Joruus C'baoth Vs. ROTS Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
Fight to the Death:
Sabers
Force
All-out

I am giving

1. Anakin
2. C'baoth
3. C'baoth

Debate?

MasterAshenVor
Nope.

ares834
1. Anakin
2. Anakin
3. Anakin

Q99
C'baoth... it's been a long time since I've read his stuff. He seemed very force strong, but it's hard to tell much about his saber skills.

Galan007
I can't recall the extent of Joruus' saber capabilities, but I am confident that his prowess with the force > Anakin's.

truejedi
we weren't ever given insight into his saber abilities, I don't think, but he was quite impressive with the force.

ares834
Not Dooku level and we see how mich his force mastery helped him against Skywalker.

truejedi
Not Dooku Level? What is Dooku's most impressive force feat?

Ms.Marvel
wtf.

joruus got his ass handed to him by mara in a straight up fight... his force powers failed to save him.

truejedi
That wasn't Joruus. That was a clone. Joruus died in Outbound flight.

Ms.Marvel
i thought jorus was the regular one and joruus was the clone

Ms.Marvel
yes im right

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Joruus_C%27baoth

this is the non clone

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jorus_C%27baoth

truejedi
Nice call. I never realized they had two different names. This thread is supposed to be Jorus C'Baoth then.

Darth_Glentract
I don't think we know much about Jorus then. Joruus though I think would win at least in the Force department. Sabers, nah.

truejedi
We know a few things about Jorus in the force.
Nothing about sabers.

He held a missile stationary in the air, with the force for a few minutes before walking over to dramatically cut off the payload.

He also coordinated Battle Meditation with several dozen Jedi in a fight with thrawn. Also pulled the ship-to-ship force choke.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by ares834
1. Anakin
2. Anakin
3. Anakin

This.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by truejedi
We know a few things about Jorus in the force.
Nothing about sabers.

He held a missile stationary in the air, with the force for a few minutes before walking over to dramatically cut off the payload.

He also coordinated Battle Meditation with several dozen Jedi in a fight with thrawn. Also pulled the ship-to-ship force choke.

Most impressively, he took over the minds of some 37,000 crew members on a Star Destroyer.

Ms.Marvel
and yet he couldnt take over the mind of one force sensitive sad

BruceSkywalker
Anakin x 3

Galan007
Nice call. I never realized they had two different names. This thread is supposed to be Jorus C'Baoth then. Where the force is concerned, Joruus (the clone) seemed more impressive then the original. Force lightning was his play thing, he could level entire structures via force scream, he could shield himself omni-directionally, and he had considerable prowess in the area of mental manipulation.

Oh and Mara only beat Joruus via a sneak attack when he was distracted. Earlier in the story he easily dispatched her with force lightning (whilst simultaneously combating Luke.)

truejedi
Considering Jorus and Joruus would have had the same potential however, and the things that Jorus did accomplish (the missile feat is RIDICULOUS) , I am inclined to think of him as one of the more powerful Jedi of the age. I almost made this a Mace/Jorus thread.

Considering he claimed for himself the title of Jedi Master, and no one objected, says something. Anakin tried that, and got a "***** Please" from Mace.

Galan007
Considering Jorus and Joruus would have had the same potential however, and the things that Jorus did accomplish (the missile feat is RIDICULOUS) , I am inclined to think of him as one of the more powerful Jedi of the age. I almost made this a Mace/Jorus thread.

Considering he claimed for himself the title of Jedi Master, and no one objected, says something. Anakin tried that, and got a "***** Please" from Mace. Agreed.

As for this thread...
Saber: Have to go with Annie -- Jorus' saber skills were wholly undefined.
Force: Jorus. Easily.
All out: Unsure. Though I am still leaning slightly towards Jorus for some reason.

Lord Lucien
I've never read Outbound Flight; what were Jorus' Force feats?

ares834
Considering Jorus and Joruus would have had the same potential however,
no expression Are you serious... Well Anakin had twice the potential of Sidious I guess he stomps...

Cool. Anakin throws stone pillars and accidently destroys buildings with a scream.

lol.

Lol. So this means that Jorus is more powerful... Mace did not grant Anakin the rank of Master because he did not trust him, and for good reason.

truejedi
You aren't necessarily wrong. I was undecided in my thoughts on who wins this. Your argument thus far kinda sucks though.

no expression Are you serious... Well Anakin had twice the potential of Sidious I guess he stomps...

Never realized that potential, so obviously has nothing to do with this discussion.

Destroying a building versus holding a missile inert in the air for an extended period of time? Check the difficulty Yoda had getting a missile to pull out of a nose dive in Dark Rendevous.

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi You aren't necessarily wrong. I was undecided in my thoughts on who wins this. Your argument thus far kinda sucks though.
Well considering I'm hardly arguing yeah.

SO what was your purpose of bringing up Jorus poteintial being the same as his clones. You seem to be implying that they were equally powerful.

Yep. The destruction of a building would require far more force than to hold a missle in the air. Granted stopping it may be difficult, but it really depends on how fast the missle is traveling.

truejedi

Yep. The destruction of a building would require far more force than to hold a missle in the air. Granted stopping it may be difficult, but it really depends on how fast the missle is traveling.
i disagree.

Red Nemesis
Tj, remember how Yoda's missile was falling out of space and was designed as a Kinetic Kill Weapon?

