Travis Touchdown vs. Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Travis is out of money for videogames and the Assassins Association doesn't have any hit jobs for him to do. Travis notices an elf with lots of rupees. He wants them but Link says no. Now the two wanna fight eachother over the rupees.

Travis is from NMH1 and has the Beam Katana (which is fully charged and requires neither batteries nor recharging) in this match. Link is from Twilight Princess and has only the Master Sword, nothing else.

In case nobody knows how well Travis fights, this is him battling Helter Skelter:
wCr3zvDh7K0

Who will win this fight, the Otaku Assassin or the Hero of Hyrule?

FinalAnswer
Link because Travis' voice pisses me off.

ScreamPaste
1. Stop making Link threads.
2. Link.

First_Tsurugi06
In sheer swordsmanship, Travis curbs this fight against pretty much any Link. Faster by feats (not even counting his Darkside mode powers which, among other things, slows down time, and making him faster), better reaction speed (casual bullet-timer), as well as agility (can jump a good several hundred yards in the air), and has a wholly higher default damage soak.

ScreamPaste
Faster =/= more skilled. Mortal draw. /thread.

First_Tsurugi06
Dark Step >>> Mortal Draw.

ScreamPaste
Nah. Mortal Draw ftw.

First_Tsurugi06
Instead of going with your first instinct, try a little research onto what it actually is. Aside from the fact that it has Travis being able to counter after any move (coupled with his superior reaction speed, and the fact that the Mortal Draw CAN be blocked by the likes of oversized lizards and bulky knights), he also moves so fast to the point that his enemies are virtually slowed down in time. Hell, Link's Great Spin doesn't even hold a candle to Travis' Gooseberry Sugar Donut.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Instead of going with your first instinct, try a little research onto what it actually is. Aside from the fact that it has Travis being able to counter after any move (coupled with his superior reaction speed, and the fact that the Mortal Draw CAN be blocked by the likes of oversized lizards and bulky knights), he also moves so fast to the point that his enemies are virtually slowed down in time. Hell, Link's Great Spin doesn't even hold a candle to Travis' Gooseberry Sugar Donut. I lol'd, I love NMH no expression "Do a little research".. Yeah.

No. Nothing in TP can block the mortal draw, btw, go try again.

And nah. To be perfectly honest, things like Dark Link, who admittedly isn't in TP, but I'm bringing him up anyway, embarrass Travis in terms of a straight up sword fight. I'll call it slightly relevant though, because TP Link was trained by the d00d what beat Dark Link.

But in the end, it comes down to: Beam Katana's can be blocked, he's not gonna hurt Link, and Link can swing his sword in 0.003 of a second, and has the mortal draw. To compound things, Travis is extremely dull-witted. The mortal draw would rape him. erm

First_Tsurugi06
Dinalfos and Darknuts block the Mortal Draw practically by default first of all (as well as moves like the Back Slice) erm

And no, there are assassins who Travis fights that piss on even your speculative estimates of feats of characters that were equally featless by comparison to what's in NMH and NMH2. Shinobu, for example, even in the first game was fast enough attack at speeds so fast that she essentially made after-images doing the same thing. In NMH2 she's so fast that she can draw her sword and slice of a cyborg's hand while shaking it with the other before they can either notice or unleash their cheap shot. Hell, Shinobu would own Link in a swordfight too. Don't get me started on Henry who's at least equal to Travis. What the beam katana can cut through doesn't matter for Link, as he'll have been dismembered before he can reach his handle to even execute the Mortal Draw.

And if by dull-witted, you mean alert enough to block bullets on a casual basis, slice with percision that he can decapitate someone so cleanly that their head lands right back on thier shoulders and they can stay alive as if it weren't even cut off, swing his sword at speeds that leave the victims caught in it a bunch of finely cut pieces, and dodge a satellite-launched laser aimed directly at him, then sure, 'dull'. Travis being a crude, nerdy, foul-mouthed pissant (I love that guy) =/= dull wit.

MooCowofJustice
Did you play the same Twilight Princess I did?

