Poke League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
Basic League-type event. No, not Poke league type, but a league where every team plays against the other once on neutral ground, and the winning team is given points. Tally the points, and the team with the most points is crowned the WINNA-MON!

Teams:
Legendary Birds - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres. (Special Summon: Lugia)
Legendary Beasts - Entei, Raikou, Suicune. (Special Summon: Ho-Oh)
Legendary Golems - Regice, Regirock, Registeel (Special Summon: Regigigas)
Weather Trio - Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza (Special Summon: Jirachi ?)
'Mew' Trio - Mew, Mewtwo & Celebi. (Special Summon: Deoxys ?)

Possible Teams ???
Lake Guardians - Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie.
Legendary Masters - Ho-Oh, Lugia & Regigigas.

* For obvious reasons, the Dragon trio is not included, nor will they be allowed, since they'd basically rape everything with their hax powers. Same goes for Arceus.

* Undecided on whether I will allow the Lake Guardians or not.

* Undecided on whether I will allow the Legendary Masters team. Most likely not, if the 'Special Summon' is allowed.

* 'Special Summon' means the Pokemon in question can be summoned ala FF, and can use one move to help the team. I'll restrict this to once per fight. Undecided whether I should incorporate this.

* If you want to suggest teams, feel free. Maximum number is 5 pokemon in a team (if not 5, then 3). I will only allow a maximum of three Legendaries in a team.

* Team make-ups (subject to change): 3-5 "Normal" Pokemon; 1 Legendary + 1-3 "normal"; 2 Legendary + 1 "normal"; 1-3 Legendary.

* Pokemon already part of a team cannot be used again. Probably a maximum of ten teams, though it is probably overkill with even 6 >__>.

* Base stats, and abilities learned by leveling up only. Assume the Pokemon have all those abilities.

NOTE: Wish I were a mod, I could add more rules as they come up to the starting post >_>

~ You gents up for this?

MooCowofJustice
My honest opinons:

Golems beat Weather (barely)
Beasts beat Birds (also tough)
Beasts beat Golems
Birds beat Golems
Weather beats Birds
Beasts beat Weather
Mew Trio stomps all. Especially with Deoxys as a special summon.

Disallowing summons means Golems probably lose just about every fight, which is ghey. Beasts and Mew trio are still tops though.

Mew: 4
Beasts: 3
Weather: 1
Golems: 1

Demonic Phoenix
Hold yer horses mate. I'm still undecided on the whole summons thing. Not to mention, you can submit a team for this if you like. I too was thinking the Mew Trio might be over powered, so I suppose Celebi could be removed.

I actually have to thank you for this. I had this idea for a while, but I forgot about it. Then your post in the Lugia vs. Ho-Oh thread reminded me big grin.

MooCowofJustice
Celebi isn't really the problem. It's MewTwo / Mew. Celebi is good, yeah, but he's nothing some other Pokemon wouldn't be incapable of handling. Suicune himself did damage to that huge tree giant with bubblebeams. Imagine what Entei, Regice or Moltres / Articuno would do.

If we can use feats of Brandon's Regis I would enjoy this. Epic Teamwork, they had. Would be one of the few advantages they could have.

And you're welcome. thumb up I genuinely enjoy this thread. But...mah golems! D,:

Oh, I'll also work on a team for you tomorrow then.

Heythere,Honey
Weather trio or Beast trio for me.

ScreamPaste
Hm, for a team...
Tyranitar
Gyarados
Steelix
Weavile
Gengar

ares834
Mew trio wins.
I'd say the birds are better than the beasts simply because their conflict could have ended the world. However the weather trio should beat both of them. The regi team is last.

MooCowofJustice
Xatu, Alakazam, Machamp, Gyrados, Wobbuffet / Bastiodon.

Xatu sees in 4D, like Dr. Manhattan. Alakazam can read it's mind and communicate what it sees telepathically giving Machamp and Gyrados where opponents will move. Wobbuffet / Bastiodon will be meant to protect Xatu and keep it safe. Alakazam can also help with protecting Xatu.

Gyrados and Machamp are just power houses for damage dealing.

MooCowofJustice
Oh, I said Beasts win because all of them are blindingly fast. All are capable of actually running on water. Ho-Oh as a special summon means revives, too.

The Weather trio isn't overly threatening. Suicune has several Ice attacks that will work wonders against Rayquaza, and if I recall his Bubblebeam would X4 on Groudon. Raikou takes on Kyogre, and Entei can pick up slack. They have trouble with the Birds due to the flight advantage.

This goes for the Golems as well. Regice is an Ice type. It is incredibly threatening to Rayquaza and Kyogre. Registeel is also a slack picker upper, and Regirock should do decently against Groudon. Regigigas as a summon helps as well.

linkownsyousobs
Mew team FTW!

