Sex and Age

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Kandy
Just like my marriage laws thread, I'm going to try and probe what exactly a logical system might be here.

What age is "proper" for people to begin having sex. Or rather, if you were a parent (or if you are one currently), when do you think you would feel comfortable with your child doing so?

We can be real here-- if enough precaution is taken, the risks of sex aren't all that high. Based on that, if anyone passed puberty wanted to do it, and were doing it safely, why shouldn't they be allowed to?

There is a moral level to sex of course, but to what extent is it logically consistent and justifiable, and how does it relate to this issue?

Moscow
To each their own. Some people just decide they are ready for it, and they do it. Whether they realize a potential pregnancy or a potential disease could arise from it is probably none of their concern.

I waited until the exact day of my 18th birthday to have sex with my girlfriend(at the time). For me, I didn't feel it was proper for me to involve sex with high school, because I felt it would bring a whole lot of extra crap into my life that I didn't need to have. I was perfectly fine with just a little teasing and playing around with her at ages 15-17, and we both didn't "need" to have sex.

I don't think there's a "proper" age to have sex. People will do it when they want to do it, and who the hell should stop them? Do abstinence-programs work? If one wants to look at what happened to Laredo, TX then one wouldn't feel that abstinence programs work properly. In any case, when young (and I'm talking teeny-boppers)people have sex there will be quite a few interesting stories to live through.

allofyousuckkk
I think it really depends on the person. I think before 16 it is unacceptable. Why grow up too fast? It should be somebody you're really close with. You only lose it once.

King Kandy
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
I think it really depends on the person. I think before 16 it is unacceptable. Why grow up too fast? It should be somebody you're really close with. You only lose it once.
Why 16? What is the basis? It means little legally and it means less in terms of brain development and maturity.

Wild Shadow
well i started at 16 also if i had a daughter never... if i had a son whenever he felt comfortable and his girl was hot and not a porker.

BruceSkywalker
each and every person is different... for some they will start at 13, others 18 and what not.. i started when I was 16..

Moscow
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
well i started at 16 also if i had a daughter never... if i had a son whenever he felt comfortable and his girl was hot and not a porker.

laughing out loud Just more cushion for the pushin

§P0oONY
There is the rule. It's acceptable to have sex with someone so long as the age gap is no larger than the oldest person's age halved plus 7. It's an exact science.

Example:

I'm 21, so I can sleep with anyone between 17.5 and 28 without it being weird.

King Kandy
So it's not creepy for a 14 year old to have sex with a 7 year old. Yeah, I think not.

Again yes people, "everyone is different" is certainly true, but that's not the question. People CAN start whenever they want, I was wondering when exactly the "magic age" people have in mind is regarding this, especially parents towards their children.

jalek moye
i personally wouldnt care once they were 16 as long as they were safe about it, don't really have an actual reason just seems a good age to me.

Ms.Marvel
i have an aunt that is married to a guy about 25 years younger than her.

this is probably gonna sound weird, but, i think that sex and the law should work in a similar manner to getting a drivers license... in order to get a drivers license you have to pass x amounts of tests and study x amounts of material before you can receive clearance to drive; this forces you to at least be aware of the consequences and details involved in driving car, and if you go through the process then you accept that. in that same manner, if youre under 18 and you want to be legally allowed to have sex then you shave to take a specific course that educates you on the consequences of having sex, and if you pass the course then get... i dunno some kind of proof that you passed, and then you can do your thing.

i think that this process should only be mandatory for people under 18 since 18 is the year (here in the states) that you become an adult legally. if youre over 18, then do whatever you want.

as crappy as it sounds though if youre under 18 then you'd probably need parents permission to go through the licensing process at all, though, because theyre still legally responsible for your well being. as for the minimum age limti for when you can go through the process regardless of permission, id say somewhere around the middle of the average years of puberty. so 15+. i say that time because by the time most kids hit the middle of puberty theyre old enough to understand at least the most basic of sex education (no one ever pays attention to sex ed int he 5th grade), and its around the middle of puberty that kids start to get seriously curious about sex.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by King Kandy
So it's not creepy for a 14 year old to have sex with a 7 year old. Yeah, I think not.

