The world will end

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
what procedures would humanity take if they had solid evidence the world would end.

1st by a huge flood (covering all land)
2nd solar flare
3rd. and astroide

Shakyamunison
Die

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

We would construct some sort of floating vehicle. I suggest it be called a Buoyant Otter-like American Transport.

2nd solar flare

Construct underground vaults with heavy radiation shielding and get as many people as possible inside. Rebuild once the flare has done its damage.

3rd. and astroide

Use shaped nuclear charges to push it into Mars, simultaneously avoiding disaster and defeating out greatest enemy.

Liberator
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Die

Mairuzu
Faith

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
We would construct some sort of floating vehicle. I suggest it be called a Buoyant Otter-like American Transport.

Construct underground vaults with heavy radiation shielding and get as many people as possible inside. Rebuild once the flare has done its damage.

Use shaped nuclear charges to push it into Mars, simultaneously avoiding disaster and defeating out greatest enemy. great answers

Bicnarok

§P0oONY
I'd love to be killed my something epic that ends the world. Although if you crazy religious people are right then I hope the queues to the gates of heaven/hell are in alphabetic order because I don't want to be in line for an age.

Wild Shadow
well i see me myself buying some floaties... depending how long it take for it to arrive i would probably start killing certain politically powerful ppl... Jay and silent bob style city to city.

solar flare i would put on some suntan lotion SPF 3 billion.and depending how long it takes i would travel and kill certain powerful and political figures to waste time till the time arrives.

asteroid i guess i would buy a hard hat and then spend my time going up and down the country killing certain hypocritical politicians and powerful Ceo's untill the end comes.

seriously what would we be doing? i can see some nukes being used to take out an asteroid, hiding underground and inside mountans maybe large arks.. but it would oonly save a small percentage of humanity and hopefully pray that they dont die and are also diverse enough to continue procreating.

§P0oONY
You'd go around killing poweful CEOs? Why? That just has to be because they're successful and you're jealous right?

Wild Shadow

Ultraviolence
what procedures would humanity take if they had solid evidence the world would end.

2nd solar flare
3rd. and astroide

What makes you think that floods, solar flares or "asteroids" would "end" the world? Do you think anything ever really ends? The world would experience drastic changes but it would not end.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
well i see me myself buying some floaties... depending how long it take for it to arrive i would probably start killing certain politically powerful ppl... Jay and silent bob style city to city.

solar flare i would put on some suntan lotion SPF 3 billion.and depending how long it takes i would travel and kill certain powerful and political figures to waste time till the time arrives.

asteroid i guess i would buy a hard hat and then spend my time going up and down the country killing certain hypocritical politicians and powerful Ceo's untill the end comes.

seriously what would we be doing? i can see some nukes being used to take out an asteroid, hiding underground and inside mountans maybe large arks.. but it would oonly save a small percentage of humanity and hopefully pray that they dont die and are also diverse enough to continue procreating.

So, what you are going to be doing is being shot by some security guard. wink

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Ultraviolence
What makes you think that floods, solar flares or "asteroids" would "end" the world? Do you think anything ever really ends? The world would experience drastic changes but it would not end.

a big enough asteroid could wipe the planet out turn it into another asteroid belt. wink

§P0oONY
nope.
it has to do that some have bn involved in foreign criminal activities and never charged by anyone due to the amount of money they bring into certain countries while ignoring human right laws. But you just said "powerful Ceos". You might have wanted to specify as you just look silly now. I also don't see why you would feel in necessary to kill them anyway... unless they're actively affecting you.

Not only that the world is about the end, they're about to die anyway, what would you murdering them solve? If you have hatred towards them surely it would be more effective to kill them now.

Wild Shadow
So, what you are going to be doing is being shot by some security guard. wink nah, i am better trained then the security guards.

i go all bob lee swagger on them.

ySDa8wYgxN8

Shakyamunison
nah, i am better trained the security guards.

i go all bob lee swagger on them.

They have Kryptonite, my friend.

Wild Shadow

§P0oONY
i guess ur one of those apathetic ppl whose doesn't care b/c it isn't happening to you? also i would do it b/c i am bored and it would be good therapy for me. i could give two sh#$'s if it solves anything or not.

to me it is like doing something i love.

so if we are all going to die killing them now sooner then later is also no big deal and shouldnt matter either way. i would be spending my last moments doing something that i want to do. No, I'm just one of those people who thinks about things before running in and killing people. I'm sure the actual people affected by these "CEOs" wouldn't jump straight into killing them. I mean, these human rights violations you're discussing may have even benefited them. (Work in a sweat shop is better than no work at all.)