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
They have trouble with the Birds due to the flight advantage.

Wouldn't that give them more of an advantage? If they are flying types, shouldn't all of them, except Zapdos, have a disadvantage against Raikou?

ares834

The Weather trio isn't overly threatening. Suicune has several Ice attacks that will work wonders against Rayquaza, and if I recall his Bubblebeam would X4 on Groudon. Raikou takes on Kyogre, and Entei can pick up slack.
This is true, however, Rayquaza can OHKO any of the beasts with outrage if they all have perfect IV, EVs and natures.

Heythere,Honey
Okay, I didn't notice the Mew team here. Mew team FTW!

Weather Trio gets 2nd place. big grin

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by ares834
This is true, however, Rayquaza can OHKO any of the beasts with outrage if they all have perfect IV, EVs and natures.

He has to be able to hit them for that.

Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
Wouldn't that give them more of an advantage? If they are flying types, shouldn't all of them, except Zapdos, have a disadvantage against Raikou?

Yeah, but they still have to be hit for that.

Demonic Phoenix
Since everyone basically believes that the Mew Trio stomps, I'll be breaking the team up, unless anyone objects.
If no one does, I'll offer Mew/MewTwo/Celebi/Deoxys as Special Summons to SC & MooCow. That alright with you two? Let me know if you want any of those 4, and which one. Then I'll "update" the team-list.

(NOTE: Deoxys is only allowed one forme per match)

The remaining members of M.trio will be up for grabs for anyone who wants to make a team BTW, just not together as regular squad members. Having one, say Celebi as a squad member, and M2 as a summon would be fine.

~ Oh, and for the battles, I'll be drawing up the match-ups for the teams, say, each week? If that is alright with you guys. Then we can decide who'd be the winner of each match-up.
It'd help to be somewhat organized in this thread I've made >__>. Still some kinks to work out it seems.

ScreamPaste
Sounds great to me.

Dibs on MewTwo summon! >.>

MooCowofJustice
I would avoid MewTwo all together. Perhaps Deoxys, but I don't know too much about him. If he is a match for MewTwo, then I'd say yeah, avoid him.

Mew is okay, he holds his own against MewTwo. But mind you that MewTwo was suppressing the powers of all the other Pokemon on the island, while maintaining control over his storm, and battling Mew. You could swap out Jirachi for Mew as a special summon, as Mew does have more feats. About every feat in Pokemon, to be precise. :P

If you decide to swap Jirachi for Mew I'd say you're golden. The Weather trio need some help anyway.

ScreamPaste
Moo is probably, right, actually, taking MewTwo, Deoxys and Mew out would probably be best. stick out tongue

ares834
He has to be able to hit them for that.
He will Outrage has a 100% chance to hit.

MooCowofJustice
In those battles, yeah. But it doesn't allow for the possibility of movement as would be the case in a real battle. The Beasts are much faster than Rayquaza.

AsbestosFlaygon
Quick question.

By neutral ground, do they fight on Earth?

If so, I'm quite sure the Weather Trio would outlast all the other teams, except for Mewtwo (the one-man wrecking machine in his team).

MooCowofJustice
What do you mean out last?

AsbestosFlaygon
They will be the last Pokeymanz standing.

The others will die (except MAYBE Mewtwo), since Earth is basically the Weather Trio's domain.

MooCowofJustice
Domain is just the place you live, it is everyone else's domain too.

But if you mean their abilities, they are pretty much nullified by the more powerful Rayquaza's ability which cancels all weather effects.

Ho-Oh may not actually ever die. Lugia probably do because there is more than one. Entei might die, there is also more than one. Raikou I dunno about. Suicune probably wouldn't, he is the embodiment of the North Wind. The Golems, they won't die. Regice is made of Ice from the Ice Age. Regirock rebuilds itself with more rocks. And Registeel is hollow, it shouldn't be alive anyway, but it is.

When I said all those dies I meant of old age. Which is what I thought you were talking about.

AsbestosFlaygon
It's not like all the Legendaries are equally powerful.

Some are stronger than the other Legendaries, with Arceus at the top of the food chain, and the Phiones at the bottom.

Without the special Summons (Mewtwo included), the Weather Trio are definitely the strongest of the bunch.
Rayquaza himself albeit a part of a trio, is also the master of a Legendary Trio, in case you didn't know.

MooCowofJustice
I know. no expression

They just have terrible type disadvantages. As well as a lack of speed against the Beasts, and possibly Birds. My Golems are just win. thumb up

BloodRain
Weather trios are on a higher level then any of the normal trios (birds, beasts and golems)(up there with Ho-oh and Lugia)

MooCowofJustice
Groudon created continents. Kyogre filled up the Oceans. That doesn't speak for incredible levels of power.

BloodRain
Stats, mythes, everything kinda puts the other trios below them.

