PC Mordru vs DOV Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

Juntai
Spectre.

Prep-Man
Mordru. We've already seen powerful mages go up against Spectre (Fate). Mordru is more powerful than him.

Johnny Sorrow
Spectre. When has Fate won a battle against Spectre? Nabu was killed by him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Spectre. When has Fate won a battle against Spectre? Nabu was killed by him.

Pre-Crisis days. Half helm, I believe. Spectre won't be able to kill Mordru, because he's immortal.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Pre-Crisis days. Half helm, I believe. Spectre won't be able to kill Mordru, because he's immortal.

Don't recall it. I remember BFR by Nekron, pimpslapped by Michael, shot down by ZH Parallax, and being fought off by an amped Captain Marvel. Do you have scans of this?

Mordru may not die, but Aztar can do a million and one different things to take him out.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Don't recall it. I remember BFR by Nekron, pimpslapped by Michael, shot down by ZH Parallax, and being fought off by an amped Captain Marvel. Do you have scans of this?

Mordru may not die, but Aztar can do a million and one different things to take him out.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t445327.html

Back in the day, Mordru pretty much one-shotted Dr. Fate. That's the magnitude of his power.

Juntai
Pre-Crisis days. Half helm, I believe. Spectre won't be able to kill Mordru, because he's immortal. There's worse punishments than death.

Prep-Man
What's Spectre going to do? He has no soul and on top of that, could probably absorb Spectre's power for his own.

Juntai
Pre-Crisis days. Half helm, I believe. Spectre won't be able to kill Mordru, because he's immortal. Don't recall it, but even then Spectre back then wasn't as powerful until John Ostrander changed the whole dynamic of the character in volume 3.

All chronological meetings between the two in continuity result in Nabu/Fate knowing he's about to get his ass kicked, then getting his ass kicked or backing down. This is true all the way from a retelling of their meeting in Egypt, to Corrigan's first meeting with Fate in Year 1. To Day of Vengeance when Nabu kept wondering why Spectre was taking so long to kill him - because time doesn't mean anything to him.

And you may believe the pre-crisis version is stronger, though I'm sure it could be argued as the more current version from JSA stories is ridiculous as well, but there's still a reason that he fled the Rock of Eternity and laughed at Shazam while Spectre was showing up. Then in the subsequent JSA story, found himself unable to cast spells without the greatest of difficulty to where he was completely winded after a few of them. Spectre absorbing and destroying magic everywhere.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Juntai
Don't recall it, but even then Spectre back then wasn't as powerful until John Ostrander changed the whole dynamic of the character in volume 3.

All chronological meetings between the two in continuity result in Nabu/Fate knowing he's about to get his ass kicked, then getting his ass kicked or backing down. This is true all the way from a retelling of their meeting in Egypt, to Corrigan's first meeting with Fate in Year 1. To Day of Vengeance when Nabu kept wondering why Spectre was taking so long to kill him - because time doesn't mean anything to him.

And you may believe the pre-crisis version is stronger, though I'm sure it could be argued as the more current version from JSA stories is ridiculous as well, but there's still a reason that he fled the Rock of Eternity and laughed at Shazam while Spectre was showing up. Then in the subsequent JSA story, found himself unable to cast spells without the greatest of difficulty to where he was completely winded after a few of them. Spectre absorbing and destroying magic everywhere.

I'd say he was even more powerful and consistant then, because of some of his villains. Fate was uber as well, taking on Shuma Gorath type creatures. Fate was one of the most valuable members of the JLA.

Juntai
I'd say he was even more powerful and consistant then, because of some of his villains. Fate was uber as well, taking on Shuma Gorath type creatures. Fate was one of the most valuable members of the JLA. Fate was written more powerful, but that was not only due to it being pre-crisis stories, but in part because Kent with the costume on was synonymous with Nabu, something later versions like Eric & Linda, Jared, or Hector weren't close to. Spectre is far more powerful than Nabu, even he has acknowledged it.

Go ahead and post some issues or scans with Mordru feats rather than wild opinions like "I'd say" and we'll compare them up.

Because honestly, I don't think pre crisis Mordru is even in a league with post Crisis Spectre featwise.

Prep-Man
Fate was written more powerful, but that was not only due to it being pre-crisis stories, but in part because Kent with the costume on was synonymous with Nabu, something later versions like Eric & Linda, Jared, or Hector weren't close to. Spectre is far more powerful than Nabu, even he has acknowledged it.

