Thor vs Iron fist hand2hand only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

who would win if thor fought iron fist hand 2 hand only

StiltmanFTW
Probably IF...

Starscream M
IF

Battlehammer
wtf..................is this a joke?

The Nuul
facepalm

amnesia
Thor could kill him with a tap to the head.

Originally posted by amnesia

question is could he tap him on the head before iron fist punch his face in with couple of iron fist punches and strikes to leathal and deadly pressure points? probably not... but i guess you dont see things clearly you just think OHHH NOO BOOT THOR IZ STRONGA

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Battlehammer
wtf..................is this a joke?

Danny doesn't need IF technique in order to draw blood from Cage.

He raped freakin' Hellicarrier with 1 punch and there's that train feat.

One-shotted Bulldozer who shrugged off an attack from Classic Thor.

Rand took IF to the head (no, he didn't roll with it) and was fine.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Danny doesn't need IF technique in order to draw blood from Cage.

when was this? please dont mention that god awful thunderbolt issue. and luke been ualmsot killed bt explosions, that hardly equates to being able to even hurt thor.

He raped freakin' Hellicarrier with 1 punch and there's that train feat.

his best feat which is impressive, but does it mean he beats thor? no.

train feat is either pis or it was simply the detination which makes it vastly less impressive and nothing that would help vs thor.

One-shotted Bulldozer who shrugged off an attack from Classic Thor.

you mean in the new avengers? He was along with the wrecking crew getting punk by everyone. Hardly impressive when considering the entire context of the event and compared to how well everyone was doing.

Rand took IF to the head (no, he didn't roll with it) and was fine.
It was not an IF, it was even revealed that the guy himself was not an IF but a fake.

also there are different levels to it power out put and hardly evidence that he could surive a dirrect act from thor.

Wild Shadow
unless thor is unable to defend himself he shouldn't go down to IF and his amp punches...

i can see IF using his amping punches and amping his speed to dance around thor in the beginning of the fight but i dont see thro being ko'ed in the 1st onslaught of combo's....

when he gathers himself wipes the blodd from his lip he will use his god speed and be able to keep up and track IF's movements. once he does that its over for IF.

"twinkling of an eye" and all that shite

StiltmanFTW
when was this? please dont mention that god awful thunderbolt issue. and luke been ualmsot killed bt explosions, that hardly equates to being able to even hurt thor.

Yeah, that happened in Remender's T-Bolts. Do I have to remind you how ridiculously uber Cage was in that issue? If anything, it makes the feat even more impressive.

his best feat which is impressive, but does it mean he beats thor? no.

train feat is either pis or it was simply the detination which makes it vastly less impressive and nothing that would help vs thor.

It does prove that he's more than capable of hurting him though.

Taskmaster drew blood from Thor by the way biscuits With his shield.

you mean in the new avengers? He was along with the wrecking crew getting punk by everyone. Hardly impressive when considering the entire context of the event and compared to how well everyone was doing.

What context? You mean villains didn't want to fight?

It was not an IF, it was even revealed that the guy himself was not an IF but a fake.

also there are different levels to it power out put and hardly evidence that he could surive a dirrect act from thor.

Ah, I see. He emulated that technique quite well though, didn't he?

When did I say something about Rand surviving a direct attack? A tap to the head wouldn't kill him, that was my point. And I could see him dodging most of Thor's blows long enough to score a KO, tbh...

Battlehammer
Yeah, that happened in Remender's T-Bolts. Do I have to remind you how ridiculously uber Cage was in that issue? If anything, it makes the feat even more impressive.

Not really everyone was simply dumb down badly. IF was treated vastly better then everyone else including luke. That does not make it more impressive all it makes it is crap writing which it was, you know it, I know it hell more of marvel staff who read it know it. It was garbage and far from good evidence. reember is a hack.

It does prove that he's more than capable of hurting him though.

Taskmaster drew blood from Thor by the way biscuits With his shield.

causing some pain perhaps, KOing him? not likely. Thor blunt force resistence is absurd.

lol it wa shis moment to shine.

What context? You mean villains didn't want to fight?
context that normal humans were beating on them, spiderman was thrashing them everyone was. There durability was less then impressive in new avengers.

