Darksied vs Magus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scuzz2.0
most powerful version of darksied (without the ALE) vs

1. classic magus.
2, current magus.

both have basic knowlege of each other, fight to the death.

who wins

Omega Vision
I'm not all that familiar with Magus. What are his feats?

Black bolt z
Darkseid easy.Adam warlock slightly>Magus and thanos >>>>>>>Adam and thanos=darkseid

Darkseid 9.7/10.Magus just isn't good enough.Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm not all that familiar with Magus. What are his feats? Creation a church thus becoming a universal tyrant and adapting to the IG the fastest of anyone.

quanchi112
Magus wins as his classic self. His current self to me wins at this point anyways.

galactusischere
Mr Seid.

Gecko4lif
Magnus could beat average sied

but soulfire seid or pc seid rips his ass hole open

psycho gundam
pause

King Kandy
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Darkseid easy.Adam warlock slightly>Magus and thanos >>>>>>>Adam and thanos=darkseid

WTF are you talking about, how is Warlock>Magus when Magus easily kicked his ass and was beating Thanos as well in his classic form.

Q99
Yea, Magus was directly created to be a champion of life in opposition to Thanos.

He was kicking the Guardians of the Galaxy's collective tails.

Wild Shadow
classic magus stomps DS..

the modern magus not to sure he appears far different then any of his other incarnations.

Prep-Man
Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
classic magus stomps DS..

the modern magus not to sure he appears far different then any of his other incarnations. Modern Magus even seems more deadly than classic Magus at this point.

the ninjak
Magus is craftier.

Prep-Man
Not really.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by King Kandy
WTF are you talking about, how is Warlock>Magus when Magus easily kicked his ass and was beating Thanos as well in his classic form. In(I believe it was this comic)warlock cronicles #4 adam beat the crap out of magus in soul world.

K Von Doom
In(I believe it was this comic)warlock cronicles #4 adam beat the crap out of magus in soul world.

Although the 'same' character, I believe the Afro Magus is somewhat different from the Magus in Soul World. For one, isn't Soul World Magus just a spirit, in that he and the Goddess walked through each other.

thanos-prime
afro Magus 8/10
Magus

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Not really. Without a doubt.

Bentley
Are people giving Magus the win?

Good, I like him better.

Yet I have no argument for him winning this whistle

-K-M-
So Magus can beat Great Darkness Darkseid? Oh my this board is just precious.

the ninjak
Originally posted by -K-M-
So Magus can beat Great Darkness Darkseid? Oh my this board is just precious.

Current Magus is still to show his final showings but his ability to escape death astrally and wipe out the Guardians of the Galaxy with a Cosmic Cube with instant tactical response shows that he has what it takes to take down Darkseid in a battle.

With Thanos resurrected barely through his doings Thanos will ultimately put him down.....then again Thanos>>Darkseid. laughing out loud

Magic is the key with Magus...and he knows alll the tricks.
He's the destined ruler of the Marvel Universe in the current universal arc. Current characters barely stand a chance.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by the ninjak
Current Magus is still to show his final showings but his ability to escape death astrally and wipe out the Guardians of the Galaxy with a Cosmic Cube with instant tactical response shows that he has what it takes to take down Darkseid in a battle.

With Thanos resurrected barely through his doings Thanos will ultimately put him down.....then again Thanos>>Darkseid. laughing out loud

He's the destined ruler of the Marvel Universe in the current universal arc. Current characters barely stand a chance.
That was hilarious

Ill make sure to tell my friends you really think that

-K-M-

and? So far you said nothing that changes my mind.

GDS Darkseid absorbed Mordru, one of the most powerful magical user in either Marvel and DC. Magic is not the key

the ninjak
and?
I thought this would get some response.

Magus kicks his arse!

-K-M-
Well arn't you just precious.

the ninjak
Well arn't you just precious.

Happy Dance

Lord_Talron
jack kirby > all

quanchi112
So Magus can beat Great Darkness Darkseid? Oh my this board is just precious. Most don't hold him as the most powerful and it's a future version anyways.

Nihilist
Darksied

-K-M-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Most don't hold him as the most powerful and it's a future version anyways.

A future version that was said not even to be as strong as his past self and is canon to main Darkseid.

Also yeah it's not his most powerful, but the likes of Soulfire is even more spite.

quanchi112
A future version that was said not even to be as strong as his past self and is canon to main Darkseid.

Also yeah it's not his most powerful, but the likes of Soulfire is even more spite. Yes, but we clearly know that darkseid was much more than classic seid. At the time the made a point to suggest he's not even comparable to his younger self but he fell since the 80's.

I tend to see this as Darkseid at his most powerful without any amps such as soulfire.

-K-M-
Yes, but we clearly know that darkseid was much more than classic seid. At the time the made a point to suggest he's not even comparable to his younger self but he fell since the 80's.