Plus how do you know it's the CEOs fault? and not done by commitee?

It's not for some like you to pass judgement on. It's ignorant and stupid to do so. It is not your war.

Wild Shadow
some how quelling and killing a union uprising b.c u dont want to give third world nations a better wage and insurance or allow them to unionize is not good for any nation.

giving million dollar kickbacks to the politicians to take farming land from legitimate land owners to dry out the water table and leave an entire farming community destitute is also not good for the ppl. to add insult to injury selling industrial waste as fertilizer only for it to poison and contaminate the remaining soil doesnt help anyone either.

i dont know how old u are or where you come from but for anyone to say that harming and killing ppl is for the greater good has even more warped moral values then me. at least i draw the line when it comes to who i am willing to harm and it sure as hell isnt 3rd world national peasants and farmers.
http://killercoke.org/

there are so many bad things that happen that we as a nation do not broadcast or tell the ppl from KBR covering up multiple rape cases by their security personal and firing and dismissing the rapee and even go as far and hiding and destroying any and all evidence and our government being made aware of it and not pressing any charges or bothering to investigate.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C896823354DE660A

black water and its illegal weapons trafficking or better known as gun running also being involved in kidnapping torturing of Iraqi civilians which our government would later deny did not know anything about which i knew for a fact was and still is a lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_Worldwide

if it was up to me i would hold all ppl responsible for their criminal acts regardless of political or social status which it in itself is the law.. if our own government wont do it then it falls to others who are willing to do it to act regardless of the consequences. that is how i few it and that is b/c i have held firm my past oaths, i believe in one thing that ur average civilian don't and cant comprehend and that is true justice and live my life by a set of principles that ur average human being cant even maintain for one freakin day.

http://www.marines.com/main/index/making_marines/culture/traditions/the_oath

also keep in mind that my comments are only in the hypothetical situation for the end of the world when society and government can no longer enforce or even maintain its structure.

Moscow

2nd solar flare
3rd. and astroide

A severe class distinction would occur, and the poor and working class would be immediately killed off through all three of these scenarios. No guarantee, however, that the better off survive.

#1. Dam up low-end places as much as possible. Gain the highest ground they can possibly find. If it covers all land, they build massive...well...arks and float around until the waters recede.

#2. A solar flare would kill pretty much everyone. No way to survive that, as far as I can see. Correct me if I am wrong.

#3. Depending on the size, the better off can find a place that won't be primarily affected by it. The crazier kind can try to detonate the asteroid with a nuclear missile.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Moscow
A severe class distinction would occur, and the poor and working class would be immediately killed off through all three of these scenarios. No guarantee, however, that the better off survive.

#1. Dam up low-end places as much as possible. Gain the highest ground they can possibly find. If it covers all land, they build massive...well...arks and float around until the waters recede.
thats what happened in the movie 2012

Moscow
The movie's budget would be too small to foot the bill laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
dig 50 metric tons and live in the ground...

buy their way onto a spaceship and live on mars or pluto..

become governor or president

Symmetric Chaos
#2. A solar flare would kill pretty much everyone. No way to survive that, as far as I can see. Correct me if I am wrong.

Normal solar flares are no threat to people on Earth. I doubt our Sun can produce one powerful enough to wipe out humanity, certainly not if we have a lot of warning.

Wild Shadow
Normal solar flares are no threat to people on Earth. I doubt our Sun can produce one powerful enough to wipe out humanity, certainly not if we have a lot of warning. what would we do if we had warning? put up an umbrella?

Moscow
Normal solar flares are no threat to people on Earth. I doubt our Sun can produce one powerful enough to wipe out humanity, certainly not if we have a lot of warning.

Like that movie Knowing?

I think that was a solar flare that killed the Earth

Symmetric Chaos
what would we do if we had warning? put up an umbrella?

No, a parasol.

But seriously it depends on how much warning. If it's just 15 minutes (supposedly a realistic time frame) there wouldn't even be time to convince people the threat was real. If we had a few days people would have time to be directed to cave systems where they can hide. If it's a few years those caves could be reinforced and lined with radiation resistant material.

