ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Axle
Ben Kenobi runs this gauntlet.

1. Plo Koon
2. Sora Bulq
3. Ki-Adi-Mundi
4. Cin Drallig
5. Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
6. Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) - Yes he will have to fight, lets say a clone, of his younger self.
7. Darth Tyranus
8. Darth Vader
9. Mace Windu

Yes, he has ample enough time between each combatant to replenish his energy reserves.

Axle
Anyone care to comment?

Red Nemesis
Dies at five

truejedi
wish we could quantify how powerful ANH kenobi was with the force. It might have been considerable. Since we can't know that, i'm going to say dies at 4.

Andrew Ryan
Plo Koon freezes a creek and ANH Obi-Wan falls and breaks his hip.

Darth Martin
I'm thinking either Koon or Mundi can stop him. Mundi held his own for more or less a minute against Grievous in lightsaber combat. No way Kenobi manages this. Both Koon and Mundi are more than capable with the Force as well not to mention they're in much better shape and a far from rusty due to the Clone Wars.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
No way Kenobi manages this.

what? prove that please.

DARTH POWER
Oh come on anyone beats Greivous nowadays(in the CW animation) apart from novices like Ashoka. I think Mundi getting beaten by GG was because he was exhausted, otherwise that speaks very low of Mundi's fighting skills considering he is a Jedi Council Member.

As for ANH Obiwan, unless he's greatly improved his mastery of the Force I say he gets stuck at 2. I think people keep forgetting how good Sora Bulq was in lightsaber combat.

truejedi
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

As for ANH Obiwan, unless he's greatly improved his mastery of the Force I say he gets stuck at 2. I think people keep forgetting how good Sora Bulq was in lightsaber combat.

Where is your idea coming from that 60 year old ANH Kenobi was terrible with a saber? He was uber in ROTS, and Dooku at 80 is better than he had ever been before.

Kenobi was better in ROTS with a lightsaber than most of the people on this list.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi
Where is your idea coming from that 60 year old ANH Kenobi was terrible with a saber? He was uber in ROTS, and Dooku at 80 is better than he had ever been before.

Kenobi was better in ROTS with a lightsaber than most of the people on this list.

Well, although he's probably still very good, the book Star Wars: Death Star has the duel between Vader and Obi Wan on the Death Star, and the narrator from Vader's POV points out that Obi Wan's lightsaber skills had diminished.

ares834
I say he dies at 5.

DARTH POWER
Where is your idea coming from that 60 year old ANH Kenobi was terrible with a saber?

and when exactly did I say he was "terrible" with a Saber?? Although Vader did say "Your powers are weak old man." And Lucas says in the ANH audio commentary that Obi1's an old man and Vader's a machine, so neither of them are what they once were in Lightsaber combat at least.

He was uber in ROTS, and Dooku at 80 is better than he had ever been before.

It doesnt matter Obiwan isnt Dooku. Dooku had the fitness of a man half his age. Did Obiwan?

Yes but this isnt ROTS Obiwan. And my point was Sora Bulq is pretty uber himself, which most people here dnt seem to realise. In schism Mace Windu culdnt outduel him, and had to end the fight with a Force Push.

Lord Lucien
Kenobi used some sort of Force techniques during his battle with Vader. Began with a "t", can't bloody remember it. Matt knows.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Kenobi used some sort of Force techniques during his battle with Vader. Began with a "t", can't bloody remember it. Matt knows. Trakata, minus the accent, it's not a Force technique, it's a saber style, basically Kenobi switched his saber on and off to throw Vader off and to stop his brute strength pounding him into mush,

Axle
Where does it say that he uses this Trakata? (minus the accent)

mattatom
Originally posted by Axle
Where does it say that he uses this Trakata? (minus the accent) Either the ANH novel or Death Star, can't remember which.

Ms.Marvel
its amazing how authors feel the need to throw shit into a fight that clearly wasnt actually happening in the movies...

Darth Martin
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Oh come on anyone beats Greivous nowadays(in the CW animation) apart from novices like Ashoka. That's the new shit cartoon where Ashoka holds her own frequently.

Kenobi was better in ROTS with a lightsaber than most of the people on this list. He's clearly better than the first 3 combatants. Vader, Skywalker, and Drallig are arguable. The rest are clearly superior to him.

what? prove that please. ANH Kenobi taking on Grievous in saber combat?

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin

ANH Kenobi taking on Grievous in saber combat?

yes.

mattatom
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
its amazing how authors feel the need to throw shit into a fight that clearly wasnt actually happening in the movies... I know how you feel, it does make some sense, Kenobi was out of practice, he's old, oh and Vader has metal limbs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.