Arcade Sticks for the PC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blinky
Alrighty, I play A lot of emulated games through both MAME and WinKawaks. Until recently I've been playing with either a keyboard or through my usb-to-PS2 converter, using PS2 games pads.

Recently I bought this:

http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc042/image/1-2.jpg

It's a mayflash PS3/PS2/PC USB stick. It costed me $45 (including S&H).

I actually like the stick a lot, being a just casual gamer. Although, there is something that kinda sucks about it, the joystick is kinda loose. I know, "you get what you pay for". The stick is ok, but it really does not have the "arcade feel" -- if you get what I mean.

So, I look online for something a step up in quality, I can't really find anything except for something like this:

http://www.lintcoat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/l_hrap3sastick.jpg

Which cost like $150-$180 and must be imported from Japan. This stick is WAY better than what I got now and cost about 3 times as much.

So in a nutshell, I need help finding an arcade stick with the following qualities:

1)Price Range ; $50-$100 USD total.
2) Easy to order within the USA
3) Has a quailty stick and buttons (does not have to be top notch, but not loose ).
4) MUST be windows PC compatible (USB)
5) A step up or more from what I have now

Anybody with good knowledge of arcades sticks ; I'd appreciate your help!

No End N Site
I know a good one that's 120$ or prolly less, (due to the promotional code that going on that has it for 30% off. You would have to put that code in yourself to see.) but you have to buy it before the 5th of April. I just bought a fight stick for the 360 last night and I think it works for the PC as well.

Just let me know.

Blinky
Do you have a link to the stick? I wanna check it out.

Thanks.

No End N Site
http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r=522-Madcatz-Promo-Codes-Live-This-Weekend-for-West-Coast-Warzone-2.

I hear the 360 versions work spot on with the PC (better than the PS3 sticks)and they work good with all sorts of other games from other genres. Once you put the code in, they could be 'much' cheaper. I just bought one of the ones at the top last night for 130$ after the code. But the bottom ones are even cheaper. Just don't get any of the white fight sticks on the bottom half. They're cheap in a bad way.

OR

You could go on amazon, they might be even cheaper round there.

Blinky
Damn I think I missed the offer, still looking for quality sticks.

Blinky
So, I ended up buying the 'Hori Fighting Stick 3' for $26 (including S&H). The stick usually sells for about 50 bucks (S&H NOT included). So, I got a steal.

http://www.gamewad.com/ul/1416-550x-hori%20fighting%20stick%203.jpg

This stick is better quality that the Mayflash stick I bought (see OP). The buttons feel liek they are better quality and are more responsive. The stick itself is much more tighter. The stick is made by Hori (known for quality sticks) for the P3. I couldn't make it work Plug n' Play on my PC, but I found a homebrew driver online (It works perfectly). The stick is just a notch below arcade quality, but it's well worth $26.

I highly recommend this stick for any casual gamer , like myself. If anybody should happen to buy this and you need help finding and installing drivers -- I'd be happy to help.

ArtificialGlory
Shit, I just use my keyboard.

Blinky
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Shit, I just use my keyboard.

I used to use my keyboard alot, but it lacked the 'arcade feel'. Depending on the game, I will use:

1)Keyboard (very rare)
2) Ps2 controller (with USB adapter)
3) Arcade stick

Some games are just more fun to play with an arcade stick to me, a prime example is the Metal Slug series. I grew up playing these in the arcades and it's almost blasphemy (IMO) to play them with a keyboard.

§P0oONY
I've never understood why some people prefer arcade sticks to control pads. The 360 controller is the best for emulation IMO (unless it's PSX/2 games you're emulating then obviously a sony control pad's the best.)

Blinky

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Blinky
You'd have to be a child of the long-dead 'Arcade age' to understand.

****in' ay.

Nice one, Blinky, want one of those like yesterday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.