First_Tsurugi06
I have a feeling I didn't. I bought the ordinary commercialized one developed by Nintendo and sold at local electronics stores since 2006 as opposed to the hyperbole black market where you lollovelink people seemed to have gotten yours.

MooCowofJustice
I got mine at a Wal-Mart. Sooo...yeah...

ScreamPaste
No, they do not. no expression I suggest you go play again. I used to beat the cave of ordeals by abusing this little trick.

Lol? Nah, man. no expression Hell, Majora left after images, and a ten year old Link without any amps could keep up with him. Also, the beam katana can be blocked with Baseball bats, GJ. He's not cutting Link with it.

Reaction time =/= wits. The guy, awesome as he is, is a dumbass. Wouldn't anticipate the strike.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Dinalfos and Darknuts block the Mortal Draw practically by default first of all (as well as moves like the Back Slice) erm

You are doing it wrong wink. Both Dinalfos and Darknuts can die from a Mortal Draw.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Hell, Majora left after images, and a ten year old Link without any amps could keep up with him.

You forget that Majora's Incarnation is an idiot. While he/she is pretty fast, he/she fools around doing dances. He/she begs to be hit. If he/she was smart, he/she would be untouchable by Young Link unless if he goes Fierce Deity.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
You forget that Majora's Incarnation is an idiot. While he/she is pretty fast, he/she fools around doing dances. He/she begs to be hit. If he/she was smart, he/she would be untouchable by Young Link unless if he goes Fierce Deity.

You underestimate Young Link.

Phanteros
Originally posted by LLLLLink
You underestimate Young Link. You overestimate Link.

BloodRain
For the sake of sakeness anyone mind giving Travis' feats?

ScreamPaste
Can survive hand grenades shown to blow someone's head clean off, and is pretty fast, not particularly strong, dull-witted as hell, and a total jackass, but reacts quickly to things he knows are coming.

IE, can block/dodge bullets, but gets surprise buttsecksed by a crotch gun. Yeah.

BloodRain
Faster but weaker then Link. Damage sponge and bulletime reactions. Being dull-witted got him to the rank he is now.. not enough to make a decision. Looks like Link so far.

First_Tsurugi06
No, they do not. no expression I suggest you go play again. I used to beat the cave of ordeals by abusing this little trick.

Yeah they do no expression Helm Splitter works better on either one of them anyway (at least during the first phase of a Darknut Fight).

Shinobu was still faster anyway. Not only that, but MI hardly even attacked at all in the first place. And the Beam Katana can also cut through a twenty foot tall robot that can cause earthquakes in a giant stadium. Link won't even land a hit before he's slashed apart from all sides.

Being able to anticipate bullets >>> anticipating a strike by a kid who's best reaction time was gameplay-based and involved arrows by grunts with the accuracy of a storm trooper doing the Jersey Shore Guido Fist Pump with the same hand with which he's shooting the laser all the while riding in circles on a skateboard. And honestly, it's not like Link is the archetypal mastermind of the gaming medium. If anything, he's worse than Travis.

Yeah, forget that he was already on the floor in a semi-concious state from having been shocked by a spark that fatally effected the other bodies before, after which he was sent into the air by a ground-crumbling punch, knocked into a wall and bounced back from it by twin laser beams, which THEN had him getting blown away by a 'crotch gun'. And let's just play along and completely disregard the fact that he got back up unscathed and that Link is both more durable and more capable of dishing out damage to that level with a sword alone...

Nah...I don't think I will. Travis still wins, and curb-stompingly so.

Heythere,Honey
From what people have posted, I say Travis has a pretty good chance at winning, but I can't really tell until I've played a No More Heroes game.

Nephthys
Travis blitzes Link fairly easily on his way to the garden of madness.

First_Tsurugi06
Hell, just on his way to the crapper.

linkownsyousobs
I'm not really going to be a part of this thread because I've never played a No More Heroes game, but I want to now. I looks bad ass.

Scream, I suggest you play TP a little more, your wrong. I know for a FACT that the Mortal Draw can be deflected by some enemies, like Dinalfos and Darknuts, because they've blocked me using it when I was in Gannon's Castle.

