Best and worst movie Taglines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm sure this has been done before but i couldn't find a relative thread.

I had to start this thread because i'm SICK of seeing, The tooth Fairy, Tagline at the video store.

My first worst tagline goes to, of course, The Tooth fairy---You can't handle the tooth.

My first best goes to, Alien---- In space no one can hear you scream.

steverules_2
If Alien 3 had been set on earth I woulda said that a good tagline is on earth everyone can you hear you scream but then that never came to be which was unfortunate

Blinky
Cheesey :

"They don't negotiate with terrorists... they blow them away!" - Delta Force

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by steverules_2
If Alien 3 had been set on earth I woulda said that a good tagline is on earth everyone can you hear you scream but then that never came to be which was unfortunate

i believe for the first (or second) AvP movies the tagline was "in space, no one can hear you scream. on earth, it wont matter."

sasafinsh
good

xJLxKing
Godfather---" I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."

steverules_2
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i believe for the first (or second) AvP movies the tagline was "in space, no one can hear you scream. on earth, it wont matter."

AvP was whoever wins we lose and AvP:R was This christmas there will be no peace on earth...cuz it came out 25th december

Wanderer11
Dracula's Daughter ~ "She gives you that weird feeling!"

Ms.Marvel
AvP was whoever wins we lose and AvP:R was This christmas there will be no peace on earth...cuz it came out 25th december

oh yeah... i was kinda half right

Gw2Hu0NAQ64

Myth

Menetnashté
I think I'm gonna go with myth on the worst being Rocky II however the best is clearly Princess Bride's: She gets kidnapped. He gets killed. But it all ends up okay

Esomark
A*P*E - Not to be confused with King Kong - Just the fact it was stating the obvious makes it awesome.

Mr. Rhythmic
Not all of the best, but some of my favorites that I can think of right now.

Spider-Man 2 - "This summer, a man will face his destiny. A hero will be revealed."

Transformers: The Movie - "Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Beyond Your Wildest Imagination."

Rocky - "His whole life was a million-to-one shot."

Rocky II - "The rematch of the century."

Rocky III - "A fighter. A lover. A legend. The greatest challenge."

Rocky Balboa - "Never give up. And never stop believing."

Alien - "In space, no one can hear you scream."

Monty Python And The Holy Grail - "Makes Ben Hur look like an epic"

Psycho - "Check in. Relax. Take a shower."

Plan 9 From Outer Space - "Unspeakable Horrors From Outer Space Paralyze the Living and Resurrect The Dead!"

Frankenstein - "A Monster Science Created - But Could Not Destroy!"

This Is Spinal Tap - "Does for rock and roll what "The Sound of Music" did for hills."

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "One Man's Struggle To Take It Easy."

True Romance - "Stealing, cheating, killing... Who said romance was dead?"

Alien vs. Predator - "Whoever wins, we lose."

Army of Darkness - "Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas."

Clerks - "Just because they serve you doesn't mean they like you."

Finding Nemo - "There are 3.7 trillion fish in the ocean. They're looking for one."

I Am Legend - "The last man on earth is not alone."

Office Space - "Work sucks."

Jarhead - "Welcome to the suck."

Saw 2 - "Oh yes, there will be blood."

Shaun of the Dead - "A romantic comedy. With Zombies."

And the best one of all...

Day of the Dolphin - "Unwittingly, he trained a dolphin to kill the president of the United States."

Mr. Rhythmic
Now some of the worst.

Crank: High Voltage - "He was dead... But he got better."

Leap Year - "Anna planned to propose to her boyfriend on February 29th. This is not her boyfriend."

Die Hard 2 - "Die Harder."

Clash of the Titans - "Titans will clash." (oh, ya think?)

A*P*E* - "Not to be confused with King Kong."

Life Is Hot In Cracktown - "Be cool. You're so cool. Life is cool in Cracktown."

Space Camp - "They came to Space Camp with a dream of becoming astronauts. Suddenly, without warning, before they were ready, they were launched into space."

Ghost Ship - "Sea Evil."

Scarecrows - "When it comes to terror they're in a field of their own."

Ouanga - "Strange loves of queer people!"

Don't Look Now - "A psycho thriller."

Tourist Trap - "Every year young people disappear."

Children of the Corn III - "Based on the story 'Children of the Corn' by Stephen King."

Mr. Rhythmic

steverules_2
Rocky III?

oh yeah... i was kinda half right

Gw2Hu0NAQ64

They kinda stole, not like they came up with anything original erm but it woulda been a shame to not use it since its a good tagline

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Blinky
Cheesey :

"They don't negotiate with terrorists... they blow them away!" - Delta Force

Oh, come on! It's a Chuck Norris with Lee Marvin its badass. It's an awesome line.

