Elian Gonzalez: Young Communist Union

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
I'm surprised nobody has made a topic about this. Does anyone else remember when he sent a televised video to his father in Cuba proclaiming that he wanted to stay in America?

His mother says thank you for the figurative dick slap from him standing for everything she died to save him from:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100406/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1481_4

Robtard
See, should have let the sea have him.

Wild Shadow
so what is wrong with people being communist?

how does that effect you? if anything our capitalism has effected them more then they us.

Robtard
Not sure if true communism has yet to exist, China really isn't, the U.S.S.R. really wasn't; don't think Cuba is either.

As far as the "his mother died to save him" sentiment, that's a load of crap. His mother put her child recklessly in harms way.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure if true communism has yet to exist, China really isn't, the U.S.S.R. really wasn't; don't think Cuba is either.

True communism cannot work, unless you replace humans with machines.

Wild Shadow
i think communism worked in star trek

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i think communism worked in star trek

laughing Let me go get my Klingon uniform on.

Bardock42
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
I'm surprised nobody has made a topic about this. Does anyone else remember when he sent a televised video to his father in Cuba proclaiming that he wanted to stay in America?

His mother says thank you for the figurative dick slap from him standing for everything she died to save him from:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100406/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1481_4

a) it's incredibly sick how you try to evoke his dead mother as disapproving. Reminds me of the infamous Bill O'Reilly piece.

b) He was 6 years old when he was sent back to Cuba and obviously has been strongly exposed to Cuban propaganda since then as he'd be a perfect picture for the "success" of communisk

c) Not everything in Cuba stinks and everything in the US is great

d) This isn't even real news.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing Let me go get my Klingon uniform on. will the Klingon represent America and its willingness to overthrow and subversively destroy the federation and its communist way?

Shakyamunison
will the Klingon represent America and its willingness to overthrow and subversively destroy the federation and its communist way?

...and Klingons are cool. wink

inimalist
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a Communist."

-Helder Camara

Autokrat
I've always found it interesting that "Communist" revolution has taken place in countries that Marx would have not wanted it to.

inimalist
its because industrialism tends to alienate the workers from eachother due to competition between eachother for resources, whereas Marx predicted it would increase unity through class warfare.

allofyousuckkk
Originally posted by Bardock42
a) it's incredibly sick how you try to evoke his dead mother as disapproving. Reminds me of the infamous Bill O'Reilly piece.

b) He was 6 years old when he was sent back to Cuba and obviously has been strongly exposed to Cuban propaganda since then as he'd be a perfect picture for the "success" of communism

c) Not everything in Cuba stinks and everything in the US is great

d) This isn't even real news.

a) His mother would clearly be disapproving if she was willing to put her life at risk to get him to the United States.

b) no argument

c) I never said that everything in Cuba stinks, but I'm making the point that I think he would've been better off in the United States.

d) Of course it is.

jinXed by JaNx
so what is wrong with people being communist?

The communism part

allofyousuckkk
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The communism part

King Kandy
a) His mother would clearly be disapproving if she was willing to put her life at risk to get him to the United States.

b) no argument

c) I never said that everything in Cuba stinks, but I'm making the point that I think he would've been better off in the United States.

d) Of course it is.

a. So, is he supposed to live his life based on a mother he clearly doesn't agree with?

c. I don't know about that, at least he's with his own people in Cuba

d. Not really, why should anyone care that his beliefs don't happen to be identical to his mothers?

Bardock42

b) no argument

d) Of course it is.

a) like I said I find that a bit sick. Above all one might hope that his mother would want him to be happy and live a good life, no?

c) I suppose with his semi-celbrity status that might be true, though it might not be, however I wouldn't say that it is the case for everyone especially for illegal immigrants, it really depends how ones live plays out, doesn't it, we can't make accurate assumptions.

d) Well, I suppose it is real news, it's just trivial, and fast forgotten, a typical example of what is wrong with a lot of news stations nowadays.

allofyousuckkk
a) His mother saw the fallacies with their government and tried to bring him somewhere where he can have opportunity for success and freedom. Being 16, and surrounded by communist propaganda, he does not know what would be right for him. A "happy life" is dictated to him, no matter how famous he is there, he still abides by the same rules and doesn't have the chance to achieve the same things he would have in the U.S. His mother died for this.

d) this is important because he is a symbol

Lord Lucien
To quote some of that article's commentators: "Who cares?"

Bardock42
a) His mother saw the fallacies with their government and tried to bring him somewhere where he can have opportunity for success and freedom. Being 16, and surrounded by communist propaganda, he does not know what would be right for him. A "happy life" is dictated to him, no matter how famous he is there, he still abides by the same rules and doesn't have the chance to achieve the same things he would have in the U.S. His mother died for this.

d) this is important because he is a symbol

That's pretty strong pro American propaganda. And just like "he does not know what would be right for him" neither do you, don't you think?

So, yes his mother thought that there would be a better life for him in the US, but it is wrong of you to presume that she would disapprove of her son decisions now, and even worse to suggest that he somehow dishonours her by apparently embracing the live in Cuba.

Obviously he has been a tool for propaganda, of both sides, for basically all his life, and for no reason, really, which is basically what I meant with that this isn't real news, no one should care what some random 16 (or 6 when he first got used for propaganda) thinks or does. People should just give him a break.

WickedDynamite
No surprises....youth always thinks communist is cool....eventually they grow up.

The Dark Cloud
I remember being disgusted at the media feeding frenzy when this was going on. By definition he was an illegal immigrant and was rightly deported. Who cares what his situation is now.

dadudemon
That's pretty strong pro American propaganda. And just like "he does not know what would be right for him" neither do you, don't you think?

So, yes his mother thought that there would be a better life for him in the US, but it is wrong of you to presume that she would disapprove of her son decisions now, and even worse to suggest that he somehow dishonours her by apparently embracing the live in Cuba.

**** no.

Suck is right. His mother knew what was best. He just took a steamy pile of **** on his mother's grave. That son is an ungrateful piece of ****. How dare that ***hole act all upitty about it, too.

Edit - However, that doen't mean I agree or disagree with his mother...just that he's disrespectful to his mother.

no one should care what some random 16 (or 6 when he first got used for propaganda) thinks or does.

I agree.

However, since he's been proganda for both sides, you're wrong...and by extension, so am I. erm

Liberator
"But U.S. immigration officials insisted that the boy be returned to his father in Havana. Agents of the Immigration and Naturalization Service conducted an armed raid on Elian's adoptive Miami home - yielding a powerful image of paramilitary forces in America menacing a frightened 6-year-old."

I think I'd want to return to Cuba if this happened to me too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.