The Transporter versus The Protector....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The Transporter and the Protector face off, H2H combat to the death, or to the KO.

The fight takes place in a fire station. Both fighters are at full strength. They can use anything around them as weapons.

KingD19
I say Jaa takes a majority. He looked more physical powerful, brutal, and had no problem with breaking you...literally.

Rogue Jedi
That's why I threw in the fire station. Frank impressed more with weapons.

Tattoos N Scars
I'd say Jaa takes this...not without a little difficulty, however.

Rogue Jedi
I'm gonna go with Frank. His use of the fire hose in T2 was uber impressive.

KingD19
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I'm gonna go with Frank. His use of the fire hose in T2 was uber impressive.

You gotta realize though, most of the people Frank fought were bottom level nameless goons.

Jaa fought several high level opponents, and took on like, 20-30 people at once. Plus he has the ability to not register pain.

Also, Jaa is a lot faster, and stronger than Frank by showings.

Rogue Jedi
Dont remember Jaa being shown not registering pain.

KingD19
Dont remember Jaa being shown not registering pain.

When he sees the bones of his elephant, and the baby, he gets really pissed. And he's getting pounded by all these guys, but he doesn't even pay them any attention, he's just pissed that his elephant is dead. And when they keep hitting him, he's taking hits, then breaking bones, then going towards his elephant.

Rogue Jedi
So he has major damage soak. He is still shown feeling pain.

KingD19
He's shown registering pain, but in that scene, he was ignoring full on hits because his elephant was dead.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, and in this fight, there is no elephant skeleton to entrance him.

KingD19
I was just pointing it out. Jaa still fought real martial artsists and strong guys, whereas as Frank fought nothing but nameless goons, and nowhere near the number that Jaa fought them. Plus, Jaa was taking guys down with one hit, and as soon as he touched them, Frank had to work them down and use weapons. Jaa's also much more agile.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, and in this fight, there is no elephant skeleton to entrance him.

That doesn't matter. The only thing that elephant did was give him a weapons advantage.

There is absolutely no question that Jaa takes scenario 1. It may not be a quick victory but it will still be won with relative ease. Franks endurance and stamina are definitely commendable but i really think he is greatly outmatched in H2H.

As KingD pointed out, Jaa stayed fighting martial artists through out the entire movie. Yeah, he fought his share of throwaway goons as well but the majority showcased great skill. That four minute take where Jaa is walking up the hotel, taking everyone out is just to much. I know that scene is so incredible because it's one continuous take and that has no bearing in this fight because that doesn't effect the timeline thats unfolding in the movie but it's what he did after that feat.

I think, Frank has a better chance in scenario 2 but i still see Jaa taking that match 6/10. Jaa displayed incredible weapon skills in, The protector. Not only did he prove to know how to use them but he also showed that he can easily counter weapons. I think the Hotel scene also showcases, Jaas ability to utilize his surroundings better than Frank.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
That doesn't matter. The only thing that elephant did was give him a weapons advantage.

There is absolutely no question that Jaa takes scenario 1. It may not be a quick victory but it will still be won with relative ease. Franks endurance and stamina are definitely commendable but i really think he is greatly outmatched in H2H.

As KingD pointed out, Jaa stayed fighting martial artists through out the entire movie. Yeah, he fought his share of throwaway goons as well but the majority showcased great skill. That four minute take where Jaa is walking up the hotel, taking everyone out is just to much. I know that scene is so incredible because it's one continuous take and that has no bearing in this fight because that doesn't effect the timeline thats unfolding in the movie but it's what he did after that feat.

I think, Frank has a better chance in scenario 2 but i still see Jaa taking that match 6/10. Jaa displayed incredible weapon skills in, The protector. Not only did he prove to know how to use them but he also showed that he can easily counter weapons. I think the Hotel scene also showcases, Jaas ability to utilize his surroundings better than Frank. Yes, it certainly does matter. Jaa never showed the "not registering pain" feat besides the scene where he saw his dead elephant. The rest of the scenes he felt pain just like you or I would.

Weapons? Dude, Martin is on another level in using weapons than Jaa is. Wht did Jaa use? Coupla oversized matchsticks? Elephant bones? Compared to Martin using....well.....anything and everything around him. There's really no comparison here. Jaa would have been killed by the punk ***** in the dostor office, he never would have thought of doing the things Frank did. The man used a ****ing fire hose to pwn half a dozen men.

