Angry Customer Slaps McDonald's Employee for a Fish Sandwich

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
What happens when you keep a customer waiting

In New Jersey, a guy went to a McDonald's and ordered a Filet-O-Fish sandwich in a Drive Thru. He waited so long, he got impatient. To show he wanted his order so badly, he went through the Drive Thru window and slapped an employee (who was working at the window) in the face. After he got his sandwich, he told the employee that he would be waiting for him outside when he's done working. Luckily for him, the pissed off customer drove off and hasn't returned since. Obviously, he got arrested later on for assault.

Wild Shadow
damn right incompetence should be dealt with right there and then.

King Kandy
Gah some psycho... good thing he was caught.

Moscow
The world is sooo bad for him. He had to wait an extra minute or two just to get a nasty heart-killing piece of fried s*it from a massive corporation.

Rogue Jedi
Dh3s5Mp8-Nw

Moscow
laughing out loud Nothing like Pesci to liven the mood

Wild Shadow
dude i know how the dude felt like waiting for his burger.. every time i order a burger i ask for no mustard i am allergic to it.. and just about 9/10 i have to speed it out and start gulping air.. then i have to return the burger while my face is red and tell them it has mustard in it i ask for no mustard....

SLAP!!!

Rogue Jedi
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mo1q_super-troopers-liter-of-cola_fun

Adam_PoE
Video or I don't care if it happened.

Wild Shadow
who me, or rogue jedi?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nemesis X
What happens when you keep a customer waiting

In New Jersey, a guy went to a McDonald's and ordered a Filet-O-Fish sandwich in a Drive Thru. He waited so long, he got impatient. To show he wanted his order so badly, he went through the Drive Thru window and slapped an employee (who was working at the window) in the face. After he got his sandwich, he told the employee that he would be waiting for him outside when he's done working. Luckily for him, the pissed off customer drove off and hasn't returned since. Obviously, he got arrested later on for assault.

too bad this doesn't happen here in cali

Bicnarok

dadudemon

Impediment
Q6L1M8z7Bew

Rogue Jedi
HA!!!! black guy!!!!!!

steverules_2
Don't really get to see the slap

WickedDynamite
Can't blame him...got similar service @ shitty Jack in the Box.

Mc Donalds always good with drive thru....hmm..

steverules_2
Maybe that dude was racist

Rogue Jedi
Maybe he is just a ***** ass nigga.

steverules_2
Oh dear...

The Nuul
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Hey, watch that shit...joking or not.

Blinky
Originally posted by The Nuul
Hey, watch that shit...joking or not.

I laughed...

Rogue Jedi
Hey, watch that shit...joking or not. Sorry. I shoulda said STANK ass.

steverules_2
Oh snap

Rogue Jedi
As if I am actually prejudice, it was a joke, man.

inimalist
words are like bullets

Blinky
Everybody knows that RJ is the Imperial Wizard.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, I am the Rebel court jester. Imperials suck ass.

Blinky
I was talking about the KKK leader, chode.

One Free Man
incompetence must be punished; the customer is always right.

Rogue Jedi
Screw the customer, the customer is always an *******.

Robtard
I've never had a McDonald's fish-sandwich, are they as terrible as their burgers?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
I've never had a McDonald's fish-sandwich, are they as terrible as their burgers?

They make you hit people. wink

Blinky
^C'mon it's fish... from McDonalds.

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
They make you hit people. wink

That was funny.

Shakyamunison
That was funny.

It's one of those side effects (like getting fat) that they don't want to talk about, but now the truth is out. big grin

The Nuul
Mc Fish aint bad.

Symmetric Chaos
The employee should be fired for angering a customer.

The Nuul
No, they probably told him the order will take a few mintues. The customer was just impatient, thats his fault for acting like a moron.

inimalist
No, they probably told him the order will take a few mintues. The customer was just impatient, thats his fault for acting like a moron.

they should have done more to de-escalate the situation

for the money McDonalds pays their employees, they should show better customer service in these situations

Symmetric Chaos

Clearly someone isn't familiar with "at will employment". McDonalds has a moral responsibility to its customers to hire only people who don't make customers angry. This guy needs to go, by delaying the food he initiated force which justifies the customer completely.

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
they should have done more to de-escalate the situation

for the money McDonalds pays their employees, they should show better customer service in these situations

laughing

I wish Bicnarok's story was against an angry customer and not a manager.

The Nuul
Maybe the kitchen ran out of food so he had to wait.

