Galactus, Parallax, Imperiex Prime, and Phoenix Vs The Anti-Monitor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
CIS and PIS are off.

SW Galactus.
ZH Parallax.
OWAW Imp.
White Phoenix.
CoIE Anti-Monitor.

Will the team prevail?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team wins and pretty easily imo

quanchi112
Team, hard.

Philosophía
Anti-Monitor.

Galan007
COIE AM was an established multiversal power. All of his opponents here are universal powers, at best. Even combined, I don't think they have the firepower to put him down.

kevdude
Come down to Imperiex Prime and the Anti-Monitor, both are multiversal powers.

galactusischere
Imperiex is multi-versal??

guy222
Team FTW

kevdude
Originally posted by galactusischere
Imperiex is multi-versal??

Yes, he has done so at least once that we know of and from what hes said many other times. He is an agent of Chaos.

Galan007
Done what? Destroyed a multiverse? No, he has not.

kevdude
So what did he do then?? Destroy just a single universe? blink

Galan007
Yep. Imperiex destroyed one universe and recreated it... And since he technically released all of his 'big bang' energies during the end battle with B13, I'll be generous and credit Imp with creating another universe in the void.

To tally it up: he destroyed one universe, created two, and destroyed an unknown number of galaxies somewhere in the mix. =/= multiversal.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
COIE AM was an established multiversal power. All of his opponents here are universal powers, at best. Even combined, I don't think they have the firepower to put him down.

Yes my good man but A LOT less that this team.. already took down COIE AM

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes my good man but A LOT less that this team.. already took down COIE AM You mean after he fought an amped Spectre, and after the heroes used his kryptonite (Alex Luthor) against him?

wink

Black bolt z
Team and very easily especially if galactus can nullify.

kevdude
Yep. Imperiex destroyed one universe and recreated it... And since he technically released all of his 'big bang' energies during the end battle with B13, I'll be generous and credit Imp with creating another universe in the void.

To tally it up: he destroyed one universe, created two, and destroyed an unknown number of galaxies somewhere in the mix. =/= multiversal.

From reading OWAW he destroyed the previous DC Multiverse (before all Crisis's). Even before he destroyed it he talked about doing so many other times as well in the secret files...

It would come down between them two.

Galan007
Originally posted by kevdude
From reading OWAW he destroyed the previous DC Multiverse (before all Crisis's). Even before he destroyed it he talked about doing so many other times as well in the secret files...

It would come down between them two. Unless you've proof that I am unaware of, which depicts/states that Imperiex destroyed a multiverse, then my opinion on the matter will remain unchanged.

Black bolt z
Unless you've proof that I am unaware of, which depicts/states that Imperiex destroyed a multiverse, then my opinion on the matter will remain unchanged. Is a DC multiverse like a marvel multiverse?Also I like the grevious sig.

Galan007
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Is a DC multiverse like a marvel multiverse?Also I like the grevious sig. The current DCU is composed of a few different multiverses, so I'm not really sure what to call it. Maybe a megaverse?

Thanks. smile

kevdude
Unless you've proof that I am unaware of, which depicts/states that Imperiex destroyed a multiverse, then my opinion on the matter will remain unchanged.

Alright here you go. Hamilton explaining what Imperiex Prime does. cool

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9655/image8i.th.jpg

supremthor
good one

supremthor

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9655/image8i.th.jpg

quanchi112
You mean after he fought an amped Spectre, and after the heroes used his kryptonite (Alex Luthor) against him?

wink The amped Spectre wasn't trying to kill him.

Galan007

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9655/image8i.th.jpg That is proof regarding Imperiex's agenda/plan; not proof of what he actually did. But even IF that plan would have been successful, Imp still would have only destroyed the main DC universe -- the rest of the multiverse would have only been destroyed in the subsequent domino effect that followed (as that scan clearly states.)

Bottom line: Imperiex has no multiversal feats under his belt. He's multi-universal, at best.

kevdude
That is proof regarding Imperiex's agenda/plan; not proof of what he actually did. But even IF that plan would have been successful, Imp still would have only destroyed the main DC universe -- the rest of the multiverse would have only been destroyed in the subsequent domino effect that followed (as that scan clearly states.)

Bottom line: Imperiex has no multiversal feats under his belt. He's multi-universal, at best.