MooCowofJustice
Like I said, the Beast trio is much faster than Groudon or Kyogre, and likely Rayquaza as well. It's incredibly challenging to hit a Bird when you are grounded or under water. Especially when there are three of them, and they are attacking you back.

The Golems are different. They don't actually have much going for them outside of type advantages. Regice can easily freeze any water thrown at him. Regirock can rebuild itself and Registeel is harder than any metal. I still think they win, but it is pretty challenging.

Demonic Phoenix
So, remove M2 you say? Alright. I dunno if Deoxys is a match for M2, but a Deoxys almost beat Rayquaza in one of the movies iirc.

So, I guess I'll leave Celebi up for grabs then >__>, as a regular or summon. Deoxys can still be used as a summon only if anyone wants him, if not, I'll just remove him.

~ Also, Moo, you'll have to remove Gyrados, Scream has already taken Gyrados. Sorry. Or I suppose I can be lax and let you keep him if you want, since you're helping out stick out tongue.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Quick question.

By neutral ground, do they fight on Earth?

If so, I'm quite sure the Weather Trio would outlast all the other teams, except for Mewtwo (the one-man wrecking machine in his team).

I suppose an area on Earth would do. Just an area with a lake & land.

Demonic Phoenix
Copypasta of the first post.

Teams:
Legendary Golems - Regice, Regirock, Registeel (Special Summon: Regigigas)
Weather Trio - Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza (Special Summon: Mew)

Scream Team - Tyranitar, Gyarados, Steelix, Weavile, Genga (Special Summon: ???)
Team of JUSTICE! - Xatu, Alakazam, Machamp, Gyrados (??), Wobbuffet/Bastiodon (Special Summon: ???)

* For obvious reasons, the Dragon trio is not included, nor will they be allowed, since they'd basically rape everything with their hax powers. Same goes for Arceus.

* Undecided on whether I will allow the Lake Guardians or not.

* Undecided on whether I will allow the Legendary Masters team. Most likely not, if the 'Special Summon' is allowed.

* 'Special Summon' means the Pokemon in question can be summoned ala FF, and can use one move to help the team. I'll restrict this to once per fight. Undecided whether I should incorporate this.

* If you want to suggest teams, feel free. Maximum number is 5 pokemon in a team (if not 5, then 3). I will only allow a maximum of three Legendaries in a team.

* Team make-ups (subject to change): 3-5 "Normal" Pokemon; 1 Legendary + 1-3 "normal"; 2 Legendary + 1 "normal"; 1-3 Legendary.

* Pokemon already part of a team cannot be used again. Probably a maximum of ten teams, though it is probably overkill with even 6 >__>.

* Base stats, and abilities learned by leveling up only. Assume the Pokemon have all those abilities.

MooCowofJustice
MewTwo is pretty amazing in the manga as well, and I know that he and Deoxys had a somewhat matched battle. Just talked to Scream and he impaled Deoxys twice, and he survived.

I think the Weather trio will do much better with Mew as a summon. He can transform into any other Pokemon at will, a rather large advantage which I believe they need. So I say good call. thumb up

I guess I will also swap out Gyrados for...Hariyama.

Heythere,Honey
Rayquaza beat Deoxys which almost beat Mewtwo. no expression

ScreamPaste
IIRC MewTwo is the only one who fought Deoxys at full power.

Also, no A>B>C logic >|

Heythere,Honey
But A>B>C logic is kewl. sad

Heythere,Honey
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
But A>B>C logic is kewl. sad

EDIT: And Rayquaza took several Psycho Boosts. smokin'
EDIT2: Wrong button.

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, in the movie, Rayquaza was a tank.

He took direct hits from a Deoxys, and it only took him one Hyper Beam to disintegrate that Deoxys.

Also, Mewtwo defeated Deoxys in the manga.

MooCowofJustice
This thread. I need to make sure it doesn't die.

Also, I'll suggest that my team gets to use Ninjask as a special summon.

BloodRain
Mewtwo usable?

AsbestosFlaygon
If the Possible Teams are added, I would give the match to the Lake Guardians.

The Legendary Masters would be the last to fall (2nd place), edging the Weather Trio slightly (3rd place).

BTW, another food-for-thought:
Although Manaphy is weaker than Kyogre in the games, in the movie Manaphy was shown to have complete control over all Water-type Pkmn including Kyogre.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
Mewtwo usable?

No. Thank MooCow for that stick out tongue.
Mew2 is overpowered though.

If the Possible Teams are added, I would give the match to the Lake Guardians.

The Legendary Masters would be the last to fall (2nd place), edging the Weather Trio slightly (3rd place).

BTW, another food-for-thought:
Although Manaphy is weaker than Kyogre in the games, in the movie Manaphy was shown to have complete control over all Water-type Pkmn including Kyogre.

