easter (ishtar)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=10398

Easter is a day that is honered by nearly all of contemporary Christianity and is used to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The holiday often involves a church service at sunrise, a feast which includes an "Easter Ham", decorated eggs and stories about rabbits.

Those who love truth learn to ask questions, and many questions must be asked regarding the holiday of Easter.

Is it truly the day when Jesus arose from the dead? Where did all of the strange customs come from?

discuss

Symmetric Chaos
Always good to know that Satan is wasting his effort on ridiculous pranks.

Wild Shadow
jesus arose in march iirc.. easter was the pagan new yr... dont hold me on this i haven't brushed up on my religions, history and culture in a while.

but i think his resurrection was moved to april in order to overshadow the pagan holiday and take it over as part of the church.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
jesus arose in march iirc.. easter was the pagan new yr... dont hold me on this i haven't brushed up on my religions, history and culture in a while.

but i think his resurrection was moved to april in order to overshadow the pagan holiday and take it over as part of the church.

All of which was part of Satan's ridiculously circuitous plan to get Christians to paint eggs, for some reason. Read the article! Free your mind!

Deja~vu
Deano is right. It's just another so called Christian holiday that derived its roots from a pagan diety/holiday.

Can't wait for Valentines Day to celebrate the god of wine and pleasure!!

Blinky
Let's see, Easter traditions...

I read somewhere that the whole painting eggs tradition came from a very morbid story. Apparently, when the 'ol Messiah was on the cross slowly bleeding to death and groaning in pain, some old hag was at the foot of the cross mourning. The old hag was carrying some eggs in a basket (for some odd reason), and she set them down and started praying... then...the dying Christ coughed up some blood on the eggs. Yey, blood-splattered eggs!

Pretty neat eh? Tell that story to the kiddies next time you hide some painted eggs.

The Dark Cloud
Most modern christian traditions are copies of ancient pagan ones

Deano
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
All of which was part of Satan's ridiculously circuitous plan to get Christians to paint eggs, for some reason. Read the article! Free your mind!

satan doesnt exist boyo

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Deano
satan doesnt exist boyo

Your link disagrees.

Deano
thats religion for ya

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Blinky

I read somewhere that the whole painting eggs tradition came from a very morbid story. Apparently, when the 'ol Messiah was on the cross slowly bleeding to death and groaning in pain, some old hag was at the foot of the cross mourning. The old hag was carrying some eggs in a basket (for some odd reason), and she set them down and started praying... then...the dying Christ coughed up some blood on the eggs. Yey, blood-splattered eggs!

Pretty neat eh? Tell that story to the kiddies next time you hide some painted eggs.

That's just ewww.

laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blinky

Have you seen The Passion? sick

Bicnarok
Nearly all christian holidays go back to the Pagan. Even the christ story itself is a repeat of Isis and Horus, or Krishna.

Pandemoniac
Didn't know about the blood on the eggs!
Ah well, a little drawing to lighten the mood

Grand-Moff-Gav
Have we all given up on Passover then? (As an explanaton of where Easter comes from that is.)

Anyway you are all talking shit, the date of Easter was chosen and imposed by Pope Victor I in the second century, it differed across the Church and had nothing to do with pagan celebrations.

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Nearly all christian holidays go back to the Pagan. Even the christ story itself is a repeat of Isis and Horus, or Krishna.
Evidence?

Grand-Moff-Gav

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.