Well the scan pretty much speaks for itself. You asked for a multiversal feat line about him doing it then when one is shown you don't agree with it because of how it was done?? erm Imperiex has been doing this time and time again and knows how to bring about a new multiverse the easiest and best way possible, instead of destroying only one universe at a time like AM. Hamilton even states "the mathematics do not lie" when educating everyone on what is really happening.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5231/image9lg.th.jpg

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/7949/image10c.th.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7759/image11u.th.jpg

xJLxKing
Perhaps Galan is talking about the domino effect that AM tried to do in Sinestro Wars. By destroying Prime Universe that hold all the universe, then the others will die too. Maybe Imperiex destroying it with his universal power and thus destroying the multiversal. This way he destroy it, but not using his power

TheTyrant
AM wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheTyrant
AM wins. How?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by quanchi112
How?

By being more powerful thant everybody here. Especially phoenix.

xJLxKing
Imo, she just might be the toughest

TheTyrant
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Imo, she just might be the toughest

ZH Parallax is the toughest IMO.

JakeTheBank
ZH Parallax is the toughest IMO.

thumb up

quanchi112
By being more powerful thant everybody here. Especially phoenix. They can wear him down just like he was in the comic. Supergirl also destroyed his shell on her own.

Galan007
Well the scan pretty much speaks for itself. You asked for a multiversal feat line about him doing it then when one is shown you don't agree with it because of how it was done?? erm Imperiex has been doing this time and time again and knows how to bring about a new multiverse the easiest and best way possible, instead of destroying only one universe at a time like AM. Hamilton even states "the mathematics do not lie" when educating everyone on what is really happening You're making this harder than it needs to be. All Imperiex was going to do is destroy the prime DC universe. Because said universe is the linchpin that holds the multiverse together, destroying it would have destroyed the rest of the multiverse... But only in a domino effect completely independent from his own power.

So yes, Imperiex could have potentially wiped out the multiverse, but he was only going to/needed to destroy one universe to do so. Thus this theoretical feat still would have just required universal energies to accomplish... Not multiversal. Stop trying to give the fella power he simply does not have.

Perhaps Galan is talking about the domino effect that AM tried to do in Sinestro Wars. By destroying Prime Universe that hold all the universe, then the others will die too. Maybe Imperiex destroying it with his universal power and thus destroying the multiversal. This way he destroy it, but not using his power Exactly. Destroying an infinite multiverse under your own power (which AM essentially did on panel), is MUCH more impressive than potentially destroying the multiverse as a side effect of destroying a single universe (as Imperiex merely planned to do.)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Question friend... due you put Spectre above the team? I certainly don't and thus.. AM tanking a blast from Spectre doesn't really prove he could beat this team.. when this team IMO beats spectre as well

xJLxKing
Spectre <AM

KuRuPT Thanosi
Spectre <AM

clearly. Thus my point.. Spectre not beating him and him going down to less than this team.. is my point.

Omega Vision
Spectre <AM
Not a Full Power Spectre.

theICONiac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not a Full Power Spectre.

When has he been more powerful than in COIE?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by theICONiac
When has he been more powerful than in COIE?
When he battled Michael.

xJLxKing
What? In Dov?

Omega Vision
What? In Dov?
He didn't battle Michael in DOV.

theICONiac
When he battled Michael.

When was this?

Genuinely curious...

xJLxKing
He didn't battle Michael in DOV.
I forgot the exact name. It was Vol 3, but don't remember the exact issue.

Galan007
Question friend... due you put Spectre above the team? I certainly don't and thus.. AM tanking a blast from Spectre doesn't really prove he could beat this team.. when this team IMO beats spectre as well Personally I would place COIE Spectre above the team, but that's just me.

quanchi112
Spectre <AM The Spectre wasn't seeking his death at the time so I fail to see why you would day Am was greater than the Spectre here.

kevdude
You're making this harder than it needs to be. All Imperiex was going to do is destroy the prime DC universe. Because said universe is the linchpin that holds the multiverse together, destroying it would have destroyed the rest of the multiverse... But only in a domino effect completely independent from his own power.

So yes, Imperiex could have potentially wiped out the multiverse, but he was only going to/needed to destroy one universe to do so. Thus this theoretical feat still would have just required universal energies to accomplish... Not multiversal. Stop trying to give the fella power he simply does not have.