In this situation it sounds like we have a lot of warning.

Ultraviolence
a big enough asteroid could wipe the planet out turn it into another asteroid belt. wink

Thanks for reinforcing my point. The planet would indeed change into another asteroid belt. You see, nothing is ever created or destroyed but, instead, just changes. It's scientific law. Specifically, the law of conservation of matter and energy.

Wild Shadow
sigh...you said that the world would not end... seeing as the asteroid is not a world it by definition would cease to be a world..

cute how you tried to use science and the whole laws of conservation to try to defend ur original post..

bestkobe520
i am newer here
just say hallo to you

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Faith

thumb up thumb up

Autokrat
http://www.livescience.com/technology/destroy_earth_mp-1.html

I love that total existence failure one.

Sadako of Girth
Faith in what...?

Prep-Man
Like that movie Knowing?

I think that was a solar flare that killed the Earth

Not your typical Solar flare. Mostly hollywood BS. On the other-hand, with all this seismic activity going on in the past 2-3 (and 10 major earthquakes this year alone), I wouldn't be surprised if earth is going through a major change.

Cyclones destroying 50,000 homes, rains in Rio, and now a POTENTIAL earth changing volcano in Iceland, this looks like 2012, just 2 years earlier. eek!

Prep-Man

2nd solar flare
3rd. and astroide

I'd say a Super Volcano going off in Indonesia or in Yellowstone is more likely than the 3 above. Earthquakes can trigger other quakes and volcanoes.

dadudemon

Okay.

Solar Flares happen all the time. Some of them are huge. We survive them, every time.

#3. Depending on the size, the better off can find a place that won't be primarily affected by it. The crazier kind can try to detonate the asteroid with a nuclear missile.

Not only do we have Bruce Willis, we also have Tom HANKS! big grin

BloodRain
Unless they finish that 'evacuation to Mars' plan (forced global warming to make Mars like Earth in 100 years) then we'd all die. Not even the exaggerated movies have saved the planet that well.

Ultraviolence
sigh...you said that the world would not end... seeing as the asteroid is not a world it by definition would cease to be a world..

cute how you tried to use science and the whole laws of conservation to try to defend ur original post..

What's even cuter is how it worked.

Also, you said that the world would end and then turn into an asteroid belt (which is kind of laughable) and you're arguing that it wouldn't be a change? Think about what you're saying.

Turn into = change. Your original post:

dadudemon
What's even cuter is how it worked.

Also, you said that the world would end and then turn into an asteroid belt (which is kind of laughable) and you're arguing that it wouldn't be a change? Think about what you're saying.

Turn into = change. Your original post:

I wanna say that you're David, but you're spelling and punctuation are too good. hmm

Remind me not to get on your bad side.

Moscow
Originally posted by dadudemon

Not only do we have Bruce Willis, we also have Tom HANKS! big grin

We'll need more than an Apollo 13 Armageddon to fix that problem laughing out loud

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I'd say a Super Volcano going off in Indonesia or in Yellowstone is more likely than the 3 above. Earthquakes can trigger other quakes and volcanoes.

Indeed, and that scenario is becoming a near future possibility. Quakes in Haiti, Chili & China in the span of months, while the seismic activities under Yellowstone are increasing. Not to mention that Yellowstone's super volcano is already 40.000 years overdue for it's next global extermination eruption.
That sucker might just go off in 2012, so grab any Maya's you can find for ever so minor guidance!

wyq012
Right on, write on about whatever you feel best.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Indeed, and that scenario is becoming a near future possibility. Quakes in Haiti, Chili & China in the span of months, while the seismic activities under Yellowstone are increasing. Not to mention that Yellowstone's super volcano is already 40.000 years overdue for it's next global extermination eruption.
That sucker might just go off in 2012, so grab any Maya's you can find for ever so minor guidance!

Being 40,000 years overdue is somewhat of a myth. Not much science to back that up. A super volcano will erupt soon, but that could be in earth time not in human time.

If it does erupt, you'll hear it. The WHOLE world will hear it. That's how loud and powerful it is.

Besides, a volcano doesn't have to be "overdue" to erupt. It's ALL about conditions.