I tend to see this as Darkseid at his most powerful without any amps such as soulfire.

Not really, especially due to the reveal of Final Crisis with the "real" Darkseid.

and then in that regard I would say GDS has the best feats

quanchi112
Not really, especially due to the reveal of Final Crisis with the "real" Darkseid.

and then in that regard I would say GDS has the best feats The real darkseid is undebatable for and against so why even argue for or against.

I would agree that gds does seem like darkseid at his best.

Prep-Man
DS.

the ninjak
We'll see what Thanos does to him.

-K-M-
The real darkseid is undebatable for and against so why even argue for or against.

I would agree that gds does seem like darkseid at his best.

I wasn't using Final Crisis DS version, but that would even be more spite here. There are serveral versions of DS that would destroy Magus. Hence, why this board is precious thinking Magus has a chance

quanchi112
I wasn't using Final Crisis DS version, but that would even be more spite here. There are serveral versions of DS that would destroy Magus. Hence, why this board is precious thinking Magus has a chance Without amps? Which ones?

-K-M-
Without amps? Which ones?

GDS Darkseid
Final Crisis Darkseid
Pre-Crisis Darkseid

Then there is Superman/Batman: Generations, Darkseid (DC/Marvel), etc.

Prep-Man
Isn't GDS DS and PC DS the same?

You can also add Soul Fire DS.

quanchi112
GDS Darkseid
Final Crisis Darkseid
Pre-Crisis Darkseid

Then there is Superman/Batman: Generations, Darkseid (DC/Marvel), etc. You really think we can argue for or against fc darkseid?

-K-M-

You can also add Soul Fire DS.

GDS DS was said to be weaker then PC DS

Yeah, but that's an amp. He still would destroy Magus though.

You really think we can argue for or against fc darkseid?

Well considering they said all the Darkseid's prior were just avatars, yeah I could.

quanchi112
GDS DS was said to be weaker then PC DS

Yeah, but that's an amp. He still would destroy Magus though.

Well considering they said all the Darkseid's prior were just avatars, yeah I could. But you don't know what kind of damage physical attacks would have against him. It's all guesswork.

Omega Vision
But you don't know what kind of damage physical attacks would have against him. It's all guesswork.
Real thing>Avatars so we know real DS would be at least a little bit (and more likely A LOT) stronger than any DS we've so far seen on panel. So>>PC DS at his height.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Real thing>Avatars so we know real DS would be at least a little bit (and more likely A LOT) stronger than any DS we've so far seen on panel. So>>PC DS at his height. It's too undebatable since we don't know. That's why I always use classic as it's obvious fc will be ignored anyways in the future.

Omega Vision
It's too undebatable since we don't know. That's why I always use classic as it's obvious fc will be ignored anyways in the future.
What you want to avoid is the fact that its impossible to lowball FC DS (as you have a predilection for) because none of the low showings would apply to him.

Gecko4lif

You can also add Soul Fire DS. same coin

different sides

quanchi112
What you want to avoid is the fact that its impossible to lowball FC DS (as you have a predilection for) because none of the low showings would apply to him. Lowball me? It's not like Batman a normal human got off a shot that mortally wounded him after Morrison criticized other writers for having Batman cause Ds to bleed or anything.

-K-M-
Lowball me? It's not like Batman a normal human got off a shot that mortally wounded him after Morrison criticized other writers for having Batman cause Ds to bleed or anything.

So to counter him with him saying you lowball characters, you bring up an example of lowballing DS?....well I'll be.

quanchi112
So to counter him with him saying you lowball characters, you bring up an example of lowballing DS?....well I'll be. It's fc darkseid so I guess I can't talk of Ds being attacked or harmed at all. Coming from a ds fan it's a shocker we can't discuss others affecting or wounding him. Shocker.

-K-M-
Ok?

quanchi112
Ok? The point is fc Seid is too hard to debate for or against. We needed to see him in actual battle for us to have a better feel of what would affect him and what wouldn't.

-K-M-
The thing is this thread is the strongest incarnation of Darkseid (sans ALE), so not even sure why you brought that example up to be honest.

quanchi112
The thing is this thread is the strongest incarnation of Darkseid (sans ALE), so not even sure why you brought that example up to be honest. Ok.

Gecko4lif
Quan unsuccessfully trolls ds yet again

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Quan unsuccessfully trolls ds yet again I brought it up because I find it kind of odd a writer who criticized other writers for having Batman affecting ds had Batman give him the kill shot.