No. Frank uses his surroundings FAR better than Jaa does. There's no debate there, screen feats prove this. Remember the scene with the motor oil and the bicycle pedals? That scene alone trumps any "using surroundings" feat Jaa displayed.

jinXed by JaNx
Yes, it certainly does matter. Jaa never showed the "not registering pain" feat besides the scene where he saw his dead elephant. The rest of the scenes he felt pain just like you or I would.

Weapons? Dude, Martin is on another level in using weapons than Jaa is. Wht did Jaa use? Coupla oversized matchsticks? Elephant bones? Compared to Martin using....well.....anything and everything around him. There's really no comparison here. Jaa would have been killed by the punk ***** in the dostor office, he never would have thought of doing the things Frank did. The man used a ****ing fire hose to pwn half a dozen men.

No. Frank uses his surroundings FAR better than Jaa does. There's no debate there, screen feats prove this. Remember the scene with the motor oil and the bicycle pedals? That scene alone trumps any "using surroundings" feat Jaa displayed.

Naaa, i still don't think that proves that Jaa didn't register pain any less than he previously did. We also have to consider, that before that scene we rarely saw him take much damage he was to busy countering and kicking ass. Also, if, Jaa, indeed became so enraged by witnessing the elephants bones, this just further strengthens his feats and doesn't limit him. If he has that ability within in him to steel himself from acknowledging pain that is an ability he always possessed and not something that was magically granted to him. There is nothing to say that he wouldn't be able to reach this physical and mental state in a different scenario. Regardless, neither of them were put down from physical damage. I don't think endurance will be the deciding factor for neither, Jaa or Frank here. I think it's going to come down to Stamina and skill.

You know, i may be getting, The protector mixed up with, Ong Bak. There is a scene in, Ong Bak, i thought it was, The protector where Jaa is using the same technique (i forget the name) that frank uses with the fire hose and it was much much more impressive. So, i'll give you that but i still don't think this guarantees a victory for, Frank. Jaa is a master of martial arts. All it would take is an educated counter. Besides, i don't think Jaa is going to be sitting still like the goombas, Frank was fighting. He is going to be utilizing his surroundings and would most likely go on the defensive when, Frank had a fire hose.

I'm still not sold that, Frank utilizes his surroundings better than, Jaa. I think Frank has demonstrated a better offensive use of his surroundings but i think Jaa demonstrated a better defensive use of his surroundings. He used his surroundings to escape and counter many times through out that movie. All Jaa needs is a wall and he'll turn that into a weapon or an escape to counter.

Rogue Jedi
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm right. Blow me, baby. haermm

jinXed by JaNx
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm right. Blow me, baby. haermm

blowup

Last time i give you credit for anything

laughing

Rogue Jedi
But on the real, the guys Jaa took on, multi level, wave after wave, they were shit. They were either high as hell, drunk, or worn out from sex.

steverules_2
Dunno either of them, but I am gonna watch all 3 transporter films cuz I like actor Jason, he's such a lol

KingD19
But on the real, the guys Jaa took on, multi level, wave after wave, they were shit. They were either high as hell, drunk, or worn out from sex.

We already established he took on goons, but he took on tons of goons, far more at a single time than Frank ever did.

But Jaa actually fought martial artists, good ones. He even took on 3 borderline superhuman strong guys.

Franks outclassed, and like Jinxed said, he's crazy at counters and using his environment to make you work to get him. He's like the new era Jackie Chan....only much more brutal.

Rogue Jedi
K.

jinXed by JaNx

No man, every single bad guy in that hotel/restaurant were like the bestest karate guys in the world. Jaa is just so badass that he made them look like goons. Im cereal, i looked it up on lazypedia eek!

I don't think it really matters whether or not anyone of those goons posses skill that is on Jaas level. They certainly demonstrated a basic understanding in martial arts. It was the sheer volume that he faced off against. He started from ground level and traversed several levels, fighting and demolishing everyone in the building. Everyone in that area was alerted to his presence. The most impressive part came directly after this brawl when he duel those bigass monsters and that ninja b1tch.

Dude, you should pit Jaa from, the protector against, Jet li from, Kiss of the dragon. I think that would be well balanced close fight. Jaa has the hotel feat, and Jet Li has a similar feat when he stormed that building at the end.

Rogue Jedi
Jaa will be killed by Frank, how's he gonna fight again?

KingD19
Jaa will be killed by Frank, how's he gonna fight again?

By not dying, and killing Frank in the process.

Rogue Jedi
You just blew my mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.