First_Tsurugi06 is right. They are easily blocked by them, and the Helm Splitter was a better move against them because that was the move I used to kill them, they kept blocking the Mortal Draw.

But as for who would win? Idk, I' have to play NMH before I could form an opinion. What platform is it for? When did it come out? But from what I've hear of him doing, and from looking at that cutscene at the beginning of the thread. I'd say Link would have one hell of a time fighting Travis.

BloodRain
Can someone that's played it be nice and show us some of his skills and feats..

ScreamPaste
You've already seen all of his feats. That's all he's got, other than surviving grenades and a crotch laser, anyway.

His beam katana can be blocked by a baseball bat, he cannot win.

GrieverSquall
That Travis guy seems really strong, I guess he takes it.
By the way, that game is for Playstation 2 or something...?

Bro SMASH
If you're talking about No More Heroes, it's for the Wii in the US (though it's also on the PS3 and 360 in Japan). The sequel No More Heroes 2, is Wii exclusive period.

GrieverSquall
Got it, thanks for the info, mate.

Bro SMASH
No problem, man.

linkownsyousobs
You've already seen all of his feats. That's all he's got, other than surviving grenades and a crotch laser, anyway.

Link's sword was blocked by Dinalfos and Darknuts when he used Mortal Draw...... your point?

First_Tsurugi06

Which all speak better than what Link has taken head on soak-wise.

And I doubt he's seen 0:30 here (proof on its own that Travis is a better/faster swordsman than every Link combined)
VvsX-lf9P_A

or 7:45 here (one display of physical skill that makes WW's finisher on Ganondorf look like leapfrog), which by indication of his voice, was casually executed.
9HmurhTYkZk

And Link can be knocked out cold by a club to the head, he won't see Travis coming.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
Link's sword was blocked by Dinalfos and Darknuts when he used Mortal Draw...... your point? Play teh game again. Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Which all speak better than what Link has taken head on soak-wise.

And I doubt he's seen 0:30 here (proof on its own that Travis is a better/faster swordsman than every Link combined)
VvsX-lf9P_A

or 7:45 here (one display of physical skill that makes WW's finisher on Ganondorf look like leapfrog), which by indication of his voice, was casually executed.
9HmurhTYkZk

And Link can be knocked out cold by a club to the head, he won't see Travis coming. 1. This thread is NMH1 Travis, so, GJ. Not that this really helps at all. Travis' katana still can be stopped and Link's sitting on 0.02 or less swording speed.
2. PIS. Throughout the game Link endures far, far worse without a scratch.

Link > Wood.

linkownsyousobs
Play teh game again.
Scream, I suggest you play TP a little more, your wrong. I know for a FACT that the Mortal Draw can be deflected by some enemies, like Dinalfos and Darknuts, because they've blocked me using it when I was in Gannon's Castle.

First_Tsurugi06 is right. They are easily blocked by them, and the Helm Splitter was a better move against them because that was the move I used to kill them, they kept blocking the Mortal Draw.

I still play it.... First_Tsurugi06 is right. Why don't you play it again?

ScreamPaste
I still play it.... First_Tsurugi06 is right. Why don't you play it again? Because it cannot be blocked, not by Ganon, not by darknuts, not by King Bulbin. no expression IT even says there's no defense for it in it's canon description by the Hero's Shade himself.

BloodRain
Hmm.. the mortal draw works by attacking just before the enemy does. However if the enemy moves as fast as Travis can, he'd hit before the draw.

Note- how much damage would have to be dealt to take him down anyway?

ScreamPaste
Actually it works on being unexpected and hitting the enemy when they go to attack, which is perfectly within Link's capability.

And who, Link, or Travis? Travis would need to be hit with something more powerful than grenades/crotch lasters, which Link has in spades, his arms. Link? Well, he can stop rolling rocks without being crushed, and stop Ganondorf in a sword lock, so. You'd need something like a freight train. cool

BloodRain
Way I see it, Travis's speed + bullet timer > Mortal Draw /shrugs

Hold on, those two involve more strength feats then durability. Im talking plain how much he's been hit by. Travis seems to have v.good resistance for his speed.

