Gears of War 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
I woke up this morning and turned on the 360. Then found the nifty surprise of Gears of War 3: The Story concludes April 2011.

Here is a link to a source confirming my lunacy

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/09/gears-of-war-3-announced-by-your-xbox/

First gameplay details

http://www.edge-online.com/news/first-gears-of-war-3-gameplay-details

§P0oONY
Well... Looks like we know what the best game of 2011 will be now.

Zack Fair
Kindda early to call it that, but I'm looking forward to chainsawing more Locusts

ArtificialGlory
More "Gears of War" and "Halo" games are exactly what we need right now.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
More "Gears of War" and "Halo" games are exactly what we need right now.

No we need CoD18 with $45 map packs

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Zack Fair
No we need CoD18 with 45 bucks maps

Oh yea, don't forget CoD.

Zack Fair
I miss the Half Life 2s =\

§P0oONY
Kindda early to call it that, but I'm looking forward to chainsawing more Locusts You know it's going tobe more of the same. This means that it will certainly be up there.

Zack Fair
They need to up the gameplay if they want GOTY honors. If it stays too much like the previous 2 people won't be so nice with it IMO.

I would like them to fix their online netcode and matchmaking systems.

§P0oONY
Why wouldn't they be nice about it? Gears gameplay is brilliant. I'm not sure I've ever had more fun with a game than playing Gears campaign with a friend. Plus actual GOTY awards are laughable.

I also couldn't give a shit about online gameplay. So they can do what they want with it and I would be none the wiser.

Alpha Centauri
They do need to change things if it's going to be anything other than more Gears.

The reason the first one was so great was because it was quite revolutionary in its gameplay dynamic. Like all sequels that follow revolutionary and surprising games, 2 had none of the initial charm. Whilst the gameplay was still good enough to make it really fun, it wasn't great.

Bioshock 2 was great, and for me the loss of initial charm didn't take anything from it, but it wasn't there.

When you're three games in, there's an issue. Resident Evil were five canonical games in when they decided to change things up (Unless you count Code: Veronica's 3Dness), and it did wonders.

-AC

§P0oONY
I'd be more than happy if it was just "more gears" though. If it's not broken don't fix it. Look at God of War, thye've not mixed anything up in terms of gameplay but all 3 (4 if you count chains of olympus) are very fun to play and are worth owning. I'm not saying a series could last forever without changing but 3 games is well within a the lifespan for a series like Gears of War... without it needing to change it's gameplay..

Alpha Centauri
I don't actually agree.

I saw some of God of War 3 today, and I can appreciate why some would find it fun. I found the Hermes fight to be VERY satisfying, and some of it is enjoyable.

If that was the first game they made, I'd be a lot more kind to it. The fact that it's the third and they haven't done much is what bothers me. At least change the characters or the story a bit, like in Resident Evil.

I wouldn't mind if the story on Gears was better, it's just numbingly generic. A prequel may be decent, though. One set around the time of Emergence Day.

-AC

§P0oONY
I see your point but I don't completely agree.

I thought God of War 3 was terrific (Hermes was brilliant, while I was chasing him I knew how I wanted to kill him and the game didn't disappoint), I also had more fun playing 3 then probably both 1 and 2, sure it was more of the same but it was just a little bit more polished, more epic. The story was so-so but I wasn't expecting it to be fantastic. I bought the game because I wanted more epic fights with smooth controls, I bought it becasue I wanted gruesome murders of Godly things. It's a series that I don't believe needs inovation to be fun, just chuck in a couple of new weapons, new bosses and new equipment and I'm happy.

Gears of War is the same. I'll buy it because I know I'll get a good 8-10 hours of chainsawing fun gameplay with my flat mate. I like that the characters are 1 dimensional, I like that the story requires no thought. I like pretty much everything about the games. They're just fun to play. Innovation could only hurt it in my mind.

Zack Fair
GoW's online multiplayer has lots of potential but unfortunately they keep screwing it up.