Go ahead and post some issues or scans with Mordru feats rather than wild opinions like "I'd say" and we'll compare them up.

Because honestly, I don't think pre crisis Mordru is even in a league with post Crisis Spectre featwise.

The Fate respect thread shows Spectre being surprised of Fate's spells and power. If he were to be knocked out by Fate, don't you think someone like Mordru (who EASILY punked a Thunderbolt) could do some serious damage to Spectre?

Plus Mordru also absorbed INFINITE Man, and was said that he was capable of DESTROYING the universe.

Juntai
What's Spectre going to do? He has no soul and on top of that, could probably absorb Spectre's power for his own. You think the other Lords of Order and Chaos aren't of the same attributes?
Just because he's a damn body-snatcher doesn't mean he's beyond Spectre's jurisdiction of judgment.

Prep-Man
You think the other Lords of Order and Chaos aren't of the same attributes?
Just because he's a damn body-snatcher doesn't mean he's beyond Spectre's jurisdiction of judgment.

It was said that if everything is destroyed, Mordru would still be here. He's immortal, he's not going anywhere. And if Fate can endure Spectre's attacks, so can a top mage like Mordru.

Mordru > Nabu.

Juntai
The Fate respect thread shows Spectre being surprised of Fate's spells and power. If he were to be knocked out by Fate, don't you think someone like Mordru (who EASILY punked a Thunderbolt) could do some serious damage to Spectre?

Plus Mordru also absorbed INFINITE Man, and was said that he was capable of DESTROYING the universe. Spectre eyebeamed the Thunderbolt in DOV JSA tie in and took him out of the battle. lol.
And in the same Crisis? Thunderbolt owned Mordru.

In that respect thread one of them mentions Spectre saying he even he isn't powerful enough to split into 4 like Dr Fate? That should be a clue for you. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3937/thespectrev41105kq3.jpg

"The Force Spectre represents is the force that created the Lords of Order, and could likewise. . unmake them."
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6420/spectre19931420yw9.jpg
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9375/spectre19931421ka6.jpg

What did Ralph Dibney learn from Nabu himself about Spectre?
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/spectre_power.jpg
"Of all the beings in creation you are by far the most powerful."

Juntai
It was said that if everything is destroyed, Mordru would still be here. He's immortal, he's not going anywhere. And if Fate can endure Spectre's attacks, so can a top mage like Mordru.

Mordru > Nabu. Blah. Nabu is the most powerful Lord of Order. Mordru is the most powerful Lord of Chaos.
Neither are of consequence to the wrath.

Prep-Man
Spectre eyebeamed the Thunderbolt in DOV JSA tie in and took him out of the battle. lol.
And in the same Crisis? Thunderbolt owned Mordru.

In that respect thread one of them mentions Spectre saying he even he isn't powerful enough to split into 4 like Dr Fate? That should be a clue for you. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3937/thespectrev41105kq3.jpg

"The Force Spectre represents is the force that created the Lords of Order, and could likewise. . unmake them."
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6420/spectre19931420yw9.jpg
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9375/spectre19931421ka6.jpg

What did Ralph Dibney learn from Nabu himself about Spectre?
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/spectre_power.jpg
"Of all the beings in creation you are by far the most powerful."

I'm not denying Spectre's power. Even back then, he was using planets as weapons and going up against high end cosmics, but Mordru is a special case. I don't know if he would get a majority, but I can definitelt see Mordru taking some of the battles.

Omega Vision
Juntai why are you using non DOV feats for DOV Spectre here?

Juntai
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Juntai why are you using non DOV feats for DOV Spectre here? Because I don't believe he was any weaker, just blind without a host. He's been hostless many times and nothing to suggest he was less powerful as a result. The reason he didn't end everything in a snap in DOV was explained in DOV by Spectre himself, because it doesn't matter to him how long it takes. Spectre isn't completely beyond harm, or completely unbeatable. The right circumstances can create a loss for anyone. Spectre stood and traded shots with the gods and demons and mages in DOV simply because he desired to do so. In a forum setting though, where he won't do that. And we stand them up and see the feats and stuff? Spectre beats most anyone.

In the Nabu scan he was hostless as well. As well, he did defeat Nabu in DOV hostless again.
In the one I mentioned about Thunderbolt was directly from Day of Vengeance though I didn't post a scan.

So you're talking about the one where he made multiples of himself..? Really..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.