ScreamPaste
You can be as strong as the hulk, but unless you're suitably durable, when I roll a Goron at you, it'll crush you. They're not one or the other, but both. no expression

linkownsyousobs
Because it cannot be blocked, not by Ganon, not by darknuts, not by King Bulbin. no expression IT even says there's no defense for it in it's canon description by the Hero's Shade himself.

I know what IT says... I've gotten all of the scrolls, but I am telling you...they can block it.

It pissed me off when it happened probably just as bad as it annoys you that I said it can. Mortal Draw was one of my fav. moves just because it says it couldn't be blocked, but when I hit them with it, they blocked it

Whether you believe me, or not, it's true. I've seen it happen.

Sin_Volvagia
Play teh game again. 1. This thread is NMH1 Travis, so, GJ. Not that this really helps at all. Travis' katana still can be stopped and Link's sitting on 0.02 or less swording speed.
2. PIS. Throughout the game Link endures far, far worse without a scratch.

Link > Wood.

This is why I can't take you seriously. I've never played No More Heroes and played 6 Zelda games and what Travis has done is way more impressive than anything I've seen from 4 generations of Link.

ScreamPaste
This is why I can't take you seriously. I've never played No More Heroes and played 6 Zelda games and what Travis has done is way more impressive than anything I've seen from 4 generations of Link. Conversely, you consistently state opinions with nothing to back them up.

Sin_Volvagia
Conversely, you consistently state opinions with nothing to back them up.

And you do?

ScreamPaste
I do. For example, a little bit above, I posted examples that support my argument.

Sin_Volvagia
I do. For example, a little bit above, I posted examples that support my argument.

And they're usually ridiculous things like Young Link going supersonic speeds, surviving a moon explosion, and Dark Link jumping on bullets (which still makes me laugh).

ScreamPaste
They're only ridiculous to you because you refuse to accept them as logical, which they are. Dark Link has the reaction time to casually bullet time. Those are the numbers.

Sin_Volvagia
They're only ridiculous to you because you refuse to accept them as logical, which they are. Dark Link has the reaction time to casually bullet time. Those are the numbers.

laughing laughing

ScreamPaste
Counter argument? I see none.

Sin_Volvagia
Counter argument? I see none.

You're using gameplay mechanics. I could say Duke Nukem runs faster anti-gravity vehicles, resist lava better than Wesker, and resist a point-blank grenade shot by using the same logic.

ScreamPaste
You're using gameplay mechanics. I could say Duke Nukem runs faster anti-gravity vehicles, resist lava better than Wesker, and resist a point-blank grenade shot by using the same logic. I'm not using gameplay mechanics at all. no expression A gameplay mechnic is how much damage he does, ect, backflipping onto a sword? Not a gameplay mechanic. Nice try though.

Sin_Volvagia
I'm not using gameplay mechanics at all. no expression A gameplay mechnic is how much damage he does, ect, backflipping onto a sword? Not a gameplay mechanic. Nice try though.

Backflipping onto a sword while making Link stand still doesn't equal jumping on bullets.

In that case, the Blade of Olympus is a planet buster because it can kill gods which cause global disasters when they die.

ScreamPaste
Backflipping onto a sword while making Link stand still doesn't equal jumping on bullets.

In that case, the Blade of Olympus is a planet buster because it can kill gods which cause global disasters when they die. ... mariofacepalm

Doing that requires him to jump on something in less than 0.02 seconds. That is fast enough for him to backflip onto a bullet. You understand, yes?

Sin_Volvagia
... mariofacepalm

Doing that requires him to jump on something in less than 0.02 seconds. That is fast enough for him to backflip onto a bullet. You understand, yes?

Gameplay mechanics laughing laughing laughing laughing

ScreamPaste
Gameplay mechanics laughing laughing laughing laughing That isn't gameplay mechanics at all. That's fact. So, yeah. win, and no amount of laughing smilies will change it. It's pretty funny the way it accentuates your denial though.