I have worked in 2 restraunts, 3 hotels as a banquet Chef and a Wendys. Restraunts can run out of food.

I guess Mc Donalds trumps this, they know whats best for customer service!

The article doesnt explained what he had to wait so long, People shouldnt be jumping the gun to get this guy fired. Either way the customer is a moron for doing his actions.

Some people are so set on blaming the worker when they dont know the whole story.

Symmetric Chaos

If we start allowing sensible excuses then it isn't long before we start accept excuses in the "I didn't feel like it" vein. It's very simple, when I enter a place of business I expect to have a beaten down drone that will take any risk to get me what I am entitled to.

inimalist

I have worked in 2 restraunts, 3 hotels as a banquet Chef and a Wendys. Restraunts can run out of food.

none of this is the problem of the customer. In fact, it places more culpability on the establishment. The guy should have slapped every person working on the line for, as a team, failing in the sole thing for which they are being paid.

I guess Mc Donalds trumps this, they know best for customer service!

indeed they do. They pay wages to people to ensure that their customers are satisfied when they leave the store. The damage from this potentially costs the company business. The employee failed to provide the serive the customer paid for and the service McDonalds pays them for.

Some people are so set on blaming the worker when they dont know the whole story.

McDonalds company policy is the customer is always right.

Internal consistancy means the customer is right

The Nuul
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If we start allowing sensible excuses then it isn't long before we start accept excuses in the "I didn't feel like it" vein. It's very simple, when I enter a place of business I expect to have a beaten down drone that will take any risk to get me what I am entitled to.

Good for you!

The Nuul
So, the next time its ok for the customer to open up a AK 47 on them according to some of you guys! just because they made him wait, should the law forgive him for his actions also?

inimalist
So, the next time its ok for the customer to open up a AK 47 on them according to some of you guys! just because they made him wait, should the law forgive him for his actions also?

well, what about the law with regard to the expectations of the customer. Does he have no recourse if he is not getting service worth his money?

The Nuul
Where you guys go they better have robots serving you guys this way no mistakes are made and hopefully the power doesnt get shut off or the robots get a virus. Workers are people, at times they make mistakes.

inimalist
Where you guys go they better have robots serving you guys this way no mistakes are made and hopefully the power doesnt get shut off or the robots get a virus. Workers are people, at times they make mistakes.

and when they do, as a customer, I am contractually obliged to get my money's worth

their inefficacy is not the problem of the customer, as excuseable as you might think it is

The Nuul
Enjoy yourself in your perfect little world.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
well, what about the law with regard to the expectations of the customer. Does he have no recourse if he is not getting service worth his money?

Ya, you can fill out a complaint form.

The Nuul

There you go, they have this for all the people who want to b!tch that they got 1 pickle instead of 3 on their burger.

inimalist
Enjoy yourself in your perfect little world.

(something explicit regarding the horse you rode in on)

*wank*

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by One Free Man
incompetence must be punished; the customer is always right.

I agree...however, always right has been change to customer comes first.

Symmetric Chaos
Workers are people, at times they make mistakes.

And they must be harshly punished for it, otherwise we're letting the unions win.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
otherwise we're letting the unions win.

psGDCMnDnCM

There is a man

a certain man

and for the poor

you can be sure

he will do all he can

Rogue Jedi
I've never had a McDonald's fish-sandwich, are they as terrible as their burgers? The burgers are excellent, the fish is ew.

Robtard
The burgers are excellent, the fish is ew.

Fast-food burgers are generally shit, but but McDonald's is the shittiest of shit burgers. /fact

Rogue Jedi
Fast-food burgers are generally shit, but but McDonald's is the shittiest of shit burgers. /fact Nah. They have good fries too.

Nemesis X
Nah. They have good fries too.

That's true.

dadudemon
Fast-food burgers are generally shit, but but McDonald's is the shittiest of shit burgers. /fact

I like McDonald's burgers.

I like Carl's Jr. Burgers more.

McDonald's, depending on my mood, can make a rated 7 burger. Carl's Junior, an 8.5.

The best burger I have ever had: I don't remember.

Wild Shadow
i like burger kings burgers and carls jr burgers.. the only burgers i eat at Micky D's is plain Cheese burgers..

Impediment
I hate McDonald's.

Jack-in-the-Box has THE best fries.

F*ck Burger King.

Wild Shadow
i love the Philly cheese steak at jack in the box

Nemesis X
I love the Quarter Pounder at McDonald's minus the onions.