Again yes people, "everyone is different" is certainly true, but that's not the question. People CAN start whenever they want, I was wondering when exactly the "magic age" people have in mind is regarding this, especially parents towards their children. Do the maths. 14/2 +7 =14

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

this is probably gonna sound weird, but, i think that sex and the law should work in a similar manner to getting a drivers license... in order to get a drivers license you have to pass x amounts of tests and study x amounts of material before you can receive clearance to drive; this forces you to at least be aware of the consequences and details involved in driving car, and if you go through the process then you accept that. in that same manner, if youre under 18 and you want to be legally allowed to have sex then you shave to take a specific course that educates you on the consequences of having sex, and if you pass the course then get... i dunno some kind of proof that you passed, and then you can do your thing.

i think that this process should only be mandatory for people under 18 since 18 is the year (here in the states) that you become an adult legally. if youre over 18, then do whatever you want.

as crappy as it sounds though if youre under 18 then you'd probably need parents permission to go through the licensing process at all, though, because theyre still legally responsible for your well being. as for the minimum age limti for when you can go through the process regardless of permission, id say somewhere around the middle of the average years of puberty. so 15+. i say that time because by the time most kids hit the middle of puberty theyre old enough to understand at least the most basic of sex education (no one ever pays attention to sex ed int he 5th grade), and its around the middle of puberty that kids start to get seriously curious about sex. I agree make them need licences. You can test them on technique. A man will never have to suffer a bad blow job again. A woman will never had to suffer... bad... everything again.

Ms.Marvel
wasnt exactly what i was driving at >_______>

§P0oONY
wasnt exactly what i was driving at >_______> Yeah, yeah.... I read between the lines you saucy nymph.

Robtard
Why 16? What is the basis? It means little legally and it means less in terms of brain development and maturity.

Umm, no. Much physical and mental development happens in the teen years.

Think of how you were at 13, 15, 17 and 19, as examples. You made leaps (or should have) and it was a relatively small amount of years between.

As for me, I'd prefer my kids at least wait until their late teens and with people close to their age; preferably someone they've known and been dating for some time too. Also, no black, no Jews.

Ms.Marvel
but mexicans are okay? wtf

Robtard
but mexicans are okay? wtf

I meant with only members of the human race; the two noted exceptions withholding, thought my statement would have carried that sentiment.

Wild Shadow
wow... racist much? i mean i can understand the jew think i mean who hasnt had something against them in one way or another but, seriously what are ur reasons?

also does that mean no mexicans? i didnt understand ur response to Ms. Marvel..

Symmetric Chaos
3 or 4. Anyone who says those nymphets don't want it is trying to restrict my natural rights.

Rogue Jedi
So I guess the fact that I have had sex with 20 year olds makes me a sicko. Go me!!!

Sadako of Girth
Yeah, but that doesn't count.. you were three at the time and those guys were just plain rude not buying you at least mouthwash/breathmint afterwards... wink

Rogue Jedi
Hey, they bought me dinner, they earned it.

King Kandy

as crappy as it sounds though if youre under 18 then you'd probably need parents permission to go through the licensing process at all, though, because theyre still legally responsible for your well being. as for the minimum age limti for when you can go through the process regardless of permission, id say somewhere around the middle of the average years of puberty. so 15+. i say that time because by the time most kids hit the middle of puberty theyre old enough to understand at least the most basic of sex education (no one ever pays attention to sex ed int he 5th grade), and its around the middle of puberty that kids start to get seriously curious about sex.
You still can't drink legally at 18, why not restrict sex to 21 then?

Bardock42

I agree with all you said, it should be mandatory for everyone though. And be reviewed every 5 years.

There should also be an additional and more difficult one for people who want to reproduce

§P0oONY
I think people blow this shit out of proportion. Underage sex and teenage pregnancy isn't half the problem the middle class right try to make it in to.

Bardock42

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
I agree, sex and pregnancy is the problem. Not sure how underage and teenage entered that equation.

Hells yeah! We all know that small children are rarely harmed when adults pressure them into sexual relationships. In fact it's character building.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Hells yeah! We all know that small children are rarely harmed when adults pressure them into sexual relationships. In fact it's character building.

Agreed, it teaches them to build tight social networks and ultimately to succeed.

The Nuul
I was getting handjobs from my best friends little sister and I was fingering her when I was in grade 6. She was in grade 5 at the time. We didnt know anything past the foreplay even though I was going through sex ed at the time. We didnt connected the dots to anything more sexual but it felt really good for the both of us.

There is an age limit on when people should be sexually active. But when they are past that age then theres a age range, after when people are above this then its when ever they want with in the law. But it could be argued that late teens if responsible could still have sex. I didnt have sex until it felt right with the right Woman but foreplayed lots before that though.

The Nuul

dadudemon
I agree with all you said, it should be mandatory for everyone though. And be reviewed every 5 years.

There should also be an additional and more difficult one for people who want to reproduce /

I support this message.

Good luck enforcing it.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Colossus-Big C
before 10 years old its unacceptable, i dont care what anyone says

inimalist
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

least controversial statement of the year

wink

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
least controversial statement of the year

wink

But he's stepping on the rights of pedophiles erm

inimalist

which rights are those?