Ah, I see. He emulated that technique quite well though, didn't he?

When did I say something about Rand surviving a direct attack? A tap to the head wouldn't kill him, that was my point. And I could see him dodging most of Thor's blows long enough to score a KO, tbh...
sorta, though I pretty sure that attack was the dead give away that he was not an IF.

oh yea I agree with that. See I don't, I think IF speed and reaction time is really overrated at times. I dont think it really any better then guys like wolverine to tbh.

Konton
Thor one shots him.

StiltmanFTW
Not really everyone was simply dumb down badly. IF was treated vastly better then everyone else including luke. That does not make it more impressive all it makes it is crap writing which it was, you know it, I know it hell more of marvel staff who read it know it. It was garbage and far from good evidence. reember is a hack.

I wouldn't say he was treated vastly better than Cage. Anyway, that's what current IF does - wtf feats. But yeah, that was a horrible issue.

causing some pain perhaps, KOing him? not likely. Thor blunt force resistence is absurd.

lol it wa shis moment to shine.

How many IF punches do you think Thor would take?

Yes, his blunt force dur is crazy. But how would he fare against that chi-amped karate chop?

context that normal humans were beating on them, spiderman was thrashing them everyone was. There durability was less then impressive in new avengers.

True, WC jobs a lot...

sorta, though I pretty sure that attack was the dead give away that he was not an IF.

oh yea I agree with that. See I don't, I think IF speed and reaction time is really overrated at times. I dont think it really any better then guys like wolverine to tbh.

Maybe I do overrate his speed, but it doesn't have to be better than Wolverine's. You saw what Logan did to Thor. He doesn't have Mjolnir here, remember.

dmills
He did take an Iron fist punch to the head. He fought the phony first. Then after pwning him, the real deal former iron Fist sucker punched him.

Battlehammer
I wouldn't say he was treated vastly better than Cage. Anyway, that's what current IF does - wtf feats. But yeah, that was a horrible issue.

so bad, it hurts to think about or read.

How many IF punches do you think Thor would take?
a lot, given his consistent showings from top tiers, IF would be hard pressed to get a KO.

Yes, his blunt force dur is crazy. But how would he fare against that chi-amped karate chop?
The same as a punch. Karate chop would only be effective to certain parts of the body and even then I don't see it being anything that get a KO.

True, WC jobs a lot...
yea, not to say it was not impressive, but it nothing that suggest Thor level KO power given how they were potrayed in the issues.

Maybe I do overrate his speed, but it doesn't have to be better than Wolverine's. You saw what Logan did to Thor. He doesn't have Mjolnir here, remember.
I not saying you, I mean in general.

It true, but wolverine has piercing damage and damage soak going for him. This is kinda one of thoughs powers and abilities make fights. Wolverine is a lot better equipted in my opinion to hang with a guy like thor in melee combat then IF.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by dmills
He did take an Iron fist punch to the head. He fought the phony first. Then after pwning him, the real deal former iron Fist sucker punched him.
issue please, because I don't recall that going down like your saying.

also I want an actaul issue not that volumes crap.

StiltmanFTW
The same as a punch. Karate chop would only be effective to certain parts of the body and even then I don't see it being anything that get a KO.

I was talking about that cutting energy chop.

I not saying you, I mean in general.

It true, but wolverine has piercing damage and damage soak going for him. This is kinda one of thoughs powers and abilities make fights. Wolverine is a lot better equipted in my opinion to hang with a guy like thor in melee combat then IF.

Indeed he is.

Battlehammer
I was talking about that cutting energy chop.

Indeed he is.
oh I see. I doubt it work, i mean it has yet to be used on anyone with real durability, let a lone thor. It little premature I think to uses such a tactic as a viable option.

yup, though not to say he better then IF or even that he beat Thor.

StiltmanFTW
oh I see. I doubt it work, i mean it has yet to be used on anyone with real durability, let a lone thor. It little premature I think to uses such a tactic as a viable option.

Without Mjolnir he wouldn't be able to absorb it, would he? His piercing dur is not that impressive, so maybe it'd work... who knows. Like you said, it's too early to say.

yup, though not to say he better then IF or even that he beat Thor.

He came very close though.

