Stopping Pedophila Will Undermine The Catholic Church

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/11/connecticut.abuse.bill/index.html?hpt=T1

Seriously, could that have responded in a stupider way?

Wild Shadow
this reminds me of the southpark episode red hot catholic love

Lord Lucien
The Gelgamek vagina is three feet wide and filled with razor-sharp teeth, do you really expect us to have sex with that?

King Kandy
Lol i've heard about this... The church really doesn't seem to know what to do about this situation at all, they are trying a little of everything. Except actual reform, of course.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by King Kandy
Lol i've heard about this... The church really doesn't seem to know what to do about this situation at all, they are trying a little of everything. Except actual reform, of course. A couple of Bishops in Italy and Argentina are going against the church and blaming all of this on the Jews. Does that work?

Juk3n
Originally posted by Darth Jello
A couple of Bishops in Italy and Argentina are going against the church and blaming all of this on the Jews. Does that work?

They could do the world a favour and blame it on the fact that there is NO God to guide them, that way they could go out and get a real job, pay some tax and cease spreading delusional thought all in 1 go.

Liberator
I don't understand.

A reform on sexual abuse laws, and the Catholic church is angry about it?

hahahaha

MooCowofJustice
Well, it sounds like someone in this thread is an incredibly aggressive Atheist.

Bicnarok
I blame it on ancient fairy stories called called religion.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I blame it on ancient fairy stories called called religion.

s'not a story pal!!

some invisible man made everything, then he made a man, then he broke off one of that mans ribs and a made a woe-man. Then he locked them in a garden, then a talking snake showed up and told the woman to eat the fruit of a magical tree...bad things happened...then a man showed up turned some water into wine, let the people eat is flesh and drink his blood died, came back, went home, and one day he'll come back again.

Makes perfect sensethumb up

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Juk3n
s'not a story pal!!

some invisible man made everything, then he made a man, then he broke off one of that mans ribs and a made a woe-man. Then he locked them in a garden, then a talking snake showed up and told the woman to eat the fruit of a magical tree...bad things happened...then a man showed up turned some water into wine, let the people eat is flesh and drink his blood died, came back, went home, and one day he'll come back again.

Amen brother... Praise the No God!, Praise the No God!, Praise the No God!

Ms.Marvel
s'not a story pal!!

"the belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs."

atheism. makes perfect sensethumb up

but seriously. can we all just agree that regardless of the reason for the universe' origin... its most likely retarded?

MooCowofJustice
Probably, Ms. Marvel.

I've always seen Atheists like Mac users. You have a Mac. Shut up about it. Nobody cares.

Ms.Marvel
mac users and prius drivers thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

I've always seen Atheists like Mac users. You have a Mac. Shut up about it. Nobody cares.

Not sure where you get that from?

I've yet to have an atheist come to my door and try to convert me, hand me pamphlet concerning the way I should worship while I'm walking down the street or tell me if I do not believe in something a certain specific way, I'll be punished in the afterlife.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard

I've yet to have an atheist come to my door and try to convert me, hand me pamphlet concerning the way I should worship or tell me if I do not believe in something a certain specific way, I'll be punished in the afterlife.

No, but I have had one in my face telling me that all religions should be done away with. What's the difference? stick out tongue

Bardock42
Probably, Ms. Marvel.

I don't think that Atheists are inherently more pushy about their beliefs than religious people.

MooCowofJustice
Oh noes, what have I started?

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No, but I have had one in my face telling me that all religions should be done away with. What's the difference? stick out tongue

I'm sure those types exist, as idiots exist in all facets. But I do believe they're far fewer than the religious crowd.

Shakyamunison
I'm sure those types exist, as idiots exist in all facets. But I do believe they're far fewer than the religious crowd.

Quantity does not matter. The nuts eventually out number the sane. That is what happened to most religions in the world. So, lets support pedophilia so the Catholic church is not destroyed. laughing out loud

Ms.Marvel

I've yet to have an atheist come to my door and try to convert me, hand me pamphlet concerning the way I should worship while I'm walking down the street or tell me if I do not believe in something a certain specific way, I'll be punished in the afterlife.

thats the thing though. mac users and prius drivers are not pushy. theyre just... basically incapable of not bringing up the fact that they use a mac and drive a prius. they just... bring it up everywhere. like, they cant help themselves, like they just have to establish to everyone, all of the time, that they think religion sucks.

i think the problem is that atheists dont have their own church. theists usually have churches so its a designated place for them to congregate and exchange verbal fellatio. but atheists dont, so they have to bring up in every discussion everywhere that theyre atheists in the hopes that someone else in the crowd is like "WHAT YOURE AN ATHEIST? AH MAN, ME TOO! WE'RE SO MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE!" *chest bump* and everyone else is just like "... >__>"

... i mean as we long as we're making generalizations no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
thats the thing though. mac users and prius drivers are not pushy. theyre just... basically incapable of not bringing up the fact that they use a mac and drive a prius. they just... bring it up everywhere. like, they cant help themselves, like they just have to establish to everyone, all of the time, that they think religion sucks.

i think the problem is that atheists dont have their own church. theists usually have churches so its a designated place for them to congregate and exchange verbal fellatio. but atheists dont, so they have to bring up in every discussion everywhere that theyre atheists in the hopes that someone else in the crowd is like "WHAT YOURE AN ATHEIST? AH MAN, ME TOO! WE'RE SO MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE!" *belly bump* and everyone else is just like "... >__>"

laughing Spot on!

