Oblivion vs. Galactus vs. One above all(celestial) vs. Eternity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Who wins?

Colossus-Big C
everyone gets put down, then its a stalemate between Oblivion and multi-eternity.
oblivion and death dont have lower versions of them self like eternity.
oblivion swallows every universe that collaps(which are the universal eternity aspects)
so if this is not multi-eternity than oblivion wins

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
everyone gets put down, then its a stalemate between Oblivion and multi-eternity.
oblivion and death dont have lower versions of them self like eternity.
oblivion swallows every universe that collaps so he cant have a lower universal aspect of himself like eternity.
imo What?I didn't understand that.

galactusischere
Oblivion = Prime Eternity >= Galactus >> TOAA

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What?I didn't understand that. i edited it.

quanchi112
Eternity wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by galactusischere
Oblivion = Prime Eternity >= Galactus >> TOAA Why does everyone think oblivion is so powerful?

TheTyrant
Why does everyone think oblivion is so powerful?

Because he is nothingness.

Toss-up between big O and big E. TOAA is totally out of the picture here.

Slaanesh
it's between Eternity and Oblivion..Galactus and OAA doesn't belong here..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slaanesh
it's between Eternity and Oblivion..Galactus and OAA doesn't belong here.. Eternity is the mightier of the two.

Knowsbleed33
Oblivion
Eternity
TOAA Celestial
Galactus

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Oblivion
Eternity
TOAA Celestial
Galactus How is Oblivion higher than Eternity?

Prep-Man
After everything is said and done, everything destroyed, Oblivion will always be around. You can't destroy nonthingness. You can even use the UN and he'd still be there. He's an empty void, like Nekron.

AsbestosFlaygon
Eternity.

Colossus-Big C
i wouldnt say oblivion is more powerful than eternity.
even though he is nothing.
durabilty=/=power
also multi eternity might actually be more powerful since he is eternity and infinity togther.
and oblivion stalemated prime infinity.
i would say in power its

1.multi-eternity(with inifinity in him)
2.multi-eternity/infinity/death/oblivion
3. universal eternity/universal infinity/616 galactus

galactusischere
Originally posted by Prep-Man
After everything is said and done, everything destroyed, Oblivion will always be around. You can't destroy nonthingness. You can even use the UN and he'd still be there. He's an empty void, like Nekron.

UN would restart him.

Endless Mike
If you get hit by the UN you go to Oblivion. In fact he might have even been the one who created the UN (just guessing)

galactusischere
It also restarts entire time-lines. Abraxas didn't go to oblivion, he was sent back into the heart of Eternity.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Endless Mike
If you get hit by the UN you go to Oblivion. In fact he might have even been the one who created the UN (just guessing) wasnt it galactus that created it?

Endless Mike
No, we don't know where it came from

Colossus-Big C
why is part of galactus then?
IIRC galactus said its part of him like his own heart or something like that

Endless Mike
It's apparently bonded to him but we don't know where it actually originated from

Colossus-Big C
ok.

so can galactus be nullified?

galactusischere
No.

Endless Mike
ok.

so can galactus be nullified?

Yes, after all he's scared of the thing. It was how they defeated him when he first appeared

Knowsbleed33
No.

Absolutely he can. He was nullified along with everything else when Reed reset the multiverse.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Absolutely he can. He was nullified along with everything else when Reed reset the multiverse.

How do you know that?

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Yes, after all he's scared of the thing. It was how they defeated him when he first appeared

That was before the Abraxas saga.

Knowsbleed33
How do you know that?

Because everything was.

Tell em this, if the Un won't work on Galactus, how come he was scared shitless in his first appearance when Reed threatened to use it on him?

galactusischere
Because he has never showed any control over the UN before the Abraxas saga.

Knowsbleed33
He's always had control of it. That's what the Abraxas saga demonstrated.

So, you believe the entirety of the Marvel multiverse was destroyed except Galactus?

galactusischere
Yup. There is no evidence against this, while there is evidene to support it.