Moscow
I used to work at a McDonalds. Anybody want to know how we prepared these tasty meals you all keep talking about?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Moscow
I used to work at a McDonalds. Anybody want to know how we prepared these tasty meals you all keep talking about? Sure, go ahead.

Moscow
Originally posted by Bardock42
Sure, go ahead. laughing out loud

The fish filets and the fries were cooked in the same vat. You're supposed to clean the oil every night, but we just let the oil sit there for a week... maybe a week and a half. Y'know until it's as black as tar. Then we sorta clean it.

We wait until there's a thick ring of sludge around the milkshake tub until we clean it.

We don't have to wear gloves, unlike Subway. So if that quarter pounder has some extra hairs or boogers in it...well, that's just a part of our secret recipe.

If a rag drops on the floor, we pick it up and wipe the table with it and then place it right next to the buns.

Some dude wasn't granted a restroom break because it was busy, so he went and pissed in the handwash sink.

I'll think of more as it comes to me

Nemesis X
laughing out loud

The fish filets and the fries were cooked in the same vat. You're supposed to clean the oil every night, but we just let the oil sit there for a week... maybe a week and a half. Y'know until it's as black as tar. Then we sorta clean it.

We wait until there's a thick ring of sludge around the milkshake tub until we clean it.

We don't have to wear gloves, unlike Subway. So if that quarter pounder has some extra hairs or boogers in it...well, that's just a part of our secret recipe.

If a rag drops on the floor, we pick it up and wipe the table with it and then place it right next to the buns.

Some dude wasn't granted a restroom break because it was busy, so he went and pissed in the handwash sink.

WTF?!

Moscow
The reason why fast food = s*it food

dadudemon
laughing out loud

We used the same oil for about 3 weeks. However, we had strictly separate oil for the fries, fish, and crispy chicken. We never mixed and it was a very big deal that they be kept separate.

We cleaned all of those items every night. The dishwasher had the hardest "closing" job.

We didn't have to wear gloves but we had to wear hats, could NOT have facial hair, and the ladies had the wear their hair up. If the ladies could not keep their hair up all the way packed in, they had to wear hair nets. We had to wash our hands about every 30 minutes, if we were on any food station. We had hand sanitizer right next to side A and side B, as well. If we touched anything other than food, we were supposed to wash our hands. (Scratch your face, wash. Scratch ANYTHING, wash. Touch your shirt, wash. And so forth.)

Gross. We had these disposable rags that would only be used for 24 hours or less. The night shift had to throw them all away, but they were fairly heavy duty.

That's not too bad as it's not really that dirty and it all goes down the drain, anyway.

The most disgusting thing I ever experienced while working for McDonald's was cleaning out the drain for the massive in floor sink that was next to the dish-washing sink. It had a little spray nozzle thing that came down from the ceiling. Well, the drain got nasty nasty nasty every 3 months, so someone had to clean it. It smelled soooo bad.

We all kept very clean and we made our food fast and clean. It was also one of the busiest McDonald's in the region, so we had no choice but to have really high standards.

Brag moment: I was the fastest burger maker in the region, and second fastest fry maker in the region (My assistant manager got one and a half more baskets of fries in 30 minutes, than I got.) Our regional manager would come by to each store, and have a semi-formal competition. He would do it on nights the highschool baseball players would come by, so we could get tons of work and pressure. I was ****in' machine with those burgers and fries. I could do the entire side A and fries, during lunch rush. I also kept my station clean. mad

Moscow
Originally posted by dadudemon

We used the same oil for about 3 weeks. However, we had strictly separate oil for the fries, fish, and crispy chicken. We never mixed and it was a very big deal that they be kept separate.

We had separate slots, but it was all the same vat. And...3 weeks is pretty nasty.. it probably must've smelled when you finally went to clean it.

We cleaned all of those items every night. The dishwasher had the hardest "closing" job.

Hell, half the time the milkshake machine broke down because no one came to clean it. I think, like, 5 times a month a repairman or repair-lady had to come in and fix it. Oh...we didn't have a dishwasher person. McDonalds claimed they didn't have the cash to freely hire one.

We didn't have to wear gloves but we had to wear hats, could NOT have facial hair, and the ladies had the wear their hair up. If the ladies could not keep their hair up all the way packed in, they had to wear hair nets. We had to wash our hands about every 30 minutes, if we were on any food station. We had hand sanitizer right next to side A and side B, as well. If we touched anything other than food, we were supposed to wash our hands. (Scratch your face, wash. Scratch ANYTHING, wash. Touch your shirt, wash. And so forth.)

