Spectre vs. Eternity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Both are ultimate powers in their universes.

WhiteWitchKing
Eternity wins. He doesn't have a soul.

galactusischere
So, DoV Spectre?
Eternity, easily.

batdude123
Wow.

theICONiac
Which version of Spectre???

People have to be more clear when starting these threads.

Wild Shadow
the old school one whose power lvl was barely enough to make good stories when fighting werewolves and vampires..

theICONiac
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the old school one whose power lvl was barely enough to make good stories when fighting werewolves and vampires..

Exactly! Could you imagine the Living Tribunal (his counterpart in Marvel Vs. DC) fighting leprechauns???

laughing

quanchi112
Eternity, easily.

guy222
Spectre FTW

I know Crispus has been abused by DC, but

Eternity isn't defeating the Spectre

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by theICONiac
Exactly! Could you imagine the Living Tribunal (his counterpart in Marvel Vs. DC) fighting leprechauns???

laughing

Well, the LT may not fight leprechauns, but he does fight little kids with absorption powers(Protege)

Spectre wins!!!

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Well, the LT may not fight leprechauns, but he does fight little kids with absorption powers(Protege)

Spectre wins!!!

That's still better than fighting midgets (Leprechauns).

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
That's still better than fighting midgets (Leprechauns).

laughing

The point I was trying to make is that both companies have shit writing at times!!!

guy222
Indeed

Look at Eternity socking Hank Pym

WTF

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Spectre FTW

I know Crispus has been abused by DC, but

Eternity isn't defeating the Spectre Why not? We've seen far less rock him in dov, him not able to effect the Nekron because he doesn't have a soul. How does the Spectre win this?

guy222
How does he lose

quanchi112
How does he lose Eternity is simply more powerful. He beats him worse than captain marvel did.

guy222
Disagree good friend

But that's ok

quanchi112
Disagree good friend

But that's ok Be on msn later.

guy222
I am on now

Knowsbleed33
Spectre.

guy222
thumb up

psycho gundam
Eternity wins. He doesn't have a soul. he kinda does though: he's life (at least used to) be ties to the lives of his "children", the trillions of lives of his inhabitants. they die, he dies.

not sure how that works if it;s still the case, but he's not technically soulless in totality

redhotrash
Has Eternity ever actually won a fight on his own....?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he kinda does though: he's life (at least used to) be ties to the lives of his "children", the trillions of lives of his inhabitants. they die, he dies.

not sure how that works if it;s still the case, but he's not technically soulless in totality

Eternity's a lot of things. As for life, I bet there's more unintelligent life than there are intelligent, evil life within Eternity. So yeah, I'd like to see Spectre judge that.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by redhotrash
Has Eternity ever actually won a fight on his own....?

Yes.

- Defeated Nightmare and Powered-up Juggernaut.
- Him and his other half Infinity defeated Magus with an incomplete IG

Prep-Man
Toss up.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Spectre. Based on?

AlmightyKfish
Meh, my problem with the Spectre vs Nekron thing was that Spectre didn't try to use his vast magical/godly reserves of power on Nekron, just tried to 'judge him'.

I mean, Parallax wouldn't seem to technically have a soul (As it's basically just fear incarnate), but Spectre could hurt Parallax via magic/raw power.

Meh, either way it depends on what version of Spectre.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
laughing

The point I was trying to make is that both companies have shit writing at times!!! that wasn't sh$# writing for the spectre but his actual power base lvl before retcons and ignoring of his powerset to make him a more powerful character.

Dc does this alot with its characters they rewrite them without any explanation till one day they are herald lvl and ppl just accept it and ignore the characters earlier power lvl's and past stories..

DC needed a Marvel abstract character and they chose the spectre to mirror marvel's abstracts and so they rewrote him in that light without explaining the massive power push.. i guess one could say they did with god's backing but lets be honest really didn't.. you don't go from fighting vampires for 15, 20 yrs and in a DCU/MU crossover to universal guardian and master of time and space and mystical realms and considering him somewhat equal to the Lt. when he hasn't bn written as such since the Silverage.

the poor writing is dc never explaining his power push not Spectre's actual powerset that was below guys like strange.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Meh, my problem with the Spectre vs Nekron thing was that Spectre didn't try to use his vast magical/godly reserves of power on Nekron, just tried to 'judge him'.

I mean, Parallax wouldn't seem to technically have a soul (As it's basically just fear incarnate), but Spectre could hurt Parallax via magic/raw power.

Meh, either way it depends on what version of Spectre. Which version of the Spectre can handle Eternity here?

TheTyrant
Eternity is the bigger jobber. The wrath of the Presence wins.

Omega Vision
Spectre at his best is a Multiversal Abstract. Multiversal Abstract>Embodiment of one Universe.
Spectre FTW.

Wild Shadow
eternity in his full manifestation is also omniversal abstract what we see of eternity in the current 616 is just one small aspect of himself...

now i am not saying regular eternity in the 616 is omniversal cuz he isnt but at his full power and part of his totality he is...

anyways when has it bn said or shown that the spectre is omniversal?

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Spectre at his best is a Multiversal Abstract. Multiversal Abstract>Embodiment of one Universe.
Spectre FTW. Eternity at his best is multiversal.

King Kandy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he kinda does though: he's life (at least used to) be ties to the lives of his "children", the trillions of lives of his inhabitants. they die, he dies.

Warlock stated once that while Eternity and other abstracts have 'spirits', they don't have souls and aren't under the soul gem's domain.

quanchi112
Spectre FTW. Based on what? Like this means anything anywise combat wise.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by King Kandy
Warlock stated once that while Eternity and other abstracts have 'spirits', they don't have souls and aren't under the soul gem's domain. What comic is that?