Phanteros
Inovation isn't always a good thing. Sonic team keeps trying but keeps failing at that. Some games are just not meant to be tampered with. Gears is fine the way it is.

Zack Fair
I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Gears of War: Emergence Day and spice things up ala Halo reach.

§P0oONY
I personally couldn't give a toss when it was set. So long as we get some quallity lines of dialouge and fantastic chainsaw filled combat.

WickedDynamite
Keep the gore and violence top notch and that's what I want.

thumb up

Nemesis X
I saw a trailer earlier today and was surprised when I saw a female Gear (Anya maybe). Good thing Cliffy realized that through most of the series, it's been a sausage fest and has had enough.

Ms.Marvel
a girl gear! eek!

hawtness!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I saw a trailer earlier today and was surprised when I saw a female Gear (Anya maybe). .

Link please for the trailer.

Ms.Marvel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTfmSf5I2uM

Kazenji
Good to see the actual trailer

went looking for it yesterday but all i found was some bullshit one.

§P0oONY
I don't liike the idea of a female Gear, I reckon it can only downgrade the character interaction. There is something nice about the way guys are with other guys (in a bloke-y way), one and two are a fair representation of this. It would be a shame to lose that dynamic just to stop some femanists getting pissed off.

With any luck she'll be another Tai, Carmine or... Carmine. So we can get back to Marcus, Dom, Cole and Baird fun.

Kazenji
I saw a trailer earlier today and was surprised when I saw a female Gear (Anya maybe).

It is Anya according to The Gearspedia.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Kazenji
It is Anya according to The Gearspedia. Not exactly what I'd call a reliable confirmation.

Warden
Oh great just what I don't want, a female gear

Kazenji

Alpha Centauri
I saw a trailer earlier today and was surprised when I saw a female Gear (Anya maybe). Good thing Cliffy realized that through most of the series, it's been a sausage fest and has had enough.

Yeah, because clearly she's going to be as feminine as a Victoria's Secret angel.

-AC

§P0oONY
Well can you find a better scource? THere isn't going to be one is there. I just don't think we can say it's Anya, she doesn't look anything like her. It's probably just a new character.

Ms.Marvel
how is it going to kill the atmosphere at all? erm

i guess you guys have never seen aliens...

§P0oONY
Alien wasn't a sequal of a heavily "bromance" franchise.

It's like having a bloke as one of the girls in Sex and the City... Or a girl being a main character in Road Trip. Even if this woman turns out to be butch (and she doesn't really look it from the trailer) the game will lose something.

Maybe it's hard for you to understand but as a guy, going to the pub with a bunch of male friends is different to going to the pub with both sexes. In the same way that going out on a girls night out is different to going out with both sexes. It was just nice to have a game that was 100% blokey.

Zack Fair
I have no problem with a femgear so long as she is cool. badass and doesn't die in 5 minutes.

Alpha Centauri

pgdarth95
I miss the Half Life 2s =\
keep your head up, valve is working on half life 2 episode 3, i should be out soon.....i hope..... confused

Kazenji
And also Portal 2

Ms.Marvel
half life 2 bored the hell out of me, TBH.

ive never understood the acclaim it gets. even for its time, the only thing that stood out to me was the graphics and the physics system, which admittedly is to this day pretty mind blowing. but other than that... gameplay seemed very stale and and the story was just so0o0o0o unengaging to me... i didnt feel engrossed in the universe or in the character at all.

§P0oONY
Half Life 2 is to first person shooters as Shakespeare is to theatre, it defines the genre. You have zero taste in games if you rate Deus Ex 2 but not Half Life 2.

Ms.Marvel
... i havent rated deuce ex 2... so im going to assume that that is just another "spoony makes random declarative statements to no one in particular" moments o.o

regardless, if half life defines then the genre then i pity the genre, game is just really average.

§P0oONY
Must have been someone else then. I'd apoligise but I don't really like you so I won't.