Yeah, they only used that requirement whenever the inspector came in-- which was once a month. So, the other 29 or 30 days, it was a "party Happy Dance" so to speak. And, we didn't have all that sanitizer dispensers either. Our sanitizers were our shirt sleeves.

Gross. We had these disposable rags that would only be used for 24 hours or less. The night shift had to throw them all away, but they were fairly heavy duty.

Gross nothing. Just think a high school gym locker room when you think of our towels laughing Disposable towels? What disposable towels? laughing

That's not too bad as it's not really that dirty and it all goes down the drain, anyway.

I forgot to mention the handwash sink was right next to the sandwich table and in full view of the customers.

The most disgusting thing I ever experienced while working for McDonald's was cleaning out the drain for the massive in floor sink that was next to the dish-washing sink. It had a little spray nozzle thing that came down from the ceiling. Well, the drain got nasty nasty nasty every 3 months, so someone had to clean it. It smelled soooo bad.

We all kept very clean and we made our food fast and clean. It was also one of the busiest McDonald's in the region, so we had no choice but to have really high standards.

Brag moment: I was the fastest burger maker in the region, and second fastest fry maker in the region (My assistant manager got one and a half more baskets of fries in 30 minutes, than I got.) Our regional manager would come by to each store, and have a semi-formal competition. He would do it on nights the highschool baseball players would come by, so we could get tons of work and pressure. I was ****in' machine with those burgers and fries. I could do the entire side A and fries, during lunch rush. I also kept my station clean. mad

Mm...yeah.. cleaning out that in-floor sink was always my "favorite" chore. That and cleaning the grease dumpster out at the back of the store. Awesome times sick

Yeah, my store was quite busy, too being on (well, near) the beach. Our little spot off the Gulf of Mexico was quite a touristy destination, so a lot of snowbirds and other apes*its always use to come down here. My managers always used to preach the book on making our times faster and faster. It's quite unfortunate that we trumped safety for economy.

I think the fastest time one of our regional workers made a burger from the time it was ordered to being placed in the Landing Zone was something like ten to twelve seconds. I didn't give a damn, I just made the thing.

laughing out loud I sometimes feel sorry for the customers that came in when I made their burgers. Heh, heh. If they didn't have cankles I might physically go up and apologize to them, but then I remember that it was just a burger and their bodies would naturally attempt to eradicate the harmful material that had entered them in some form of fashion: sickness, diarrhea, death, etc.

When you're getting paid $7.25 and hour and serving people who make $72.50 an hour why the hell should anyone care about your feelings as a McDonald's worker anyhow? I say, crap on the already crap-filled hamburger meat. It'll show those bastard customers some true character building.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe he wanted a damn liter of cola.

Nemesis X
Our little spot off the Gulf of Mexico

No wonder your service sucks.

Moscow
No wonder your service sucks.

laughing out loud Maybe the fish filets would taste better if we had a shop out on a boat in the Gulf.

No, if you want to know exactly, I worked in Destin.

Nemesis X
Imo, I don't think that employee deserved a slap to the face for making somebody impatient. That usually happens a lot but if you see them chatting with their friends after you tell them what you want and doesn't bother to get the food for ya, then yeah, he deserves a slap.

I don't give a crap if he was talking to his friends about some "important" movie, I wanted my friggin whopper!

Moscow
Imo, I don't think that employee deserved a slap to the face for making somebody impatient. That usually happens a lot but if you see them chatting with their friends after you tell them what you want and doesn't bother to get the food for ya, then yeah, he deserves a slap.

I don't give a crap if he was talking to his friends about some "important" movie, I wanted my friggin whopper!

Gotta worry about what they'd do to your whopper after you tell them to hurry up if they dawdle around talking about movies or some other bulls*it garbage

botankus
What people who've never worked in restaurants don't realize is that most times when you have to wait for food, it's not the server's fault, but the people behind him (wheel, cook, prep, etc...).

But then again, they're not there to analyze the logistics of food service. They're there to stuff their fat faces, so I digress.

Bardock42
Man, there's a lot of customer hate here....

Rogue Jedi
Customers are generally assholes, B.

Wild Shadow
yp-41qSBmGI&feature=related

JK5f27g-Sak&feature=related

The Nuul
Harveys is where its at! the best fast food burger.

Shakyamunison
Harveys is where its at! the best fast food burger.

...and a funny movie.

Bicnarok

Shakyamunison

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.