I'd decided not to put in the Lake Guardians. They come close to the hax power of the dragon trio.

Legendary Masters aren't in this as well, since I've stipulated that once a Pokemon is in a team, it cannot be used again. To make it more realistic I guess, especially since the Legendary Masters are already Summons. There are many Lugia iirc, but there's only one Ho-Oh, and I believe only one Regigigas as well.

Also, we'll be doing this a little differently; I'll be drawing up matches around each week, and then we'll decide who wins each match-up. Debating is welcome obviously.

3 points per win. 0 points for a loss. I will also allow draws, 1 point per draw.

Finally, do you want to submit a team Asbestos?

This thread. I need to make sure it doesn't die.

Also, I'll suggest that my team gets to use Ninjask as a special summon.

Sorry mate, been waiting for people to submit teams. Ridley_Prime said he'd consider adding a team, but I hadn't replied to the bastard. So I guess I'll wait just a bit for his reply. Or I guess he'll also debate for the Beasts, since he likes Ho-Oh stick out tongue.

Ninjask? Got it. Also, I don't remember if you chose between Wobuffet & Bastiodon.

Teams:
Legendary Golems - Regice, Regirock, Registeel (Special Summon: Regigigas - If summoned, Slow Start does not take effect)

Scream's Dream Team - Tyranitar, Gyarados, Steelix, Weavile, Genga (Special Summon: ???)
Team of JUSTICE! - Xatu, Alakazam, Machamp, Hariyama, Wobbuffet/Bastiodon (???) (Special Summon: Ninjask)

MooCowofJustice
I'll just take Bastiodon. His Defense is easier to work with for the purpose of these threads.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Finally, do you want to submit a team Asbestos?
I'm fine with any roster you guys have as long as it includes a WobbuWall.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think you guys have already included Wobbufet in the Team of JUSTICE.. I guess I will have to settle with a Dunsparce.

MooCowofJustice
Nah you can have the WobbuWall. I'm gonna use Bastiodon.

Demonic Phoenix
Apologies for the slowness >__>.

I'm fine with any roster you guys have as long as it includes a WobbuWall.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think you guys have already included Wobbufet in the Team of JUSTICE.. I guess I will have to settle with a Dunsparce.

So, submitting a team? If by any chance you do, I'll either have to come up with an extra team, or one team won't get to battle in each round. So let me know if you'll be submitting a team plox.

I'll just take Bastiodon. His Defense is easier to work with for the purpose of these threads.

Bastiodon, got it.
________

Teams:
Legendary Golems - Regice, Regirock, Registeel (Special Summon: Regigigas - If summoned, Slow Start does not take effect)

Scream's Dream Team - Tyranitar, Gyarados, Steelix, Weavile, Genga (Special Summon: Charizard)
Team of JUSTICE! - Xatu, Alakazam, Machamp, Hariyama, Bastiodon (???) (Special Summon: Ninjask)

Heythere,Honey
I wanna team too. >_<

MooCowofJustice
You gotta make one.

Heythere,Honey
Mamoswine, Salamence, Golduck, Togekiss, Gallade, Butterfree

Hmm...I guess this is owkei.

MooCowofJustice
We might be limited to five. But six with a special summon.

Heythere,Honey
Butterfree(shiny), Salamence, Golduck, Mamoswine, and Togekiss

SS: Gallade smokin'

AsbestosFlaygon

So, submitting a team? If by any chance you do, I'll either have to come up with an extra team, or one team won't get to battle in each round. So let me know if you'll be submitting a team plox.
K.

Team 6-9 Booty - Skarmory, Wobbufet, Kingdra, Scizor, Weezing, Drapion.

Are we allowed to use Legendaries/Pseudo-legendaries?
Might as well replace one member with Phione.

EDIT: Garchomp is my team's special summon.

ScreamPaste
You are bad and evil. :c

Demonic Phoenix
K.

Team 6-9 Booty - Skarmory, Wobbufet, Kingdra, Scizor, Weezing, Drapion.

Are we allowed to use Legendaries/Pseudo-legendaries?
Might as well replace one member with Phione.

EDIT: Garchomp is my team's special summon.
You have one extra Pokemon on your team.

Yes you are allowed to use pseudo and true legendaries. Scream has Tyranitar, and I've put up a number of Legendaries on the first four teams.

AsbestosFlaygon
You have one extra Pokemon on your team.

Yes you are allowed to use pseudo and true legendaries. Scream has Tyranitar, and I've put up a number of Legendaries on the first four teams.
So we're only limited to 5 Pkmn? Meh, thought it was identical to the games with 6.

Guess I'll have to scrap Drapion sad

Garchomp's still my special summon though biscuits

Heythere,Honey
I see no problem with Chomp. Ice Beam FTW.

