North Atlantic Drift STOPS; Ice age one the way!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
I wondered why it was suddenly so cold, news reports that methane from fish farts mixed with global warming have tipped the ocean, and the North Atlantic Drift has stopped.

Which basically means were all going to freeze to death in a new ice agesad

jinXed by JaNx
well let's strap some rockets on that B**ch and get er movin. We have the tools.

Bardock42
You, Sir, are funny.

Sadako of Girth
Fu*k. I HATE "The day after tommorrow". sad

SamZED
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I wondered why it was suddenly so cold, news reports that methane from fish farts mixed with global warming have tipped the ocean, and the North Atlantic Drift has stopped.

Which basically means were all going to freeze to death in a new ice agesad Here where I live its gonna be just another winter.

Moscow
Good weather for snowmen I guess

Bicnarok

Scythe
Must buy cereal.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
well let's strap some rockets on that B**ch and get er movin. We have the tools.

and i know the perfect team to do it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq6q2BrTino

inimalist
Originally posted by SamZED
Here where I live its gonna be just another winter.

KidRock
lulz, the loony "omg global warming!" crowd is now using global warming as a reason as to why we have been having one of the coldest and snowiest winters on record.

inimalist
/facepalm

King Kandy

Bicnarok
for those who might reside in areas not aware of the "april fool" tradition, this was an attempt at an April fools joke. Basically a lie to wind people up. I being born on that day, have the right to do thissmile

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I being born on that day, have the right to do thissmile

hmm

I'd say that's a valid reason.

Shakyamunison
Not so April Fools after all?

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_14819778

inimalist
but if its not getting hotter there is no way global warming (because that is a scientific term, not a media made one) could be the cause

/fact

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
but if its not getting hotter there is no way global warming (because that is a scientific term, not a media made one) could be the cause

/fact

But if it gets warmer then the ice will melt and cause the Atlantic Ocean conveyor belt to slow, making it colder in the north. This cold will keep the ice from melting, and that will keep the belt from slowing. blink My head hurts...

inimalist
look, its global warming, if any part of the world isn't getting hotter all the time the whole science behind the idea is false. That is how it works. You can trust me, I am totally a scientist and understand all the ridiculously complex climate systems that I reduce into short phrases that fit on bumper-stickers.

Bicnarok

Shakyamunison
look, its global warming, if any part of the world isn't getting hotter all the time the whole science behind the idea is false. That is how it works. You can trust me, I am totally a scientist and understand all the ridiculously complex climate systems that I reduce into short phrases that fit on bumper-stickers.

...and your from Canada. big grin

inimalist

dadudemon
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
...and you're from Canada. big grin

The Canadians are more likely to die from AIDS than global warming: it just so happens that some people in African could die from both. fear GLOBAL AIDS!

inimalist
...and your from Canada. big grin

unfortunatly, the anti-global warming memes have become so popular that it is no longer an American phenomenon

teachers in the UK wanted to show "The Global Warming Swindle" alongside "An Inconvenient Truth", for instance

the trite little "ohh, look at this" sort of facts I was mocking, along with a couple of ROUGH winters (not the last 2, but for a few years before that) made it easy to convince people that "warming" wasn't so solid (and the stupid leaked emails haven't helped), even though, climate change scientists predicted more extreme winters due to "warming" a decade ago at least. Even among my well informed friends, "global warming" is looked upon with huge skepticism.

dadudemon
Even among my well informed friends, "global warming" is looked upon with huge skepticism.
I hope you have me included in that category. :"(

On the same token, I look at the anti-global warming propganda with huge skepticism.

For instance, anti-global warming freaks went ape-sh*t over the increase of the antarctic iceshelf. I was quick to point out that the Arctic ice has melted at a far faster pace than the antarctic shelf is recovering. You would have been so proud of me, on that day. embarrasment

inimalist
Originally posted by dadudemon
The Canadians are more likely to die from AIDS than global warming: it just so happens that some people in African could die from both. fear GLOBAL AIDS!

certain areas of our economy actually stand to improve with an increase in temperature, though some of our current niche industries are failing.

That being said, I was listening to a radio program about the new infrastructure development that is going to need to be done in the thawing permafrost of the arctic in order to facilitate a functional north west passage shipping route and it gave my Randian side a huge errection. I'm actually really excited to see what comes from the changing climate.

Less so for the global aids, ya...

Shakyamunison
unfortunatly, the anti-global warming memes have become so popular that it is no longer an American phenomenon

teachers in the UK wanted to show "The Global Warming Swindle" alongside "An Inconvenient Truth", for instance

the trite little "ohh, look at this" sort of facts I was mocking, along with a couple of ROUGH winters (not the last 2, but for a few years before that) made it easy to convince people that "warming" wasn't so solid (and the stupid leaked emails haven't helped), even though, climate change scientists predicted more extreme winters due to "warming" a decade ago at least. Even among my well informed friends, "global warming" is looked upon with huge skepticism.

As it should be. However, skepticism doesn't mean dismiss out of hand.

inimalist
Originally posted by dadudemon
I hope you have me included in that category. :"(

On the same token, I look at the anti-global warming propganda with huge skepticism.

For instance, anti-global warming freaks went ape-sh*t over the increase of the antarctic iceshelf. I was quick to point out that the Arctic ice has melted at a far faster pace than the antarctic shelf is recovering. You would have been so proud of me, on that day. embarrasment

no, not at all

I mean crazy in the way you implied, the "omfg, how could humans impact the environment, i mean, come on" types.

Its the strangest thing to. I mean, I'm aware I am just buying the scientific consensus, and I do this on all issues pretty well, and so do these friends, on every single issue but this. Its weird to see them justify that too. smile

but no, I'm not so stupid to think anyone who thinks the IPCC isn't divinely inspired is a moron.

inimalist
As it should be. However, skepticism doesn't mean dismiss out of hand.

I actually meant 'skepticism' the meme, which is how pseudo-climate science has presented itself to the public. The same way many creationists try to pass what they preach as "Evoloution skepticism"

skepticism as a stance is obviously good

Shakyamunison
I actually meant 'skepticism' the meme, which is how pseudo-climate science has presented itself to the public. The same way many creationists try to pass what they preach as "Evoloution skepticism"

skepticism as a stance is obviously good

My head is hurting too much to deal with memes. The question of global warming is a scientific question. I can't stand when politicians chime in on a scientific question. All they are able to prove is how stupid they are.

inimalist
My head is hurting too much to deal with memes. The question of global warming is a scientific question. I can't stand when politicians chime in on a scientific question. All they are able to prove is how stupid they are.

the question of policy is an inherently political one however, and the ignorance of politicians about scientific matters is apparent even on issues with far less cultural significance.

The potrayal of basic natural and biological research as being "frivilous" in a recession is a good example of this. Not that there isn't a valid question about funding, but in how misinformed about the processes of the accumulation of knowledge through experimentation the political class truly is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.