After 2001.

galactusischere
Such as Galactus having total control over the device itself, and not being afraid of it when Abraxas threathend to use it against him.

Knowsbleed33
There is no evidence to support he was unaffected.

Black bolt z
Knows is right.He may have control over it but if it is used on him it WOULD nullify him.

oblivion ties with eternity, after forever has gone by, he wins, then the omniverse gets restarted

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
oblivion ties with eternity, after forever has gone by, he wins, then the omniverse gets restarted whose he?

Colossus-Big C
whose he? oblivion consumes eternity at the end of the cosmic cycle.

galactusischere

Then what role does Entropy play?

Colossus-Big C

Then what role does Entropy play? the same role.
oblivion, entropy,and abraxes all play the role of ending eternity.
A.this might be because writers making abstracts not knowing theres already one with the same job already around.
B.or maybe there all the same being.
i think its A

Black bolt z
the same role.
oblivion, entropy,and abraxes all play the role of ending eternity.
A.this might be because writers making abstracts not knowing theres already one with the same job already around.
B.or maybe there all the same being.
i think its A Or they make multiple characters for the same purpose so they can retell the same story but with a different chacater so they sell more comics.

Colossus-Big C
Or they make multiple characters for the same purpose so they can retell the same story but with a different chacater so they sell more comics. that can be true too

whose he?

colossus is correct, oblivion is always the last one standing as he is nothingness itself, he'll absorb all that is eternity/infinty. then phoenix force is reborn out of nothing, in some stories it's other abstracts as they are redundant in their roles, and gives birth to a new universe restarting the cycle.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
After everything is said and done, everything destroyed, Oblivion will always be around. You can't destroy nonthingness. You can even use the UN and he'd still be there. He's an empty void, like Nekron. You can usurp nothingness. That's like saying you can destroy time. They all embody concepts.

amnesia
Originally posted by quanchi112
You can usurp nothingness. That's like saying you can destroy time. They all embody concepts.

Correct .Although i always wondered how nothing looks like. White? Black? Or perhaps clear?

quanchi112
Originally posted by amnesia
Correct .Although i always wondered how nothing looks like. White? Black? Or perhaps clear? Black, like bada's cold heart. wink

amnesia
Black, like bada's cold heart. wink

are you sure of this? I am aware of the fact that darkness is just absence of light and all but i assume when your dead it won't even be black. Just... Um, nothing, not being there.

quanchi112
Originally posted by amnesia
are you sure of this? I am aware of the fact that darkness is just absence of light and all but i assume when your dead it won't even be black. Just... Um, nothing, not being there. Just a guess but everything is black with the absence of light.

You can usurp nothingness. That's like saying you can destroy time. They all embody concepts.

well, you can destroy time in marvel, eternity embodies time like infinity embodies space and ultimately they'll both be eaten by oblivion/death, when there is nothing left to die or cease to be and death itself becomes meaningless, oblivion will still be arround

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
well, you can destroy time in marvel, eternity embodies time like infinity embodies space and ultimately they'll both be eaten by oblivion/death, when there is nothing left to die or cease to be and death itself becomes meaningless, oblivion will still be arround How can you destroy time in marvel? Also eternity embodies all reality and where does it state oblivion is greater than either? We also have recently seen a universe where life has won so I really don't see a point you have. Life can win in this universe as well though not likely due to Thanos but you catch my drift.

How can you destroy time in marvel? Also eternity embodies all reality and where does it state oblivion is greater than either? We also have recently seen a universe where life has won so I really don't see a point you have. Life can win in this universe as well though not likely due to Thanos but you catch my drift.

The cancerverse is a perversion of the natural cycle of things and although it can happen, I doubt it'll be more than temporary, the whole omniverse has died and been reborn an infinity of times (x-men forever IIRC). Even without death, the cancerverse can be destroyed by outsided forces like the UN and oblivion will still remain. Getting rid of death within the cancerverse does not mean getting rid of the oblivion surrounding it either.