Sin_Volvagia
That isn't gameplay mechanics at all. That's fact. So, yeah. win, and no amount of laughing smilies will change it. It's pretty funny the way it accentuates your denial though.

In that case, Duke Nukem tanks lasers, grenades, shotgun blasts, mines, and psychic blasts without losing limbs. Plus, he can hold a pistol, shotgun, machinegun, rocket launcher, 50 pipebombs, an alien weapon, 10 Laser Trip Bombs, a minature stinger missile launcher, and a freezethrower at once. Let's not forget that he can outrun aircraft and can make women explode in 3 kicks.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

ScreamPaste
In that case, Duke Nukem tanks lasers, grenades, shotgun blasts, mines, and psychic blasts without losing limbs. Plus, he can hold a pistol, shotgun, machinegun, rocket launcher, 50 pipebombs, an alien weapon, 10 Laser Trip Bombs, a minature stinger missile launcher, and a freezethrower at once. Let's not forget that he can outrun aircraft and can make women explode in 3 kicks.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing and now he's trolling. You a sore loser or something? None of that is in anyway related or alike Dark Link backflipping onto a sword in less than 0.02 seconds.

Troll harder.

CosmicComet
... mariofacepalm

I don't doubt that the math works out for this, but if you had to take a guess on developer intent, do you think they'd agree that Dark Link (and by extension Link himself) would be capable of bullet timing?

On a slightly related note, Nintendo gives us shitty, but definitive sounding statements in the pokedex, why not straight up answers on anything relating to Zelda I wonder...it pisses me off. No more vagueness.

Sin_Volvagia
and now he's trolling. You a sore loser or something? None of that is in anyway related or alike Dark Link backflipping onto a sword in less than 0.02 seconds.

Troll harder.

As you wish.

UCNb60YJeZQ

BiYT3vYuiVs

ScreamPaste
What is with you and masturbating cats? haermm

Sin_Volvagia
What is with you and masturbating cats? haermm

That is what fanboyism reminds me of.

CosmicComet
Paste, you not gonna answer my question?

ScreamPaste
Nope. I don't have contact with Shiggy, what he intended isn't explicityl stated anywhere, and tbh, I don't think he cares. What I do know, is what happens in the games, and what happens in the games says Dark Link is a casual bullet timer.

Sin_Volvagia
Nope. I don't have contact with Shiggy, what he intended isn't explicityl stated anywhere, and tbh, I don't think he cares. What I do know, is what happens in the games, and what happens in the games says Dark Link is a casual bullet timer.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

ScreamPaste
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing durlaugh

CosmicComet
Calculating weight is one thing, such as the lifting/throwing a granite pillar feat, the devs themselves may not have known how much it actually weighed, but if you told them how much it did its not like their intention would change.

"What? 1000 tons? Sorry we only meant for him to throw 100"

That wouldn't be the case I'm sure, we simply know that their intent was that Link is amped strong enough to be able to throw a pillar of granite period. If that's how much it weighs than so be it.

But reaction time....heh. That's just a different can of worms here. More subtle and even less likely to have been cross referenced with actual figures. Let alone with bullets, which have nothing to do with the Zelda universe(s).

ScreamPaste
It's no can of worms, and you, sir, are both flip-flopping and over-reacting to the word "bullet".

He backflipped ontow a sword in less than 0.02, that's fast enough to backflip onto a bullet, even if those aren't in the Zelda universe. Also, you were originally on board with this, what the hell? Also, I really doubt Nintendo cares. They just make fun games, all consequences there of, and thus non-money related, are of no use to them.

Sin_Volvagia
durlaugh

FTGNR6CKvz8

CosmicComet
It's no can of worms, and you, sir, are both flip-flopping and over-reacting to the word "bullet".

He backflipped ontow a sword in less than 0.02, that's fast enough to backflip onto a bullet, even if those aren't in the Zelda universe. Also, you were originally on board with this, what the hell? Also, I really doubt Nintendo cares. They just make fun games, all consequences there of, and thus non-money related, are of no use to them.

