Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Written by JASON AARON
Pencils & Cover by ADAM KUBERT

Preview

http://marvel.com/news/all.11855.first_look~colon~_astonishing_spider-man~slash~wolverine_%231~excl~

Scythe
Sweet, I'm glad. I'm a sucker for Spidey and Wolverine/Batman and Superman team-ups. I also like Adam Kubert's work.

Kazenji
Like to know why Aaron put The Orb in the book......he's usually a Ghost Rider baddie.

SamZED
Sweet! About freaking time!

StiltmanFTW
May 5th...? Damn.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kazenji
Like to know why Aaron put The Orb in the book......he's usually a Ghost Rider baddie.
Might have to do with a number of reason. New interesting twist, perhaps. I mean wolverine and spiderman are running a little short of villains left especially wolverine. Of the villains that are left, not many have the ability to take wolverine and spiderman on at the same time.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I mean wolverine and spiderman are running a little short of villains left especially wolverine. .

How is Spider-Man running low on villains?

most of them are still around.

Battlehammer
How is Spider-Man running low on villains?

most of them are still around.
They don't seem to be around I mean ever since BND many seemed to have vanished and replaced by shity rip offs.

I mean venon (eddie brock gone). I have no idea were carnage has been. Rhino just showed but he be usesless against wolverien and spiderman, green goblin is done, shocker in jail (not that he even be a threat to them), there hydro who also in jail I believe. Then there sand man who could work, but wolverine would be utterly useless in a fight with him. There not really any villains of spidy that make for a good teamup match. But if you can think of one be my guess (carnage would be sick though I have no idea were the hell he gone too)

Kazenji

I have no idea were carnage has been.)

Last i remember hearing was he got ripped apart by Sentry

Chameleon is still around is doing stuff Sasha Kravinoff and who knows what Electro is gonna be doing

Doc Ock is also still around

theres probably more villains still around.

Battlehammer
Last i remember hearing was he got ripped apart by Sentry

Chameleon is still around is doing stuff Sasha Kravinoff and who knows what Electro is gonna be doing

Doc Ock is also still around

theres probably more villains still around.
yea in space, did he die? or is he just floating in space again?

chameleon was always such a chump lol, he like the vulture.

doc ock I forgot about him, I havent seen him in a while, that lady ock is such a joke though.

yea, but not many at all and not ones that could give spidy and wolverine to gather a fight or if they can they sand man type guys were spidy or wolvie would be useless against.

Wolverine villains are all dead pretty much. spidy seem to be miss placed or replaced by terriable rip offs

SamZED
^True. Carnage hasn't shown his face ever since. Anti-Venom is a good guy. Most of Wolvie's villains are dead. Daken is also a good guy now. Well.. kinda.. more or less? Mr. Negative would be an interesting choice but I doubt it'll be him. The story starts with a time travel, so I think its gonna be a big threat. Maybe Doom even? But they say its gonna be a huge thing in terms of character development. Wonder what it's gona be.

HueyFreeman
Cant use ock. Last I checked wasnt he dying from too much trauma to his brain from years of abuse? Also Electro is a little one-note for a crossover.

SamZED
Yeah ock these days is paralised and has 8 tentacles instead of four.

H. S. 6
So is this 616 continuity? Or are they making an "Astonishing" universe?

Digi
Might have to do with a number of reason. New interesting twist, perhaps. I mean wolverine and spiderman are running a little short of villains left especially wolverine. Of the villains that are left, not many have the ability to take wolverine and spiderman on at the same time.

^^ This. Go for decades and using the same villains over and over gets tiresome.

Originally posted by H. S. 6
So is this 616 continuity? Or are they making an "Astonishing" universe?

Right next door to the Spectacular Universe.

BruceSkywalker
something i just might buy

Stall_19
Anyone reading this series? I think it's great so far. I love the storytelling for this series. It shows that they've really put some thought into it. When I first heard about it I thought it would just serve to continue the overexposing of Spider-Man and Wolverine but I was wrong and I'm glad I was wrong. They took the story in a direction that I didn't expect.

Bentley
It seems they are moving Diablo into a Spider-man villain active role, before this last few arcs he had faced Peter exactly once and he was already in three books this year.

Kazenji
I've still yet to get Part 2 of this series....

SamZED
I fear its gona be one of those stories they wont even rember later because of the whole time travelling. But I like it so far. Oh and looks like I was right when I said that it's gona be Doom.

SamZED
Does anybody else think the book is great?
The last issue kinda fcuked up the continuity a little but in a hilarious way.

Stall_19
This is totally off the wall insane and I love it. Can't wait for the final issue.

Scythe
I like it.

Badabing
I'm enjoying the comic.

SamZED
Just read the final issue. Loved it. A bit sad though. But a must read for Spider-man and Wolverine fans. Spider-haters however better keep away for their own good, that's right I mean you Stilt.stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
I guess they make out at the end or something... sick

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I guess they make out at the end or something... sick laughing lol no. sick But you're gonna throw up anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Read it. I think I'm gonna pass out now.

SamZED
stick out tongue told ya.

StiltmanFTW
The issue was pretty mediocre. Sara = a void character. Minutemen were lame. Revolvers shooting webs, wow. Blood brothers scene is gonna haunt me for years.

I'm disappointed. Some issues were good, but the final one seemed rushed.

srankmissingnin
They cut the series short, the two were going to the Middle Ages, fight Galactus on a alien planet, and Spidy was going to start the a New World Avengers in the 15th century with Sasquatch.

StiltmanFTW
Why did they do that? Obviously a Spider-Man/Wolverine book must have been selling well...

Kazenji
I'm still waiting on Part 2 of this mini.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.