Original Smurph
Thor showed the capacity to grab Wolverine while being attacked. If he grabbed Danny and did anything besides set him down gently, he could/would kill him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Thor showed the capacity to grab Wolverine while being attacked. If he grabbed Danny and did anything besides set him down gently, he could/would kill him.

CIS/CIP would prevent him from doing that.

dmills
@Battlehammer,
Looking at your responses in previous Iron fist threads I doubt that you even read Iron Fist. You probably read wiki's and respect threads. At any rate the issue was number 25.

jalek moye

No that was a real Iron Fist that hit in the head. It was the first one, and the ruler of the 8th city.

Original Smurph
CIS/CIP would prevent him from doing that. Based on what? He won't throw Iron Fist to rid himself of him, since he's fighting Iron Fist, and he won't throw Iron Fist to combo with a Mjolnir throw/blast since he doesn't have Mjolnir. In the past when Thor has grabbed people, he's swung them around, battered them, etc... it's only against big names like Wolverine that he hasn't, and that is due to PIS, not CIS.

StiltmanFTW
Based on the fact that Thor doesn't kill fellow heroes?

Original Smurph
Meh. KO, kill, all the same around here. Thor wins.

Battlehammer
@Battlehammer,
Looking at your responses in previous Iron fist threads I doubt that you even read Iron Fist. You probably read wiki's and respect threads. At any rate the issue was number 25.
Dont worry I will re read that issue and if it not how you say it is I will call you out on it.

you would be most mistaken. My favorite IF issues have been about the living weapons, fat cobra one was simply rediculous.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jalek moye
No that was a real Iron Fist that hit in the head. It was the first one, and the ruler of the 8th city.
he even stated it was a fake......I am like 85% sure........

jalek moye
he even stated it was a fake......I am like 85% sure........

No not the old guy; the guy who controlled the city, who imprisonsed them their and wanted to invade Kun'lun.

dmills
I have encyclopedic knowledge about Iron Fist. I am never wrong. It isn't possible. wink

dmills
Originally posted by jalek moye
No not the old guy; the guy who controlled the city, who imprisonsed him Something tells me he hasn't read it before.

Battlehammer
Something tells me he hasn't read it before.
you be very mistaken then. fat cobra ends up breaking the shackles. dude is the man though he is kinda an ******* when you read his oneshot.

but dont worry I am going to re read the issue to verify it. I have not read it, in some time no since it came out.

dmills
I'm just messing with you BH. stick out tongue

amnesia
Originally posted by avatarest
question is could he tap him on the head before iron fist punch his face in with couple of iron fist punches and strikes to leathal and deadly pressure points? probably not... but i guess you dont see things clearly you just think OHHH NOO BOOT THOR IZ STRONGA

Well, he do have incredible durability. And he can move as fast as the lighting he commands. So i doubt IF could even touch him...

dmills
How many bricks could one shot a damn helicarrier? We know Rulk did it, WWH threatend to do it. Anyone else? Plus we know Danny not only amps his hands, but his feet as well. Interesting match up.

Wild Shadow
facepalm2

dmills
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
facepalm2 Problem?

OneDumbG0
How many bricks could one shot a damn helicarrier? We know Rulk did it, WWH threatend to do it. Anyone else? Plus we know Danny not only amps his hands, but his feet as well. Interesting match up. He crumbled the deck, some? I think Rogue could do that, no? And well... we know what Rogue's punch did to Thor:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability36401Blunt.jpg

amnesia
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He crumbled the deck, some? I think Rogue could do that, no? And well... we know what Rogue's punch did to Thor:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability36401Blunt.jpg

From what comic is this?

OneDumbG0
From what comic is this? Avengers #401.

amnesia
Avengers #401.

is it x-men vs avengers or something? stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
^ Avengers confronted Rogue, Magneto and Gambit during the Onslaught storyline.

amnesia
^ Avengers confronted Rogue, Magneto and Gambit during the Onslaught storyline.

What's the name of the onslaught story arc?

OneDumbG0
^ Onslaught.

amnesia
^ Onslaught.

Thaaaanks thumb up

Original Smurph
laughing out loud

Mindset
He crumbled the deck, some? I think Rogue could do that, no? And well... we know what Rogue's punch did to Thor:

I'd say IF punches harder than Rogue.

