Cleopatra (1963)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
was this movie really 6 hours long and cut down to 4 ??

Is it still the most expensive movie ever made,

Thanks

T.M
Apparently yes it was 6 hours originally.

Depends where you look Forbes says it is LINK Know your money says its PotC: At World's End LINK

MildPossession
It cost around $44 million apparently, so no, it's lost the most expensive film ever made slot.

T.M
That not being adjusted for inflation.

jenika
One of the greatest ironies of the film is that quality does not seem to be the only or most important reason why movies are remembered decades after premiere.Today this film is known for many reasons - its budget is unmatched, even by Hollywood megalomaniacs today, the romance between the main stars, and last but not least, commercial failure that 20th Century Fox nearly bankrupt and in many ways marked the end of old Hollywood.The film is divided into two halves. The first part of Cleopatra and Julius Caesar and Part II of Cleopatra and Mark Antony.

roughrider
The enourmous excess of films like that in that decade, would pave the way for small indie films like EASY RIDER (1967) to be huge hits on just tiny budgets. The studio heads found they didn't know what worked for audiences anymore in the hippie decade, and so the film school generation managed to get in through the door: George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Brian DePalma, and the godfather of them all, Francis Ford Coppola. So the failure of CLEOPATRA turned out to be a great thing, for American films to progress artistically.

Rogue Jedi

BruceSkywalker
i haven't seen cleopatra in a long time.. one of my fave films of all time

rayfrank
The film is notorious for almost bankrupt 20th Century Fox.Cleopatra is an epic history with Elizabeth Taylor, Rex Harrison and Richard Burton and a host of other stars Released in 1963.The film is divided into two halves. The first part of Cleopatra and Julius Caesar and Part II of Cleopatra and Mark Antony.

residentevil3D
ANGELINA JOLIE plays the lead role in the remake...thank god.... i cant even imagine any one else in this role.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.