Demonic Phoenix
So we're only limited to 5 Pkmn? Meh, thought it was identical to the games with 6.

Guess I'll have to scrap Drapion sad

Garchomp's still my special summon though biscuits

Technically, it's 6 with the Special summon stick out tongue.
________

Teams:

Scream's Dream Team - Tyranitar, Gyarados, Steelix, Weavile, Genga (Special Summon: Charizard)
Team of JUSTICE! - Xatu, Alakazam, Machamp, Hariyama, Bastiodon (Special Summon: Ninjask)
Team 6-9 Booty - Skarmory, Wobbufet, Kingdra, Scizor, Weezing. (Special Summon: Garchomp)
Team HTH - Butterfree(shiny), Salamence, Golduck, Mamoswine, and Togekiss (Special Summon: Galade)

Deadline for submitting teams (Max - 10. We already have 8) is Sunday Midnight stoned. So basically, y'all have the whole of Saturday to submit a team, capiche?

Heythere,Honey
My team name sucks. I've got to think of better usernames.

Demonic Phoenix
Team Spidey-Mon?

Heythere,Honey
Team Spidey-Mon?
I'm choosing between that and "Team Sarcasm".

AsbestosFlaygon
That'll be my final selection.

ScreamPaste
We only have until Sunday at Midnight, guiz! >_> anyone else who wants a team, git in hyah.

Heythere,Honey
OMG, can I still change mah team? squirt

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah. Come up with a name too.

BloodRain
Only lv up moves. What about egg ones?

Heythere,Honey
Updated Team Black Propaganda(I know it still kinda sucks, but meh):
Butterfree(shiny), Dragonite, Mismagius, Mamoswine, and Blastoise (Special Summon: Salamence)

And God, please no egg moves. That'll give Wobbuffet access to the deadly Encore. no expression

EDIT: And can t3h powkeymawns learn moves from previous evolutions?

BloodRain
Dammit I was gonna pick Dragonite >__> want one of the 4 dragons

Heythere,Honey
Dammit I was gonna pick Dragonite >__> want one of the 4 dragons
Fine, you can get Salamence and I'll replace him with the infamous Porygon-Z.

Heythere,Honey
Updated(ONCE MORE!) Team Black Propaganda(I know it still kinda sucks, but meh):
Butterfree(shiny), Dragonite, Mismagius, Mamoswine, and Blastoise (Special Summon: Porygon-Z)

BloodRain
Nah only wanted Dragonite :/ can keep mence

Heythere,Honey
Nah only wanted Dragonite :/ can keep mence
Oh well, I'll still keep Porygon Z just in case someone bashes me for hogging up the pseudo legendaries.

BloodRain
Then i'll call Dragonite, Dusknoir, Aerodactyl, Swampert, Gallade (Special Summon: Rhyperior) for now.

Dont even know how this league works out, and do the summons get a free hit on the other team?

Heythere,Honey
I think we had a little misunderstanding of this Dragonite thing. confused

EDIT: Never mind. -__-

Updated(ONE MOAR TIME BABEH!) Team Black Propaganda(I know it still kinda sucks, but meh):
Butterfree(shiny), Salamence, Mismagius, Mamoswine, and Blastoise (Special Summon: Porygon-Z)

BloodRain
Ahh sorry sorry ^^;;;

But yeah, how do summons work?

Heythere,Honey
This thread needs moar DP.

AsbestosFlaygon
Is the deadline over?

Wanted to ditch Weezing with Mewtwo biscuits

EDIT: Okay that was silly.. No team changes. Weezing's still in the team.

MooCowofJustice
Can I make a second team? smile

ScreamPaste
Can I switch out someone for Wobbuffet? cool I had a really cool idea for him.

BloodRain
Mlah, how do summons work here?

MooCowofJustice
I think Asbestos snatched Wobbu.

ScreamPaste
I think Asbestos snatched Wobbu. Damn.

AsbestosFlaygon
You can have him, Scream.

I'll replace him with Phione.

ScreamPaste
You can have him, Scream.

I'll replace him with Phione. Nah, would feel bad for thieving a pokeyman you claimed first, sir.

Unless you were planning to replace him originally, anyway. Then I'd feel less bad. Was just going to use him as a special summon to appear out of nowhere, counter one attack and insta-pwn an enemy pokemawn. haermm Would be leet.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Nah, would feel bad for thieving a pokeyman you claimed first, sir.

Unless you were planning to replace him originally, anyway. Then I'd feel less bad. Was just going to use him as a special summon to appear out of nowhere, counter one attack and insta-pwn an enemy pokemawn. haermm Would be leet.
Nah man.. It's fine with me.
In fact, I would be delighted.

Now I can add Garchomp in my team, and have Mewtwo as my special summon evilgrin

*random burp* Teehee! innuendur

MooCowofJustice
MewTwo wuz banned frum teh thread.

