Anakin Solo vs Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Force
Lightsaber
All Out

This is the Anakin who was killed in action at the end of "Star by Star."

ares834
Anakin.

truejedi
Anakin

Lavos
What has Anakin actually done out of curiosity?

Ms.Marvel
anakin solo?

asajj takes it in saber, f'sho. probably force as well.

shes underrated. i have never read any njo material.

truejedi
So you know nothing about Anakin? and you picked Assaji?

Ms.Marvel
absolutely

Q99
Originally posted by Lavos
What has Anakin actually done out of curiosity?

Well, being of the Skywalker lineage, he's of course strong with the force. He was the one who figured out how to sense the Vong, as well as being the first NJO Jedi to learn Battle meditation.

He was a hero during the Vong war, and went on a lot of missions against them.

Anakin was 17~ as of Star by Star.

truejedi
and what did Assajji ever do except lose a lot of duels?

Nephthys
Matching Skywalker or Kenobi is no mean feat, and she is at least on par with a mid-level Jedi Master, beating numerous Masters. I know she owned Luminara for instance. In the comic Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu she single-handedly beats Sian Jeisel, K' Kruhk, and Rhad Tarn in lightsaber combat at once. As far as I know, only the top tiers like Sidious or Grievous have ever taken on 3 combatants at once and won and even Grievous separated them to take them down.

And as far as know Anakin Solo's done jack diddly to show he can take on someone of Ventress's calibur.

Q99
He is stronger in the force and with battle mediation is more useful in a larger battle, but he has admittedly not been in a lot of duels as far as I can tell. So Asajj who's honed her skills in fighting Anakin (Skywalker) and Obi-wan something like a half-dozen times before they actually managed to get her, probably wins in a duel. Though likely not easily, he's still a full-knight with a lot of power.

Nephthys
He's going to have to be pretty spiffy to take Ventress in a Force-fight. She can re-animate the dead you know (according to wiki).

truejedi
you will need a better source than wiki. : )

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
absolutely

punk

Eminence
truejedi
and what did Assajji ever do except lose a lot of duels?Don't be daft. Answer the question.

truejedi
Killed lots of Vong. Was considered stronger than Jacen just a few years before Vector Prime.

Its been years on NJO for myself though. I lack specifics.

Eminence
truejedi
Killed lots of Vong.
no expression

no expression

Right.

Well when you think of something that puts Solo on the level of someone who's bested Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, and Obi-Wan, and regularly holds her own against Anakin Skywalker, you let me know.

truejedi
When did Assaji beat Kenobi? Kenobi made a fool out of Assaji. (CWC) She also lost to Anakin.

When did she beat Fisto exactly? I don't disbelieve you, but I'm kinda skeptical because you said she beat Kenobi.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by truejedi
When did Assaji beat Kenobi? Kenobi made a fool out of Assaji. (CWC) She also lost to Anakin.

When did she beat Fisto exactly? I don't disbelieve you, but I'm kinda skeptical because you said she beat Kenobi.

The Cestus Deception to both of your queries.

Nephthys
The source is Star Wars Republic: The New Face of War, which wierdly is one of the two Star Wars comics I've actually read. She was apparantly able to re-animate dead Gungans while duelling Kenobi as well.

^Yeah in Cetus Deception she wounds him and nearly kills him before he flees. Then she put Obi in enough trouble that Kit used the last of his strngth to 'save' him.

Galan007
Originally posted by truejedi

When did she beat Fisto exactly? I don't disbelieve you, but I'm kinda skeptical because you said she beat Kenobi. I'm a bit skeptical as well. Mainly because Grevious simultaneously beat Asajj and Durge, with a fair amount of ease -- while Kenobi beat Grevious himself with that same level of ease.

Lord Lucien
Grievous in his cyborg prime beat Durge and Ventress. Grievous with the smoker's lung lost to Kenobi.

Galan007
Regardless, I still don't think Grevious (smoker's lung, or not) would've lost to Asajj.

BruceSkywalker
toss up, I'd say Anakin 6/10

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm a bit skeptical as well. Mainly because Grevious simultaneously beat Asajj and Durge, with a fair amount of ease -- while Kenobi beat Grevious himself with that same level of ease.

Could it be that the Star Wars Universe is inconsistent at times??

Neway as of the new animation GG is not all that. Ventress has been more impressive. She should be more than GG can handle in a one on one.

Q99
The first CW Grevious was a beast. Movie and CGI Grevious would've died taking on the group of Jedi he did.

Asajj has always given a good fight to Kenobi and Skywalker.

Nephthys
Truthfully, its pretty logical that she'd do badly against Grievous, as she is quite reliant on her second lightsaber to overwhelm opponents, whereas he also has two so that advantage is lost.

truejedi
Kenobi certainly doesn't seem to suffer from Grievous having 2 sabers though.

Nephthys
He has alot of experience in that department.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
Truthfully, its pretty logical that she'd do badly against Grievous,

Its just a huge inconsistency and probably best ignored.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.