Exactly. Destroying an infinite multiverse under your own power (which AM essentially did on panel), is MUCH more impressive than potentially destroying the multiverse as a side effect of destroying a single universe (as Imperiex merely planned to do.)

My opinion on this still remains the same, Imperiex has destroyed it once we know of. He probably could have (or maybe already has) destroyed one universe at a time but why would he waste the time?? He wouldn't waste the time and thats why he directly went to the prime Earth to collapse everything and restart creation for The Source/God. Thats also the main reason he just didn't detonate himself and hollow the universe when OWAW began, it wouldn't have been a orderly collapse at all. The feat that Anti-Monitor going into the Beginning of Time trying to mess with The Source itself and its act of creation (which brought The Spectre into play on behalf of The Source) would prob lead me to believe he would prob take it, Imperiex Prime is still the main problem that Anti-Monitor would have in this thats all I'm saying. sleep

Personally I would place COIE Spectre above the team, but that's just me.
thumb up

Galan007
My opinion on this still remains the same, Imperiex has destroyed it once we know of. He probably could have (or maybe already has) destroyed one universe at a time but why would he waste the time?? He wouldn't waste the time and thats why he directly went to the prime Earth to collapse everything and restart creation for The Source/God. Thats also the main reason he just didn't detonate himself and hollow the universe when OWAW began, it wouldn't have been a orderly collapse at all. The feat that Anti-Monitor going into the Beginning of Time trying to mess with The Source itself and its act of creation (which brought The Spectre into play on behalf of The Source) would prob lead me to believe he would prob take it, Imperiex Prime is still the main problem that Anti-Monitor would have in this thats all I'm saying. sleep

thumb up Never has it been stated or depicted in any way/shape/form that Imperiex destroyed the multiverse. In fact, every specific mention of his personal power pertains to it being universal in nature (Imperiex himself even referred to it as such.) The only time the multiverse was even brought up is when some of the various minds in DC were all 'spit-balling' on the possible multiversal ramifications, IF he were to destroy the prime universe (which he never did, mind you.)

Don't get me wrong, you are more than welcome to your "Imperiex is multiversal" opinion -- but I'm afraid it's entirely unsupported on panel. The only thing has been confirmed/depicted on panel, is him releasing a few universal big bangs. That's it.

Regardless, you and I both agree that COIE AM is > Imperiex anyway. So that's all that really matters here. smile

Tattoos N Scars
The Spectre wasn't seeking his death at the time so I fail to see why you would day Am was greater than the Spectre here.

Then why did you say this..in another thread?

No, he was beaten by coie Anti Monitor and the Spectre was amped to boot.

You seem to change your opinion when a particular argument suits it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Then why did you say this..in another thread?

You seem to change your opinion when a particular argument suits it. Not sure. Could have been from a long time ago.

Omega Vision
Not sure. Could have been from a long time ago.
I'm pretty sure you've made that argument very recently since I remember you making it and I haven't even been here a year.

quanchi112
I'm pretty sure you've made that argument very recently since I remember you making it and I haven't even been here a year. I doubt it.

Omega Vision
I doubt it.
You have a record of flip-flopping when it suits you.

xJLxKing
yes

TheTyrant
Anti-Monitor wins. Parallax and Galactus put up a fight. Phoenix dies first.

quanchi112
You have a record of flip-flopping when it suits you. When have I flip flopped?

Nihilist
When have I flip flopped? I nearly every thread.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
I nearly every thread. Then it shouldn't be hard for you to provide an example.

Nihilist
Then it shouldn't be hard for you to provide an example. Just read through any thead you post in on here and HC.

quanchi112
Just read through any thead you post in on here and HC. So you can't provide one example. Gotcha.

Nihilist
So you can't provide one example. Gotcha. For example then, you trolled the hell out of Juggs vs WWH saying not matter what damage Hulk had took didnt mean anything at all, yet on another forum you use the argument of 1 of the gamma corps breaking WWH's neck as a showing of WWH being weak and is easy to damage physically.

quanchi112
For example then, you trolled the hell out of Juggs vs WWH saying not matter what damage Hulk had took didnt mean anything at all, yet on another forum you use the argument of 1 of the gamma corps breaking WWH's neck as a showing of WWH being weak and is easy to damage physically. Because Juggs didn't have the capabilities of beating ww hulk imo. Hulk's getting stronger and angrier and he's also smarter.