OneDumbG0
^ Arguably. Harder than Hercules, Hulk or Mangog? I'm nto ready to put him at that level.

Mindset
All of those people can hurt Thor, though.

OneDumbG0
^ Ok. Clarification, "As hard as Hercules, Hulk or Mangog?" I'm not ready to put Danny at that level.

dmills
Oh come on man. It was portrayed as much more then "crumpling the deck", that much is clear. You don't have to think I.F. wins but don't start pissing on his feats to prove your point.

Mindset
^ Ok. Clarification, "As hard as Hercules, Hulk or Mangog?" I'm not ready to put Danny at that level. Well, 99% of what they can do can hurt Thor. whistle

Wild Shadow
ironfist punching is not a class hundred no matter how hard some ppl here wish it were..

and breaking down a helcarrier is not a 100 tonner feat either.. although it would look good for most brick if they ground and pounded objects like that more often the fact that they dont doesn't mean they cant or someone else doing it automatically places them in the same strength bracket..

ppl are getting out of hand with this guesstimating crap of, of artist strength representation on objects that have no given mass or weight by narration...

i just want to say that thunderstrike would have brought down a helcarrier with a simple mace strike to the ground he has done worse then that ad some ppl here dont even put him at class 100 strength.

Mindset
ironfist punching is not a class hundred Except that it is.

Naija boy
Wow. some people are actually saying that Iron fist can beat Thor h2h? facepalm

Mindset
No, but he'd beat Surfer like a red headed step child. awegimp

Wild Shadow
the thing, she hulk and some others have created tremors and ground swells openings b4 they were ever class hundred....

i believe even rogue has done a ground punch which resulted in a tremor and ground opening..

Mindset
Cool.

Wild Shadow
and you see where i am going with this? certain splash art dont make it a 100 class feat.

Mindset
Ok, IF can give class 100 punches though.

Wild Shadow
i only recall him rocking a drunk alcohol soak brain addled hercules.. i never considered what he did to him as being impressive...

when did he fight SS?

Mindset
Never.

OneDumbG0
Oh come on man. It was portrayed as much more then "crumpling the deck", that much is clear. You don't have to think I.F. wins but don't start pissing on his feats to prove your point. Ok. Maybe Rogue can't make the deck crumple and make an entire Helicarrier lurch midflight. But that's not a feat that puts him beyond what Thor has taken in H2H combat. Indeed, it's pretty pedestrian compared to the level of strength he's contended with.

Wild Shadow
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4226/130499-10365-rogue.jpg

amnesia
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4226/130499-10365-rogue.jpg

badass

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Naija boy
Wow. some people are actually saying that Iron fist can beat Thor h2h? facepalm

yeah it's pretty sad. next thing we see is Iron Fist beating Hulk. in fact, I think IF beats Orion h2h as well. add to that I think IF beats Doomsday h2h.

Wild Shadow
clearly rogue is a 100+ tonner b/c of her train feat.

dmills
Mindset I see what this is all about. LOL@ butt hurt Wolverine fans! It drives them crazy because they know that no one would give Logan a chance in hell in the same scenario.

dmills
Wow. some people are actually saying that Iron fist can beat Thor h2hNot only would he beat him, he'd KILL EM'.

Naija boy
Not only would he beat him, he'd KILL EM'.

u cant be seriouu....

iron fist wins too skilled for thor plus knows deadly spots and pressure points in the human bodyandwith his chi amped strikes he can activate those techniques on thor ... lets put it this way if captain america humiliated thor with his fighting skills but didnt really hurt him so iron fist who is more skilled then captain america and hits by far harder then him will actually knock out thor at the very least via pressure points and leathal spots deadly techniques

dmills
u cant be seriouu.... Not only am I serious, I'm DEAD SERIOUS

Naija boy
Not only am I serious, I'm DEAD SERIOUS

Besides Iron fist fanaticism what are u basing this (nonsense) on?

Omega Vision
Thor. Seriously. He's not Iron Fist's equal in skill or speed but he's skilled enough and strong and durable enough that it doesn't really matter.
Besides Iron fist fanaticism what are u basing this (nonsense) on?
I'd guess the Helicarrier punching feat. Which really doesn't prove you can kill Thor.

