Molten Metal (problem)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
okay i was recently screwing around at a scrap yard that my grand father owns. i was melting down items with a torch, and some of the molten liquid fell into my palm, and burned like a 4th of an inch into it an then hardend.
its not that bad because im not bleading, the hardend metal covered the damage it did and became that shape.

now how do i remove this tiny metal chunk from my arm, it was liquid so i think it attached to skin/muscle tissue.
how do i remove it without having to melt it in order for it to drip out?
or should i just leave it?

Blinky
Hahahaha Ouch! Usually, I stay away from hospitals, but I'd seriously consider seeeing a doctor about that...

BTW: Can you please post a picture of the wound? I bet it's gross.

Edit: What if you pull it out yourself, it gets infected and you get gangrene. You could loose an arm.

Symmetric Chaos
Have you considered asking an actual medical doctor rather than a group of people who know almost nothing about medicine?

The Nuul
Just leave it.

Bardock42
Don't be stupid!

Do it to the rest of your body so your name finally actually applies to you.

Blinky
(Insert bullshit here)

Wild Shadow
ha ha ha... this is hilarious.. how about you go to the doctor to remove it..

i personally would have dunked it in waters and it should have crumbled and fallen off depending on the damage i would go to the hospital for oitment and antibiotics..

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Don't be stupid!

Do it to the rest of your body so your name finally actually applies to you.

That . . . would be awesome.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
okay i was recently screwing around at a scrap yard that my grand father owns. i was melting down items with a torch, and some of the molten liquid fell into my palm, and burned like a 4th of an inch into it an then hardend.
its not that bad because im not bleading, the hardend metal covered the damage it did and became that shape.

now how do i remove this tiny metal chunk from my arm, it was liquid so i think it attached to skin/muscle tissue.
or should i just leave it? Hospital.

you get thorns
smart

Rogue Jedi
I've used a torch several times. One thing I never did was get my hand UNDER the metal I was burning.

Mindship

or should i just leave it? Interesting wound, considering your avatar/name.

See a doctor.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh

Wild Shadow
if it starts smelling sweet like walnuts almonds it means you got gangrene...you should see a doctor b4 it even becomes a possibility..

a week of lotion and and antibiotics is better then doing nothing and getting chunk of ur hand if the worse comes to pass.

The Nuul
Well, I had adamantium stuck to my bones once, I didnt have a healing factor so I had it removed.

Wild Shadow
i had hot tar spilled on my hand, my skin peeled off like a glove had this special vitamin lotion and glove i wore for a while so it wouldnt hurt when working and picking up stuff..

i even picked up hot metal i had an elmira moment it took me like 3 seconds to realize it was hot as hell and my 1st reaction was to squeeze not let go. stupid me. embarrasment

the grabbing hot metal didnt go to the doctor i had a giant blister the filled half my hand i kept popping it and draining it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by The Nuul
Well, I had adamantium stuck to my bones once, I didnt have a healing factor so I had it removed. One time I was making out with a hot chick and my bone turned into adamantium.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Have you considered asking an actual medical doctor rather than a group of people who know almost nothing about medicine? I lol'd.

Well, if it starts to bond with your body's molecules, spread along your arm and some other bullshit, good luck- you're turning into this guy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Steel#Nathan_Heywood

If it starts to smell like weird nuts, you could lose an arm.

Do the risk/benefit ratio thing, then go see somebody who will give you more helpful advice than a link to a comicbook character.

thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Have you considered asking an actual medical doctor rather than a group of people who know almost nothing about medicine? I'm a Doctor.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm a Doctor.

Of what?

Mindset
That's not important. sneer

inimalist
you need to cut, removing any of the flesh it might have bonded to.

there are many useful how-to articles on many medical forums, it is a simple procedure that many professionals recommend you try to attempt at home first before visiting them in the hospital.

There will be blood.

Wild Shadow
1st get liquid nitrogen dunk ur hand in for just a quick second in and out then throw water on the metal.. it should shatter and fall off.. dont worry the liquid nitrogen wont hurt ur hand unless you stick in their light a cigarette and smoke it. a one second dunk wont do squat to ur hand. trust me.. shifty

Kinneary
As a navy corpsman, I'll give you the best medical advice I can.

Go to a ****ing doctor.

Wild Shadow
for a corpse men you should have followed your own advice an your be alive rather then a zombie navy cat.

Colossus-Big C
i took one of those things people use to yank hair out of there ears and nose(forgot what its called) and yanked it out, it came out with some tissue attached to it, i wrapped my hand in a towel bathed in peroxide, its my palm so its not that bad it stopped the blood. ill be fine

Wild Shadow
tweezers.... no expression

let me know when it starts to rot and post a pic.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
tweezers.... no expression

let me know when it starts to rot and post a pic. my mom can do stitches. she stitched it up

Wild Shadow
pics... we need pics..

Colossus-Big C
pics... we need pics.. im not going too.
i already saw what happens if i post pics heresneer
(this is not at you directly)

Wild Shadow
of just your hand

Darth Jello
Wow... Ever heard of heavy metal poisoning? Just remember, people used to treat the clap by squirting mercury in their peeholes. Now if we were to apply that to this situation...

meep-meep

or should i just leave it?

I shouldn't have to say this: Go to a hospital. But honestly I don't believe you anyway. Meh.