AsbestosFlaygon
ha-son

I'm keeping WobbuWall then mad

stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
Damn, I instill a deadline and people start posting a lot mmm.
Alright, alright, let's take this one step at a time.

Hey There Honey - Would you mind posting your finalized team once more?

Blood Rain - I had posted up a brief explanation.
The way it works is this: Once per fight, the team can summon the Pokemon listed as their Special Summon. That Pokemon gets to use any move. So for example, Ho-Oh could resurrect a fallen Pokemon, or he could just attack the other team.

Moo - If you wish to create one more, you may.

Asbestos - Yeah, MewTwo's banned. Feel free to make any changes to your team if you wish.

I'll extend the deadline until Monday (i.e, once Tuesday starts, no more changes), so you have more time to make changes.
If some people wish to trade Pokemon, feel free to do so.

Also, I have a question for you guys. Since some pokemon in this competition do not appear in movies or the anime (I think), would you be okay with using gameplay feats only? Or do you wish to include feats that take place outside the games?

BloodRain
Thanks, didnt get it in the OP. Why dont you submit a team DP?

MooCowofJustice
K, my second team will be Team America.

Solrock, Exploud, Medicham, Spinda, Hitmonlee. Special summon Golem.

I don't see a problem with allowing all feats.

ScreamPaste
K, my second team will be Team America.

Solrock, Exploud, Medicham, Spinda, Hitmonlee. Special summon Golem.

I don't see a problem with allowing all feats. I get why Golem and Solrock are on Team America, as they explode, and Exploud sounds like explode, but Hitmonlee? 131

BloodRain
'Cause Bruce Lee came from America?

MooCowofJustice
I don't believe I like what you are implying, Scream.

Team Canadia is six Spinda.

ScreamPaste
I don't believe I like what you are implying, Scream.

Team Canadia is six Spinda.
Team Canada is the world record holder for most gold medals ever. 131

MooCowofJustice
Only 'cause the games were held in Canadia. Easier to cheat with a home field advantage.

Demonic Phoenix
I didn't see USA getting the most gold medals at Salt Lake City, even with home advantage 313

MooCowofJustice
We are honest competitors.

Heythere,Honey
Ubers should be banned.

Updated(Jut once moar...) Team Black Propaganda(I know it still kinda sucks, but meh):
Butterfree(shiny), Salamence, Mismagius, Mamoswine, and Blastoise (Special Summon: Porygon-Z)

AsbestosFlaygon
Ubers should be banned.
I somehow agree with this.
DP, what do you think?

EDIT: Guess that means I'll have to find a suitable replacement for WobbuWall sad
@ HTH and DP, are Ubers OK to be used as summons?

Heythere,Honey
Aren't the only non-legendary ubers Chomp, Wynaut and Wobbuffet?

BloodRain
The only one with ubers is Flaygon, who's strangely agreed to them being banned.

Heythere,Honey
So is this whole thing like...one at a time or 5 Powkeymawnz rumble all at once?

AsbestosFlaygon

Team 6-9 Booty - Skarmory, Metagross, Kingdra, Scizor, Weezing. (Special Summon: Darkrai)

I guess legendaries/pseudo-legendaries are allowed then huh.

This'll be my final team roster.

Demonic Phoenix
Definitely, otherwise, I'd have to remove the teams I made up at first, and others would have to change their teams quite a bit, especially you stick out tongue.

So is this whole thing like...one at a time or 5 Powkeymawnz rumble all at once?

The way I envisioned it working is this: I'd provide match-ups each week. If we have ten teams, we'll have 5 matches each week. Each of us would post who wins (sincerely plox). Naturally, some of us might have 'problems' with another person's choice, in which case we can take it to debating.

I'll ask Ridley to be an impartial judge, and even Scythe, as they are the only ones I know of with good Pokemon knowledge, who aren't participating.

I don't think we'll be able to simulate actual pokemon battle between two people (i.e. substituting posts for moves) stick out tongue.

If two people do end up debating, they will have to come up with strategies for their team choice to use against the other team choice. Simply stating a move will not work, unless it has the ability to hit multiple members (I don't know of any attack that does this tbh). No, you must come up with actual tactics and strats to use.

Do ye all get this point?

BloodRain
I guess legendaries/pseudo-legendaries are allowed then huh.

This'll be my final team roster.

I thought it was 1 Legendary + 3 normals in the OP.

AsbestosFlaygon
I thought it was 1 Legendary + 3 normals in the OP.
Well, DP said each team can have a max of 5, the 6th being the special summon.

Mewtwo and Arceus + the 3 other ubers are banned.

My team has 1 pseudo-legendary + 4 normals + 1 legendary as special summon.
I don't see anything wrong with it, unless I misread/skipped some of the rules.