I never said I wasn't on board anymore. Just playing Devil's Advocate.

If Dark Link backflipped on to a fast moving projectile whose speed was stated or calculable (and comes out to be about bullet speed), then for sure you'd have the argument plain and set right there.

But for a sword stab, it would take a lot more to convince others. I myself definitely see how it could make Dark Link a bullet timer on some level though.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I never said I wasn't on board anymore. Just playing Devil's Advocate.

If Dark Link backflipped on to a fast moving projectile whose speed was stated or calculable (and comes out to be about bullet speed), then for sure you'd have the argument plain and set right there.

But for a sword stab, it would take a lot more to convince others. I myself definitely see how it could make Dark Link a bullet timer on some level though. We have a cutscene that illustrates the speed of Link's sword, and we have Dark Link being able to jump on a thrust. It's all that's needed. He also effortlessly dodges every projectile you try to use, but meh.

CosmicComet
What cutscene demonstrates the speed of Link's sword swing? The great swing in TP? Different game sir. Subtle artistic details just aren't always transferable in arguments trying to link two different games.

If you have one for OoT/MM, then that would be great.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by CosmicComet
What cutscene demonstrates the speed of Link's sword swing? The great swing in TP? Different game sir. Subtle artistic details just aren't always transferable in arguments trying to link two different games.

If you have one for OoT/MM, then that would be great. Minor detail: He learns the great spin from: OoT Link.

CosmicComet
So what? That doesn't mean the speed you calculate from the cutscene is meant to be exactly real time, or that if it were, could actually be applied to OoT Link's stab and try to calculate its speed from it being a shorter action than a spin. It's a special maneuver after all.

ScreamPaste
A special move which requires him to swing his sword. Please don't jump on that ghey "he can spin in a full circle faster than he can jab dur" bandwagon. no expression

CosmicComet
It may be ghey, but its a worthy point.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4619/linklol.gif

He's surrounded by magical flames. Maybe that's propelling his spin. I'm not convinced that if Link tried to spin normally, he'd move at such a speed.

ScreamPaste
He does so before you get the spin attack anyway. no expression There's just no magical flames.

And nah, it's not worthy, it's just an illogical idea that people will try to cling to against an argument they don't like. If you can swing at 9001 miles an hour, you can swing at 9001 miles an hour, there'sn't actually a requirement to swing a full 9001 miles to do so.

CosmicComet
In a cutscene?

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4619/linklol.gif

edit: negative man. its not illogical or discardable. it could very well be true.

Heythere,Honey
Maybe the Hero's Shade was some other Link that was an ancestor of OoT Link laughing

BloodRain
Durability is a required secondary power (unless you're a glass cannon) but doesnt mean the durability perfectly matches the strength. Eg a person can lift a ton but gets shot as easy as one who can lift <body weight. In this case we know Links gotta be tough, but to what level?

Note- Dark Link ≠ Bullet time. Jumping on a sword gives him good reactions but wouldnt fair well with bullets... how'd he get in this thread >.>

ScreamPaste
Sin brought him up, and if you can jump on a sword that quickly, you can jump on a bullet. cool Those be teh numbers.

Also, masturbatng cats.

LLLLLink
Sin brought him up, and if you can jump on a sword that quickly, you can jump on a bullet. cool Those be teh numbers.

Also, masturbatng cats.

That's my posting format you stole.

BloodRain
O.o wasnt a fast thrust..

ScreamPaste
Yes it was. no expression

BloodRain
...was not. >_>

ScreamPaste
Was too. >| We have a cutscene that tells us how fast Link can swing his sword. This overrides the gameplay depictions.

LLLLLink
that's fast enough to backflip onto a bullet, even if those aren't in the Zelda universe.

No bullets, but there are both guns and bazookas in Zeldaverse.

BloodRain
Cutscene was for the spin which even in gameplay is faster then that thrust. Thats like saying all of Links attacks are at that speed.

ScreamPaste
You can run 585 feet in less time than you can run 90?