Naija boy
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
yeah it's pretty sad. next thing we see is Iron Fist beating Hulk. in fact, I think IF beats Orion h2h as well. add to that I think IF beats Doomsday h2h.

Yeah this is just inane. I mean i know the whole wolverine vs class 100 guys is entertained because of wolvies claws and HF but putting IF against one of them has absolutely no justification.

Omega Vision
Yeah this is just inane. I mean i know the whole wolverine vs class 100 guys is entertained because of wolvies claws and HF but putting IF against one of them has absolutely no justification.
ABC logic at its finest. "This guy can hang with Logan, Logan can hang with Hulk, therefore this guy can hang with Hulk or beat him." big grin

Wild Shadow
he hit a train and a helcarrier.angel_not

also he is also very durable just like wolverine his skeleton is also adamantium.. smile

Naija boy
Originally posted by Omega Vision
ABC logic at its finest. "This guy can hang with Logan, Logan can hang with Hulk, therefore this guy can hang with Hulk or beat him." big grin

lol, the scary thing is that they think that this type of reasoning makes perfect sense.

Omega Vision
lol, the scary thing is that they think that this type of reasoning makes perfect sense.
Batman beat an Abstract being (FC Darkseid), therefore Batman is an abstract. dur

Naija boy
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman beat an Abstract being (FC Darkseid), therefore Batman is an abstract. dur

Correction, therefore batman is above abstract and equalled only by the Presence

dmills
I was just messing with Naijaa. But I'll get serious for a minute here. First of all, you guy's just confirmed what I had suspected all along, A few of you are butt hurt Wolverine fans. No one would give Logan a chance in hell under the same stipulation as the one posted by the OP. So it must be killing you to see that more then a few people fhink Danny has a good chance of beating Thor in pure h2h.

I'll address a couple of misconceptions about Danny's power, skills and more importantly, his damage soak ability.

-As far a damage soak is concerned, Iron Fist is really underrated here. I'm not saying it's up there with your boy Logan at all, but it's pretty damn good. Some recent examples included him being tortured and forced to fight for day's, possibly weeks while trapped in the 8th city. Keep in mind that when the Immortal weapons crossed the portal into the 8th city that their chi would be severly weakend upon arrival. While there Danny fought all kinds of crazy monsters, was tortured, and took an I.F. punch to his head. Then upon escaping, he was shot thru the hand with a high caliber rifle by Davos, and was still able to take Davos while his hand healed. Then upon arriving back to New York, he took on a whole platoon of Hydra agents while still weak, and pwned them easily. The train busting feat also showed his durabilty while using his high end chi amped techniques.

In the past he has taken a full on repulsor blast from Iron Man and still fought him to a stand still, beat Radion while being fully exposed to his radiation, which would have killed a normal man instantly. He's also tanked magical blasts, howitzer force concussive blasts and all kinds of poisons as well. Not to mention that a trait of all Iron Fists is that the training they go through to become Iron Fist's makes their bodies automatically adjust and adapt to any combat enviornment with minimal exposer.

Again I'M NOT SAYING IT'S AS GOOD AS WOLVERINE'S, but that it's an underrated aspect of the character.

-Concerning his power level.
This remains to be seen, but so far he's been able to do whatever he's needed to do to get the jobs done. We do know that it was stated on panel that;

-He has mastered the techniques of the iron fist (Immortal weapons #5)

-That his chi apparently has infinite applications (I believe Immortal Iron Fist #7 I'll check when I get home)

- The chi of Shou lao is described as an ocean

-He has displayed much higher levels of power and abilities then before, i.e. train feat, helicarrier feat, amp to speed blitz technique and cutting fist technique, ability to hit hard enough to bust open someone with Luke Cage durability as well as punching through a human body without chi amping.

He has utilized nerve pinches and strikes in the past, and Mantis proved that Thor is suseptable to them. He is one of he mos agile and elusive fighters in Marvel so I can't imagine Thor Tagging him before Danny can land dibilitating blows.

dmills
laughing out loud Crybabies.