Oblivion is not greater in power at the current point in the life of the omniverse - the concept he represents is simply indestructible, because it already is nothing - but at one point, after forever like I said, eternity and infinity will die and time and space will end following the predictable cycle of the marvel cosmos. Even Death can be said to lose meaning without life, but oblivion remains.

Eternity and Infinity - therefore space and time - are simply recreated along with the other abstracts (except for oblivion who just continues as nothingness outside of time and space) at the birth of the new universe, but this new universe doesnt occur in the same timestream or space as the previous one, several stories makes this clear and events ocurring 'between' one universe and the 'next' are said to happen outside of time itself.

I also doubt thanos will be the one to maintain balance as death's champion in the 616, phyla vell will get her shot at redeeming herself and will be the one to finish off the magus before the cancerverse can invade and spread metastasis.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
The cancerverse is a perversion of the natural cycle of things and although it can happen, I doubt it'll be more than temporary, the whole omniverse has died and been reborn an infinity of times (x-men forever IIRC). Even without death, the cancerverse can be destroyed by outsided forces like the UN and oblivion will still remain. Getting rid of death within the cancerverse does not mean getting rid of the oblivion surrounding it either.

Oblivion is not greater in power at the current point in the life of the omniverse - the concept he represents is simply indestructible, because it already is nothing - but at one point, after forever like I said, eternity and infinity will die and time and space will end following the predictable cycle of the marvel cosmos. Even Death can be said to lose meaning without life, but oblivion remains.

Eternity and Infinity - therefore space and time - are simply recreated along with the other abstracts (except for oblivion who just continues as nothingness outside of time and space) at the birth of the new universe, but this new universe doesnt occur in the same timestream or space as the previous one, several stories makes this clear and events ocurring 'between' one universe and the 'next' are said to happen outside of time itself.

I also doubt thanos will be the one to maintain balance as death's champion in the 616, phyla vell will get her shot at redeeming herself and will be the one to finish off the magus before the cancerverse can invade and spread metastasis. Yes, and since it's been rebron you now realize nothingness never wins effectively destroying your argument. eternity has been described as the greatest abstract right below Lt also further showing I see them as they stand.

Thanos returning is death's best chance as it should be.

Yes, and since it's been rebron you now realize nothingness never wins effectively destroying your argument. eternity has been described as the greatest abstract right below Lt also further showing I see them as they stand.

Thanos returning is death's best chance as it should be.

He 'wins' as far as it goes between eternity and himself. It takes other abstracts to jumpstart the cosmic cycle and the new eternity won't be the same as the one before, because the universe won't be the same. Oblivion outlasts all individual encarnations of the other abstracts, because he outlasts all individual encarnations of the cosmos, they die and are reborn, he just goes on. So for this battle, after several billion years, the universe dies and oblivion 'wins', even if it's just a 'cosmic temporary win'.

The members of the cosmic compass are equal among themselves; Death, eternity, oblivion and infinity are all on equal footing below the LT.

Thanos is a villain, phyla is a heroe, so she is more likely to be the one save the day, just like sinestro blundered at the very last moment, just like thanos himself did not release galactus and contain the threat represented by the annihlation wave, but drax did. That's what heroes do, they save the day.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
He 'wins' as far as it goes between eternity and himself. It takes other abstracts to jumpstart the cosmic cycle and the new eternity won't be the same as the one before, because the universe won't be the same. Oblivion outlasts all individual encarnations of the other abstracts, because he outlasts all individual encarnations of the cosmos, they die and are reborn, he just goes on. So for this battle, after several billion years, the universe dies and oblivion 'wins', even if it's just a 'cosmic temporary win'.

The members of the cosmic compass are equal among themselves; Death, eternity, oblivion and infinity are all on equal footing below the LT.

Thanos is a villain, phyla is a heroe, so she is more likely to be the one save the day, just like sinestro blundered at the very last moment, just like thanos himself did not release galactus and contain the threat represented by the annihlation wave, but drax did. That's what heroes do, they save the day. I don't see it that way at all.