Franklin1
World will end in 2012 by
a huge flood (covering all land)

Colossus-Big C
scientist expect a solar flare on 2012.
and the planets will actually allign on that date.
but im not saying the worrl would end but its possible

Shakyamunison
scientist expect a solar flare on 2012.
and the planets will actually allign on that date.
but im not saying the worrl would end but its possible

Scientists do not, nor can they, expect a solar flare in 2012. Solar flares are more unpredictable then the weather. That would be like predicting a storm two years from now. That is not going to happen.

As far as the planet aligning; The center of the Milky-way is so far away that the gravitational field of the galaxy would not change if the Earth and sun align with it's center. There would be a greater gravitational change if all the planets align, and the last time that happened, there was no effect.

The world could end today, that is also a possibility.

inimalist
look guys, the world is obviously going to end in our lifetime

I mean, look at how important we are, obviously we are destined to see the end of the entire human race, you know, in civilizations 30 000 years, of course it makes sense that we will all die now, you know, while we, the important ones, are still alive.

Deja~vu
Omm ommm ommmm

I'm okay with it. erm I mean cool

dadudemon
We'll need more than an Apollo 13 Armageddon to fix that problem laughing out loud

lulz

Just noticed this.

Colossus-Big C
Scientists do not, nor can they, expect a solar flare in 2012. Solar flares are more unpredictable then the weather. That would be like predicting a storm two years from now. That is not going to happen.

As far as the planet aligning; The center of the Milky-way is so far away that the gravitational field of the galaxy would not change if the Earth and sun align with it's center. There would be a greater gravitational change if all the planets align, and the last time that happened, there was no effect.

The world could end today, that is also a possibility. so they scientist that said it are just flat out lying

Colossus-Big C
i also think if there was evidence that the world was going to end they might not even tell the general public untill the last minute anyways.

Shakyamunison
so they scientist that said it are just flat out lying

Or you are mistaken. Can you tell me which scientists are saying this?

Colossus-Big C
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2006/10mar_stormwarning/

the solar max is predicted to be 2011 or 2012

Shakyamunison

The solar max is quite a different matter then someone saying that a solar flair will take place, that will destroy the Earth. The last solar max did not destroy the Earth, or did it?

Symmetric Chaos

Just like 1958! Remember how the whole of the human race was eradicated back then? Crazy I know, it almost seems like it didn't happen.

Colossus-Big C
isnt the solar max is the time a large solar flare is most possible?
it doesnt mean it will happen, 1958 or what ever was the max but the flare didnt happen...

Symmetric Chaos
isnt the solar max is the time a large solar flare is most possible?
it doesnt mean it will happen, 1958 or what ever was the max but the flare didnt happen...

Let's put it this way. The time from maximum to maximum is 9-14 years, let's call that 15 years.

Early humans appeared about 50000 years ago.

This means that there have been well over 3333 solar maximums. Of those only six killed all life on the planet.

Oh? What's that? You say none of them killed all life on the planet?

Well then . . .

Prep-Man
More news on Yellowstone and possible link to recent Utah earthquakes. Yikes.

Ultraviolence
I wouldn't bet on Yellowstone being your world-ender.

Prep-Man
I wouldn't bet on Yellowstone being your world-ender.

A sizable eruption would kill off most of the population. I don't think we'd be extinct, but most would die of starvation.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/science/volcanoes-be-afraid-be-very-afraid--the-supervolcano-is-coming-20100416-sj01.html?autostart=1

Heythere,Honey
1. Subs. Or maybe humans will suddenly evolve into mermaids or something.

2. Um....complain?

3. Nukes.

Deja~vu
The probability of the life or much life on Earth will be destroyed according to some scientists. What's the problem. It's done it before and it will do it again. Maybe it's time.

There are theories to it if you google. I'm too lazy.

Ultraviolence
Originally posted by Prep-Man
A sizable eruption would kill off most of the population. I don't think we'd be extinct, but most would die of starvation.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/science/volcanoes-be-afraid-be-very-afraid--the-supervolcano-is-coming-20100416-sj01.html?autostart=1

No, no it wouldn't. It would kill most of the population in the states and would cause problems for surrounding countries but the majority of the population isn't even near the eruption radius.

Symmetric Chaos
No, no it wouldn't. It would kill most of the population in the states and would cause problems for surrounding countries but the majority of the population isn't even near the eruption radius.

It's not the explosion people worry about, it's the dust cloud. Krakatoa altered the color of sunrise/sunset all over the world for more than a year and Yellowstone would be much larger. Reduced sunlight would damage crops all over the place.

