Cthulhu VS The Marvel Gods!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the ninjak
Cthulhu has appeared in enough comics now to warrant a fight.
The Ancient One breaks his way into the Marvel Universe to lay waste to all it sees! This is a gauntlet fight. It has the ability to completely heal after each encounter.

1. Olympian Gods.
2. Zeus.
3. Asgardian Gods.
4. Odin.
5. Dormammu.
6. Mephisto.
7. Chthon.
8. Galactus.
9. Eternity.
10. The Living Tribunal.
11. Oblivion.
12. TOAA.

63B0T3OV4sI

galactusischere
Why is Oblivion placed after the LT?

the ninjak
Originally posted by galactusischere
Why is Oblivion placed after the LT?

Because they have the most in common!
Once Cthuhlu takes care of "known" entities it will strike the "unknown" dark one. Disregard order anyway this is the order it chooses.

Colossus-Big C
lol stops at eternity imo

cthulu wasnt among the strongest gods in lovecraft's mythos, he was a great old one, not an outer god, he just happens to be better known.

What feats do these comic book portrayals of him have? are they multiple stories from multiple publishers or is there a single cannon?

I am inclined to say, based on books, he probably stops at cthon

CortSether
Originally posted by 753
cthulu wasnt among the strongest gods in lovecraft's mythos, he was a great old one, not an outer god, he just happens to be better known.

What feats do these comic book portrayals of him have? are they multiple stories from multiple publishers or is there a single cannon?

I am inclined to say he probably stops at cthon

If you only include Lovecraft's original work of Cthulhu then he'd be about skyfather level, imo.

But, if you include D&D and all the other stuff that has been written about Cthulhu after Lovecraft's copyright expired, he's been written to be an omniversal presence, yet still underneath Azathoth.

Omega Vision
He isn't getting past Galactus.

Originally posted by CortSether
If you only include Lovecraft's original work of Cthulhu then he'd be about skyfather level, imo.

But, if you include D&D and all the other stuff that has been written about Cthulhu after Lovecraft's copyright expired, he's been written to be an omniversal presence, yet still underneath Azathoth.
He was less than an insect to Azathoth. A tiny speck of Azathoth split off (without Azathoth noticing) and that speck became a Great Old One comparable to Cthulhu. Hell the entire Universe was created essentially by Azathoth throwing it up and he didn't notice (mostly thanks to the efforts of the lesser Outer Gods distracting him with music and dancing).

Originally posted by CortSether

yeah, skyfather might be right, even elder gods in marvel should be more epowerfull. but there is no single cannon to define his power level outside of the chtullu mithos cycle. Would you say this non-canon cthullu is shuma gorath level? higher?

Originally posted by 753
I've posted this in the off-topic already, but here it goes

it's a novel combining beat and lovecraftian literature. kerouac, cassidy and other beatniks oppose the coming of cthullu. it's available for free at the website with the author's consent

http://www.moveunderground.org/

edit

Konton
Cthulhu stomps. Anyone who disagrees is an ret@rd.

Survivor19
Pah. Hercules, the Prince of Power, can probably dispose of the meddlesome squid on his own.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Konton
Cthulhu stomps. Anyone who disagrees is an ret@rd.
Nice new Raven sig.

Black bolt z
Stomps at one of the three demons.It all depends whether they are in their realm or not.

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
Originally posted by 753
I've posted this in the off-topic already, but here it goes

it's a novel combining beat and lovecraftian literature. kerouac, cassidy and other beatniks oppose the coming of cthullu. it's available for free at the website with the author's consent

http://www.moveunderground.org/
Thanks!
Originally posted by Survivor19
Pah. Hercules, the Prince of Power, can probably dispose of the meddlesome squid on his own.
That squid can take practically any form it wishes Herc gets pulled into Cthulhu and his soul gets destroyed.
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Stomps at one of the three demons.It all depends whether they are in their realm or not.
It is older, doesn't need worshippers like Dormammu and Mephisto do. I see Big C separating the demons from there dimensions and worshippers, powerless the demons get devoured.

Martian_mind
Anyone with a sufficiently large boat takes him down.

psycho gundam
captain america's final justice

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
captain america's final justice

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/FINALJUSTICE.gif

the ninjak
In the RPG only a nuke could actually kill Big C or something equally along those lines......and soon he would just reemerge in his dimension.

jalek moye
Originally posted by the ninjak
In the RPG only a nuke could actually kill Big C or something equally along those lines......and soon he would just reemerge in his dimension.
a nuke is nothing compared to these guys

the ninjak
Originally posted by jalek moye
a nuke is nothing compared to these guys

I know....but that was for the RPG so that those early 1940s characters could actually obtain something to faze it. And that's only if Cthulu was small enough to to get consumed. Still he just reappears Sentry style a few secs later.
Big C in literature is much stronger.

Black bolt z
Yeah almost all of these gusy wouldn't feel the nuke.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by the ninjak
I know....but that was for the RPG so that those early 1940s characters could actually obtain something to faze it. And that's only if Cthulu was small enough to to get consumed. Still he just reappears Sentry style a few secs later.
Big C in literature is much stronger.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the RPG say that its a bad idea to nuke a Great Old One because then all you'd have is an irradiated Great Old One? laughing out loud

the ninjak
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the RPG say that its a bad idea to nuke a Great Old One because then all you'd have is an irradiated Great Old One? laughing out loud

Exactly! Though it was still the only way to put it down temporarily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.