ScreamPaste
Does that mean you dropped Wobbuffet? droolio

AsbestosFlaygon
Does that mean you dropped Wobbuffet? droolio
Take a guess
ahuh

Demonic Phoenix
Well, DP said each team can have a max of 5, the 6th being the special summon.

Mewtwo and Arceus + the 3 other ubers are banned.

My team has 1 pseudo-legendary + 4 normals + 1 legendary as special summon.
I don't see anything wrong with it, unless I misread/skipped some of the rules.

I do not count Pseudo legendaries as Legendaries. So yes, you can have 4 normals and 1 Pseudo-legendary.
I'll impose a limit on the number of pseudo legendaries allowed though. 2 is max enough I think. Also, M2 is banned mate.

Special summons do not count towards the limit. I've put a limit of three Legendaries, and if you'll notice, my teams have 3 Legendaries as the Core team, and another Legendary as the Special Summon.

BloodRain
Not liking how much Wobb is wanted >.>

Damn, that was the sole reason I didn't claim Darkrai. Ah well.

ScreamPaste
Well, I'd make Wobbuffet meh summon. He only needs to attack once. shifty

BloodRain
So your summon is a reflect shield?

Demonic Phoenix
Ban the Wobbuball dildo sword then?

YES? NO? MAYBE?

ScreamPaste
So your summon is a reflect shield? Pretty much, yes.Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Ban the Wobbuball dildo sword then?

YES? NO? MAYBE? WWaLxFIVX1s

BloodRain
Any clause limits??

ScreamPaste
Team Scream N' Cream - Tyranitar, Gyarados, Charizard, Steelix, Gengar (Special Summon: Wobbuffet)
^Is this okay? shifty

Demonic Phoenix
Pretty much, yes. WWaLxFIVX1s

Fine, I won't ban Wobbuball.

I'll ban Counter and Encore though link-rape

ScreamPaste

I'll ban Counter and Encore though link-rape HAX D:

BloodRain
Only Encore as it dont learn it Lv wise.

ScreamPaste
Only Encore as it dont learn it Lv wise. Actually, it does. Encore is learned by Wynaut at level 1.

http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/pokedex/360

It's not an egg move, just a previous evo move. Since all pokemanz are born at lvl 1, and 90% of wobbuffet sets use this move, I don't think it should be banned.

Demonic Phoenix
Teams:

Team Scream N' Cream - Tyranitar, Gyarados, Charizard, Steelix, Gengar (Special Summon: Wobbuffet)
Team of JUSTICE! - Xatu, Alakazam, Machamp, Hariyama, Bastiodon (Special Summon: Ninjask)
Team 6-9 Booty - Skarmory, Wobbufet, Kingdra, Scizor, Weezing. (Special Summon: Garchomp)
Team of Black Propaganda Butterfree(shiny), Salamence, Mismagius, Mamoswine, and Blastoise (Special Summon: Porygon-Z)
(MooCow - NAME!?): Solrock, Exploud, Medicham, Spinda, Hitmonlee. (Special summon: Golem)
(BloodRain - NAME!?)Dragonite, Dusknoir, Aerodactyl, Swampert, Gallade (Special Summon: Rhyperior)

Scream: I'm the goddamn Batman!313

~ Didn't Asbestos say he still wants Wobbufet?

ScreamPaste

Scream: I'm the goddamn Batman!313

~ Didn't Asbestos say he still wants Wobbufet? At the top of this page I thought he'd changed his team? I could be wrong. stick out tongue

BloodRain
Either way Scream aint letting go of Wobb ;p

Demonic Phoenix
At the top of this page I thought he'd changed his team? I could be wrong. stick out tongue

Damn, my bad. Alright, you can have Wobbufet, seeing as no one is objecting anyway.

BloodRain
We got a sleep clause or something going on?

MooCowofJustice
My second team's name was Team America.

ScreamPaste
Evil schemes, I has evil schemes.

MooCowofJustice
My teams > yours.

BloodRain
Ill go for Team Retribution >__> yayy..

AsbestosFlaygon

So all other Ubers are banned, sans WobbuWall? confused
Or are we allowed to use the other Ubers?
HTH and BloodRain got me all confused with their replies in page 5.

In that case, I'll have to make more roster changes for Team 6-9 Booty... again facepalm

EDIT: I assume legendary Powkeymanz with base total of 670+ are banned?

I'll post my final roster (hopefully) tomorrow ASAP.. it's already past 4am and I haven't got any shuteye.

Demonic Phoenix
So all other Ubers are banned, sans WobbuWall? confused
Or are we allowed to use the other Ubers?
HTH and BloodRain got me all confused with their replies in page 5.

In that case, I'll have to make more roster changes for Team 6-9 Booty... again facepalm

EDIT: I assume legendary Powkeymanz with base total of 670+ are banned?