Bardock42

Well actually he's more stepping on the "rights" of under 10 year olds.

Symmetric Chaos
which rights are those?

The natural right to have sex with small children.

The Nuul

Might as well be this.....if the are old enough to crawl than they are in the right position.

inimalist
The natural right to have sex with small children.

probably best to stick with negative rights

Symmetric Chaos
probably best to stick with negative rights

The right to not be coerced into not having sex with small children, then.

inimalist
The right to not be coerced into not having sex with small children, then.

the childs right to not forcibly have sex or to not be put in a situation where an adult is coercing them into something they don't understand would supercede that

King Kandy
Thanks for stating the obvious... so if you had a kid who was 11 who had sex, you would be a-ok?

§P0oONY
You've done nothing but play the devil's advocate in this thread King Kandy, how about actually voicing your own opinion.

King Kandy
I don't have a solid opinion. That's one of the reasons I made this thread.

§P0oONY
Why ask for people's opinions then? If all you're going to do it question them. People can think what they want when it comes to the correct age of sex but it all amounts to nothing. Laws are already in place and I'm personally satisfied with the age of 16 here. Seems perfectly reasonable.

Bardock42

King Kandy
I'm trying to see if anyone can logically justify their attitudes to the issue.

§P0oONY
Yeah, as reasonable as randomly picked ages can be, really. It's not that random really. Most people have finished puberty, you're old enough to leave school and move out. Seems like a relativly sensible place to put the age limit.

inimalist
I'm trying to see if anyone can logically justify their attitudes to the issue.

but its an issue that age really isn't the most prevalent in. Sure, there are situations that are obviously explotitative (in terms of age of consent), but in those cases it is because the child is so young that it is impossible they would have the sexual maturity to be in a serious relationship with someone of an older age.

But, I'm not going to say there aren't cases of 16 year olds who are sexually mature enough to handle themselves with older people, in the same way that there are people over 30 who never become sexually mature.

The logic would be that people become mature enough around 14-16 to be engaging in sexual relations with their peers, and largely it is social hegemony on the issue that stops sort of widespread exploitation. lol, imho anyways.

jaden101
What's the best thing about twenty eight year olds?

There's twenty of them.

Thank you, Thank you...Here all week.

§P0oONY
Twenty one year olds works better. 21 is a more desirable age and 1 is more disgusting.

Bat Dude
Sex is acceptable above the age of 16-17. 15 and you're REALLY pushing it. Anything under that and it's just unacceptable, imo.

I also believe on a moral standpoint that sex should ONLY be with someone you really care about, and plan on being with for AT LEAST a year or two. I know it's almost unrealistic at this point to expect people to actually do that, but I honestly believe you shouldn't have sex unless you actually love the person you're doing it with. Otherwise, what's the point?

Ms.Marvel
...extreme, mind blowing pleasure?

Bat Dude
...extreme, mind blowing pleasure?

With someone you don't give a damn about?

Ms.Marvel
yeah, whats wrong with that?

youre thinking about it with the idea in mind that sex is inherently sacred; to some people its not, especially for people who dont want kids. its just another way to stimulate your senses and have a lot of fun, like riding a ride (pun?) at an amusement park. do you ride rides or watch movies or engage in other pelasurable activities only with someone that youre deeply in love with?

besides, all animals on earth screw and in a lot of cases for non human animals, they screw and when the parenting cycle is over they move on, and when the mating season starts again they find entirely different mates from the ones they had before. sex, at its most primal stage, is nothing more than a means to reproduce and further the survival of the species. trying to make it anything more than that is just the result of a tendency humans have to try to find meaning in a universe that doesnt have one. though if youre religious youll probably disagree...

Bat Dude

youre thinking about it with the idea in mind that sex is inherently sacred; to some people its not, especially for people who dont want kids. its just another way to stimulate your senses and have a lot of fun, like riding a ride (pun?) at an amusement park. do you ride rides or watch movies or engage in other pelasurable activities only with someone that youre deeply in love with?

Well, I guess I'm just different.

Sex is really intimate knowledge of someone else. IDK, to me, sex is more than just a pleasurable activity, it's a statement of love, as well. That's why they call it "making love", no?

Robtard
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Well, I guess I'm just different.

Sex is really intimate knowledge of someone else. IDK, to me, sex is more than just a pleasurable activity, it's a statement of love, as well. That's why they call it "making love", no?

Some people call it that, some people just call it "a ****."

