£780,172,602,739

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedDynamite
http://www.debt-clock.org/

Are you guys in competition with our government to see who spend the most?

messed

§P0oONY
Isn't the US debt clock around $12 trillion?

Quiero Mota
Yeah, so we have you beat pretty good in "How low can you go?".

Ms.Marvel
"I think if would be simpler for me to clarify a few things right off the bat. By simple definition, we are in the business of winning wars. What else do you need an army for? Take the Cold War. We won, without firing a single shot. Why? One, we just flat-out out-spent them. The Russians couldn't shovel money into the fire faster than we could. Two, technology. No one shapes nature the way we do. We take atoms and molecules, and by the time we're finished with them, they're everything from combat boots to bombs, the kind of bombs no one from the other side will ever see until the damn thing's plowing down their chimney like Santa Claus from hell! "

Lord Lucien
That sounds familiar...

One Free Man
i'd like to point out that great Britain is a 1500 year old empire and they have a smaller tab then our relatively young nation.

Liberator
So, uh, capitalism works, eh?

Bicnarok

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Liberator

Of course it does...why, have you seen how prosperous the USSR looks?

Liberator

Bardock42

Robtard
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I recon they should pass a law setting all dept and money to 0, so we can start again on an even field.

No, then the poor won't know their place.

Bicnarok
capitalism is dictatorship in disguise

§P0oONY
capitalism is dictatorship in disguise Except capitalism isn't a form of government. It's an economic system.

I love how seriously people take these numbers. Of course national debt is an important thing to keep an eye on but our economic systems rely on debt. It's what pushes economies further. Neither the US or UK are anywhere near a state of emergency. And the credit crunch isn't what I class as an emergency.

Liberator

Ms.Marvel
same with any other economic system, apparently...

Symmetric Chaos
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the US been in a state of emergency since like the 20's?

No, but the US did spend the time from 1920 to 1978 in a state of emergency because no one bothered to check. After that Congress ruled that a state of emergency could only last 2 years unless actively extended.

One Free Man
I don't care too much for money; money can't buy me love.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by One Free Man

In true capitalism it can.

ArtificialGlory

Money is eternal. Love is rentable.

Mindset
I don't care too much for money; money can't buy me love. It can buy me. embarrasment

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Mindset
It can buy me. embarrasment

slag laughing

§P0oONY
slag laughing False... slags don't need to be bought.

Juk3n
capitalism is dictatorship in disguise

The world gives dictatorship a bad rep, personally i think it's better to have 1 person dividing up the cake, then have 50 million people fighting for it.

Give dictatorship a chance.

Autokrat
Originally posted by Juk3n
The world gives dictatorship a bad rep, personally i think it's better to have 1 person dividing up the cake, then have 50 million people fighting for it.

Give dictatorship a chance.

http://shadowwar.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/stalin.jpg

Bicnarok
slag laughing

so your just 1/2 a slag then,

Ultraviolence

Are you implying that it doesn't work because it isn't used efficiently?

Juk3n
Originally posted by Autokrat
http://shadowwar.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/stalin.jpg

<3 dad..

stick out tongue

Deano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.