Ms.Marvel
its ok, no ones perfect, me being the exception

Zack Fair
Finest story telling in FPS IMO

Ms.Marvel
gears?

Zack Fair
No, lol, I mean HL2

Ms.Marvel
oh. why, OOC? like, what about the way the story is presented makes it so great to you?

Alpha Centauri
More people probably agree Half-Life is so amazing than actually believe it, and appreciate it.

That happens to all things that are generally agreed to be amazing and, as a result, end up popular.

It's subjective either way, but I'm always suspicious of something very layered and intelligent garnering such wide-spread, worldwide acclaim. The general populace are generally idiots who wouldn't know anything intellectual if it raped them in prison with the Born-Oppenheimer approximation printed on the condom.

Thus, when everyone starts praising it for things you know they probably don't get, you should be suspicious.

That doesn't mean it isn't worthy of certain praises.

Subjective as it is, I'd say to call Half-Life average is crazy.

-AC

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Subjective as it is, I'd say to call Half-Life average is crazy.

-AC

how do you figure? i know a lot of people say its great but i find that sometimes its hard for them to really explain why.

is it something that you would to had experienced to when it came out, to understand? because i played through it just last year and wasnt impressed aside from the phsyics engine

Zack Fair
Meh.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
is it something that you would to had experienced to when it came out, to understand? because i played through it just last year and wasnt impressed aside from the phsyics engine

Yeah, at least for me. HL2 was good fun the first time I played it back in 2004. I tried replaying it a couple of months ago, but had to stop because I was getting bored out of my mind.

BackFire
Half Life 2 has the finest level design this side of Bioshock. The world feels like a real place, not a series of disperate levels populated with things for you to shoot, as it is in most FPS games. It feels like a place that existed before I put the disc in and turned on the game, and it feels like it continues to exist after turning off the game. When I'm going through City 17, it feels like a living breathing city soaked in bleakness and tragedy. It also juggles large scale firefights with intimate fear based survival horror type gameplay better than any other game, also expertly mixing in little puzzles. I was never that impressed with the physics in Half Life 2, nor the gunplay, this is a series that lives and dies on the world and levels that they create, and they are very special in this game.

The story finds itself in the strange place of being very generic in its most basic premise (aliens invade, shit goes wrong) while being extraordinarily unique in the way it tells said story: Through the world itself. No lazy cutscenes with hamfisted dialogue here, just straight forward environmental storytelling. It's not afraid of being intellectual, it doesn't talk down to the player, it assumes, rather bravely in this day and age, that the person playing the game is not a total idiot, and thus will understand the nuances that can be found in the game. The key to this is forcing you to stay in the eyes of Gordon Freeman 100% of the time, something every FPS game should do now. It is inherently better to stay within the confines of the character you are supposed to be, especially in a genre that lives and dies on immersing you in the world, which is what a good FPS game must do in order to be truly successful in any meaningful way beyond neanderthallic and hollow satisfaction.

It also has the best character development in the history of not just the genre, but I think possibly the entire medium. I came to care for Alyx more so than any other single character in my 24 years of gaming. Sweet, smart, funny and sassy, she personifies what a good female character should be, not a busty bimbo with 36 D's, but someone who you end up caring for as you would a sister. This relationship you form with her is the crux of the game, and the payoff is in the monumentally powerful and haunting ending to Half Life 2 Episode 2, the saddest moment I think gaming has yet achieved. No melodrama here, just very blunt and sad despair. A complex feeling which fits perfectly in what is the most complex and deep FPS game around.

Zack Fair
Bravo.

I will never forget "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes."

Nemesis X
There are rumors that there's gonna be a level where you can play underwater. Why underwater? Most demands I've been reading from Gears fans was that they wanted to fight in space. Fighting in dark, murky water with a chance to meet monsters (like the giant fish in Gears 2) doesn't seem pleasent.

§P0oONY
Swamp sort of gameplay sounds far more logical than space (which is what I assume you mean by water, I don't know how they would really implament actual underwater into gears gameplay). Why on earth would they be fighting in space?

