Nova vs Starman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Who wins?

which Starman. if current I think Nova takes it.

Prep-Man
The one who can open blackholes and control your weight.

dmills
Don't know much about Star-Man. He has some form of gravity manipulation I'm assuming?

celeyhyga17
The one who can open blackholes and control your weight.

Nova has the powerset to counter him. Nova is all about manipulating gravity. His interstellar travel abilities should give him no problems in dealing with black holes. I also think Starman is lacking in offensive abilities when compared to current Nova.

Nova should take this at least 7/10

Prep-Man
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Nova has the powerset to counter him. Nova is all about manipulating gravity. His interstellar travel abilities should give him no problems in dealing with black holes. I also think Starman is lacking in offensive abilities when compared to current Nova.

Nova should take this at least 7/10

Starman isn't about controlling gravity, though. When has nova went through a black hole?

celeyhyga17
Starman isn't about controlling gravity, though. When has nova went through a black hole?

aww man I'm not 100% sure, but now you're gonna make me look over some issues. >=(

does making a jumpgate allow one to escape black holes? lol.... I'm not a scientist.

dmills
He did fly head on into a neutron star at light speed and survived just fine. He followed that up with a trip into the rip, where time and space are literally ripped apart. He was just fine.

Prep-Man
aww man I'm not 100% sure, but now you're gonna make me look over some issues. >=(

does making a jumpgate allow one to escape black holes? lol.... I'm not a scientist.

Doesn't matter, IMO. Starman can draw mass from stars and place it in any object. I don't think Nova's gravity powers will have any effect on that.

celeyhyga17
Doesn't matter, IMO. Starman can draw mass from stars and place it in any object. I don't think Nova's gravity powers will have any effect on that.

His brother who is part of the Nova Corps was able to keep Xenith pinned down for quite a while with "gravimetric" force. Xenith is Gladiator's cousin. It takes a considerable amount of force to hold down a Stronthian. What was even more impressive was hit brother has maybe 1/10,000 of Nova's gravity powers. Probably even less. I know this doesn't quite counter Starman's mass manipulating powers, but it gives an idea of how powerful Nova's gravity based powers are.

Prep-Man
His brother who is part of the Nova Corps was able to keep Xenith pinned down for quite a while with "gravimetric" force. Xenith is Gladiator's cousin. It takes a considerable amount of force to hold down a Stronthian. What was even more impressive was hit brother has maybe 1/10,000 of Nova's gravity powers. Probably even less. I know this doesn't quite counter Starman's mass manipulating powers, but it gives an idea of how powerful Nova's gravity based powers are.

Starman (Starboy if his feats are counted) was able to do the same to Superboy and can affect weightless objects as well. He has even manipulate space ships through powerful currents that would have torn them to shreds if Thom wasn't there.

How fast is Nova, BTW?

celeyhyga17
Starman (Starboy if his feats are counted) was able to do the same to Superboy and can affect weightless objects as well. He has even manipulate space ships through powerful currents that would have torn them to shreds if Thom wasn't there.

How fast is Nova, BTW?

warp speed. he alsos uses "hyperspatial" stargate portals to travel as well.

this info is taken from a Nova annual "Origing of Richard Rider"
one shot.

dmills
IIRC he was clocked at around 7 times the speed of light under his own power. His control over gravity is so precise that he can manipulate individual grains of sand. He can manipulate stars as well.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
IIRC he was clocked at around 7 times the speed of light under his own power. His control over gravity is so precise that he can manipulate individual grains of sand. He can manipulate stars as well.

yeah he travels at "superluminal" speeds. dunno much about that, but i know it's faster than light.

Prep-Man
So, both can manipulate gravity and Starman can manipulate his weight by drawing power from stars. I say this is a good one.

celeyhyga17
So, both can manipulate gravity and Starman can manipulate his weight by drawing power from stars. I say this is a good one.

Is current Starman still crazy? I haven't read JSA consistently in about a year or so. Only bits and pieces. I remember he was quite mad up to or around issue 20 something.

Prep-Man
Is current Starman still crazy? I haven't read JSA consistently in about a year or so. Only bits and pieces. I remember he was quite mad up to or around issue 20 something.

Yeah, but I'm also using his PC feats. Not much to go on for the current Thom.

celeyhyga17
Yeah, but I'm also using his PC feats. Not much to go on for the current Thom.

oh wait a sec. PC starman was pretty powerful. i thought it was current only. im confused now since there have been a bunch of starmans like Jack Knight with the staff.

Prep-Man
oh wait a sec. PC starman was pretty powerful. i thought it was current only. im confused now since there have been a bunch of starmans like Jack Knight with the staff.

Nah, I'm not too familiar with that one.

Doctor-Alvis
Yeah... the only Starman I know is Jack Knight. Well, him and all the other Starmen that went on adventures with Jack.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.