Prince Nuada versus Blade...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Prince Nuada (Hellboy 2) versus Blade.

Scenario one: Blade has his sword, Prince Nuada has his expandable battle spear (The one he stabbed Hellboy with)

Scenario two: Blade, again with his sword. Nuada has his sword (The one he gave Hellboy to fight with)

Rogue Jedi
Nuada, Nuada.

KingD19
Nuada is quick as hell, I might give it to Blade though because of the strength advantage. And while he's not as fast as Nuada, neither was HB, and he held his own for a bit.

Rogue Jedi
Speed beats Blade here, I give Nuada the spear battle 9/10. The shorter sword? 5/10.

Nuada was effin uber, man.

Tattoos N Scars
Blade is faster than Hellboy, but I still give Nuada the advantage. Nuada would definitely pwn with the spear..but, I give Blade the majority in the sword fight.

Technically, Blade already beat him...Nuada is the same guy who played Nomak..lol.

Rogue Jedi
That spear was badass, man.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
That spear was badass, man.

Yeah it was...almost killed Hellboy with it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Yeah it was...almost killed Hellboy with it. I like how it extended to over 7 feet, and how the tip regenned. Coolest weapon ever.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Blade is faster than Hellboy, but I still give Nuada the advantage. Nuada would definitely pwn with the spear..but, I give Blade the majority in the sword fight.

Technically, Blade already beat him...Nuada is the same guy who played Nomak..lol.

Imagine Blade's reaction to seeing him:

"What the ****? Nomak, is that you?"

Rogue Jedi
Then Nuada cuts him to pieces.

Robtard
You people actually think Nuada is faster than blade?

Ninja-fight scene in Blade II shows greater speed and skill than Nuada did against Hellboy or those slow guards in the royal chamber.

Rogue Jedi
Well that's the thing, why didn't Blade use that same speed against Frost or Nomak? Or Drake? Never mind, let's not go there.

Remember the scene where Nuada killed his father? Nuada was unarmed and took out a shitload of sword wielding elven guards without breaking a sweat. That feat alone trumps any Blade sword feat.
And those guards weren't "slow", it's just that Nuada was that fast, he made the look slow.

As I said earlier, with the spear, Nuada wins 10/10. The short sword? Tie, 5/10.

Robtard
They were slow with their way over-sized Final Fantasy-esque swords and cumbersome helmets. They did little more than make sloppy chops at him.

The two ninjas showed far greater speed, agility and skill than those clowns or Hellboy.

Rogue Jedi
And they weren't trying to kill Blade. Feat defeated. They were obviously holding back.

Robtard
Still doesn't take away Blade's speed, agility and skill, as seen.

Rogue Jedi
Or maybe they were, who gives a shit. Blade aint getting past the reach of Nuada's spear. Give Nuada that short sword, Blade has a good chance.

Nuada, in the beginning, when practicing in the sewer, was so fast and skilled with his spear that he cut a drop of water in half from several feet away.

And remember, Blade's sword breaks, Nuada's spear tip breaks. However, Nuada's can regen.

Robtard
Practicing is one thing, fighting is another; Blade showed better in fighting.

Why is Blade's sword going to break here?

Rogue Jedi
Because it broke twice in the movies, man. It's regular steel/silver, versus elven steel. Magically enchanted elven steel. The spear is a far superior weapon and Nuada is a master at using it.

Nuada would beat Hellboy if his sister hadn't sacrificed herself.

Robtard
By all accounts, that spear isn't more durable than Blade's sword. So it's stupid to try and push the "Blade's sword will break" angle.

Hellboy isn't some speed-demon or overly skilled fighter, he relies on his strength and durability. If Blade's sword was enchanted where it could overcome Hellboy's magical defenses as the spear did, Blade would end Hellboy in a minute.

Rogue Jedi
Rob, the spear can regen. I never said it was more durable, it doesn't have to be that durable. It can regen from any damage done to it. THAT'S what makes it a superior weapon. That, and it's ability to extend from 3 to 7 feet. Place the spear in the hands of a master such as Nuada, and yeah, epic badassery.

And yes, Blade's sword breaks quite easily. And yes, Hellboy is a skilled fighter. He's not a martial artist, but he gets the job done.

Nuada:

PrwD4RKPKqs

Just watched the scene on DVD where he kills his father. He is unarmed. His father orders his death. What does Nuada do?

Disarms a guard, breaks his neck, kills the other. Kills a dozen more. Two left. He rushes them, kills them, then kills dear old Dad. His speed and agility in that scene is epic, dude, Blade could not have entered and done the same. The guys were all coming at him at once, it wasn't the usual where one attacks while the others watch.

So we're left with two facts:

1. Nuada has better screen feats in a sword battle.

2. Nuada's spear is a far superior weapon than Blade's sword.

Robtard
-No, he's not better than Blade. Blade also employs martial arts into his swordsmanship, another advantage.

-It is, if the weapons were to break in this battle, but this alone won't save him.

Rogue Jedi
Uh, yeah, screen feats prove what I said to be true.

