Why do people hate INDY 4 so much?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I have seen some shit in my day, and I don't think KOTCS qualifies.

I keep hearing "aliens that was so stupid."

And the "staying alive in the refrigerator was just so........that would never happen."

Hmm............ You people seemed to have no problem when Indy jumped out an airplane with a life raft and landed unscathed.

Or watching a guy get his heart ripped out and still be alive.

You can't stand aliens, but all of the religious and hocus pocus magic your fine with.

You could pick apart the first 3 if you wanted too.

After the nazis get the map to the holy grail, do they go immedietly after it? No, they go to berlin for no reason but to watch a book burning, then a military power house that was the nazis have to make a quick stop to some guy to get a tank. Why do they need a tank? They planning to run in to heavy artillary at the grail site? And why are they trying to schmooze this guy with gifts to get the tank? Its the Nazis, last I checked they wern't courteous to anyone.

But you know what, I don't care. These kinds of movies (Indy, star wars, star trek, ghost busters, Jurassic park, predator, aliens etc....)

They're supposed to be fun, and when you're kid, that's all you care about

queeq
*cracks knuckles*

*Arnold Toht voice* Now... where to start... evil face

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by queeq
*cracks knuckles*

*Arnold Toht voice* Now... where to start... evil face

Who's Arnold Toht?

Kazenji
That guy from Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

Moscow
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I have seen some shit in my day, and I don't think KOTCS qualifies.

I keep hearing "aliens that was so stupid."

And the "staying alive in the refrigerator was just so........that would never happen."

Hmm............ You people seemed to have no problem when Indy jumped out an airplane with a life raft and landed unscathed.

Or watching a guy get his heart ripped out and still be alive.

You can't stand aliens, but all of the religious and hocus pocus magic your fine with.

You could pick apart the first 3 if you wanted too.

After the nazis get the map to the holy grail, do they go immedietly after it? No, they go to berlin for no reason but to watch a book burning, then a military power house that was the nazis have to make a quick stop to some guy to get a tank. Why do they need a tank? They planning to run in to heavy artillary at the grail site? And why are they trying to schmooze this guy with gifts to get the tank? Its the Nazis, last I checked they wern't courteous to anyone.

But you know what, I don't care. These kinds of movies (Indy, star wars, star trek, ghost busters, Jurassic park, predator, aliens etc....)

They're supposed to be fun, and when you're kid, that's all you care about

You're right and all... but the thing that made Indy 4 suck more than anything else was the nuclear explosion and the refridgerator. If Indy could survive that in the first ten or so minutes, then what the hell are we watching the rest of the movie for? I say, surviving a nuclear bomb trumps any other obstacle that comes your way.

When I first saw that... I immediately thought about the Fonz jumping over the shark. Total POS move

queeq
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Who's Arnold Toht?

*face palm*

Sadako of Girth
Meant to be fun...yes. Thats why we were so disappointed.

Shia LeBeouf being groomed as the new Indy.

Comedy f***ing gophers lowering the tone to bad-comedy levels.

Badly written script and dialogue.

The alien involvement, if kept subtle could have worked great if they had kept the aliens more mysterious, and maybe not actually have shown the whole ship thing and left more to the imagination. I hate religion. I had more reason, on paper, to buy the Aliens storyline.
Weve seen aliens before. WAY better ones. If the plot hadn't be handled by mentally disadvantaged baboons on crack, it couldve been great.

The imposed slapstick "Oh Im told old for this" shit... When Indy crashes through that Nazi windshield on his whip in the warehouse and he pauses to deliver his commentary on his landing to (presumably) the nazi drivers, they'd have shot him in the time he takes to say it..
It stank of talk-to-the-audience comedy.

Deeply uncharismatic/unmemorable villains.

Too much f***ing around with "Oooooh is Mac good or bad, good or bad, good or bad, good or ba-----" ahhhhh who gives a f*** by the eighty nineth switch..?

John Hurt's career-embarrassment.
His character was a tool, was badly written and was forced to talk shit.
Hurt, Winstone and Blanchett deserve more than that.

CGI monkeys. CGI ships, WTF.

Deeply unconvincing action that leaves the viewer yawning.
At no point did I ever feel Indy, his son, Marion or anyone else was in danger.
No peril: Boring f***ing movie.