-K-M-
One writer had Batman make Darkseid bleed with a kick, Morrison had Batman shoot Darkseid with a bullet that can kill New Gods as it's a special metal. Yeah I don't see the comparison. Batman didn't even kill him though.

beast1234
darkseid

quanchi112
One writer had Batman make Darkseid bleed with a kick, Morrison had Batman shoot Darkseid with a bullet that can kill New Gods as it's a special metal. Yeah I don't see the comparison. Batman didn't even kill him though. Yes, I realize they are two completely different things but to have Batman be the one who fatally wounded him after what he said was amusing to me.

the ninjak
One writer had Batman make Darkseid bleed with a kick, Morrison had Batman shoot Darkseid with a bullet that can kill New Gods as it's a special metal. Yeah I don't see the comparison. Batman didn't even kill him though.

Magus flips him into the Fault. heh heh

Prep-Man
Originally posted by beast1234
darkseid

-K-M-
Yes, I realize they are two completely different things but to have Batman be the one who fatally wounded him after what he said was amusing to me.

Why? He said he was pissed off writers made Darkseid job, Morrison didn't make DS job and used Batman in a vastly different scenario. So yeah I don't get it.

Magus flips him into the Fault. heh heh

Hillarious no expression

iceman24567
Darkseid without much effort though the last incarnation of the Magus was uber

quanchi112
Why? He said he was pissed off writers made Darkseid job, Morrison didn't make DS job and used Batman in a vastly different scenario. So yeah I don't get it.

Hillarious no expression I already said it was a different scenario but to use Batman the same character who he criticized others for was pure win.

-K-M-
*facepalm*

quanchi112
*facepalm* I didn't write it.

Omega Vision
I didn't write it.
No but you did write your dumbass posts which are what KM facepalms at.

quanchi112
No but you did write your dumbass posts which are what KM facepalms at. Relax. Batman is smart enough to affect Darkseid whether physically or through a plot device. The moral of the story is that much.

Omega Vision
Relax. Batman is smart enough to affect Darkseid whether physically or through a plot device. The moral of the story is that much.
The moral of the story was if you have an impregnable fortress don't bring the Goddamn Batman inside. uhuh

quanchi112
The moral of the story was if you have an impregnable fortress don't bring the Goddamn Batman inside. uhuh Morrison did not me.

Omega Vision
Morrison did not me.
You're talking to someone who liked Final Crisis, bub. Morrison is my favorite comic book writer.

iceman24567
Omega wasting your time again. Darkseid wins 10/10

Omega Vision
Originally posted by iceman24567
Omega wasting your time again. Darkseid wins 10/10
It's my time to waste. big grin

iceman24567
No it's not get back on the block and make my money stunt no expression

Omega Vision
No it's not get back on the block and make my money stunt no expression
But I thought you said I'd get time off around Easter, daddy Ice. sad

iceman24567
daddy Ice i like it new username ftw smile

Omega Vision
daddy Ice i like it new username ftw smile
It does have a ring to it. Happy Dance

Bentley
I should get a new username myself!

On topic: Why I'm not surprised this lasted 4 pages?

iceman24567
The DS hate is strong thats why even i hate the guy

cdtm
The moral of the story was if you have an impregnable fortress don't bring the Goddamn Batman inside. uhuh

The lesson is, Darkseids hiring practices suck! They didn't even take his utility belt, and left a gun within reach?

the ninjak

The whole point of my argument has been that current Magus shows great tactical ability to gauge his enemy and surroundings, hence his wiping the floor with the GOTG even though they also had a cosmic cube designed to take him down.

If Batman can smack Darkseid with primitive tools.....Magus can do it in spades.

Omega Vision
The whole point of my argument has been that current Magus shows great tactical ability to gauge his enemy and surroundings, hence his wiping the floor with the GOTG even though they also had a cosmic cube designed to take him down.

If Batman can smack Darkseid with primitive tools.....Magus can do it in spades.
Primitive tools? You never read Final Crisis I take it.

the ninjak
Primitive tools? You never read Final Crisis I take it.

Guilty as charged.

Omega Vision
Guilty as charged. It wasn't a "primitive tool". It was a gun firing a Radion bullet. And that was only the first in a long line of actions that broke Darkseid's hold over the Multiverse. Suffice it to say a bunch of plot devices were required to save reality from FC DS.

quanchi112
You're talking to someone who liked Final Crisis, bub. Morrison is my favorite comic book writer. Then don't be upset with me because of what morrison did.

If Batman can smack Darkseid with primitive tools.....Magus can do it in spades. I do think at this point with current Magus is probably too much if he's good enough to fool a cc user and stave off death while weakened.

Omega Vision
Then don't be upset with me because of what morrison did.

I'm "upset" with you because you don't seem to even understand what Morrison did.

quanchi112
I'm "upset" with you because you don't seem to even understand what Morrison did. He still had Batman smart enough to disrupt Darkseid's plans even at his most powerful. The Magus while weakened against a cc was smart enough to fake death.