I don't recall saying that.

Nihilist
Because Juggs didn't have the capabilities of beating ww hulk imo. Hulk's getting stronger and angrier and he's also smarter.

I don't recall saying that. You wouldnt because youre a troll who changes his stance to suit his argument.

xJLxKing
yes

quanchi112
You wouldnt because youre a troll who changes his stance to suit his argument. Then provide the link. You seem so enraged anymore and tbh quite slow on the uptake.

Nihilist
Then provide the link. You seem so enraged anymore and tbh quite slow on the uptake. laughing out loud in not doing any searching for you to give another troll answer and its pathetic you act like you dont know what thread im talking about (hulk v mangog irrc) you act as if i am the only one who thinks youre a loser troll, fact is over 95% of this board say the same, backed up by several posters in various thread on the go at the minute.

Blanket
NICE!

quanchi112
laughing out loud in not doing any searching for you to give another troll answer and its pathetic you act like you dont know what thread im talking about (hulk v mangog irrc) you act as if i am the only one who thinks youre a loser troll, fact is over 95% of this board say the same, backed up by several posters in various thread on the go at the minute. So you know the thread yet cannot produce a single post to verify your claim and you wonder why I claim you aren't that swift. Also to call someone a loser on an internet forum while arguing comic book characters without really nothing anything about them really is immature and childish.

95 percent of the board also shows a real struggle with mathematics on your part as well.

WhiteWitchKing
Where is multiversal Phoenix Force when you need?

Omega Vision
laughing out loud in not doing any searching for you to give another troll answer and its pathetic you act like you dont know what thread im talking about (hulk v mangog irrc) you act as if i am the only one who thinks youre a loser troll, fact is over 95% of this board say the same, backed up by several posters in various thread on the go at the minute.
Only 95%? Let's be honest here, Nihil, until now I thought you were the 5% that didn't think that. laughing out loud

xJLxKing
I thought that as well

Tattoos N Scars
I miss reading Nvr and Quan's debates...lol

Nihilist
Only 95%? Let's be honest here, Nihil, until now I thought you were the 5% that didn't think that. laughing out loud Originally posted by xJLxKing
I thought that as well

TBH it never bothered me before, but after constantly seeing the same old tired routine again and again, it bores the shit out of you in the end.

Prep-Man
laughing out loud

quanchi112
TBH it never bothered me before, but after constantly seeing the same old tired routine again and again, it bores the shit out of you in the end. First off the debate you were trying to refer to was concerning the Maestro and how his neck was broken by Hulk 2099. You got it wrong yet again by saying it was ww hulk like I would ever mention him being depowered enough for them to momentarily break his neck as some sort of low mark.

When you are going to criticize get it right. It's not hard.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The reality, at least for me, is that quan is a passionate person about comics as are many on here. Yes he has his favorites and backs them up to no end. A lot of us do that. He makes this forum active and contributes, whether you agree with hiim or not. We're talking about comic books on a forum, imo the more people willing to engage the better.

Stranglehold300
Team in a WTFrapestomp

quanchi112
The reality, at least for me, is that quan is a passionate person about comics as are many on here. Yes he has his favorites and backs them up to no end. A lot of us do that. He makes this forum active and contributes, whether you agree with hiim or not. We're talking about comic books on a forum, imo the more people willing to engage the better. Why thank you.

Survivor19
Correct me if i am wrong, but AM destroyed universes one at time, right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Survivor19
Correct me if i am wrong, but AM destroyed universes one at time, right? Correct and only because the opposition was unaware of it at the time.

Juntai
Correct and only because the opposition was unaware of it at the time. Untrue. Pariah warned every universe he was coming. Sometimes with more time than others though.
The list of characters capable of stopping Anti-monitor and the antimatter wave is pretty slim regardless. Particularly so back then. And lots of the smarter and more powerful characters already knew anyways and just didn't know how to stop him.

Survivor19
Well, my point is he was using universal-level power, then. While having prep. And full backing of the negative universe.
Somehow that is making me think team wins...

Omega Vision
^
PC Darkseid, arguably a Universal power in of himself when all his tech and resources are figured in wanted none of the Anti-Monitor and knew his best strategy was to hide and wait for an opportunity to strike once the AM weakened rather than trying to take the fight to him. The Guardians of Oa were similarly impotent to stop the AM, so much so that it nursed a sort of inferiority complex that led to them taking such an active role in fighting the AM in SCW.