I think the WORSE tag in a film had to be from Leprechaun: In Da Hood.

"Lep in the Hood, come to do no good!"

seriously

Blinky
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Oh, come on! It's a Chuck Norris with Lee Marvin its badass. It's an awesome line.

I never said cheese was bad, I'm a big fan of it myself.

Dr Will Hatch
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PFF8ZWH3L._SS500_.jpg

"He came into town with his cock in hand, and what he did with it was illegal in 49 states."

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
That wasn't a "Rocky II" tagline.
Yes it was, there's more than one tagline for movies.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch

"He came into town with his cock in hand, and what he did with it was illegal in 49 states." really? confused

Mr. Rhythmic

Myth
And that wasn't one of them.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079817/taglines

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Myth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079817/taglines

And yet it wasn't on any poster, video case, website, or anything other than IMDB.

You do realize that not everything they say is correct, right? I remember when they put the Vulture as part of the cast of "Spider-Man 2".

steverules_2
I think they had Aunt May down as Carnage once messed or that was wiki

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch

"He came into town with his cock in hand, and what he did with it was illegal in 49 states." laughing out loud

Myth
And yet it wasn't on any poster, video case, website, or anything other than IMDB.

You do realize that not everything they say is correct, right? I remember when they put the Vulture as part of the cast of "Spider-Man 2".

You know, just because you never saw it doesn't mean it isn't true. I had heard the tagline way before IMDB even existed, so its sure as hell not made up by IMDB. Somebody else in here said they knew it was a tagline as well. Seems to me that you are just being stubborn and think that since you never heard it before, you are correct. I agree it isn't the tagline most are familiar with, but it was one of the taglines. How about you just Google "Rocky shows he's a champ...and wins." There are about 4 pages worth of websites that reference that tagline.

One Free Man
aaaaaaaaaaaannnddd

Once again, KMC has proven that two people CAN IN FACT argue about an arbitrary point that nobody really gives a shit about, not even the two people who are arguing. Congratulations.

Myth
Originally posted by One Free Man
aaaaaaaaaaaannnddd

Once again, KMC has proven that two people CAN IN FACT argue about an arbitrary point that nobody really gives a shit about, not even the two people who are arguing. Congratulations.

Yeah, sorry about my part in it. I just thought it was ridiculous to say something wasn't true just because you have never seen it, and then continue to refute it despite the evidence being provided.

Mr. Rhythmic
Yeah, sorry about my part in it. I just thought it was ridiculous to say something wasn't true just because you have never seen it, and then continue to refute it despite the evidence being provided.

So I guess that means that Vulture was in "Spider-Man 2".

And it's not that I never saw it. It was never USED. It's fact. Learn to accept facts.

steverules_2
I never heard it but this came out waaaaay before my time, was it in a trailer or on a poster?

Myth
So I guess that means that Vulture was in "Spider-Man 2".

And it's not that I never saw it. It was never USED. It's fact. Learn to accept facts.

Whatever. Believe what you want. I'm done.

steverules_2
Best to just leave it...its only a tagline erm

Mr. Rhythmic
Whatever. Believe what you want. I'm done.

Yeah, because you're wrong.

Mr. Rhythmic
Best to just leave it...its only a tagline erm

It's the fact he's doing the "Oh, it HAS to be true! You don't know what you're talking about!" crap when the truth is that I'm one of the most obsessive "Rocky" fans ever.

Myth
Others:

Bad:
Matrix Revolutions - Everything that has a beginning has an end

Good:
Sean of the Dead - A romantic comedy... with zombies
Airplane - You've read the ad, now see the movie!
The Jerk - He was a poor black sharecropper's son who never dreamed he was adopted.

Ms.Marvel
It's the fact he's doing the "Oh, it HAS to be true! You don't know what you're talking about!" crap when the truth is that I'm one of the most obsessive "Rocky" fans ever.

would you like a hug for your wounded rocky pride sad

One Free Man
Others:

Bad:
Matrix Revolutions - Everything that has a beginning has an end
shut up i like that 1.

Mr. Rhythmic
would you like a hug for your wounded rocky pride sad

It's not about 'pride'. It's about fact.

Myth
Originally posted by One Free Man
shut up i like that 1.

Well, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

One Free Man
no you're not; I am supreme! sneaky2

steverules_2

So am I, love the Rocky films, I've seen them all a whole buncha times

Mr. Rhythmic
So am I, love the Rocky films, I've seen them all a whole buncha times

Fellow Rockyman!

steverules_2
Indeed I am smile

One Free Man
the "everything that has a beginning has an end" heavily coincides with the word "revolutions," that is, coming full circle...

super pr*xy
i like robocop: half man, half machine, all cop..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.