Colossus-Big C
im alright its already stiched up.
theres no sign of poisining.

jaden101
If it's inert then you could just wait for your body to reject it and push it out or wait for the natural skin loss to work it's way out...If it's a heavy metal then get it removed immediately otherwise you could have serious problems.

The Nuul
Originally posted by meep-meep
But honestly I don't believe you anyway. Meh.

Most of us from the comic forum dont either.

Bicnarok
Get bitten by a radioactive worm, then you can cut that segment off and a new one will grow.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by jaden101
If it's inert then you could just wait for your body to reject it and push it out or wait for the natural skin loss to work it's way out...If it's a heavy metal then get it removed immediately otherwise you could have serious problems. no it wasnt heavy metal its, a low melting point metal they use to weld small pipes together it comes in a string

Shakyamunison
no it wasnt heavy metal its, a low melting point metal they use to weld small pipes together it comes in a string

Low melting point? How much lead was in the metal?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Low melting point? How much lead was in the metal?

If it was soldering wire, it is around 60% tin and 40% lead....

I think?

But those ratios probably vary.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by dadudemon
If it was soldering wire, it is around 60% tin and 40% lead....

I think?

But those ratios probably vary.

40% Hmmmmmm How long will it take before Colossus-Big C starts seeing hallucination?

dadudemon
40% Hmmmmmm How long will it take before Colossus-Big C starts seeing hallucination?

Depends on how much Hallucination likes him. She may not even go out with him.

Shakyamunison
Depends on how much Hallucination likes him. She may not even go out with him.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

General Symptoms of Lead Poisoning In Children and Adults:

- Stomach aches, cramping, constipation, or diarrhea
- Nausea, vomiting
- Persistent, unexplained fatigue
- Headache
- Muscle weakness
- Higher rates of tooth decay

Behavioral Symptoms of Lead Poisoning In Adults

- Irritability
- Unexplained changes in mood or personality
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Inability to concentrate
- Memory loss

http://www.dmsachelation.com/leadpoisoning/?gclid=CO6np8ud8KACFRZEbAodyyRWXA

I guess hallucinations are not a symptom of lead poising (damn discovery channel).

dadudemon
I have no idea what you are talking about.

General Symptoms of Lead Poisoning In Children and Adults:

- Stomach aches, cramping, constipation, or diarrhea
- Nausea, vomiting
- Persistent, unexplained fatigue
- Headache
- Muscle weakness
- Higher rates of tooth decay

Behavioral Symptoms of Lead Poisoning In Adults

- Irritability
- Unexplained changes in mood or personality
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Inability to concentrate
- Memory loss

http://www.dmsachelation.com/leadpoisoning/?gclid=CO6np8ud8KACFRZEbAodyyRWXA

I guess hallucinations are not a symptom of lead poising (damn discovery channel).

Here, I'll help by changing one word in your previous post:

40% Hmmmmmm How long will it take before Colossus-Big C starts seeing Beverly?

Does it make sense, now?

Shakyamunison
Here, I'll help by changing one word in your previous post:

Does it make sense, now?

No. Who is Beverly? BTW You do not have to answer this question.

dadudemon
No. Who is Beverly? BTW You do not have to answer this question.

The thing is...the way you worded your original sentence was strange. So I made it seem weird for funzies.

I pretended that the word "hallucination" was a proper noun.

I then pretended that you were using the saying for, "Yeah, I'm seeing Billy at the moment. The relationship is good."

The end?

This type of annoying word play works much better when someone says, "I'm doing fine."

Then you say, "Really? I hope she's hot."

Autokrat
Equivocation!?

Shakyamunison
The thing is...the way you worded your original sentence was strange. So I made it seem weird for funzies.

I pretended that the word "hallucination" was a proper noun.

I then pretended that you were using the saying for, "Yeah, I'm seeing Billy at the moment. The relationship is good."

The end?

This type of annoying word play works much better when someone says, "I'm doing fine."

Then you say, "Really? I hope she's hot."

sick I'm not doing well today. On any other day, I would be doing that to you. wink

dadudemon
Originally posted by Autokrat
Equivocation!?

It is a pun of equivocation.

jas;dlkf jad;lfj;las jasl;dkfj as;lfkj asd;lfkj

spasm.

Mindship
Depends on how much Hallucination likes him. She may not even go out with him. It's spreading...

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1176869-hand.jpg

Colossus-Big C
1st get liquid nitrogen dunk ur hand in for just a quick second in and out then throw water on the metal.. it should shatter and fall off.. dont worry the liquid nitrogen wont hurt ur hand unless you stick in their light a cigarette and smoke it. a one second dunk wont do squat to ur hand. trust me.. shifty isnt that highly explosive?

Symmetric Chaos
isnt that highly explosive?

Nitrogen is pretty much inert.

Shakyamunison
1st get liquid nitrogen dunk ur hand in for just a quick second in and out then throw water on the metal.. it should shatter and fall off.. dont worry the liquid nitrogen wont hurt ur hand unless you stick in their light a cigarette and smoke it. a one second dunk wont do squat to ur hand. trust me.. shifty

eek! When you hit the metal, your hand will shatter.

Colossus-Big C
eek! When you hit the metal, your hand will shatter. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.