Ms.Marvel
for underwater im guessing theyre referring to flooded sewers and/or stations or something, considering that the end of the last game invovled jacinto sinking

§P0oONY
for underwater im guessing theyre referring to flooded sewers and/or stations or something, considering that the end of the last game invovled jacinto sinking Yeah, sort of like waist high? Like the blood in 2?

Ms.Marvel
i dont know... i hope they dont go the bioshock route and have actual underwater cities and stuff though...

by he way backfire, thanks for that input. i dont really agree with any of it but i appreciate the fact that youre willing to put that out there in the first place.

§P0oONY
I think you really need to replay HL2. I agree with pretty much everything Backfire said, minus the Alyx stuff probably. I liked her as a character and the end of episode 2 was gutting but I don't think I cared about her that much. I just think Backfire has a little VG crush.

Ms.Marvel
well like i said i played it just last year and i really wasnt impressed with the storyline or the gameplay. i think what really did it for me was how empty everything is all the time in that game... theres no music 90% of the time (if at all, cant remember), and you spend the majority of the time wandering around alone killing dozens and dozens of lifeless no personality clones. there was nothing that really put me into the game..

it does come down to preference though, im just a really big fan of cinematic and linear games. its why i cant play games like fallout. when theres no actual stimulation (wither it be through character interaction or pulse racing music or intense fighting etc) i just get bored... ive never been impressed purely by the aesthetics of a game, like level design. closest ive come so far is to modern warfare 2's storyline, in which the actual levels were at times jaw dropping in terms of impact and implications. i think thats kind of cheating though because the developers just had to tweak and convert real life areas into the game as opposed to creating all new ones.

as for alyx... she was okay i guess...

BackFire
Did you play the episodes as well? Because that's when the storyline, and more specifically your relationship with Alyx really becomes a powerful drawing force in the series. Really Episode 1 in its entirety is almost purely about developing the relationship with Alyx, and Episode 2 is the payoff of that development.

Menetnashté
I have no problem with a femgear so long as she is cool. badass and doesn't die in 5 minutes.
Well Carmine mentioned having a sister right? Maybe it's the last of the carmine family

Zack Fair

§P0oONY
I hope it isn't a female Carmine for the reason that if it is they won't kill her off, I like the idea of there being a Carmine a game getting killed off. There is no way they would intoduce a female character to kill her off. They'd get so much stick from feminists.

Zack Fair
TBH I was hoping for the third Carmine to be a badass. Or how about a Saving Private Carmine? Lol

§P0oONY
By now I just think it's funny waiting to the enevitable Carmine death scene.

The first Carmine death produced my favourite lines of dialogue in the second one .

Dom: There's so much damn dust in here!
Carmine: You know, these helmets have filtering systems. If you wore one, you wouldn't have to breathe in the dust.
Dom: Yeag, and I wouldn't be able to see snipers as well, right?
Marcus: Cool it Dom...

Although pretty much everything said by Baird is right up there with my favourite lines.

Zack Fair
I agree that was tight, but I just kind of feel sorry for them. No parents should lose all their children =( Plus I liked how B. Carmine was actually getting better with the tutoring of Delta.

Ms.Marvel
im pretty sure all the carmines were brothers, guys..

@backfire: nope i havent played the episodes

Zack Fair

Clay Carmine for the win!

BTW Episode 2 is very awesome.

§P0oONY
Both episodes are amazing, I prefer them to the original game. They're like a more condensed HL2.

Ms.Marvel
clay carmine?

Zack Fair
clay carmine?

Exactly

Ms.Marvel
i hope hes buff and only speaks Spanish in a husky voice and has a pony tail.

for immersion reasons >___>

Zack Fair
I'll take your word for it <_<;

I hope he kicks some Locust ass.

§P0oONY
I just hope he dies.

Phanteros
I hope he doesn't. Enough of the "OMG you killed Camine!!! You bastard!"