Ms.Marvel
tommy lee jones and pierce brosnan will team up to save us.

Prep-Man

The whole world would be in a nuclear winter. Nothing would grow. Thus, most of the people starving. It would have global consequences. That's how much ash it would hurl into the air. And Toba (Indoneasia) is much larger than Yellowstone, IIRC.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
tommy lee jones and pierce brosnan will team up to save us.

Only in your wildest fantasies. laughing out loud

tom_servo
Okay. Tell me. Whenever the subject of Asteroids is brought up. WHY in god's name is everyone's solution.. "Oh, let's just shoot a bunch of nuclear warheads at it".

Has anyone bothered to think about what kind of composition said Asteroid would be made of?

Ms.Marvel
... when was the last time someone actually said that seriously here?

i think most people realize that probably wouldnt work.

Colossus-Big C
why would it not work?

the ninjak
I hope it happens in my lifetime....Im an Annihilist.

BlackZero30x
1st by a huge flood (covering all land)- make a bunch of under water ships and get some wet suits

2nd solar flare- relocate to underground

3rd. and asteroid- same as #2

Wild Shadow
ppl would pray and surprisingly those who laughed and mocked them for their religious views would be shocked as they see them phase from their clothes and float into heaven

ADarksideJedi
Maybe a flood or maybe everyone just drops dead.Who knows.

kangyutai
EDIT

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by kangyutai
The most important point in yoga for a beginner is to breathe correctly during the postures. In yoga you breathe in nyc asian escort and nyc asian escorts out through your nose in order to allow yourself to breathe more deeply. Breathing helps you get relaxed and it also helps you move more deeply into the poses. If you feel an area of nyc escort tension in your body, you can direct your breathe to that spot to help it release. If, at any time during a pose, you find that you cannot breathe deeply, either ease up or come nyc escorts out of the pose.

If you breath right, will the world still end? confused

junstree
it would not end.

Mindship
If the wife finds out about your escorts, your world will end.

Sabrial
Nice discussion i like this topic and i think its awful. May be very one in the world would be die....that the end of the world every thing will be destroye...

adelaine
just die, you can't beat the forces of nature.

S_W_LeGenD
Yes! World will end one day. All scientists agree on this part.

However, it depends upon if we are talking about our end (extinction) or the destruction of the planet Earth. Both can happen sooner then we think. Surprises can always be expected.

Void Heart
OP thinks Solar Flares will kill us off? The Earth is bombarded by Solar Flares every day. It's just that solar flares don't kill us because of this little invisible thing what scientists call the ozone layer.

Jack Daniels
I would have sex with as many chics my wife would let me have sex with and I would even bribe her to let me have sex with as many chics as she would let me have sex with....ahhh she wouldnt let me have sex with chics guess I just die like every other married dude..end of the world sux...
EDIT: I hope boobs are everywhere in heaven

swagerr
The world ends when no one expects, when Jesus is on earth will the people who served on the opposite side, the second, I know it takes good people to heaven and the rest will die when the country was destroyed, and nobody knows when and not even care, do not freak out.

leealden06
Scientific experts from around the world predict that within five years could all life on earth and reach a end.Just the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31 Mayan calendar does not cease to exist December 21 2012.The Mayan calendar is a measurement system, which has become a precision of seconds for thousands of years. Most of the predictions made by race were accurate.

ADarksideJedi
I think a big wave not sure why I just think that it could happen.

Robtard
Originally posted by swagerr
The world ends when no one expects, when Jesus is on earth will the people who served on the opposite side, the second, I know it takes good people to heaven and the rest will die when the country was destroyed, and nobody knows when and not even care, do not freak out.
Originally posted by leealden06
Scientific experts from around the world predict that within five years could all life on earth and reach a end.Just the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31 Mayan calendar does not cease to exist December 21 2012.The Mayan calendar is a measurement system, which has become a precision of seconds for thousands of years. Most of the predictions made by race were accurate.

Hahahaha, the hell they finding these add-spammers? Just terrible.

Bicnarok
But if we re enforce the world with Carbon nano tubes, it could last foreversmile

Robtard
Originally posted by Bicnarok
But if we re enforce the world with Carbon nano tubes, it could last foreversmile

Why stop there? I say we do that; then build a carbon nanotube shield around the Earth, protected internally and externally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.