Now we have seen eternity described as the mightiest while death herself fell with aid and quite easily before Thanos with the ig.

Eternity is right beneath Lt which has been stated on panel numerous times.

Thanos saved the day before in marvel's the end, in the infinity classics he was instrumental as well. You can hope she saves the day but they aren't bringing back Thanos to stand there. Thanos is a big deal and always a force while Phyla is mostly someone who fails.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753

I also doubt thanos will be the one to maintain balance as death's champion in the 616, phyla vell will get her shot at redeeming herself and will be the one to finish off the magus before the cancerverse can invade and spread metastasis.

this is correct,
IIRC, though oblivions consciousness/self awareness
was created in the first big bang, and every other big bang restarts it or something like that.

maelstrom once had a plot to usurp oblivions role.

Colossus-Big C
I don't see it that way at all.

Now we have seen eternity described as the mightiest while death herself fell with aid and quite easily before Thanos with the ig.

Thanos saved the day before in marvel's the end, in the infinity classics he was instrumental as well. You can hope she saves the day but they aren't bringing back Thanos to stand there. Thanos is a big deal and always a force while Phyla is most someone who fails.

but your forgetting that they all stalemated before.
when quasar and maelstrom was there avatars.
oblivion stalemated infinity and when they stopped fighting.
eternity emerged from inside infinity, and death emerged from inside oblivion.

quanchi112
but your forgetting that they all stalemated before.
when quasar and maelstrom was there avatars.
oblivion stalemated infinity and when they stopped fighting.
eternity emerged from inside infinity, and death emerged from inside oblivion. Yes, but that doesn't mean Eternity is equal to Oblivion at all. Infinity and Oblivion chose avatars and Infinity's won.

I don't see it that way at all.

Thanos saved the day before in marvel's the end, in the infinity classics he was instrumental as well. You can hope she saves the day but they aren't bringing back Thanos to stand there. Thanos is a big deal and always a force while Phyla is most someone who fails.

Agree to disagree then.

Their equal footing has been shown other times, although another interpretation I've seen is that eternity/infinity is stronger when the universe is young, as it ages and nears extinction, death/oblivion become stronger. Even assuming eternity is stronger right now, he cannot get rid of oblivion in any way.

It's not what I hope will happen, it's just what I think is more likely given the nature of comic books. Phyla is at a point in her story where succeeding in saving the universe after all her failures and tragedies is mandatory for character development, the build up for her saving the day is a lot bigger than for thanos.

Colossus-Big C
Yes, but that doesn't mean Eternity is equal to Oblivion at all. Infinity and Oblivion chose avatars and Infinity's won. infinitys won because of plot device, its wasnt because of a power difference

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
Agree to disagree then.

Their equal footing has been shown other times, although another interpretation I've seen is that eternity/infinity is stronger when the universe is young, as it ages and nears extinction, death/oblivion become stronger. Even assuming eternity is stronger right now, he cannot get rid of oblivion in any way.

It's not what I hope will happen, it's just what I think is more likely given the nature of comic books. Phyla is at a point in her story where succeeding in saving the universe after all her failures and tragedies is mandatory for character development, the build up for her saving the day is a lot bigger than for thanos. Oblivion also cannot get rid of eternity so even by your own standards eternity is mightier. He's right beneath Lt not Oblivion.

infinitys won because of plot device, its wasnt because of a power difference Yes, but then again Eternity isn't Infinity and Oblivion isn't Death.

Oblivion also cannot get rid of eternity so even by your own standards eternity is mightier. He's right beneath Lt not Oblivion.

Yes, but then again Eternity isn't Infinity and Oblivion isn't Death.

How is eternity mightier by my own standards? They will 'struggle' as they have been doing for billions of years stalemating and eventually, eternity dies, which is what I said from the beggining.