BTW this is most powerful version of spectre(i wouldn't know the name for that).Why would people think the guy in the fun comics who fights werewolves would fight Eternity?

Colossus-Big C
is there a Omni-Eternity?
or would that be toaa or the primal monitor?

guy222
Spectre has high showings, lets not forget that

Spectre and LT encountered The Brothers

Not Eternity

LT >/= Spectre> Eternity IMO

Rules, be spoken Cris is the current Host. Most have seen the jobbing DC writers have bestowed upon him

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
is there a Omni-Eternity?
or would that be toaa or the primal monitor? its the multiversal eternity which is the whole of all the entire multiverse...

i dont have a scan of him but yes he their a multiversal eternity..

the 616 eternity is just a small part of its full totality..

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
its the multiversal eternity which is the whole of all the entire multiverse...

i dont have a scan of him but yes he their a multiversal eternity..

the 616 eternity is just a small part of its full totality.. i know there is a multiversal eternity, but there are also things greater than a multiverse its called a Omniverse. (an omniverse has an infinit amount of multiverses in it)
the question is, is there a omniversal eternity?

WhiteWitchKing
i know there is a multiversal eternity, but there are also things greater than a multiverse its called a Omniverse. (an omniverse has an infinit amount of multiverses in it)
the question is, is there a omniversal eternity?

Same thing. Writers often mix the two. Multiversal Eternity is the same thing as Omniversal Eternity. Roma even states in the Abraxas saga that she tends to a being called Eternity (i.e. Multiversal Eternity).

Colossus-Big C
Same thing. Writers often mix the two. Multiversal Eternity is the same thing as Omniversal Eternity. Roma even states in the Abraxas saga that she tends to a being called Eternity (i.e. Multiversal Eternity). okay, but isnt the beyonder realm out side of the multiverse? like the brothers realm?

i would think multi-eternity has no jurisdicition out side of the marvel multiverse.

Black bolt z
okay, but isnt the beyonder realm out side of the multiverse? like the brothers realm?

i would think multi-eternity has no jurisdicition out side of the marvel multiverse. Thats true.It's a multiverse but an unknown multiverse.Maybe it's acctually another dimension or something because even LT didn't know about it.

quanchi112
Spectre has high showings, lets not forget that

Spectre and LT encountered The Brothers

Not Eternity

LT >/= Spectre> Eternity IMO

Rules, be spoken Cris is the current Host. Most have seen the jobbing DC writers have bestowed upon him I still don't recall any high showings which put him near Eternity though. I think that doesn't count either as it was a crossover.

Spectre's a plot device sure, but one who is far less than Eternity.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
I still don't recall any high showings which put him near Eternity though. I think that doesn't count either as it was a crossover.

Based on what exactly? All of Eternity's...victories? stick out tongue

quanchi112
Based on what exactly? All of Eternity's...victories? stick out tongue I don't need to see a victory from eternity to know he's beyond Spectre at his best. The guy was near ig level of power and lost a battle of wills to Thanos. The Spectre would be annihilated by the ig.

Omega Vision
I don't need to see a victory from eternity to know he's beyond Spectre at his best. The guy was near ig level of power and lost a battle of wills to Thanos. The Spectre would be annihilated by the ig.
So you admit he has no victories. Concession accepted.

quanchi112
So you admit he has no victories. Concession accepted. The Spectre needed an amp to take on the coie Am who was stealing the heroes powers at the time. the ig could blink the lot of them out with a thought.

That's just plain terrible when you look at the Spectre and his powers and the fact he needed outside magic there to challenge the Am who held far less power than the power gem.

quanchi112
So you admit he has no victories. Concession accepted. So by your logic someone like the Hulk can win because he has more victories?

Omega Vision
So by your logic someone like the Hulk can win because he has more victories?
No. But when dealing with two beings on a similar power scale we go with the one who actually has some success doing his job.

quanchi112
No. But when dealing with two beings on a similar power scale we go with the one who actually has some success doing his job. They aren't similar at all in power level. Eternity just straight up wins as he is far more powerful.

amnesia
I think eternity, although he seems like the most useless entity ever i bet he does a lot of cool stuff off-panel.

guy222
I still don't recall any high showings which put him near Eternity though. I think that doesn't count either as it was a crossover.

Disagree

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by amnesia
I think eternity, although he seems like the most useless entity ever i bet he does a lot of cool stuff off-panel. like watch ppl in their most private moments in the bathroom....aside from that he contemplates on them

quanchi112
Disagree I know you do. I just want to know which showings you are going by.

guy222
All of his, not just the jobbings by Crispus

This is prolly Cris being used here

Don't forget good friend, Eternity has been jobbed out as well

quanchi112
All of his, not just the jobbings by Crispus

This is prolly Cris being used here

Don't forget good friend, Eternity has been jobbed out as well Oh I understand perfectly well. To me though I don't see Spectre anywhere near an ig user and Eternity at his best is near an ig user. To me that's what it boils down to.

Prep-Man
These 2 are the queens of jobers.

guy222
thumb up

guy222
Oh I understand perfectly well. To me though I don't see Spectre anywhere near an ig user and Eternity at his best is near an ig user. To me that's what it boils down to.

U remember the thread on ICT

stick out tongue

quanchi112
U remember the thread on ICT

stick out tongue No, I can't recall it.

remyzero
strange comments here ,saying spectre or nabu is not even multiversal big grin
spectre ,nabu these guys already proved to be stronger than even megaversal entities of DC.
lots of guys in dc weaker than spectre or nabu can end all abstracts in marvel.
eternity is not even multiversal.
it is hard to find someone in dc that cant beat eternity, comparing eternity to spectre smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.