How to train your dragon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kid Kurdy
I just saw it, and it's absolutely amazing. One of the best animated movies of the last decade.

What's your opinion ?

The Nuul
Just saw it also, its very good and yes its one of the best.

steverules_2
Wish when I went into the wrong screen I'd stayed there, it was how to train your dragon, I was at the cinema to see Clash of the titans which was not good

Ultraviolence
I saw it in 3D. It was a superb piece.

LanceWindu
I wouldn't say it's one of the best animated films, but it's pretty good.

My main problem was Jay Baruchel as Hiccup. The entire time I was watching it, I was very aware that he was reading off of a script. A lot of his lines were monotone and void of true emotion. It brought me out of the movie.

danis4ever
Saw it with my brother... it's something light. I like it. <3

jinXed by JaNx
I usually like family movies and all but i can't get behind this one. I don't know, i just don't feel it. I'm at a loss as to why this movie looks so appealing to so many people. Maybe it's just me, Dragons aren't supposed to be cute and cuddly. They're supposed to be fierce badass creatures. The only movie to get Dragons right is Reign of fire. I want my kick ass dragons and fearless dragon-riding-knights not little children trying to be adults and huggable dragons, it's just bulldookie i say...BULLDOOKIE mad

With that said, i'm sure when i get around to seeing it, i'll enjoy it, but i still want my firebreathing killing machines.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I usually like family movies and all but i can't get behind this one. I don't know, i just don't feel it. I'm at a loss as to why this movie looks so appealing to so many people. Maybe it's just me, Dragons aren't supposed to be cute and cuddly. They're supposed to be fierce badass creatures. The only movie to get Dragons right is Reign of fire. I want my kick ass dragons and fearless dragon-riding-knights not little children trying to be adults and huggable dragons, it's just bulldookie i say...BULLDOOKIE mad

With that said, i'm sure when i get around to seeing it, i'll enjoy it, but i still want my firebreathing killing machines.

It's for kids, for sure. There are, however, some "scary" dragons in the film. Some dragons are good, some are bad.

And, I agree: I enjoyed Reign of Fire. Underrated film, IMO.

SnakeEyes
Reign of Fire sucked donkey balls. The only redeeming quality was seeing Matthew Maconawhatever get owned by that dragon.

Ms.Marvel
MM was hot as hell in that movie. he looks sexy bald, he should keep that look.

SnakeEyes
Yeah...

Serge
That was wrong on so many levels... many of which others would be unaware of.

Ms.Marvel
haermm

The Nuul
Reign of Fire is a great Dragon film.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Nuul
Reign of Fire is a great Dragon film.

It certainly provided the most logical/scientific basis for a "fire breathing creature", which made me happy, n'stuff.

I liked the dark and grisely feel of the movie, as well. But, I wasn't buying the "underground" BS for the Dragons. What was it? Millions of years? BS. It would have been more believable if a spaceship crashed to the planet with a preggers dragon and the male frozen or something.

It also wasn't believable that the humans' technology was not match for a flying fire breathing lizard: that's such BS. Other than those minor complaints, I liked the film, acting, and story. A solid 7.

I look forward to seeing this film. I may take my kids Saturday day.

The Nuul
That Sean Connery dragon movie called Dragon Heart...Sucked ass big time.

roughrider
Dragonslayer (1981) is still one of the best. The dragon there is vengeful & terrible, but somewhat understandable if you see the film & understand.

How To Train Your Dragon was a terrific piece of entertainment - the 3D effects are just as good as in Avatar, and the film is shorter. Works a lot of familiar themes seen in previous films (A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Kung Fu Panda)about the picked upon outsider finding his way etc. but those are minor nitpicking's. See it in a theatre in 3D, if you're going to.

K.Diddy
beer Just seen this,thought it was great I cant remember being this impressed by an animated movie in a long,long time,although I'm yet to see Toy Story 3,This would have to be up there with one of my top movies of the year.9/10

HighwayMan
I guess I'm one of the few that thought it was simply awful. Every plot point seemed to be checked off on a list of conventions, I did not find a single thing fresh or exciting about the movie. Then there are many who say it has "heart", but I wonder where exactly is that present besides the meeting between the kid and the dragon (the only scene I liked), and your standard "magical trip through the clouds" for the 3D crowd.

I just do not get what elements precisely people enjoyed so much.

Dave_97
Originally posted by K.Diddy
thought it was great I cant remember being this impressed by an animated movie in a long,long time,although I'm yet to see Toy Story 3,This would have to be up there with one of my top movies of the year.9/10
This.

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Nuul
That Sean Connery dragon movie called Dragon Heart...Sucked ass big time.

Bullshit.....that movie was great.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by HighwayMan
I guess I'm one of the few that thought it was simply awful. Every plot point seemed to be checked off on a list of conventions, I did not find a single thing fresh or exciting about the movie. Then there are many who say it has "heart", but I wonder where exactly is that present besides the meeting between the kid and the dragon (the only scene I liked), and your standard "magical trip through the clouds" for the 3D crowd.

I just do not get what elements precisely people enjoyed so much.

erm Each to their own,I just found the movie fun and somewhat refreshing,I think it's even better then Pixars ''Up'' Which I think is overrated anyway in my opinion,I will probably be in the minority with that statement though

K.Diddy
Originally posted by K.Diddy
beer Just seen this,thought it was great I cant remember being this impressed by an animated movie in a long,long time,although I'm yet to see Toy Story 3,This would have to be up there with one of my top movies of the year.9/10

roll eyes (sarcastic) oh,I meant to say one of my top movies for last year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.