Menetnashté

I dunno, I could've sworn B. Carmine mentioned having a sister in Gears 2, I need to go back and play through it. One playthrough and I was done, they need to fix the online on this next one.

Zack Fair

Morridini
I loved the multiplayer, but with the matchmaking it is simply such a horrible experience that I just gave up.

Menetnashté
I wouldn't mind a decent boss fight and them introducing some characters they won't kill off either

RE: Blaxican
So, gaiz.

First the good stuff

Also confirms playable female Gear. Rock on!

A little bit of campaign action

More female Gear'y goodness, and also, at least three player co-op. Ossum.

Between this and a couple other games, Microsoft won E3 for me.

EDIT- Which isn't saying much considering it sucked this year.

FinalAnswer
I clicked the first link and faced a barrage of Anti-PS3 comments.

I lol'd.

That's how I felt when reading every MGS4 article that exists.

It's too bad that game ended up sucking though.

FinalAnswer
Yeah, the part where the game ended really wrecked it for me. I really wanted to keep playing moar.

I don't even remember the ending lol

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I don't even remember the ending lol

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/ef/Mgs4spoiler.jpg

Admittedly, that is ten thousand times superior the shitty GEARS 2 STORYLINE THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SHOWN TO ME

Zack Fair
Rofl rofl rofl rofl

FinalAnswer
Admittedly, that is ten thousand times superior the shitty GEARS 2 STORYLINE THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SHOWN TO ME

Which is still better then Resident Evil 5's storyline.

Yes! haermm

Nemesis X
The thoughts on the protagonist and antagonist...

Marcus Fenix: In the past, we fought for fictional fuel when we can't just use oil, gas, and other **** but whatever. Right now, we go to war against mole people. Before the battle, we've been given roids which we speculate inspired Capcom to make Chris Redfield the man he is today but putting that aside, did I forget to mention that said fuel turns the Locust into rip-offs of the Flood from the Halo series for no reason whatsoever? Not to mention that even though we humans posess the technology to make satellites shoot lasers hot as the sun from space, we can't seem to use the same tech to make our weapons more powerful but who needs plasma guns WHEN YOU GOT A CHAINSAW ATTACHED TO AN ASSAULT RIFLE BABY!!!

Locust Queen: I'm the ruler of underground beings that have the intelligence of an eggplant. When humans arrived to our planet, we wanted to see if we can coexist but just watching their actions and not doing any negotiations at all, lets just go to full blown war and kill and enslave their asses even if the results end with us getting owned. How fun.

Nemesis X
^ Yeah...I'm laying off the caffeine (yes I'm aware this a late response).

Anyways, the new Carmine (Clayton) in Gears of War 3 will either live or die. Here's the best part, it's all up to you. Vote now to decide whether this Cramine lives or bites the dust like his brothers.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/21/determine-carmines-fate-in-gears-of-war-3-help-childs-play/2

I voted Carmine to live btw

Kazenji
New Gears of War 3 Screens Show Anya Kicking Locust Ass....only one picture tho

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7500-New-Gears-of-War-3-Screens-Show-Anya-Kicking-Locust-Ass.html

General_Iroh
I feel like the amount of suck that the second game generated has kind of ruined this game for me. I have zero interest and zero expectations. erm was anything ever said about online for this one? If they plan on bringing back matchmaking?

Why would they not have matchmaking? no expression

Kazenji
What was suck about the second one?.......unless it was suck for certain people on this forum

because i heard lots of good things about personally.

They made it much more noob friendly compared to the first one, and the Matchmaking mechanics were pretty terrible. It often took upwards of five or so minutes to get a match together, and another minute or two to load.

Compared to Gears of War 1, where it took you about 30 seconds to find a match and join it.

Kazenji
and the Matchmaking mechanics were pretty terrible. It often took upwards of five or so minutes to get a match together, and another minute or two to load.

I've been playing it lately and it has'nt bothered me. It taking up to 5 or so mins to get a match together.

