Who would you choose to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Once Christian Bale is done who would be a good choice in your opinion to play batman/Wayne? Plus say why smile

BruceSkywalker
providing Bale doesn't not return after Batman 3, at this moment I am unsure but perhaps Sam Worthington to start

Myth
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
providing Bale doesn't not return after Batman 3, at this moment I am unsure but perhaps Sam Worthington to start

I have not been impressed by any of his roles.

Though, I can't really think of anybody at the moment that I'd want. I'd rather go for good or lower key actor rather than a known action star. Maybe Timothy Olyphant? Edward Norton (even though he has already played Hulk, I imagine him doing a good job as Bruce Wayne, but not as much Batman)? Sam Rockwell? Guy Pierce?

I know not all of those guys are perfect, but they at least don't come across like robots on the screen.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Oh **** no.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Myth
I have not been impressed by any of his roles.

Though, I can't really think of anybody at the moment that I'd want. I'd rather go for good or lower key actor rather than a known action star. Maybe Timothy Olyphant? Edward Norton (even though he has already played Hulk, I imagine him doing a good job as Bruce Wayne, but not as much Batman)? Sam Rockwell? Guy Pierce?

I know not all of those guys are perfect, but they at least don't come across like robots on the screen.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Oh **** no.

i just said Worthington because he was at the top of my head, besides i think it will be some time before Warner Bros/DC bring back Batman once Bale is done.. I am not sure who will play Batman/Wayne afterward

steverules_2
Is Sam the guy who was in terminator 4/Avatar/COTT

Kazenji
Yes

steverules_2
Hmmm, good actor but don't see him as batman/Wayne

Mr Parker
If Bale hangs it up after Batman 3 Nolan should as well and end it as a trilogy.Dont want to make the same mistake Stallone did with the rocky movies where he should have done the wise thing and ended it as a trilogy with the first three great films but chose to go on and gave us those crapfest films Rocky 4 and Rocky 5.Different circumstances here since Stallone still played Rocky but the same principal,quit wheile your ahead.

It would be wise to end it right there as a trilogy if Bale hung it up after Batman 3 because as of now,Bale is the one and ONLY true Bruce Wayne/Batman to have played the role since he is the only actor who was great in BOTH roles of Bruce Wayne AND Batman.So hang it up at that point and maybe restart it again 20 years later like they did with Batman Begins with a different actor then at that point.If you try to continue it without Bale,it just wouldnt work cause Bale had the luxury of not having to fill the shoes of anybody since none of the other actors that played Batman were great in both roles where since he was great in both roles,the next actor would really have their work cut out for them trying to fill those big shoes of Bales and they would have a really hard time measuring up to his great performance he gave.

steverules_2
I like Rocky 4...

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Myth
Maybe Timothy Olyphant? I like Olyphant, but come on now. No resemblance what so ever.

Myth
I never said he would be great. In fact, I said, "I can't really think of anybody at the moment that I'd want." Then I proceeded to think of some of the guys that were decent options, but I still don't believe any of those guys are right for the role.

BruceSkywalker
also since Batman 4 is at least 5 years away it stands to reason that WB will give Bale every opportunity to return

Mr Parker
Originally posted by steverules_2
I like Rocky 4...

uh that movie was a joke and disgraced the rocky franchise.rocky would have died just like appollo did if it had been real.He never would have lasted 10 rounds and been able to take that punishment.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Mr Parker
uh that movie was a joke and disgraced the rocky franchise.rocky would have died just like appollo did if it had been real.He never would have lasted 10 rounds and been able to take that punishment.

Lol if rocky was real he woulda died in the 1st/2nd movie, he took waaaaay more punishment there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.