The fridge was absolutely ridiculous and was just another faeces cherry on the faecal cake. Raiders had one foot on the ground...as well as the other in the clouds... The writers of IV had their heads way too far up their own erm.. clouds....they clearly have been up there so long, that they missed the release of the 1st three movies.

Marion Ravenwood. Classic character ruined forever on screen when she becomes braindead insipid comedy mother 43,328.

The wedding...W......T.......F. Thats the ending to "Meet the Fokkers", not an Indiana Jones movie.... The whole "you can't wear that hat...yet.." shit with Lebouf...

It all felt like watching Han Solo change his colostomy bag then plan to die while cries himself to sleep with loneliness that the kids dont see him anymore since Leia died.. Horrible Horrible Horrible.
This after we were promised and teased that we would see a great movie with our hero kicking some ass, taking names, escaping real peril at every turn and maybe electrifying the audience...but noooooooooooooooooo.

Its was a blatant soulless cashcow...the first of its kind, Indy movieswise...
And coincidentally, the 1st of a new modern era trilogy. Geee. What a surprise.

These are a few reasons for what it is so hated.

Kazenji
Well it must'nt be that bad of a movie if it has a 77% rating over on Rotten Tomatoes

there's far worst movies then it

and of course i liked it which i've mentioned plenty of times but eh each to their own.

queeq
It's not a bad movie. But it is a rather bad Indy movie.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Meant to be fun...yes. Thats why we were so disappointed.

Shia LeBeouf being groomed as the new Indy.

Comedy f***ing gophers lowering the tone to bad-comedy levels.

Badly written script and dialogue.

The alien involvement, if kept subtle could have worked great if they had kept the aliens more mysterious, and maybe not actually have shown the whole ship thing and left more to the imagination. I hate religion. I had more reason, on paper, to buy the Aliens storyline.
Weve seen aliens before. WAY better ones. If the plot hadn't be handled by mentally disadvantaged baboons on crack, it couldve been great.

The imposed slapstick "Oh Im told old for this" shit... When Indy crashes through that Nazi windshield on his whip in the warehouse and he pauses to deliver his commentary on his landing to (presumably) the nazi drivers, they'd have shot him in the time he takes to say it..
It stank of talk-to-the-audience comedy.

Deeply uncharismatic/unmemorable villains.

Too much f***ing around with "Oooooh is Mac good or bad, good or bad, good or bad, good or ba-----" ahhhhh who gives a f*** by the eighty nineth switch..?

John Hurt's career-embarrassment.
His character was a tool, was badly written and was forced to talk shit.
Hurt, Winstone and Blanchett deserve more than that.

CGI monkeys. CGI ships, WTF.

Deeply unconvincing action that leaves the viewer yawning.
At no point did I ever feel Indy, his son, Marion or anyone else was in danger.
No peril: Boring f***ing movie.

The fridge was absolutely ridiculous and was just another faeces cherry on the faecal cake. Raiders had one foot on the ground...as well as the other in the clouds... The writers of IV had their heads way too far up their own erm.. clouds....they clearly have been up there so long, that they missed the release of the 1st three movies.

Marion Ravenwood. Classic character ruined forever on screen when she becomes braindead insipid comedy mother 43,328.

The wedding...W......T.......F. Thats the ending to "Meet the Fokkers", not an Indiana Jones movie.... The whole "you can't wear that hat...yet.." shit with Lebouf...

It all felt like watching Han Solo change his colostomy bag then plan to die while cries himself to sleep with loneliness that the kids dont see him anymore since Leia died.. Horrible Horrible Horrible.
This after we were promised and teased that we would see a great movie with our hero kicking some ass, taking names, escaping real peril at every turn and maybe electrifying the audience...but noooooooooooooooooo.

Its was a blatant soulless cashcow...the first of its kind, Indy movieswise...
And coincidentally, the 1st of a new modern era trilogy. Geee. What a surprise.

These are a few reasons for what it is so hated.

Quite an extensive list.

Sadako of Girth
It's not a bad movie. But it is a rather bad Indy movie.

Thats (despite my list) quite true... (if you assume that the other franchise it would comfortably fit would have to be a verrrry banal series indeed.)

queeq
It would have fit nicely in the Mummy-franchise or the National Treasure franchise.

steverules_2
I only have one thing to say

MpraJYnbVtE

Sadako of Girth
Yup lolz

queeq
Errr...