StiltmanFTW
Good post.

amnesia
iron fist wins too skilled for thor plus knows deadly spots and pressure points in the human bodyandwith his chi amped strikes he can activate those techniques on thor ... lets put it this way if captain america humiliated thor with his fighting skills but didnt really hurt him so iron fist who is more skilled then captain america and hits by far harder then him will actually knock out thor at the very least via pressure points and leathal spots deadly techniques

Thor got a doomsday bomb in his face and was blasted by TOAA (celestial)

supremthor
unless thor is unable to defend himself he shouldn't go down to IF and his amp punches...

i can see IF using his amping punches and amping his speed to dance around thor in the beginning of the fight but i dont see thro being ko'ed in the 1st onslaught of combo's....

when he gathers himself wipes the blodd from his lip he will use his god speed and be able to keep up and track IF's movements. once he does that its over for IF.

"twinkling of an eye" and all that shite

dmills
^^^I actually kind of agree with Wildshadow's post. That seem's to be the most realistic hypothetical portrayal of how a potential h2h fight would play out between them. Good analysis.

Wild Shadow
also a certain poster needs to stop subversively instigating certain posters just to get a rise out of them....

anyways thor once plucked DD out of the air when DD tried to blitz thor.. he picked him up and asked him if he truly thought he could fight a god..

DD isnt a slouch in the speed agility department either and thor wasnt really interested in hurting DD so he wasnt on guard or in a fighting mode when he did that to DD.

amnesia
also a certain poster needs to stop subversively instigating certain posters just to get a rise out of them....

anyways thor once plucked DD out of the air when DD tried to blitz thor.. he picked him up and asked him if he truly thought he could fight a god..

DD isnt a slouch in the speed agility department either and thor wasnt really interested in hurting DD so he wasnt on guard or in a fighting mode when he did that to DD.

Thor's superhumanly strong legs allow him to run and move at superhuman speeds far greater than the finest human athlete. He is so fast, he is capable of moving at speeds faster than the human eyes can see, and he was able to create trenches before his teammates, including superhumanly fast beings such as Quicksilver, could react. He was stated by Hela herself to move at speeds beyond comprehension and he has moved as fast as the space winds and the lighting he commands.

(Marvel wiki)

Wild Shadow
i wish some one would post the thor DD fight.. made DD look like a slow poke child playing out of his league.

jrodslam
i wish some one would post the thor DD fight.. made DD look like a slow poke child playing out of his league.

Thats false. Thor was unable to land a hand on DD. DD saying something like "you cant hit what you cant catch....". Thor even commented on Matt's speed/reflexes. Thor gained the upper hand by grabbing DD's cable and swinging DD. If you look at the fight, DD never once tried to attack Thor.

StiltmanFTW
His first blow would've vaporize Matt if he didn't dodge it with a smile on his face.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jrodslam
Thats false. Thor was unable to land a hand on DD. DD saying something like "you cant hit what you cant catch....". Thor even commented on Matt's speed/reflexes. Thor gained the upper hand by grabbing DD's cable and swinging DD. If you look at the fight, DD never once tried to attack Thor.

Exactly.

amnesia
His first blow would've vaporize Matt if he didn't dodge it with a smile on his face.

First of all, why would Thor try to kill DD?

And it doesn't make sense seeing how he moves beyond human comprehension.

Mindset
Mindset I see what this is all about. LOL@ butt hurt Wolverine fans! It drives them crazy because they know that no one would give Logan a chance in hell in the same scenario. Pretty much.

Stiltman is above that though, that's why he's my frond. embarrasment

dmills
@ wildshadow,
I'm not provoking anyone. It's not my fault if certain people have poor hyperbole reflexes.

StiltmanFTW
First of all, why would Thor try to kill DD?

And it doesn't make sense seeing how he moves beyond human comprehension.

Matt was masquerading as him. Thor was pissed. Of course he didn't go all out and contained himself eventually, but the punch that missed Murdock destroyed a tree behind him IIRC...

Short burst of super speed that he rarely uses stick out tongue His combat speed leaves much to be desired.

Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty much.

Stiltman is above that though, that's why he's my frond. embarrasment

lol

amnesia
Matt was masquerading as him. Thor was pissed. Of course he didn't go all out and contained himself eventually, but the punch that missed Murdock destroyed a tree behind him IIRC...