Zack Fair
They made it much more noob friendly compared to the first one, and the Matchmaking mechanics were pretty terrible. It often took upwards of five or so minutes to get a match together, and another minute or two to load.

Compared to Gears of War 1, where it took you about 30 seconds to find a match and join it.

It actually took more than 5 minutes to find a match. Sometimes it took nearly 20 minutes to find a lobby. I am talking about pre-patch, but that is a huge blow to the community. Not to mention it lagged like there was no tomorrow. They messed up big time when trying to implement matchmaking.

They need to get to work if they want to get communities like CoD/Halo. Otherwise it will always be 2nd tier MP to me.

Kosmic King
I'd play it! Once I finish the second one of course.

Nemesis X
Good thing I bought the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm. I got on the beta early today and it's friggin awesome. The Retro Lancer is one of the best weapons I've ever used in it.

Kazenji
It actually took more than 5 minutes to find a match. Sometimes it took nearly 20 minutes to find a lobby. I am talking about pre-patch, but that is a huge blow to the community. Not to mention it lagged like there was no tomorrow. They messed up big time when trying to implement matchmaking.

no expression

oh rly?

Gears 2 multiplayers seems fine for me which i've been playing lately have'nt got any lag... suppose thanks to that patch.

Zack Fair
no expression

oh rly?

Gears 2 multiplayers seems fine for me which i've been playing lately have'nt got any lag... suppose thanks to that patch.

Yep. In the beginning it was horrible, but that didn't stop me from playing.

Does anyone have the GoW3 beta so we can play some?

Kazenji
Thats why i usually wait for some Game of the year edtion/Limited Edtion to came out i very rarely play games as soon as they come out.

Kazenji
5rTrJHpmXAk

Nemesis X
I'm enjoying the beta but there's one thing that's really pissing me off. Those damn sawed-off shotguns are a pain in the @$$. Can't even perform a chainsaw or bayonet kill unless those guys are dumb enough to not use them. That weapon should've been amongst the other weapons you find scattered around the maps. It shouldn't be with every friggin individual. It ruins the game.

Zack Fair
That is why you're playing a beta, friend.

Kazenji
Its not suppose to be a perfect game when in those early stages.

Nemesis X
Violence and adorableness can live in harmony after all. I had a lot of fun with this on the beta today.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/24/gears-of-war-3-beta-gets-a-long-eared-easter-egg/

Happy easter everyone!

Kazenji
Might end up preordering this game after i've gotten Duke out of the way.

Nemesis X
The beta expires on May 15th by the way.

Kazenji
Just looking at the pre-orders theres a limited collectors edition and the Epic edition

whats the difference?......not much from what i'm looking at.

General G
They aren't saying what's in the different editions until E3 I believe.

Nemesis X
Me and Blaxican were playing some Team Deathmatch and in one of the rounds, he was the last one in his team who was still standing. He was playing hide and seek with the enemy team and wasn't exposed until one of them randomly threw a grenade and Dom shouting "incoming smoke!" That made my day.

Nemesis X
The beta is having major issues. Whenever I keep choosing whether to play TDM, KOTH, or CTL, I'm always taken to the match I didn't select. For some reason, it kept taking me to CTL and I hate that match.

Zack Fair
It is happened to me too like a week ago

Nemesis X
Today's the last day of the beta. I knew Epic was gonna give us another mode to play in before it got closed but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Instead of the badass Beast Mode, they gave us Torque Bow Tag facepalm

Zack Fair
uhuh

Agreed.

Kosmic King
Well I'm yet to finish Gears of War 2, though I'll check this out eventually.

Kazenji
Notice that there "might be" another double xp coming up for Gears 2 if people tweet their most anticipated game for this year over at IGN and Gears 3 wins

never done one of those events.

Nemesis X
I'm kinda scared of what's gonna be in the retail. TBT was not the only surprise yesterday. There was also the availability of the Hammer of Dawn in the Trenches map. It was a massacre. The enemy team got to it before mine did and they ended us faster than Dom can shout "incoming smoke!" No really, once you got the Hammer, your team automatically wins. It's ridiculous.