LLLLLink
A thrust at point blank like that has been depicted as undodgable in many other things than Zelda (i.e. Saito Hajime's Gatotsu Zero).

BloodRain
You can run 585 feet in less time than you can run 90?
Depends. Can I run through a rift in space? >w>
No other attack by Link moves as fast as that spin. You can by all means use the spins speed in a vs fight here but you can't put it into that scene where its only a normal speed thrust.
A thrust at point blank like that has been depicted as undodgable in many other things than Zelda (i.e. Saito Hajime's Gatotsu Zero).
And dodgable in other games, animes, real life..

LLLLLink
Originally posted by BloodRain

And dodgable in other games, animes, real life..

...But can you jump on a sword in that amount of time? no

ScreamPaste
The first sentance is the important one. It would be impossible for Link to swing a longer distance in a shorter amount of time. Because the Dark Link fight is in gameplay, naturally it's under logical gameplay restrictions. no expression And for the record, he casually backflips away from the super charged spin attack in OoT, as well.

Nephthys
Dark Links feat of jumping on a sword is a scripted gameplay event during which Link stabs forward at a slower rate than usual and then stands still with his sword remaining held out for a rediculously long amount of time. I would hesitate to clock it at half a second, let alone the absurd 0.02 that has mysteriously appeared. roll eyes (sarcastic)

CosmicComet
Would someone mind timing it then like in the great spin gif that Paste made?

linkownsyousobs
Am I the only one that thinks Dark Link was able to dodge, or copy/counter, Link's moves because he was basically his shadow.
He doesn't just jump Link's sword thrusts, he basically blocks everything that Link does, and counters when Link is left open. I don't think that Dark Link would have the same advantage with a bullet. no expression

BloodRain
...But can you jump on a sword in that amount of time? no
If I was as agile as DLink then yeah, I and many others could. Doing that requires great agility with standard reactions

The first sentance is the important one. It would be impossible for Link to swing a longer distance in a shorter amount of time. Because the Dark Link fight is in gameplay, naturally it's under logical gameplay restrictions. no expression And for the record, he casually backflips away from the super charged spin attack in OoT, as well.
For instance, Dante attacks at v.high speeds, but not all the time and in every instance. And for this like how we get other feats we go by what we see. Link did a normal thrust, DLink jumped on it. One thing, TP went that fast but this is OoT. We should look at his speed really. Not that youd need bullet time to jump back from that.

Cant do it like that gif (dont know how) but from timing the move its just a normal speed stab in the 0.25~ area. Its more an agility feat then a reaction one.

Hm, now that we know that Link has some troubles with the fast types. And Travis is faster and is a clear bullet timer, making him above DLink in that area who Link struggled to hit..

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dark Links feat of jumping on a sword is a scripted gameplay event during which Link stabs forward at a slower rate than usual and then stands still with his sword remaining held out for a rediculously long amount of time. I would hesitate to clock it at half a second, let alone the absurd 0.02 that has mysteriously appeared. roll eyes (sarcastic) Scripted gameplay = not mechanics. He's scripted ot be able to jump on Link's sword. You're assuming fro some reaosn I can't fathom, ohwait,bias!, that Link magicly tyhrusts more slowly than he can spin 585 degrees? No! Foolish!
0.02 didn't mysteriosuly appear either. That's actually a generous downplay of the speed required.

He learns the freakin spin from OoT Link. Anyway, here's the thing. A normal thrust, would be faster than a normal spin. The great spin is a normal spin, with great waves of magic coming out from it. We have a cutscene demonstrating the speed with which Link can swing. We know a thrust is faster than a full spin, we know Dark Link can casually backflip onto a thrust.

A thrust will be slower in gameplay, because the player must play it. TADAH.

BloodRain
Yeah OoT Link with 40ish years since he was young link to when he died, and as we know Links arnt the same eg strength and height is different, the moves can easily be different. Backtrack, he didnt teach him the move he only told him that he can amp his regular spin attack.
All that means is that Link can attack that fast, not that he did there.

And can you post that gif again, 'cause I just looked at the vid and it was only one spin not two.