Shorst burst of super speed that he rarely uses stick out tongue His combat speed leaves much to be desired.

Granted, Thor is not the brightest guy on earth and he would not use super speed in a fight. Still a class 100 punch won't damage him much really.

(don't really know how to post scans)

StiltmanFTW
Granted, Thor is not the brightest guy on earth and he would not use super speed in a fight. Still a class 100 punch won't damage him much really.

(don't really know how to post scans)

He could deliver plenty of IFs to his face.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1053/ironfist11.th.jpg
props to jalek

Wild Shadow
if thor doesnt interrupt him and back hands him... he isnt a giant that is going to stand by as his heel is being wailed on...

StiltmanFTW
if thor doesnt interrupt him and back hands him... he isnt a giant that is going to stand by as his heel is being wailed on...

Just wanted to show that he can punch really fast. Of course in the fight with Thor he'd have to focus on dodging, too.

By the way, Thor did the standing and doing nothing part really well when Osborn, U-Foes and Tasky were beating the crap out of him stick out tongue

amnesia
Just wanted to show that he can punch really fast. Of course in the fight with Thor he'd have to focus on dodging, too.

By the way, Thor did the standing and doing nothing part really well when Osborn, U-Foes and Tasky were beating the crap out of him stick out tongue

Are we talking current Thor? -.^ He would get whipped by spiderman. I hate the new run.

StiltmanFTW
Are we talking current Thor? -.^ He would get whipped by spiderman. I hate the new run.

We use current versions unless stated otherwise by the thread starter.

Don't mention the bugboy in my presence, please. He'd explode right after Thor just looked on him.

amnesia
We use current versions unless stated otherwise by the thread starter.

Don't mention the bugboy in my presence, please. He'd explode right after Thor just looked on him.

I'm changing position. He got knocked out by a bunch of class 40's that's not godly at all.

dmills
Current Thor has been written as less then stellar but he has a chance to redeem himself in seige #4. Apparently the current big wigs at Marvel aren't big fans of Norse/Asgardian mythology.

amnesia
Current Thor has been written as less then stellar but he has a chance to redeem himself in seige #4. Apparently the current big wigs at Marvel aren't big fans of Norse/Asgardian mythology.

Bah, i say put him to rest. He is a B lister at the most.

Wild Shadow
what marvel has done to thor lately it is plausible for IF to kick his butt but, that is ignoring his consistent feats ans simply going by the modern representation of thor

Thor got a doomsday bomb in his face and was blasted by TOAA (celestial)

ye he also got cut by wolverine , chocked out by hercules, knocked out by kurse,taken out by the u foes , beaten to bloody pulp by hulk... should i continue?

what marvel has done to thor lately it is plausible for IF to kick his butt but, that is ignoring his consistent feats ans simply going by the modern representation of thor

so you are saying ignore modern thor thats been running for couple of years now just because it doesnt feet the way you want him to be? nah

Wild Shadow
so you are saying ignore modern thor thats been running for couple of years now just because it doesnt feel the way you want him to be? nah i didnt remotely come close to saying that.. i could care less about thor i am saying take characters at their bulk of their work not small inconsistencies unless they are constant and surpass his prior character history.

i didnt remotely come close to saying that.. i could care less about thor i am saying take characters at their bulk of their work not small inconsistencies unless the are constant and surpass his prior character history.

so we should take just the highest showings of the character? even with the fact that actually most of his fights thor was punked by so many characters that if we judge him by the majority he is at best a hercules level with some lightning tricks and a hammer that does all the work for him , without mjolnir and his lightning like in this scenario he is not much of a challenge to characters like hulk and hercules and i think iron fist will handle him well in a fist fight

amnesia

Wild Shadow
facepalm2

facepalm2

wild shadow i already told you i dont want to play pikabu with you go play with quanchi

amnesia
you are trying to put thor in some uber level so i stated that wolverine made him bleed like a virgin it has nothing to do with hulk and if you want to bring hulk into this then his skin isnt that durable at all his body is kinda soft even beast was able to make him bleed with a kick to the face and that was WWH , hercules and juggernaut made him gush blood out of his mouth the thing made his face bleed like hell... hulk is not that durable he just has a healing factor

hercules is > thor in strength as he owned him in every physical fight they had

so hulk beating thor from sunday to monday is PIS? based on what? your wanking? if 90% of the fights thor is bested or getting his ass beat up by hulk then its not a PIS its reality

dont even let me start about spider-man and namor beating up thor wink

Hercules and Thor is equal in strength, it's been stated in their first encounter (and it was written by Stan Lee)