§P0oONY

besides, all animals on earth screw and in a lot of cases for non human animals, they screw and when the parenting cycle is over they move on, and when the mating season starts again they find entirely different mates from the ones they had before. sex, at its most primal stage, is nothing more than a means to reproduce and further the survival of the species. trying to make it anything more than that is just the result of a tendency humans have to try to find meaning in a universe that doesnt have one. though if youre religious youll probably disagree... Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
...extreme, mind blowing pleasure? Originally posted by Bat Dude
With someone you don't give a damn about? Got to agree with Bat Dude to a degree. Sex with someone you're intimate with is 100x better than a fling. I don't know about anyone else but I've never had "mind blowing pleasure" from a one night stand. Sure it's pleasurable but it's shit compared to the real deal.

You talk about other animals only sticking around for the mating season, which is true... But they're also other animals. Humans are one of those species that usually sticks to monogamy.

Ms.Marvel
humans were not monogamous for a very large portion of its existence no expression

jalek moye
i would say alot are monogamous culturally but not biologically

Ms.Marvel
i would agree with that.

a lot of cultures to this day are polygamous though, in places like africa for example.

§P0oONY
humans were not monogamous for a very large portion of its existence no expression But we are now regardless of anything else.

If you've ever had sex with someone you love you'll know that it's a totally different experience.

Ms.Marvel

§P0oONY
Well, you go **** around then. See if I care. You're missing out.

jalek moye

§P0oONY
Originally posted by jalek moye
not thinking humans are biologically monogamous doesnt mean you go sleepign with everyone you meet I'm just fed up with people over analysing shit like sex. So as I said before: " Well, you go **** around then. See if I care"

Ms.Marvel

§P0oONY
what a retarded thing to say erm Shit, how will I ever live without the respect of you. It's unbearable, I die a little with every thought I give it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ms.Marvel
youve established that you think that youre a badass and youre opinionated and youll say whatevers on your mind. okay.

dont act butt hurt when people take that same liberty and point out that what you say is retarded no expression

Symmetric Chaos

Wild Shadow

§P0oONY
Indeed. Isn't it wonderful how counter culture has become mindlessly dogmatic? If it's against the grain it's superior and always correct.

Rogue Jedi

Wild Shadow
the difference is you cuddle after and you dont have to check ur wallet the next morning..

King Kandy
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Sex is acceptable above the age of 16-17. 15 and you're REALLY pushing it. Anything under that and it's just unacceptable, imo.

I also believe on a moral standpoint that sex should ONLY be with someone you really care about, and plan on being with for AT LEAST a year or two. I know it's almost unrealistic at this point to expect people to actually do that, but I honestly believe you shouldn't have sex unless you actually love the person you're doing it with. Otherwise, what's the point?
What's the point? That really seems like a very naive response. Obviously there are tons of people who don't agree with you on that issue, but you somehow think you can condemn them for that because they don't live up to your idealized idea of sex.

Also, why is "16" the landmark age, but one year earlier and "OH NO THAT'S TOO EARLY!" That seems incredibly arbitrary to me.

§P0oONY
What's the point? That really seems like a very naive response. Obviously there are tons of people who don't agree with you on that issue, but you somehow think you can condemn them for that because they don't live up to your idealized idea of sex.

Also, why is "16" the landmark age, but one year earlier and "OH NO THAT'S TOO EARLY!" That seems incredibly arbitrary to me. So because loads of people disagree with him he's naive and shouldn't have the stand point? Since when are these things so cut and dry. His opinions are as valid as anyones. Don't get on your high horse because you don't agree, your stand point is not superior.

Sex is sex, treat it as you want. Don't start a thread asking for someone's opinion and then have the audacity to call them naive for sharing it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the difference is you cuddle after and you dont have to check ur wallet the next morning.. no

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
no what do u mean no?

is it u dont have to hold back ur farts? embarrasment

Juk3n
How old is 15 really?

Wild Shadow
ask dave chapelle... he answered that question.

Alpha Centauri
The act of sex is the same no matter who does it, or why.

All that "differs" is the personal, emotional experience. The act is no more or less sacred whether it's with a prostitute or a wife.

-AC

Bardock42

Liberator

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

All that "differs" is the personal, emotional experience. The act is no more or less sacred whether it's with a prostitute or a wife.

-AC But your emotional statee effects the manitude of orgasim. Wouldn't you agree? It certainly has with me. Obviously the physical aspects are pretty much the same (although in a relationship you tend to find out what your partner likes over time) but sex isn't a purely physical thing.

Just for the record, I don't believe you should have to be in a relationship or married to have sex, I don't believe sex is sacred at all, whether in a relationship or not. Having casual no strings sex is fine. I have no problem with it at all.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

not so much sacred as essential..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.