Sadako of Girth
A truely watershed moment.

queeq
But... why?

Sadako of Girth
Cause it was the moment that a convincing fabric of fiction snapped and become a silly, ill advised move that pissed on the form of all that made it great before that point. Remind you of anything else...?

queeq
Indy IV? Just a wild guess...

Sadako of Girth
You must be psychic.

queeq
I must be...

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. No one could possibly have expected that.

queeq
I knew you were going to say that.

Sadako of Girth
And this, I bet.

queeq
You are so predictable.

Sadako of Girth
So are you. I lead you to say everything you said. And will lead you say what you are gonna say next too.

Cos Jacob touched me. :s

queeq
Jacob does as I tell him to.

Sadako of Girth
Pervert.

queeq
Hey... each his own.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue True.

queeq
Hehehe

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Prepare yourselves for LOST awesome this week.
Absolutely kickass from start to finish.

queeq
Again...? OMG....

Sadako of Girth
Yep. Prepare for WTF overload...!!!!!

Awesome, awesome, awesome....

queeq
Hurley eh?

Sadako of Girth
Yep. And as usual, Hurley episodes dont disappoint.

queeq
They did not indeed. Desmond's part is this story suddenly gets very interesting.

Sadako of Girth
Yep. You could definitely say that.

queeq
I wonder what that is all about. I thought he was turning out like a new Jacob, but running over Locke... that was rather unJacobish.

Sadako of Girth
Jacob has no qualms about people dying for his cause.

(Nadia could testify to that)

Jacob manipulates situations too that result in death like he cant or wont get his hands dirty..
Smokey seems to be pretty hands on, on the death dealing front.

Desmond is aware of events on and off the island, and it can could be seem as reaction to Locke throwing Desmond down the well... Or Smokey/Locke was avenging the mowing down with the car.... Mobius loop...?

queeq
Hmmm... interesting.

Sadako of Girth
Yes.....and the plot certainly does thicken.

queeq
I still have to watch the last one. Maybe tonight.

Sadako of Girth
Then prepare for a two week gap.
Its not on this week. sad

When you watch this one, you'll see why thats a bastard place to be left hanging...

queeq
Clever dudes.

Sadako of Girth
Cant wait for the next one man.

Torturous.

queeq
Hehehe... that's part of it.

Sadako of Girth
Yep a whole gamut of things. Anticipation...Excitement, and awe, not to mention the sadness that tinges it too.

queeq
I liked the episode. Gets more confusing all the time.

Sadako of Girth
Just meaning sad that its so nearly over.... erm

queeq
Yes I know...

Sadako of Girth
On one hand, tonight feels pointless, being no new episode. erm

Yet on the other hand, its another week with with which to relish the prospect of the last few episodes.

queeq
THere's always an upside.

Sadako of Girth
yes They mostly come at night........mostly.....

queeq
No late sleepers then.

Sadako of Girth
Nope...................

...................mostly.

queeq
Ah... I like those.

Sadako of Girth
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/banana_smiley_2.gif

queeq
Stop using my bananas.

Sadako of Girth
Well ive managed to slow one down a bit...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/banana2.gif

Which is a start.

queeq
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/ban-cow.gif

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

queeq
http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/drinking.gif

Sadako of Girth
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/interview.gif

queeq
http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/joy.gif

Sadako of Girth
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/hippo.gif

queeq
http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/strawberry.gif

Sadako of Girth
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/banana_smiley_12.gif

queeq
http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/batman.gif

Sadako of Girth
http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/shit.gif

queeq
http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/alien1.gif

Sadako of Girth
http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Banana/transformer.gif

Kazenji
Thats gonna be in Transformers 3.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah Bay'll probably name it Bruticus, judging by the his past willful inaccuracies.

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
"Bayforrrrmersssssssss.....Less than meets the eye."

queeq
More metal more crap

Sadako of Girth
With Transformers that transform from their shiny yet characterless altmodes into their indistinct, shitty looking robot modes.
(Not that you'll notice though, cause everything is fast moving and shiny..and just as soon as you focus any thought on it, then whip!! The movie focuses on teen pimple problems and awkward dating/parent embarrassing knob jokes and slapstick..

queeq
You so love Bay. You're a true Baymate.