Hercules skill >> Thor's skill

and hulks durability increases with his rage, so i should probably say

Wolverines claws >>> hulk when pissed. (Oh and adamantium trumps everything except cap's shield)

StiltmanFTW
And other adamantium stick out tongue

Endless Mike
I thought the Black Knight's Ebony Blade was stronger than adamantium

StiltmanFTW
What made you think so?

amnesia
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I thought the Black Knight's Ebony Blade was stronger than adamantium

Only seen black knight in secret invasion, so i don't know.

Endless Mike
What made you think so?

I've heard people say so. They say it's as strong as Cap's shield.

StiltmanFTW
I've heard Logan parried BK's swing in their brief fight stick out tongue

Endless Mike
That doesn't mean it's not stronger. It's completely possible to parry a steel sword with an iron sword.

Wild Shadow
i have heard that ebony blade is unable to slice through adamantium and other dense metals...which would make me believe vibe or carbonadium would prove just as difficult to cut.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That doesn't mean it's not stronger. It's completely possible to parry a steel sword with an iron sword.

True, true... the fact that Logan didn't damage it doesn't mean adamantium's not stronger either http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon4.gif

dmills
So the hierarchy is Vibranium (wak and arctic) Adamantium, 2nd adamantium, carb, then what?

Omega Vision
So the hieraechy is Vibranium, Adamantium, 2nd adamantium, carb, then what?
My abs. sneer

dmills
erm

laughing out loud

Omega Vision
erm
You're right. My abs are tougher than secondary adamantium. biscuits

Wild Shadow
sigh...

vibranium isnt stronger then adamantium and it has bn broken more then once in comics once it was done by reed richards....

the BP vibranium suit more then once...

StiltmanFTW
So the hierarchy is Vibranium (wak and arctic) Adamantium, 2nd adamantium, carb, then what?

Wut? Cap's shield is not made of just vibranium. Wakandan vibranium can't be compared with adamantium and I don't know if anti-metal has any special durability. And I'd say carbonadium > 2nd adamantium.

There are also adamantine, uru, omnium...

Omega Vision
sigh...

vibranium isnt stronger then adamantium and it has bn broken more then once in comics once it was done by reed richards....

the BP vibranium suit more then once...
Yeah it has to be remembered that there's more to Cap's shield than just Vibranium. The difference between Cap's shield and normal Vibranium is like the difference between a shield made of iron and one of tempered steel. Both contain iron as their primary ingredient, so to speak, but the steel shield is more powerful.

StiltmanFTW
To be fair, Wolverine was once restrained with vibranium shackles. But it should be noted that vibranium is stab-resistant and he couldn't break free on strength alone of course.

amnesia
To be fair, Wolverine was once restrained with vibranium shackles. But it should be noted that vibranium is stab-resistant and he couldn't break free on strength alone of course.

Then again wolverine isn't super strong.

dmills
@stiltman,

I'm just talking about earth metals. Even though vib isn't of earthly origin it's still primarily earth based.

StiltmanFTW
Then again wolverine isn't super strong.

He does have a low degree of superhuman strength, about Class 2. But it's nothing, he would need at least teenage Colossus' strength to break them.

dmills
Adamantium was created trying to recreat the process that made cap's shield right?

StiltmanFTW
@stiltman,

I'm just talking about earth metals. Even though vib isn't of earthly origin it's still primarily earth based.

Ah, OK. Omnium is of earthly origin though.

StiltmanFTW
Adamantium was created trying to recreat the process that made cap's shield right?

Aye. That is why in some handbooks it says the shield is made of proto-adamantium.

FOOM
What the hell does all this have to do with IF vs. Thor?

Talk about off track

dmills
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.