Luke cage vs. Absorbing man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
The fight takes place in the middle of times square.

KingD19
Cage already beat him once.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by KingD19

Wild Shadow
really?! how?

Lord_Talron
its in cage's respect thread, <10 pages in. he and... she hulk i think beat him and titania in a restaurant. AM only had marble to absorb and cage stated that it wouldnt help him

KingD19
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
really?! how?

By hitting him really hard. He and She-Hulk were out on a date I think, and Creel and Titania tried to rob the place. Cage took out Creel, and Shulkie took out TItania. I think it's actually in Cages respect thread.

The Nuul
Unless Cage outsmarts him, theres no way hed win against a properly written Creel.

DarthDaniel1001
Luke Cage.

The Nuul
Creel wins.

Colossus-Big C
Luke Cage.

just hit him before he absorbs anything.

The Nuul
LOl, Cage is a 20 tonner, Creel is much higher than that.

Creel who fights Herald level beings is not going to lose to a Meta Human regardless of what shitty comic he lost in. Jobbing and PIS doesnt count here.

Parmaniac
That would be a good example why people shouldn't always go by the outcome in comics if the same battle is a thread here.

Absorbing Man

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul
LOl, Cage is a 20 tonner, Creel is much higher than that.

Creel who fights Herald level beings is not going to lose to a Meta Human regardless of what shitty comic he lost in. Jobbing and PIS doesnt count here.

Unless they out smart him! thats his Kryptonite.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by The Nuul
Creel wins.

Deadline
By hitting him really hard. He and She-Hulk were out on a date I think, and Creel and Titania tried to rob the place. Cage took out Creel, and Shulkie took out TItania. I think it's actually in Cages respect thread.

There aren't always going to be situations that enable Luke to do this, and this is a featurless envinronment. Creel FTW.

JakeTheBank
Absorbing Man. no expression

Wild Shadow
not sure what creels base lvl is but the minute he decides to fight cage he will absorb his durability and strength with the first touch..

either way luke is not going to blitz him right of the bat for a ko.

creel has his chain and ball as his fallback and most likely power to have activated prior to touching luke.

once he upgrades that is if his base strength and power isnt already superior to cage he will have a wpn advantage right off the bat.

i gotta go with crusher creel

KingD19
In the middle of Times Square though, there's not much he can absorb that will put him on Cage's level, plus, recent Cage is a beast. He took out Venom with no problems, took hits from Wrecker, even went so far as to steal the crowbar.

Wild Shadow
none of that is slightly impressive i one would think nor is it as one sided as you think.. the wrecker fight he had support from the avengers and taking a punch isnt that impressive all heroes do it in one way or another.. wrecker is a 4o or 5o tonner tops same with venom.. and venom is a jobber of the highest order... their is no possible way in a forum match that cage could stack up to a non jobbing venom...

original venom used to be able to tank 80 to a 100 tonner blows for a long could while how can a 20 tonner like luke seriously be able to content with such a being with an upgrade as gargon venom?

again his ball and chain provide him with a good base lvl strength which has allowed him to compete with higher strength being then luke...

also this is assuming that creel even starts off remotely close to luke's strength class which are plenty of feats and showing that would have him well above luke cage's strength class.

KingD19
Wrecker's Class 50? Really?

BlackZero30x
Creel if he can actually be smart enough to use his powers properly

K Von Doom
I remember Absorbing Man always carrying around a metal or steel object. Is that not the case anymore?

Either way, I think all Absorbing Man has to do is absorb something, go to sleep and wait for Cage to tire himself out, Cage isn't strong enough to match Creel. Creel used to regularly tangle with Thor.

Wild Shadow
one more small problem for luke is that creel can grow in size to building lvl's if he chooses to and isnt written down...

SuperiorTech
Here is the fight for those of you interested.

http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/7546/70cc9575450333.gif http://thumbnails20.imagebam.com/7546/402d8575450335.gif http://thumbnails25.imagebam.com/7546/00b34e75450336.gif http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/7546/1f791275450337.gif http://thumbnails23.imagebam.com/7546/fcdd5c75450340.gif http://thumbnails25.imagebam.com/7546/b7525375450351.gif http://thumbnails25.imagebam.com/7546/b4c84e75450353.gif http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/7546/74de2f75450356.gif

Wild Shadow
cool but, kinda written down for them especially for luke to even compete... absorbing man would have done better if he stayed in his normal form rather then absorb marble or at least absorbed his ball and chain properties which if i recall is also mystical like him.

The Nuul
Shit comic, a properly written AM would stomp those two.

KingD19
Luke has tangled with Wonderman, taken down Ironclad, fought Rhino, Hulk, etc.... He's not as weak as you're trying to make him look.

Wild Shadow
yes, yes he is. no expression

BlackZero30x
Luke has tangled with Wonderman, taken down Ironclad, fought Rhino, Hulk, etc.... He's not as weak as you're trying to make him look.

his big weakness is he's not that smart...i mean he's kinda like errrrr im strong and made of steel....when he has so many mor options....he could essentially turn into water and enter cages lungs if he wanted.....but like i said he's not that smart

but imo i still say creel wins for the reason i just staed actually lol

tkitna

What writer got fired after that BS?