Sadako of Girth
LOL

I do wanna say though, that I think that Prime and Bumblebee look good.

Its just that all the work seemed to go into them and everything else looked poop.

queeq
Hehehe... And Bumblebee had a first run in TF1.

Sadako of Girth
Yep.

queeq
So that's not fair.

Sadako of Girth
?

queeq
Exactly my point.

Sadako of Girth
I see.

That Camero size frame of Bumblebee's shoulda been used on Jazz.

queeq
Jazz??? The car or the music?

Sadako of Girth
Yes: the Autobot.

His alt mode was a late seventies Porche racing car.

That is the same size and design roughly that they gave BB in the movie.

Jazz was like twice the size of bumblebee who disguised himself as a VW Beetle in the G1 story, as was smaller than Jazz.
That was part of BB's character lost in transition to Bayhood...
The undersized but plucky, daring espionage bot, who needed rescuing a lot due to his lack of strength/power/combat.

Jazz was a warrior and was cool until Bay reduced him to being a crappily designed, brain dead street thug

queeq
And then Honda turned him into a mini-car.

Sadako of Girth
He was a Pontiac Solice... still.....poop the Robot mode was....
And the attitude/character was totally wrong.

queeq
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Jazz

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhhhhh very good.
stick out tongue

queeq
Finally

Sadako of Girth
Well 'scuse ME all to hell for not knowing the product list for every manufacturer out there....
erm

queeq
No. You are not excused. Get your butt in gear and starts studying every catalogue you can find.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Patient_Leech
droolio

Sadako of Girth
Especially the lingerie ones. stick out tongue

queeq
WHERE?!

Sadako of Girth
Whereever you may find them...

queeq
WHERE? WHERE?

Sadako of Girth
All around.

Its lovely.

queeq
Boobies!

Patient_Leech
Fun bags!!

Sadako of Girth
Norks!

queeq
And stuff to squeeze.

Sadako of Girth
Relieves stress.

Kazenji
Snorks?

Sadako of Girth
Only if they are in water at the time.

queeq
Floaters?

Patient_Leech
Wtf are snorks?

Sadako of Girth
LOL 'Floaters'.
Turds that just won't flush.
They usually happen when important company is expected.

Snorks are undersea cartoon creatures.

Norks are slang for a nice rack.

Kazenji
I4ALjDSsMd4

Sadako of Girth
Sing along with the...have some fun with the....swim along with the...come along with the Norks. stick out tongue

Patient_Leech
Oh lord, I was happier not knowing what Snorks are......ugh3

And norks are a new one on me. I guess I've never been to Australia, though I would like to some day.

Sadako of Girth
Its terrible information that one can not unlearn.

Kazenji
ToCq_c3wOM8#!

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I saw that! Brilliance!!

Kazenji
You on the facebook?

because thats where i seen it...it got posted by Stan Winston School of Character Art on there.

Sadako of Girth
Ha his legacy lives on!!!

What a quality work!

the ninjak
Why? It had its heart in the right place. But the action sucked. Indy using his whip in the Area 51 scene was laughable. Bouf was lame.

I personally didn't mind the alien conspiracy. But enough with the crappy GG! Animatronics holds the key to cinematic realism and believability. If you're gonna make a sequel to a classic franchise. Honor the vibe and essence of the the original films. Leave the spectacle until the end. And even then don't go all Lord of the Rings on the public.

What was that movie where three guys get taken and one makes a desperate attempt to escape. Fire in the Sky. Those aliens looked sweet.

Freakin gophers laughin! This ain't Caddyshack! Screw you LucasSlashSpielberg. Screw you in your stupid asses. Cause that's what you did to poor Indy. Indy didn't deserve to get screwed like that by you two. You two suck monkey balls.

Blanchet didn'y hold well with me. Even with tight leather pants I don't wanna do her! She's like an artistic aunt who pompously pouts her way around the backyard at family gatherings. She didn't look like she could take a punch to the jaw. Nor had ever.

That Gopher. A crap sequel and one of the signs of the Apocalypse and I'm happy I'll witness it in my lifetime. Screw you and the stupid horse you shagged all night. Screw you Lucas/Berg and all your stupid asses/

Remember when VISION was required to make beautiful movies? Not millions of coin. Not a hundred Indians working on CG ants. Not a douchbag teen heartthrob filling shoes. (and Phoenix doesn't count!)