Eternity and Infinty are two sides of the same coin he is time she is space, they are both reality - he is not the whole universe without or despite of her - this has been stated numerous times. The same goes for oblivion and death, they're all pretty equal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
How is eternity mightier by my own standards? They will 'struggle' as they have been doing for billions of years stalemating and eventually, eternity dies, which is what I said from the beggining.

Eternity and Infinty are two sides of the same coin he is time she is space, they are both reality - he is not the whole universe without or despite of her - this has been stated numerous times. The same goes for oblivion and death, they're all pretty equal. Because I have statements where Eternity is the mightiest and not Oblivion.

By your own logic then Oblivion is equal to death who is less than Eternity via ig arc.

Because I have statements where Eternity is the mightiest and not Oblivion.

By your own logic then Oblivion is equal to death who is less than Eternity via ig arc.

I dont think that thing can be taken as such a literal indication of power level. Also doubt Oblivion could be destroyed by the IG or anything else fot that matter.

Colossus-Big C
Because I have statements where Eternity is the mightiest and not Oblivion.

By your own logic then Oblivion is equal to death who is less than Eternity via ig arc. there is also statements that there equal though.
but i think writers now are maybe portraying eternity as the most powerful.
nevertheless, oblivion still swallows him at the end.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
I dont think that thing can be taken as such a literal indication of power level. Also doubt Oblivion could be destroyed by the IG or anything else fot that matter. Eternity wasn't destroyed either but defeated by the ig, absolutely.

there is also statements that there equal though.
but i think writers now are maybe portraying eternity as the most powerful.
nevertheless, oblivion still swallows him at the end. What do you mean the end? You are setting up a situation where nothingness prevails which it hasn't so you have nothing.

Johnny Sorrow
All I know is the Celestial is waaaay out of his league.

Colossus-Big C
Eternity wasn't destroyed either but defeated by the ig, absolutely.

What do you mean the end? You are setting up a situation where nothingness prevails which it hasn't so you have nothing. end of the cycle.

oblivion consumes eternity, while pheonix saves a last person.
then pheonix appears out of the void and initiates another big bang that creates a new universe and abstracts.
(the last person pheonix saves becomes the new galactus)

thats the cycle of the universe

quanchi112
end of the cycle.

oblivion consumes eternity, while pheonix saves a last person.
then pheonix appears out of the void and initiates another big bang that creates a new universe and abstracts.
(the last person pheonix saves becomes the new galactus)

thats the cycle of the universe We aren't at the end of any cycle. You want to steer the situation to give Oblivion a chance because he clearly doesn't have one outside that. Eternity is the most powerful and it's backed on panel.

Colossus-Big C
We aren't at the end of any cycle. You want to steer the situation to give Oblivion a chance because he clearly doesn't have one outside that. Eternity is the most powerful and it's backed on panel. what 753 is trying to say is that this fight will be a stalemate "forever" and enventually the end of the cycle would come, and oblivion would win.

it has been stated all sides of the compas are equall in power.

quanchi112
what 753 is trying to say is that this fight will be a stalemate "forever" and enventually the end of the cycle would come, and oblivion would win.

it has been stated all sides of the compas are equall in power. No, eternity is more powerful as I have already proven with statements corroborating it.

what 753 is trying to say is that this fight will be a stalemate "forever" and enventually the end of the cycle would come, and oblivion would win.

it has been stated all sides of the compas are equall in power.

pretty much

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
pretty much When were they stated as being equal in power?

Colossus-Big C
No, eternity is more powerful as I have already proven with statements corroborating it.
ill try to dig up the scans

No, eternity is more powerful as I have already proven with statements corroborating it.

I disagree, but for the sake of this argument let's assume the universe is more powerfull than nothingness. Eventually oblivion still swallows eternity, because the universe will become nothingness. They arent people with battle feats powersets and such, they are concepts, it's how they work.

quanchi112
ill try to dig up the scans Ok.Originally posted by 753
I disagree, but for the sake of this argument let's assume the universe is more powerfull than nothingness. Eventually oblivion still swallows eternity, because the universe will become nothingness. They arent people with battle feats powersets and such, they are concepts, it's how they work. Wrong. Oblivion can be usurped and was going to by Maelstrom he just failed before he could do so.