That's a horrible map to put it in. Trenches is all about blobbing people up. I don't understand why they would want it in that map. It should have been on Thrashball stadium.

Kazenji
So its been revealed whats in the Epic & Limited Collectors edtion

only 3 things that sets the Epic edtion apart seems to be

-Limited Edition Marcus Fenix statue
-'The Art and Design of Gears of War' by Tom Bissell
-Infected Omen weapons pack

Kazenji
Clayton Carmine lives..........unless Cliff and Epic decide to do a last minute change

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8411-Spoiler-Alert--Carmine-s-Fate-in-Gears-of-War-3-Revealed.html

Kazenji
Teaser a very short one....for a new trailer thats going to primere

TmrMsxAMUsY

Kazenji
E3 Trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=78192

Eh... the atmosphere looks like a little bright, compared to the old ones. I shall withhold judgement though.

Kazenji
Looks a little bright?!? erm

i guess you don't remember much of the other two then.

Scythe
I read about the Infected Omen weapons pack, what is it exactly though?

Looks a little bright?!? erm

i guess you don't remember much of the other two then. .... Shut up Kazenji.

Kazenji
You know i'm right...

some gamplay footage that was shown on Jimmy fallon

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/what-to-do-when-you-cant-shoot-out-eyeballs-on-jimmy-fallon/

Kazenji
Leaked Gears of War 3 Footage

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8897-Leaked-Gears-of-War-3-Footage-Spoils-Opening-Five-Minutes.html

Nemesis X
spzJSE1jJZ8

faint

Kazenji
Apparantly with that leaked footage it is'nt whats represented in the final game according to Microsoft.

dadudemon
Apparantly with that leaked footage it is'nt whats represented in the final game according to Microsoft.

That looked fun, though. If they can deliver something like that or even improve, it should be fun.

Nemesis X
nCS0d5wT-LI

kappadawg
Definitely one of the best games of the year to come!

Kazenji
Lets hope the general who commands the Locust in this third game is a challenge, Skorge was piss weak in the second game.

Kazenji
uFtTxz_YcEk

And also you can unlock the character Griffen for Gears of War 3 by getting a code over at the Gears 3 Facebook page.

Scythe
So the game got leaked, co-worker of mine was playing while I was eating a sandwich like an accessory. He started spouting stuff that I'm hoping Cliffy B changes cuz as from what was shown:

Dom and Baird die, Locust are human made afterall and Clayton Carmine lives throughout the whole game

Dunno how much of that is will stay true in the final product, but it's what happened.

Morridini
Originally posted by Scythe
Locust are human made afterall

Well um, that's kinda what they've been hinting at for two games now, so why would that be a bad thing? Foreshadowed and a logic conclusion.

Scythe
Originally posted by Morridini
Well um, that's kinda what they've been hinting at for two games now, so why would that be a bad thing? Foreshadowed and a logic conclusion.

It's not a bad thing at all, they just get to the point this time around, but no shocker.

Morridini
So if it's not a bad thing, why would you want them to change it?

Scythe
Originally posted by Morridini
So if it's not a bad thing, why would you want them to change it?

Should have stated, I don't want those things in general changed, I just like some change in general. A twist here and there, since the game was leaked, alot of people know what to expect, ya know? As much as I tried to keep this game spoiler free, it was unwantingly spoiled. I'd at least like a neat little surprise.

I probably wouldn't want the deaths or locust thing changed, maybe switch things around so it'll be something new to expect? Either way is fine, still gettin' the shit out of this game.

Zack Fair
Yo Schyte that is an awesome sig.

Scythe
Yo Schyte that is an awesome sig.

Thanks, baby.

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/seen-gdc-europe-epic-games-president-mike-capps-adorable-lapto/

Pffffffft.

Kazenji
They did something like that for Timesplitters using that Gears logo

Kazenji

Nemesis X
2t8Y0kavh3w

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>