Also lets not forget that at base level the AM and the Monitor were equal. When a greatly weakened Monitor died his death released enough raw energy to shield five entire Universes against the AM. Consider that at that point in time the AM's personal power was said to be much greater than the Monitor's own, so any claims about the AM being a mere "Universal" power are faulty at best.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
Untrue. Pariah warned every universe he was coming. Sometimes with more time than others though.
The list of characters capable of stopping Anti-monitor and the antimatter wave is pretty slim regardless. Particularly so back then. And lots of the smarter and more powerful characters already knew anyways and just didn't know how to stop him. They didn't have enough time to mount the proper defense. When a group got together his universal destroying days were over.Originally posted by Omega Vision
^
PC Darkseid, arguably a Universal power in of himself when all his tech and resources are figured in wanted none of the Anti-Monitor and knew his best strategy was to hide and wait for an opportunity to strike once the AM weakened rather than trying to take the fight to him. The Guardians of Oa were similarly impotent to stop the AM, so much so that it nursed a sort of inferiority complex that led to them taking such an active role in fighting the AM in SCW.

Also lets not forget that at base level the AM and the Monitor were equal. When a greatly weakened Monitor died his death released enough raw energy to shield five entire Universes against the AM. Consider that at that point in time the AM's personal power was said to be much greater than the Monitor's own, so any claims about the AM being a mere "Universal" power are faulty at best. Pc darkseid was not a universal power.

Omega Vision
They didn't have enough time to mount the proper defense. When a group got together his universal destroying days were over. Pc darkseid was not a universal power.
I said "arguably when all his tech and resources are figured in" as in with prep Darkseid was a Universal level threat. Anyone who read any PC New Gods comics, hell any New Gods comics knows that Darkseid with prep is at least Universal in terms of his threat quota.

quanchi112
I said "arguably when all his tech and resources are figured in" as in with prep Darkseid was a Universal level threat. Anyone who read any PC New Gods comics, hell any New Gods comics knows that Darkseid with prep is at least Universal in terms of his threat quota. I disagree.

Omega Vision
I disagree.
Of course you do. But the sheer number of times that Darkseid's schemes have threatened to destroy the Universe or undermine the Source (which would eventually destroy ALL of reality) support Darkseid's claim to being a Universal threat with his prep and tech.

quanchi112
Of course you do. But the sheer number of times that Darkseid's schemes have threatened to destroy the Universe or undermine the Source (which would eventually destroy ALL of reality) support Darkseid's claim to being a Universal threat with his prep and tech. If Darkseid has prep he is a universal prep if it's onesided but many characters have threatened the universe with prep.

Omega Vision
If Darkseid has prep he is a universal prep if it's onesided but many characters have threatened the universe with prep.
But very few make careers of it like Darkseid has. A lot of the New Gods story arcs have essentially been about Orion and friends throwing a wrench in whatever Universe/Multiverse ending scheme Darkseid has concocted.

Darkseid never has one-sided prep anyway since New Genesis is constantly doing its best to thwart him and see through his schemes. When he finally did defeat New Genesis what happened? Oh yeah, Final Crisis.

Sprinkler
AM was able to destroy universes 1 by 1 only. Imperiex destroyed 1 universe too. Parallax created a universe.
all of these DC guys are universal.

UN(a part of galactus) destroyed and recreated MULTIverse in a moment. Phoenix created entire cosmos(OMNIverse) and is 2nd only to GOD according to what watcher saw and told us.

Either one on marvel team can curbstomp DC team.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

guy222
The team. Phoenix is powa

Mr Master
Originally posted by Sprinkler

Phoenix created entire cosmos (OMNIverse) and is 2nd only to GOD according to what watcher saw and told us.
Phoenix solos. pfft

guy222
big grin

Diesldude

Also lets not forget that at base level the AM and the Monitor were equal. When a greatly weakened Monitor died his death released enough raw energy to shield five entire Universes against the AM. Consider that at that point in time the AM's personal power was said to be much greater than the Monitor's own, so any claims about the AM being a mere "Universal" power are faulty at best.

This should have ended any debate here. AM wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.