Ok. Wrong. Oblivion can be usurped and was going to by Maelstrom he just failed before he could do so.

that would be the same as strange absorbing shuma gorath and becoming shuma gorath or entropy killing and becoming eternity. It changes nothing, these characters arent people, they are abstractions representing the cosmos itself. maelstrom would become nothingness, good for him, then we'd just call him oblivion and this 'battle' would go on.

Colossus-Big C
this may help
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/o12.jpg

Colossus-Big C
also here oblivion calls eternity somewhat his creation, because a universe is created from nothingness , and oblivion is that

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/o27.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/o25.jpg

quanchi112
also here oblivion calls eternity somewhat his creation, because a universe is created from nothingness , and oblivion is that

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/o27.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/o25.jpg You misinterpreted the scans.Originally posted by 753
that would be the same as strange absorbing shuma gorath and becoming shuma gorath or entropy killing and becoming eternity. It changes nothing, these characters arent people, they are abstractions representing the cosmos itself. maelstrom would become nothingness, good for him, then we'd just call him oblivion and this 'battle' would go on. You don't have any proof that Oblivion his equal to eternity who is the mightiest who went up against the ig.Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
this may help
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/o12.jpg Yes, I am aware and nowhere does it state Eternity is equal to Oblivion.

galactusischere
Eternity isn't the mightiest. The big 4 are all equal.

You don't have any proof that Oblivion his equal to eternity who is the mightiest who went up against the ig.

let's assume eternity is stronger

Oblivion is still last one standing now and forever

Colossus-Big C
his equal to eternity who is the mightiest who went up against the ig. neither death, nor oblivion would go up against the ig, They want the universe to collaps....

quanchi112
neither death, nor oblivion would go up against the ig, They want the universe to collaps.... Death already did and lost. Please go read a comic.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
let's assume eternity is stronger

Oblivion is still last one standing now and forever He is so in a forum matchup Eternity always wins. You can chage the settings to make him fare better but that's it.

He is so in a forum matchup Eternity always wins. You can chage the settings to make him fare better but that's it.

christ, how does he win? there is no time limit for these battles, nobopdy can get rid of oblivion, it's a stalemate until oblivion inevitably swallows eternity at the end of time.

Remember when thanos absorbed the omniverse? that blackness he was standing arround in afterwards was oblivion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
christ, how does he win? there is no time limit for these battles, nobopdy can get rid of oblivion, it's a stalemate until oblivion inevitably swallows eternity at the end of time.

Remember when thanos absorbed the omniverse? that blackness he was standing arround in afterwards was oblivion. You can usurp oblivion or defeat him. We saw the ig defeat death so why can't oblivion lose?

Colossus-Big C
You can usurp oblivion or defeat him. We saw the ig defeat death so why can't oblivion lose? ig>>>eternity.
and eternity cannot usurp oblivion anyways.

galactusischere
You can usurp oblivion or defeat him. We saw the ig defeat death so why can't oblivion lose?

Oblivion =/= Death.

quanchi112
ig>>>eternity.
and eternity cannot usurp oblivion anyways. Barely. Ig can destroy death with other abstracts like a walk in the park.

Oblivion =/= Death. Eternity is greater than Oblivion. I don't care where you see these two both are inferior to eternity.

galactusischere
Eternity wasn't barely weaker than the IG. Nebula IIRC defeated Eternity + the other abstracts, just as easily as Thanos did.

Colossus-Big C
i personally want to see what Mr. Masters opinions are here.

quanchi112
Eternity wasn't barely weaker than the IG. Nebula IIRC defeated Eternity + the other abstracts, just as easily as Thanos did. I don't recall her beating eternity.

galactusischere
I don't recall her beating eternity.