Black bolt z
If you give magus a year of prep it's spite.Any less then that darkseid 9.7/10 and thats being nice.

Omega Vision
He still had Batman smart enough to disrupt Darkseid's plans even at his most powerful. The Magus while weakened against a cc was smart enough to fake death.
Darkseid was dying, what part don't you get about that? Final Crisis was basically just him trying his best to drag the Multiverse down with him and almost succeeding too. Way beyond the scope of Magus.

Bentley
Magus controlled the multiverse, that's not a scope to laugh at.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bentley
Magus controlled the multiverse, that's not a scope to laugh at. No he never contolled the multiverse.He merged/attempted to destroy 2 universes.Thats not anywhere close to ruling a multiverse which is(I don't know exactly how many universes but it's more then to).

Bentley
No he never contolled the multiverse.He merged/attempted to destroy 2 universes.Thats not anywhere close to ruling a multiverse which is(I don't know exactly how many universes but it's more then to).

But he controlled every time-line until Kang stepped in.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bentley
But he controlled every time-line until Kang stepped in. Kang had nothing to do with it.Kang and doom tried to take the gauntlet b4 it started working and then doom betrayed kang.If I remember kang isn't showed again.

quanchi112
Darkseid was dying, what part don't you get about that? Final Crisis was basically just him trying his best to drag the Multiverse down with him and almost succeeding too. Way beyond the scope of Magus. False. Dragging something down with you isn't that spectacular. Wanting to beat death so to speak in marvel and have life prevail is grander than what Darkseid tried to do.

Omega Vision
False. Dragging something down with you isn't that spectacular. Wanting to beat death so to speak in marvel and have life prevail is grander than what Darkseid tried to do.
Darkseid was also trying to beat death. What are you, retarded? Haven't you listened to a single thing I said? Him dragging the Multiverse down was just the effect of him trying to escape death. erm

quanchi112
Darkseid was also trying to beat death. What are you, retarded? Haven't you listened to a single thing I said? Him dragging the Multiverse down was just the effect of him trying to escape death. erm So trying to beat death and failing is some kind of awesome I can't believe you tried to do that sort of thing? magus is trying to beat death universally which is much more impressive than one fool who is trying to escape death himself.

Omega Vision
So trying to beat death and failing is some kind of awesome I can't believe you tried to do that sort of thing? magus is trying to beat death universally which is much more impressive than one fool who is trying to escape death himself.
You don't get it do you? If Darkseid had succeeded in dragging reality into his soul he would have beaten Death as well as all other concepts.

quanchi112
You don't get it do you? If Darkseid had succeeded in dragging reality into his soul he would have beaten Death as well as all other concepts. He failed though. A human being also threw a wrench in his plans. Superman also soundly defeated him again. The Batman is someone who cannot affect or even hope to prevail against the Magus imo. He's just beyond him.

King Kandy
Kang had nothing to do with it.Kang and doom tried to take the gauntlet b4 it started working and then doom betrayed kang.If I remember kang isn't showed again.
lol he's not talking about infinity war, you do know Magus has come back recently.

the ninjak
Nice to see this debate not being so onesided anymore.

Magus

Bentley
lol he's not talking about infinity war, you do know Magus has come back recently.

Yep, Kang interfered because Magus was a temporal anomaly conquering every-timeline. Guardians of the Galaxy.

Black bolt z
lol he's not talking about infinity war, you do know Magus has come back recently. Oh.lol.
So the arc is called gaurdians of the galaxy?

the ninjak
Oh.lol.
So the arc is called gaurdians of the galaxy?

Oh child.......too much KICKASS!

GOTG is the sickest comic by Marvel out there right now.
And Magus is the current threat.

quanchi112
Oh child.......too much KICKASS!

GOTG is the sickest comic by Marvel out there right now.
And Magus is the current threat. I can't stand the dialogue sometimes in this comic.

the ninjak
I can't stand the dialogue sometimes in this comic.

GOTG's only downfall is the fact that it doesn't get enough pages to express the grand scale of its story.
This results in fights with no feats, and squashed/rushed dialogue.

Marvel need to start making black and white mags like the japanese do to fill plotholes and give us longer more detailed fightscenes.

quanchi112
GOTG's only downfall is the fact that it doesn't get enough pages to express the grand scale of its story.
This results in fights with no feats, and squashed/rushed dialogue.

Marvel need to start making black and white mags like the japanese do to fill plotholes and give us longer more detailed fightscenes. Some o fMagus' lines were absolutely terrible and corny. I do want longer detailed fight scenes. It seems like most fans would agree. I am surprised marvel doesn't give the fans what they want.

Black bolt z
So are you saying it is worth buying or not?

quanchi112
So are you saying it is worth buying or not? Yes, it's just some of the dialogue sucks imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.