I'll post my final roster (hopefully) tomorrow ASAP.. it's already past 4am and I haven't got any shuteye.

Arceus and the Dragon trio are banned, as is the Lake Trio (simply because their powers are Hax). Then there's MewTwo. That's about it I think.
_______

Legendary Birds: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres. (Special Summon: Lugia)
Legendary Beasts: Entei, Raikou, Suicune. (Special Summon: Ho-Oh)
Legendary Golems: Regice, Regirock, Registeel (Special Summon: Regigigas - If summoned, Slow Start does not take effect)
Weather Trio: Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza (Special Summon: Mew)

Team Scream N' Cream: Tyranitar, Gyarados, Charizard, Steelix, Gengar (Special Summon: Wobbuffet)
Team of JUSTICE!: Xatu, Alakazam, Machamp, Hariyama, Bastiodon (Special Summon: Ninjask)
Team 6-9 Booty: Skarmory, Wobbufet, Kingdra, Scizor, Weezing. (Special Summon: Garchomp)
Team Black Propaganda: Butterfree(shiny), Salamence, Mismagius, Mamoswine, and Blastoise (Special Summon: Porygon-Z)
Team America: Solrock, Exploud, Medicham, Spinda, Hitmonlee. (Special summon: Golem)
Team Retribution: Dragonite, Dusknoir, Aerodactyl, Swampert, Gallade (Special Summon: Rhyperior)

Heythere,Honey
Damn...if only I woke up earlier I could've gotten Wobby you guys are meanies.crybaby

MooCowofJustice
There are two F's in Wobbuffet. Team 6-9 Booty needs a correction.

link-rape

BloodRain
Curios to what the Ninjask summon is for.

MooCowofJustice
Speedblitzin', distractions, annoyance, and other things.

AsbestosFlaygon

Team 6-9 Booty: Skarmory, Garchomp, Kingdra, Scizor, Electivire. (Special Summon: Wynaut)

Sorry for the late post, no internet since the morning.

Had to replace Wobbu with Garchomp and Weezing with Electivire.
Wynaut takes Garchomp's place as special summon biscuits

BloodRain
Wonderful, two mirror summons..

ScreamPaste
Wonderful, two mirror summons.. I smell a bucket of lulz. >.>

Incidentally, either summon can spontaneously appear and encore a move or cast safeguard.

MooCowofJustice
Wobbuffet vs Wynaut = wins. I really hope it comes down to that in a debate.

BloodRain
Be the same as the Metapod vs Metapod (also the now ruined) scene.

MooCowofJustice
So what's this thread gonna do? Are we going to have a Round Robin tournament when all our teams are signed up, too?

ScreamPaste
Wobbuffet vs Wynaut = wins. I really hope it comes down to that in a debate. What happens if you counter a countered move? @_@

MooCowofJustice
The omniverse implodes, and then explodes for the hell of it.

AsbestosFlaygon
Ban Wobbu and Wynaut?

What will Scream say..

ScreamPaste
Ban Wobbu and Wynaut?

What will Scream say.. Wobbu uses Counter, nay-sayers ban themselves. uhuh

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/wobbuffetnou.jpg

Heythere,Honey
BTW, If Shedinja shows its black hole back to another Powkeymawnz does that mean an insta-win?

BloodRain
Its only believed to steal the soul.(?)

Demonic Phoenix
Legendary Birds: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres. (Special Summon: Lugia)
Legendary Beasts: Entei, Raikou, Suicune. (Special Summon: Ho-Oh)
Legendary Golems: Regice, Regirock, Registeel (Special Summon: Regigigas - If summoned, Slow Start does not take effect)
Weather Trio: Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza (Special Summon: Mew)

Team Scream N' Cream: Tyranitar, Gyarados, Charizard, Steelix, Gengar (Special Summon: Wobbuffet)
Team of JUSTICE!: Xatu, Alakazam, Machamp, Hariyama, Bastiodon (Special Summon: Ninjask)
Team 6-9 Booty: Skarmory, Garchomp, Kingdra, Scizor, Electivire. (Special Summon: Wynaut)
Team Black Propaganda: Butterfree(shiny), Salamence, Mismagius, Mamoswine, and Blastoise (Special Summon: Porygon-Z)
Team America: Solrock, Exploud, Medicham, Spinda, Hitmonlee. (Special summon: Golem)
Team Retribution: Dragonite, Dusknoir, Aerodactyl, Swampert, Gallade (Special Summon: Rhyperior)

~ Just to confirm before I draw up the matches. These are the teams right guys?

ScreamPaste
Mine looks right. cool

BloodRain
Same.

Still didnt decide between Lucario or Gallade confused meh, ah well.

AsbestosFlaygon
thumb up

MooCowofJustice
Mine are good.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>