Yea, she didn't fight Eternity. My bad on that one.

quanchi112
Yea, she didn' fight Eternity. My bad on that one. You are forgiven.

You can usurp oblivion or defeat him. We saw the ig defeat death so why can't oblivion lose?

What does defeating death mean? she didnt take someone with her? her plans were frustrated? maybe you erase death or her work like in the cancerverse or classic beyonder and living things stop dying or they just reform as something else perpetually.

But the nothingness outside of creation remains. You can't destroy that which isn't anything to begin with. You can frustrate his plans to swallow reality for an eternity, you can kill off all his avatars, you can banish his influence from the universe (eternity), but he just remains there waiting for the inevitable conclusion. Eternity couldn't usurp oblivion as it means becoming nothingess itself and goes against his nature which is to be everything. Maybe eternity gets someone to usurp oblivion in his place, as soon as it's done, whoever did it will simply be oblivion again.

If we were to ask: can oblivion swallow eternity right now? the answer is probably not - although realities die all the time, the 6161 obvisouly isnt going down. He doesnt go anywhere though. Even assuming Eternity>death, he couldn't get rid of her on his own either, things are still dying all over the place.

The problem with debating these characters is that they aren't people, so it's kind of difficult and pointless. Galactus is still living thing-like enough to use in these threads, but these four are tough, specially oblivion because we say someone is gone when they cease to be or happen (even death), but oblivion simply isn't. I'm actually getting a bit tired of this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
What does defeating death mean? she didnt take someone with her? her plans were frustrated? maybe you erase death or her work like in the cancerverse or classic beyonder and living things stop dying or they just reform as something else perpetually.

But the nothingness outside of creation remains. You can't destroy that which isn't anything to begin with. You can frustrate his plans to swallow reality for an eternity, you can kill off all his avatars, you can banish his influence from the universe (eternity), but he just remains there waiting for the inevitable conclusion. Eternity couldn't usurp oblivion as it means becoming nothingess itself and goes against his nature which is to be everything. Maybe eternity gets someone to usurp oblivion in his place, as soon as it's done, whoever did it will simply be oblivion again.

If we were to say ask: can oblivion swallow eternity right now? the answer is probably not. He doesnt go anywhere though. Even assuming Eternity>death, he couldn't get rid of her on his own either, things are still dying all over the place.

The problem with debating these characters is that they aren't people, so it's kind of difficult and pointless. Galactus is still living thing-like enough to use in these threads, but these four are tough, specially oblivion because we say someone is gone when they cease to be or happen (even death), but oblivion simply isn't. I'm actually getting a bit tired of this. You can imprison these beings or defeat them. You don't have to destroy the concept altogether to defeat them. Death was defeated and was still maintained. You seem to not know the difference here between the two.

You can imprison these beings or defeat them. You don't have to destroy the concept altogether to defeat them. Death was defeated and was still maintained. You seem to not know the difference here between the two.

alright, tell me what defeat or imprisonment would look like for oblivion. what would that be exactly? how would death be imprisoned for that matter?

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
alright, tell me what defeat or imprisonment would look like for oblivion. what would that be exactly? how would death be imprisoned for that matter? Read the ig. You actually see it. It's in a comic. laughing out loud

Read the ig. You actually see it. It's in a comic. laughing out loud

yeah, I have read it, don't see the aplication here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
yeah, I have read it, don't see the aplication here. Well, we see death lose and imprisoned so why can't Oblivion be imprisoned?

Well, we see death lose and imprisoned so why can't Oblivion be imprisoned?

those human like avatars arent the real concepts, that was an allegory of how the IG>death. eternity < IG too, he's never contained death like that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
those human like avatars arent the real concepts, that was an allegory of how the IG>death. eternity < IG too, he's never contained death like that. Who has never contained death like that? If you are referring to eternity well of course because there is no reason to upset the balance. Eternity was the greatest Thanos went up against and said so on panel which includes Death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.