Creel wins all day long

KingD19
If there were specific things around, I'd give Creel a majority, but this is Town's Square, there's nothing there strong enough to give Creel a noticeable edge over Cage.

Deadline
Originally posted by tkitna
What writer got fired after that BS?

Creel wins all day long

Wow you really don't like Cage do you? What exactly is wrong with the writing.

If there were specific things around, I'd give Creel a majority, but this is Town's Square, there's nothing there strong enough to give Creel a noticeable edge over Cage.

If thats the case Luke does much better, not sure if I give him the majority but with an open envinronment hes probably able to get several wins on smarts.

Warlord
pis cis aside AM wins 10/10

Lord Feron
Gonna go with AM

Wild Shadow
If there were specific things around, I'd give Creel a majority, but this is Town's Square, there's nothing there strong enough to give Creel a noticeable edge over Cage. when Absorbing man fought thunderstrike in a empty desert area with nothing around, creel made himself a giant with superhuman strength...

Thunder strike had to open the ground beneath him and drop him in a deep ravine.

somehow i doubt AB fighting time square would limit absorbing man's chance of winning or put him equal to cage.

StiltmanFTW
He took out Venom with no problems

IMPOSSIBLE!!! Gargan is invincible, for God's sake! Are you not familiar with his awesomely awesome feats?! big grin

tkitna
Originally posted by Deadline
Wow you really don't like Cage do you? What exactly is wrong with the writing.

The fact the he beat Creel. It was stupid and should have never have happened. We're talking about a character thats taken characters like Thor and Hulk to the limit and now he's getting busted up by Cage. Silly.

Actually, the writing may not be as bad as I thought. At least the writer had enough imagination to figure some way (as dumb as it was) for Creel to lose.

Dont know what book the scans came from, but it didnt look like a serious read anyways. Maybe i'm making to much out of it.

StiltmanFTW
I can't see the 3rd, 6th and 7th scan sad

Deadline
Originally posted by tkitna
The fact the he beat Creel. It was stupid and should have never have happened. We're talking about a character thats taken characters like Thor and Hulk to the limit and now he's getting busted up by Cage. Silly.

Actually, the writing may not be as bad as I thought. At least the writer had enough imagination to figure some way (as dumb as it was) for Creel to lose.

Dont know what book the scans came from, but it didnt look like a serious read anyways. Maybe i'm making to much out of it.

Yeah I think you are. Its actually a credible way for him to be beaten, its just that the circumstances won't be there all the time.

ankur29
creel ftw

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
original venom used to be able to tank 80 to a 100 tonner blows for a long could while how can a 20 tonner like luke seriously be able to content with such a being with an upgrade as gargon venom?

cage is officially a 25 tonner confused
stop trying to undersell him

juggernaut74
Cage should win.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by ankur29
creel ftw

cage is officially a 25 tonner confused
stop trying to undersell him Lol quans old sig.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Cage should win.

Explain.

redhotrash
Cage cant begin to hang with Absorbing Man

Trackz
from what i understand creel has the potential to be a grea super-villain, but he's retarded and he fights retarded. seeing as CIS is always on unless otherwise stated, why would we assume creel is going to use his powers any differently?

Cage should win

redhotrash
Because Creel has challenged and took the fight to much bigger threats. Depending on how hes being written determines Creel's level of CIS. Only at his absolute worst would he lose to Cage, and even thats questionable. Creel's wife should be able to take a solid majority here.

The Nuul
So, one of few low showing cancels out the normal showings of him being on a Herald level?

This imo is low balling.

BUSTER1
Creel 10/10

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Trackz
from what i understand creel has the potential to be a grea super-villain, but he's retarded and he fights retarded. seeing as CIS is always on unless otherwise stated, why would we assume creel is going to use his powers any differently?

Cage should win

What Creel showings are you basing your opinion on?

redhotrash
His Earth X stuff, his many fights with the Hulk, Thor, and the Avengers. His storming of Asgard in which Odin had to step in. His overall potential.

Knowsbleed33
Him fighting Masterson to the point where Masterson conceded the fight.

Mindset
Originally posted by Trackz

Cage should win

Have you actually seen his fights?

Does he have a respect thread here?

Wild Shadow
dont lowball my eric!!! mad

Deadline
Originally posted by redhotrash
Because Creel has challenged and took the fight to much bigger threats. Depending on how hes being written determines Creel's level of CIS. Only at his absolute worst would he lose to Cage, and even thats questionable. Creel's wife should be able to take a solid majority here.

Captain America has beaten up and the fight demonstrates what an idiot he is.

Batroc
Captain America has beaten up and the fight demonstrates what an idiot he is.

Cap beats everyone though. He's not allowed to lose.

BUSTER1
When Creel 1st fought Eric Masterson Thor, he made a right idiot out of poor Eric. Dont't underestimate Crusher.

Deadline
Originally posted by Batroc
Cap beats everyone though. He's not allowed to lose.

No he doesn't, but anyway his fight showed how you can beat Creel with brains.

K Von Doom
No he doesn't, but anyway his fight showed how you can beat Creel with brains.

But Captain America's skill much >>>>> Luke Cage's skill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.