ScreamPaste
We'v en oidea how long Link lived, and OoT Link beign larger has little to do with anything, anfact itonly means his swordi moving faster, but it doesn't change the tiem it took for him to do anythign .

Also, can't quite typ ine my photobuxket pass. will do later. We never calledi t two thoguh? it was only two strieks infront of him. 585 is les sthan 2 ful lspins.

BloodRain
Eh.. o_o Y'nyways, main point is that OoT didnt teach him how to spin like he does. Learnt it pre-TP.

Lol I see that. Some reason I looked at the number and though 'why did I think it was two whole spins?' >_> /sleep deprived makes for bad remembering. Lets see its 1 and a half spins, 540? Bah now I gotta look at the original post.

ScreamPaste
585 is your number. He sarts on his far lef,tends on his far right.

BloodRain

Sin_Volvagia
I've played both No More Heroes and I'm even more convinced that Travis wipes the floor with Link.

Swatting bullets, playing baseball using cloned sado-masochists, blocking huge lasers, overpowering some anti-grav car, and cutting an earthquake machine in half are way better feats than anything has done with a sword in any game he's appeared in. Mortal Draw? laughing out loud

ScreamPaste
Oh look, you bumped another Zelda thread. How unexpected. Tennis with lightning >.

LLLLLink
With so much Link hate, I'm convinced that Sin is related to Sakurai.

Sin_Volvagia
With so much Link hate, I'm convinced that Sin is related to Sakurai.

WHat does Sakurai have against Zelda?

Tennis with lightning >.

Those were energy balls. Also unimpressive.

LLLLLink
WHat does Sakurai have against Zelda?

Lmao. laughing

BloodRain
So what does it take to keep Travis down?

Sin_Volvagia
Lmao. laughing

laughing is not the answer I'm looking for.

LLLLLink
Oh, you're serious? Look at Link. Second worst character in Smash for two games now. Haven't checked the Brawl tiers in a while, but last I checked Ganondorf, Link and Zelda were the lowest ranked characters in the game.

Sin_Volvagia
Oh, you're serious? Look at Link. Second worst character in Smash for two games now. Haven't checked the Brawl tiers in a while, but last I checked Ganondorf, Link and Zelda were the lowest ranked characters in the game.

Ganondorf was decent in Melee. and Sheik used to be top-tier. Zelda is much better in Brawl. As for Link, yeah I guess yer right.

I'm not related to Sakurai because I would never approve a flawed game mechanic like tripping.

Cyner
Ganondorf was decent in Melee. and Sheik used to be top-tier. Zelda is much better in Brawl. As for Link, yeah I guess yer right.

I'm not related to Sakurai because I would never approve a flawed game mechanic like tripping.

Zelda was at one time thought to be better in brawl, but further metagame development has shown her to actually be worse. So the highest any Zelda character goes in Brawl is mid tier...

GJ Sakurai, Mission Accomplished /GWB

LLLLLink
Melee Zelda is much better. A least she can KO Falco @ 60%.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Cyner
Zelda was at one time thought to be better in brawl, but further metagame development has shown her to actually be worse. So the highest any Zelda character goes in Brawl is mid tier...

GJ Sakurai, Mission Accomplished /GWB

Well I guess there tiers made that I didn't know of. I stopped caring about Smash Bros after Brawl got stale.

EDIT: So Diddy's top tier now and Fox is much lower? Interesting...

LLLLLink
At least Diddy is fun to watch. If I had a pet monkey, I'd name him Diddy and give him a red shirt and hat and teach him to play Smash and to throw stuff at people.

BloodRain
Sakurai hating LoZ?

Melee Mewtwo.. that was worse..

LLLLLink
True, for Melee anyway. Mewtwo shoulda been epic.
64 Link. That was even worse.

Sin_Volvagia
True, for Melee anyway. Mewtwo shoulda been epic.
64 Link. That was even worse.

He was a great ground fighter but his triple jump was laughably bad.

LLLLLink
It was bad enough to put him in bottom tier, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.