Kain takes on Colossi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
Kain faces the 16 Colossi. He is armed with only his Reaver, which has been given the ability to locate Colossi and their weak-points in sunlight.
He cannot use any of his abilities from Blood Omen, just the ones seen in Defiance (TK blasts, wall-climbing, firing blasts of electricity, limited time slow), and cannot teleport in any way or use his mist form for extended periods (past 10 seconds of continuous usage is a no-no).

For battles 5, 7, & 12, he is given immunity to water. He starts battle 16 from the same place Wander does. His TK blasts have the same range as Wander's arrows.

* Note - He does not have a horse. He is probably faster than Agro.

Kain faces them in the same order they are fought in-game. They have the same weak-spots they have in Normal Mode, and can only be attacked there. All major weak-spots must be attacked for the Colossi to fall. Minor ones need not be attacked if Kain can avoid them.

Can Kain repeat what Wander did? If not, which Colossi can he take down?

Burning thought
Kain will take this easily. These things are extremely slow, their body parts are covered in areas a normal man could clutch let alone a guy who could slice into concrete and with incredible strength. Chances are Kain wont even bother looking for the weakpoints and just shatter their stone surfaces, piecies at a time.

You should have taken away all his powers and left him with his physical attributues, at least then he would have to face the Colossi like Wander had to.

XanatosForever
I think Kain will stop at any of the waterborne Colossi.

NemeBro
I assume that is why he was given immunity to water for those fights.

Kain would clear it.

AsbestosFlaygon
Kain doesn't even need to locate the weak spots, imo.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by NemeBro

Kain would clear it.

I'm not talking about his Super Drowning Skills, I'm talking about the affect of water on physical movement. Unless Kain waits for the water Colossi to surface and pelt them from above, I think he'll have problems with hurting them. Maybe, I dunno, just the first thing that came to mind.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro

Kain would clear it.

He was given water immunity only. Does he even know how to swim in the first place?

EDIT: XF beat me to the swimming thing.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Kain doesn't even need to locate the weak spots, imo.

Doesn't matter, I only allowed the weak-points to be attacked. He has to locate them first, figure out how to get to the weak-points of the Colossi without help from Dormin (as he is smart enough to do so IMO), then attack with the Reaver.

~ Perhaps I never made it clear: He has to attack the weak-points with the Reaver to cause damage. I only included TK blasts to serve as an analog to Wander's Arrows. The TK blasts do not cause significant harm to the beasts.

Also, I'll be taking BT's suggestion into consideration. I suppose I'll only allow the TK blasts, if it's alright with you gents.

BloodRain
Those two are onto something with the water thing. And what about the ones where he needs a horse for? (if there is a colossi this makes you need one)

Other then that he's able to do anything that Wander did to kill them, unless he isnt able to figure out the weak points.

Demonic Phoenix
In SotC, Agro is only really needed in battles 9, 10, & 13. In battle 9, Agro is needed to avoid the Colossi's projectile attack, though I believe it's possible to avoid it without the horse.
She's needed in 10 and 13 because Wander isn't fast enough to run from Colossi 10, or keep up with Colossi 13. Kain is most likely faster than Agro when it comes to long distance running.

Colossi 13 is the only battle where I see the possibility of Kain suffering from the lack of a horse, not because he might not be fast enough, but because he has to run for stupidly long distances. Therefore he might not have the stamina/endurance to kill the beast.

The only real problem with not having a horse would be travelling to the lair of each Colossi in the first place.

MadMel
for the purposes of travel maybe he should be allowed his cloud-of-bats form?

Demonic Phoenix
The whole 'getting to the lair' doesn't factor in here stick out tongue, it's assumed he starts at the entrance of each lair. I was just being a douche when I brought up the travel thing.

Also, no, he can't use it. It counts as a form of teleportation in my books.

Keollyn
PIS off, Kain gets killed by any of the real brute Colossi.

Don't assume because Wander one, Kain can.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.