Falcon Punch vs. Devil Trigger (CF vs. Dante)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
I was just wondering, which do you think is more powerful, Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch or Dante's Devil Trigger (seen in Devil May Cry 4)? Dante isn't allowed to use his other weapons btw.

MooCowofJustice
The Falcon Punch wasn't incredibly powerful. But its a thousand times more manly.

BloodRain
DT all the way. But still, -its a thousand times more manly- ;p

Sin_Volvagia
Devil Trigger does nothing by itself besides give Dante healing (gameplay only) and better durability. Captain Falcon throws a punch, Dante goes flying and he stands up unfazed. That's all that will happen.

Also:

SPITE!

BloodRain
Power-up vs attack... not on the same level.

Edit: Just now realised that this is a fight >____> Dante wins then.

mechagoomba
the sheer manlyness of the punch would make dante go emo O:

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Devil Trigger does nothing by itself besides give Dante healing (gameplay only) and better durability. Captain Falcon throws a punch, Dante goes flying and he stands up unfazed. That's all that will happen.

Also:

SPITE!

It's a far better amp no expression Speed, strength, durability, endurance, agility....etc, most likely.

Gameplay-wise, it gives you increased speed, increased damage, juggernaut status, regeneration, and increased defense; along with enhanced mobility in DMC 4. Heck, in DMC 4 some of your attacks become better.

Enemies have their health amped by a factor of around 5 I believe in DMC3 when they are DT'd no expression. Conversely, it could just be an increase in defense by a factor of 5.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It's a far better amp no expression Speed, strength, durability, endurance, agility....etc, most likely.

Gameplay-wise, it gives you increased speed, increased damage, juggernaut status, regeneration, and increased defense; along with enhanced mobility in DMC 4. Heck, in DMC 4 some of your attacks become better.

Enemies have their health amped by a factor of around 5 I believe in DMC3 when they are DT'd no expression. Conversely, it could just be an increase in defense by a factor of 5.

I was thinking DMC 3 (but I forgot speed sad)

Demonic Phoenix
Well, DMC3 DT basically gives you what I listed barring the enhanced mobility that Trickster (DT mode) gives us in DMC4.

In fact, since each Devil Arm has it's own DT in DMC3, they are all different slightly.

For example, Cerberus DT gives us the most speed, Nevan DT gives us regeneration that is better than the regeneration in other DT forms, Beowulf gives us the most defense and a slightly better Juggernaut status. Rebellion is the 'basic' DT, and I forget what Agni & Rudra DT gives us. Probably enhanced damage.

iChaos
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Also, in one of the Devil May Cry's, your attacks become unblockable, IIRC.

Demonic Phoenix
Meh, I never noted special attacks that certain DT's give you, nor have I played DMC2.

danteiscool
well, regardless, D.T. can really change the tide of any fight in DMCverse and in DMC4, some attacks get a serious boost (stinger, kick 13, and I'm pretty sure Drive! and Overdrive! as well).

sure the falcon punch is an awesome (and manly) punch, but in all honesty, it doesn't compete against an all around power amp that could be used to really mess someone up. Dante wins this.

ares834
FFtw7qW7Vcw

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ares834
FFtw7qW7Vcw

How canon that is, I don't know but I do know that Falcon dies while doing that.

BloodRain
It has become quite memetic, as the clip makes it appear that the Falcon Punch causes an explosion that can be seen from space, when in reality, Captain Falcon is merely using the Falcon Punch to prevent Black Shadow from escaping said explosion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.