The next Indy will be in blurry darkened 3D. Just too intensify your already growing headache. The digital quality so crisp you can see the fibres on Indy's felt pants. The Gopher will make a return, never looking better.

A zombie Hitler in a Mecha robot suit blasting ancient Mayan ruins while Shia shoves the Spear of Destiny through his black heart.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

the ninjak
Damn top of the page! Quote me you bastard...... big grin

Sadako of Girth
Too late. stick out tongue

the ninjak
DON'T MAKE ME WRITE YOU A LOVE LETTER! STRAIGHT FORM MY BLACK FREAKIN HEART!

Patient_Leech
Awww... i see love blooming. inlove

But pretty soon... death

Sadako of Girth
It was a reference to Blue Velvet.

tdjjxVVxLoE

Patient_Leech
Oh, right. I actually have that movie.. been a while since I watched it, though. Haha... Dennis Hopper is amazing. His best performance being from Super Mario Bros. of course. stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
We shall not speak of that release here..... stick out tongue

Patient_Leech
Oh, man. It's awesome, though! Haha

"Who IS this F#CK?!" laughing

Sadako of Girth
Hopper was the man.

But I also think Waterworld was a bit of an iffy one from him too.

Patient_Leech
Oh yeah, Waterworld... the OTHER awesome one!! Haha.. I actually didn't think it was as bad as people make it out to be. It's just that it had such an enormous budget and it's kind of silly, people with gills 'n all.. that's why people make fun of it. I've actually been meaning to see it again.

queeq
I loved it. Mad Max on water...

The ending was a tad too mushy but it was way better than people made it out to be. Worldwide it did fine BTW, financially.

Sadako of Girth
I liked it too.

But it wasn't Hopper's best role ever.

And in this post Bay world, we all know that B.O returns are not the be-all-and-end-all.

queeq
Indeed.

Sadako of Girth
Hoping that 2012 will be the golden year like classic cinema of yesteryear where we can all flock out the cinemas en masse to see guaranteed decent/maybe classic movies all year.

queeq
Doesn't have to be of yesteryear, I'm already content with classic cinema of today and tomorrow... The problem is that there isn't a lot of classic stuff coming out.

Sadako of Girth
Hence having to resort to yesteryear.

But like I say, I have hopes that 2012 will yield some great movies.

Kazenji
And it will go out with a bang if the 2012 nonsense ends up being true.

Sadako of Girth
I doubt it will.

At least the asteroid part of it, anyhow.

the ninjak
I haven't got much hope for todays cinema.

The Europeans aren't pushing enough extreme.
The Americans are making junk.
The Chinese/HK are rehashing classic films and making them in the same stale vain as the Americans.
The Japanese well they have enough to deal with but they aren't having fun.
Australian Cinema is focusing on fluff. Some good horror/thriller but cmon!
The Indians are same old. Trying to be too American I say.

I don't have high hopes for 2012.

Sure some will sneak through but I will always seek classic cinema for that real hit.

queeq
Well, there will be The Hobbit

the ninjak
Jackson is his own galaxy of influence. He's a kiwi sure but you wouldn't dedicate New Zealand to the guy........maybe.

Sadako of Girth
Prometheus

Die Hard 5

The New Spiderman

Fall of Cybertron

GTA V

The Hobbit, like you say.

Sure...two of these will be games, of course, but dang I look forward to 'em..

queeq
You forgot Red Tails... wink

Kazenji
The Avengers movie is another one i'm looking foward to.

Sadako of Girth
F**k yeah I forgot about that!!! How could I! It is on the list now though.

You forgot Red Tails... wink

No I didnt. shifty

queeq
Why didn't you mention it then?

Sadako of Girth
Out of dread.

queeq
No, you love it, you know you do.

Sadako of Girth
Since saying that I saw the trailer.

I like the big vistas they show and the general look to it.

Some veryyyyy stiff dialogue though, by the looks of it.

During the bit where you see the opposing planes flying towards each other, I kept waiting for a cut shot to one of the plane cockpits for Jar Jar to emerge from the back seat asking "Yousa people gonna die?". Are we THAT scarred?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>