Photon vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Gecko4lif
Photon by alot

but then again i havent seen ss since his latest upgrade

DarthDaniel1001
Which photon are we talking about? Because the one I'm thinking of doesn't stand a chance against the silver surfer.

Prep-Man
Genis.

DarthDaniel1001
Oh. Yeah, he wins.

King Kandy
Photon wins.

bbrem123
photon

Naija boy
Implied power says photon wins this. (as he didnt actually display that much on panel to give him the decisive win over SS.imo)

cdtm
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Photon by alot

but then again i havent seen ss since his latest upgrade

Surfer treated Nova like an annoyance. And the last guy who had the entire Nova force was Garthan Saal, a.k.a. Super Nova/Nova Omega, who wiped the floor with Firelord and Starfox, than took on a combined force of the Avengers, Quasar, and the Fantastic Four, and did well against them.

And yet Nova, with a similar power set, was just an annoyance to Surfer.

And here's some scans of Surfers fight with Beta Ray Bill from God Hunter:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/915780-brbgh_02_005_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/915781-brbgh_02_006_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/915782-brbgh_02_007_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/915783-brbgh_02_009_super.jpg

From the looks of it, Surfer was knocked back but unharmed. And considering Surfer wasn't even fighting seriously, yet bloodied up Bill pretty easily...?

Surfers a beast now.

cdtm
And I'm going with Photon. stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
Insane genis stomps.. the thunderbolt relatively sane one i say loses

Gecko4lif
Wow surfer got a hell of an upgrade

he really gives photon a fight

-Pr-
Surfer, unless it's insane Genis.

dmills
Wow. Photon getting a majority descision over Norrin on KMC?! I've got to read up on this guy.

Johnny Sorrow
It depends. Are we talking about Photon Genis from the Thunderbolts? That would be an awesome fight, and he would win against classic Surfer IMO. But after the upgrade in Annihilation? I don't think it's an easy decision...

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Surfer, unless it's insane Genis. There's no difference in power.

"Id"
Plot device kept Photon from properly wielding his abilities.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
There's no difference in power.

Maybe comparing regular to insane, pre Photon. But I don't remember Genis-Vell having the ability to shunt/teleport before the Thunderbolts.

I "think" Captain Marvel and Photon have similar power sets though, except the teleporting...

thanos-prime
Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe comparing regular to insane, pre Photon. But I don't remember Genis-Vell having the ability to shunt/teleport before the Thunderbolts.

I "think" Captain Marvel and Photon have similar power sets though, except the teleporting... They have the same power sets and im pretty sure CM has teleported.

Mindset

I "think" Captain Marvel and Photon have similar power sets though, except the teleporting... He did.

thanos-prime
Photon 9/10

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
There's no difference in power.

i wasn't talking about powerset.

AsbestosFlaygon

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/915782-brbgh_02_007_super.jpg

The definition of a cheap shot.

Blanket
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The definition of a cheap shot. Part of his powerset.

I'm sure we wouldn't be calling a speedblitz against an opponent knowing he's fighting a cheapshot... so why should we call this one one?

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Blanket
Part of his powerset.

I'm sure we wouldn't be calling a speedblitz against an opponent knowing he's fighting a cheapshot... so why should we call this one one?
Board hits BRB's back whilst unawares.

Cheap shot at its finest.

Toe-to-toe, stalemate or BRB eventually overpowers SS if you consider him equal to Thor.

Blanket
Board hits BRB's back whilst unawares.

Cheap shot at its finest.

Toe-to-toe, stalemate or BRB eventually overpowers SS if you consider him equal to Thor. Which is well within his abilities.

Again, acknowledge this; if an opponent fights using regular speed, but then completely overwhelms another opponent using super speed, would we call that a cheapshot?
Certainly the opponent cannot defend against this sort of attack, but it is well within the speedblitzer's powerset.

I certainly wouldn't base this on anything, because that didn't seem to end well for Bill...

AsbestosFlaygon
Which is well within his abilities.

Again, acknowledge this; if an opponent fights using regular speed, but then completely overwhelms another opponent using super speed, would we call that a cheapshot?
Certainly the opponent cannot defend against this sort of attack, but it is well within the speedblitzer's powerset.

I certainly wouldn't base this on anything, because that didn't seem to end well for Bill...
I know. But the thing is BRB doesn't even have cosmic awareness.

Well, I too think that BRB < Thor. Fight was a mismatch since SS has cosmic awareness and just faster.
PS: Thor would beat SS to a pulp, though.

Blanket
Or ignore it.

I know. But the thing is BRB doesn't even have cosmic awareness.

Well, I too think that BRB < Thor. Fight was a mismatch since SS has cosmic awareness and just faster.
PS: Thor would beat SS to a pulp, though. K.

I never said I thought BRB < Thor. That's a little contradictory to all of their history.

Is this based on anything current, and not Warrior Madnes-sy?
Also, Thor doesn't have cosmic awareness, and Surfer is just faster than him. smile

AsbestosFlaygon
Thor's stronger
And hammer > surfboard ahah

cdtm
Part of his powerset.

Agreed.

And I'm not so sure Bill would've eventually beaten Surfer down without the back attack, looking at how much damage Bill's shots actually did, compared to Surfer's fists.

cdtm
Thor's stronger
And hammer > surfboard ahah

They usually look dead even whenever they fight. In the old Simonson run, their second fight would've ended in a double KO if not for the lava reviving Bill.

And Bill managed to absorb some tremendous punishment, and still gets his licks in, in Blood and Thunder.

Juntai
Thor over Surfer and Surfer over Bill likely has a lot to do with pecking order in terms of value of the characters as well.
The interesting thing is that Bill was winning the direct confrontation part of the match prior to that.
Do you believe he'd fall to the same tactic again?

Uxas Khan
Photon easy

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Juntai
Thor over Surfer and Surfer over Bill likely has a lot to do with pecking order in terms of value of the characters as well.
The interesting thing is that Bill was winning the direct confrontation part of the match prior to that.
Do you believe he'd fall to the same tactic again?

I find it completely (pardon the expression) comical that people can actually define what was happening in the first few pages of that fight as "winning" for BRB...

cdtm
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I find it completely (pardon the expression) comical that people can actually define what was happening in the first few pages of that fight as "winning" for BRB...

I wouldn't phrase it so critically, but the only reason Bill landed his attacks is because Surfer was telling him he just wanted to talk and got in close.

Which is really what makes this showing so impressive for him. It's not just that he beat Bill down, it's that he really wasn't even taking the fight seriously...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.