Revan and Malak vs Exar Kun & Ulic-quel Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Who emerges victorious?
Revan fights Exar Kun
Malak fights Ulic quel Droma

Force
Lightsaber
All Out

Battle site is Malachor V

Lord Lucien
Dude, seriously?

AncientSithLord
Yeah, Kun and Qel-Droma definitely win out here. Not that it wouldn't be a difficult battle, but while Malak and Revan are using Force lightning, Force wave, lightsaber etc., Kun is using Sith magic. Kun and Qel-Droma are both good lightsaber duelists as well.

The writers of the KOTOR game itself included a line saying Revan was not as powerful as Kun. The writers said they weren't trying to make Revan the strongest Sith; they were never trying to outdo anyone, and it's quite obvious from what we see of Revan and Malak that, while possessing great raw Force potential, just didn't have the same Force arsenal as most of their predecessors.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientSithLord The writers of the KOTOR game itself included a line saying Revan was not as powerful as Kun. The writers said they weren't trying to make Revan the strongest Sith; they were never trying to outdo anyone, and it's quite obvious from what we see of Revan and Malak that, while possessing great raw Force potential, just didn't have the same Force arsenal as most of their predecessors.
Can you provide the quote from KoTOR writers which suggests that Exar Kun was more powerful?

As far as I remember, KoTOR projected Darth Malak as the next big thing after Exar Kun. However, no comparisons were drawn.

truejedi
oh my.

AncientSithLord
The Rodian on the space station said it IIRC. I'm pretty sure someone else (Jolee?) says as much too.

Check the original KOTOR thread (the first 10 or so pages) over at JCC if you want to be sure. wink

truejedi
The Rodian on the space station, and Jolee wouldn't know. Needs to be OOU.

AncientSithLord
Originally posted by truejedi
The Rodian on the space station, and Jolee wouldn't know. Needs to be OOU.

I never did say it was OOU. However, both were actually there in the Great Sith War. Everything said IU is not rubbish, especially if it agrees with what we see "on-screen." In this case, we see Kun instakilling enemies with Sith magic. With Revan, we don't.

And Bioware did say they weren't trying to outdo others such as Kun with Revan.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientSithLord
The Rodian on the space station said it IIRC. I'm pretty sure someone else (Jolee?) says as much too.

Check the original KOTOR thread (the first 10 or so pages) over at JCC if you want to be sure. wink
That Rodian was indeed impressed by the power of the Exar Kun but he knew nothing about Revan or Malak. When he learned about the Dark Lord of the Sith of KoTOR, he joked that no matter what you do, these Dark Lords always pop out some way or other. He made no comparisons between Exar Kun and Darth Revan, since he new nothing about the latter.

Jolee also knew a lot about Exar Kun but he also never claimed that Exar Kun was more powerful than Revan.

As far as Revan is concerned, several people had recognized his great power and potential; Bastilla Shan, Kriea, Ajunta Pall, Uthar Wynn, Vrook Lamar, and Bane.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientSithLord I never did say it was OOU. However, both were actually there in the Great Sith War. Everything said IU is not rubbish, especially if it agrees with what we see "on-screen." In this case, we see Kun instakilling enemies with Sith magic. With Revan, we don't.

And Bioware did say they weren't trying to outdo others such as Kun with Revan.
We have yet to see Revan in direct combat but canonical sources do confirm that he defeated many notable warriors of his time. Exar Kun was good in his time and Revan was good in his time. Both were famous and powerful but due to lack of knowledge of full extent of capabilities of the latter, we cannot form a valid conclusion on who was better.

However, the KOTOR Campaign Guide does provides a list of Revan's capabilities though.

Lord Lucien
Dude, seriously? We now have two of these guys here? At the same time?

Red Nemesis
This could prove to be the most entertaining thing evar.

Ms.Marvel
"the rodian on the space station"

i lol'd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.