DMC3 Dante vs Travis Touchdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
Dante after awakening with rebellion against Travis touchdown in a swordfight. from what I've seen of Travis, he's damn good with a beam katana so this fight should be good (at least I hope so or I'll have to go back to the drawing board for better freaking fights).

BloodRain
Faster, stronger, more skilled, better regen, better reactions and range. Clear win for Dante.

Bro SMASH
I always thought this was a cool matchup. Imagine the trash talk the two have before and during the matchup.

I gotta check out DMC3 some more for this.

ScreamPaste
Stronger, yes, faster, probably, better regen, I don't think Travis /has/ regen. Better reactions can be debated, more skilled Dante does not appear to be.

BloodRain
Faster, between defiantly and no doubt. Yeah Travis was cut down and got right back up, like a low dmc regen. Travis' reactions are supersonic, hyper at best while the weakest Dante can react to Vergil who's speed >/= Dante's attack speed.

Two of the greatest swordsmen from the demon realm (>anything from the human realm) got toyed and destroyed by Dante even after they went DT on him.

BloodRawEngine
In regards to a pure sword fight, I honestly find Travis' only real problem to be Dante's healing factor. Beyond that, he has an arguably equal (if not higher) raw damage soak, has enough bullet-timer feats to make E&I virtually useless, has matched Dante's best shown attacking speed feats (which is debated as to whether it was even canon or not) in-game and out, has blocked attacks well beyond the power of a single bullet with his sword (ie giant lasers), and his best feats of agility such as jumping distance are also at least around Dante's level, the only lesser showings being there for humor over anything else. There are also his Darkside Mode powers which are his rough answer (not necessarily equal) to the likes of DT; the most basic one (called Ectasy Mode or something in NMH2) has him attacking in almost every direction at once.

I'm not necesarily giving either the win at this point, but I do believe alot of things are being overlooked a bit regarding Travis. Under these circumstances, I think he can give Dante a fight.

BloodRain
Think you or anyone else could post some vids of his feats? Of the few Travis threads only one clip for his regen has been shown.

Jinkaza1987
Cool matchup...

what i want to add to the discussion is that... since we are talking about a sword fight, than we should look at the swords too, unfortunately i only played NMH1 but still how does travis' beam katana matched up against the rebellion?

my vote goes to dante still...i mean... he fights with life size monsters but travis... lets be generous here, he fights with psychopathic assasins? while some of them are really tough and even robotic, most of them are just hot babes and joke characters...

think about it... Dante VS Ryuji, Margaret Moonlight, Captain Vladimir

no biggie... but

Travis VS cereberus OR Gigapede OR Beowulf

travis is too cartoonish to beat those monsters....

TheGoldenSpy
Dante chops his head off with rebellion.

menokokoro
What is Travis Touchdown from?

Nephthys
No More Heroes.

http://www.gamerroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/no-more-heroes-paradise.jpg

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by BloodRain
Think you or anyone else could post some vids of his feats? Of the few Travis threads only one clip for his regen has been shown.

Well, here're some that most immediately come to mind. For attack speed, here's one from NMH2:

Within the first thirty to forty-five seconds.
VvsX-lf9P_A

Damage soak, here're a few from NHM1:

Parries a bullet, that explodes right on him and sends him flying into the walls:
ZJuqCdk39mo

Takes an electric shock that seemingly killed the entire room of people before and then about three different super powers.
wQkz_KcA7OQ

Takes four grenade explosions and comes out pretty much unscathed.
RqkacBqv6fo

For a good jumping feat:

Skip to about 5:21
l0j0BHo1rUc

There's also this one attack of his called Anarchy in the Galaxy, this super AoE explosion he got from his favorite anime or something:
MwEYFbokazk

Among any of Dante's other showings in DMC3, Travis has yet to do things like run down a tower or swing a motorbike around or something (he does have one though).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.