Rob, you aren't hearing me......Blade's sword can be broken. Nuada's was broken. Blade's sword cannot regen. Nuada's sword can regen. Blade's sword is as is. Nuada's can be extended from 3 to 7 feet.

The point I am trying to make is that the spear is far superior to Blade's sword.

They are both fast. They are both agile. They are both kickass with their weapons.

Nuada has the feat where he took on 15ish elven guards UNARMED. Blade has nothing to compare to that.

Rogue Jedi
I just noticed something. When Nuada infiltrates Hellboy's secret base, he confronts Nuala, who has thrown the parchment and the container into the fire. He grabs the container, which is red hot, and holds it aloft. As he does so, you can hear his skin burning, sssssssssssssssssssss. So, one of two things:

Nuada is fireproof.

Or

Nuada feels no pain.

Allankles
Good fight but Blade takes this. Blade fought two highly skilled vampire martial artists in Blade 2 and more than held his own. Also in terms of speed, I think Blade is faster based on his fight with La Magra.

Rogue Jedi
Blade was out of his league fighting La Magra. Also, the two ninja vamps were not trying to kill him.

Nuada fought over a dozen elven warriors when he killed his dad. He started the fight UNARMED. These elven warriors, they were centuries old, trained in combat, and Nuada pwned them hard.

Allankles
The two vampires (Nissa and her handler) were trained for 3-5 yrs specifically to take Blade down. They were testing those skills, so even though they came to recruit him, that fight was real. Also the two vamps are together, better fighters than Hellboy.

The Elves Nuada fought weren't anywhere near as skilled as the Bloodpack, so it is irrelevant. Blade would have destroyed them as well.

Blade showed speed in the La Magra fight, when he killed La Magra, that was super speed. He was also able to keep up with La Magra through timing and skill.

Rogue Jedi
He killed La Magra as LM was in midair, LM could not zip around like a maniac.

Blade holding his own against two vampires.....Nuada, unarmed, taking out 15 centuries old Elven guards......Yeah. Screen feats, Nuada.

Allankles
He killed La Magra as LM was in midair, LM could not zip around like a maniac.

Blade holding his own against two vampires.....Nuada, unarmed, taking out 15 centuries old Elven guards......Yeah. Screen feats, Nuada.

Yeah he took him out in the air, but La Magra was in the air for only a few moments, the quickness he showed with the serum cylinders was superhuman.

Those Elves showed no impressive skills. Nissa alone would have destroyed them based on the speed and skill she showed vs Blade.

Rogue Jedi
Serum looks like semen......

Juk3n
Nothing to judge those lumbering Elven guards against, did they look skilled at all? I dont think so with the bar room brawl swinging, and they trained 100 years to fight like that? LOL.

Nuadas greatest speed feat vs blades anyone? Nuadas greatest strength feat vs Blades? Nuadas greatest durability feat vs Blades? Skill advantage? meh, as for spear vs katana, lol, INFINITLEY more control can be asserted over the katana making it much much quicker to parry a blow from a spear and counter attack especially if the person weilding the katana is a master swordsman. With vastly superhuman attributes too boot. There is no question. And as for the reach advantage, Blades speed gets around that, he has like..force-burst type speed at will.

Blade wins, he holds every physical advantage. He gets beat up a bit, cut and what not, but he aint losing the fight. Blade jobbed a little in the films, but if we go by his PEAK movie abilities, he takes this.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe. Be a helluva fight though.

Darth Martin
Blade was out of his league fighting La Magra. Also, the two ninja vamps were not trying to kill him. After the swordfight ended, granted, not when they were dueling with blades.

Blade could have killed both Assad and Nyssa. He was obviously toying with them. Hell, through half the fight he had yet to unsheath his sword. Assad was highly skilled but still no competition whatsoever to Blade.

Rogue Jedi
OK wait, why was Blade toying with two Vampires who had invaded his lair?

Darth Martin
Because he's badass.

He probably rarely runs across skilled superhuman swordwielders and was trying to have fun. Literally. You could see it watching the scene.

Rogue Jedi
I call bullshit. Blade has enemies out to kill him all over, if they invade his lair, he kills them, that's it.

Darth Martin
But he was obviously playing around. The playing foot games with Nyssa, not unsheathing his blade until more than half way through the fight, etc.

Rogue Jedi
Still not buying it.

Darth Martin
Your such a terrible customer.

Also, watch the commentary if you have the DVD. Snipes comments on it saying something like, "they broke into his house, so he has to show off his stuff".

Rogue Jedi
Nah, I am a great customer.

If someone breaks into my home, I pop caps first and ask questions later.

Darth Martin
On the contrary:

Like I said, I dont wanna shoot them, just POPPOPPOP scare them off. Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Pretty much, it was too much gun for me. If someone breaks in my home, I just want to pop off a few and scare them off. One blast from a gauge and they are red paint.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, but what I WANT isn't always what I'll GET. poppoppop scaring them off is if they aren't in yet. If they are inside, then they are toast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.