I'd say that is more than your conventional missile.

Also: Anakin's Scream only had to destabilize the building; it isn't necessarily very impressive

truejedi
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Tj, remember how Yoda's missile was falling out of space and was designed as a Kinetic Kill Weapon?

I'd say that is more than your conventional missile.

Also: Anakin's Scream only had to destabilize the building; it isn't necessarily very impressive

Oh definitly, it was an intercontinental ballistic at the least, but think about the sheer kinetic force to stop a missile DEAD. its ridiculous to comprehend. And I agree with the scream,that wasn't all that impressive.

Red Nemesis
I'm not sure it is ridiculous.

Do you have numbers for an estimate?

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Galan007
Oh and Mara only beat Joruus via a sneak attack when he was distracted. Earlier in the story he easily dispatched her with force lightning (whilst simultaneously combating Luke.)

i dont remember this, or the context.

i do remember that joruus was standing on one side of the room and she was standing on the other, and she ran forward and cut him down, though...

truejedi
Didn't Han have something to do with his death. And Red, I'll check.

truejedi
k, Momentum is equal to Mass X Velocity.

using a tomahawk missile, for example, a speed of 550 mph, breaks down to 245.872 Meters per second.

The mass of said missile is: 3200 lbs, or: 1451.495 kg.

So: 1451.495*245.872==356881.9786 kg per m/s.

In this case, the change in momentum is from 356,881.9786 to 0,
So those same numbers can be used in F=MA to determine the force, so we are talking 356,881.9786 Newtons of force to stop the missile, USING ONLY ITS OWN MOMENTUM. This does not even take into account the thrust of the rocket itself which according to :http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/tomahawk.htm is another 29.4 kiloNewtons.

So overall,(in the example of the tomahawk) in a an instant, 29.4+356.881 kN of force would be necessary to stop the rocket. We are talking 386.28 KiloNewtons of force. (let me know if my physics is sketchy, its been 3 years.)

According to this handy-dandy calculator: http://www.unitconversion.org/force/kilonewtons-to-pound-forces-conversion.html

we are talking 86839.423349611 lbs of force, or over 43 tons.

Unless I've got something wrong, its an absurd feat.

Red Nemesis
Nothing looks blatantly wrong, although we covered Kinetic Energy much more effectively than Momentum. (The latter got all of five minutes' explanation. erm)

Compare this to the best that Anakin has. That's what, exactly? Breaking down a durasteel door? Caving in a dilapidated warehouse?

blech

truejedi
Well, Anakin was almost able to overwhelm kenobi once with a force shove. Not quite, but almost. : )

DARTH POWER
Anakin also owned Ventress with TK.. when he trapped her in cables and she had no TK power to free herself or fight back against him.

And id disagree with the opinion that bringign a whole building down(derelict or not) is not at all impressive power.

And I do agree he almost overpowered Obiwan in the Force push. Obiwan just seemed to be putting in more effort into that push. And Anakin didnt need as much time to recover from the push as Obiwan did, which might also suggest Anakins push was harder.

Also in the ROTS novel theres are part when Anakin was chucking stuff at Obiwan with his TK, and Obiwan was fighting back desperatley. Again suggesting Obiwan had to try that much harder to keep up with Anakin in the Force.

truejedi
My point being though, that overpowering kenobi with the force is hardly considered a fantastic feat.

Second: 43 tons man!

Galan007
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i dont remember this, or the context.

i do remember that joruus was standing on one side of the room and she was standing on the other, and she ran forward and cut him down, though... Joruus' attention was focused on Luuke and another beast (of which he was using force lightning on.) This gave Mara the edge she needed to, essentially, sneak up on Joruus and skewer him with her saber. Regardless, she did not kill him in a straight up fight as earlier suggested.

That's all I'ze saying. smile

Ms.Marvel
I DEMAND PASSAGE QUOTES! D<

Galan007
^ That fight happened in a comic. And when I am able to access my external hard drive (possibly today, but tomorrow for sure) I can post scans of the entire scene for ya. smile

Ms.Marvel
you mean the comic adaptation, right? yes

Galan007
si.

Ms.Marvel
okay big grin

truejedi
I'm still thinking it happened differently like that in the book. I'll look at Wiki. I don't have the book. i don't even remember which one it is. regardless, that was Joruus. We have no idea the saber ability of Jorus.

Ms.Marvel
wookie doesnt mention anything about her ambushing him. according to wookie he tries to collapse the building on her or some shiz and she cuts a hole in the floor and uses that to escape, then they go downnstairs and he demands she join him, she stands across from him and says no, he tries to fry her and she runs up and cuts him down.

apparently, leia helps her by guiding her with the force or some shiz.

truejedi
hmmm. Yeah, the part I remembered from the book was the death of the Skywalker Clone.

Galan007
Let's try this again... stick out tongue

Regarding the Mara/Joruus thing, this is what I was referring to:
http://img339.imageshack.us/i/joruus1.jpg/
http://img219.imageshack.us/i/joruus2.jpg/

Like I said, his attention was diverted elsewhere when she struck him down.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i do not remember that segment happening that way in the novel at all 0_0

surprise of the day

Galan007
I haven't read the novel, so the comic adaption of said novel is all I have to go by.

Ms.Marvel
i dont have the novel so i cant prove or disprove either way...

so ill just go with what you presented stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.