Robtard

i think the problem is that atheists dont have their own church. theists usually have churches so its a designated place for them to congregate and exchange verbal fellatio. but atheists dont, so they have to bring up in every discussion everywhere that theyre atheists in the hopes that someone else in the crowd is like "WHAT YOURE AN ATHEIST? AH MAN, ME TOO! WE'RE SO MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE!" *belly bump* and everyone else is just like "... >__>"

From my own experience, I disagree. I've had very few people ever pronounce they're atheist out of the blue and state why it's better or why someone else should be like them. Usually the Athiest will say he/she is, after some religious person tries to impose their view of God, or if the conversation goes to religion or God. Thinking about, I've only ever had one Athiest say "this is the way to go; here's why" during a religious conversation, The norm just stated thay they were and left it at that.

While I've had Christians (mostly), Jews and a few Muslims bring up their beliefs out of nowhere and tell me why their ways and way of thinking is the "right" way to go.

How many Athiest have told you "I'm an Athiest" out of nowhere?

Bardock42

I'm glad we agree it is unsubstantiated generalization yes

Ms.Marvel
How many Athiest have told you "I'm an Athiest" out of nowhere?

A lot, especially on facebook and at school.

not so much in my own neighborhood now, but i think thats because i live in a much more low class area then i did when i was in SF.

theres a certain irony in that the dirt poor minorities who live here and have screwed up lives have a strong belief in god whereas the prototypical wealthy gays who have everything deny its existence outright. aside from the "hope" factor, i would figure that the people who've repeatedly been screwed throughout their lives would be more cynical of the idea of a divine creator who supposedly "loves" them.

MooCowofJustice
It seems like this conversation started from an out of the blue Atheist admission.

Bardock42
A lot, especially on facebook and at school.

not so much in my own neighborhood now, but i think thats because i live in a much more low class area then i did when i was in SF.

theres a certain irony in that the dirt poor minorities who live here and have screwed up lives have a strong belief in god whereas the prototypical wealthy gays who have everything deny its existence outright. aside from the "hope" factor, i would figure that the people who've repeatedly been screwed throughout their lives would be more cynical of the idea of a divine creator who supposedly "loves" them.

And how does that go down then? People just randomly come up at you and yell "I'm an atheist! You should be too! Only idiots believe in God!"?

Or does it evolve out of the conversation, cause I don't think saying that you are atheist is being particularly preachy or pushy.

Not really ironic.

Ms.Marvel
It seems like this conversation started from an out of the blue Atheist admission.

... yeah pretty much.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Bardock42
And how does that go down then? People just randomly come up at you and yell "I'm an atheist! You should be too! Only idiots believe in God!"?

Or does it evolve out of the conversation, cause I don't think saying that you are atheist is being particularly preachy or pushy.

Not really ironic.

i never said they were preachy or pushy. in fact that doesnt correlate with anything ive said so far...

Bardock42
It seems like this conversation started from an out of the blue Atheist admission. Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
... yeah pretty much.

Err, guys, it's a topic about moral failings of a Religious institution that claims their morals come from a higher power....not really out of the blue...

Ms.Marvel
i dont understand how the moral failings of a religious institution would automatically lead to a rant about how god doesnt exist and the bible is a book of fairy tails. granted, i agree with the latter, but, i dont see how it relates to the actual topic.

by that logic anything religious in nature is automatically related to anything else thats religion related, from my understanding.

Bardock42
i never said they were preachy or pushy. in fact that doesnt correlate with anything ive said so far...

I suppose the notion of the "pushiness" came from Shakya, and my own experience with Mac users as understanding themselves as superior (which you did imply on top of this page). If it is really just about stating what they are, perhaps that could be partly based on being a minority, a believe in God is, at least in the US the standard, so it is not really necessary to state, if it is even true, I personally don't have the same experience, neither on facebook, nor school

Ms.Marvel
okay yes

im not really sure what to say now.

Bardock42
i dont understand how the moral failings of a religious institution would automatically lead to a rant about how god doesnt exist and the bible is a book of fairy tails. granted, i agree with the latter, but, i dont see how it relates to the actual topic.

by that logic anything religious in nature is automatically related to anything else thats religion related, from my understanding.

Well it is definitely one aspect of this particular discussion. In some way any religious topic is of course linked to the possibility that it is not based on truth. But especially in this case, his response, although aggressive, was definitely not unrelated to the topic, it fit rather well into the debate and was not brought up "out of the blue" as moocow stated.

Ms.Marvel
i'll take your word for it; its possible my reading comprehension just sucks.

Juk3n

i think the problem is that atheists dont have their own church. theists usually have churches so its a designated place for them to congregate and exchange verbal fellatio. but atheists dont, so they have to bring up in every discussion everywhere that theyre atheists in the hopes that someone else in the crowd is like "WHAT YOURE AN ATHEIST? AH MAN, ME TOO! WE'RE SO MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE!" *chest bump* and everyone else is just like "... >__>"

agreed on that pal..

the sheep always out number the wolves.

Bicnarok

Mr. Rhythmic
After reading that article, I just have to post this one.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100413/twl-vatican-slammed-for-blaming-gay-prie-74199cf.html

What I'm trying to figure out is "Are these guys THIS stupid, or is this some kind of ploy?"

Liberator

Yeah but noticed how it's all the religious people keeping up the fight.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Liberator
Yeah but noticed how it's all the religious people keeping up the fight.

What fight? confused Atheism is stupid, there's no fight about that. stick out tongue

kevdude
Catholic Church just can't get it, its not that hard! Takes hundreds of years to stop doing this (or try to figure out what to do lol)?? laughing

Juk3n
The problem is, priests are traditionalists, thats just the nature of religion in general, they've got there own rules in there own book, and that book doesn't actually say you can't have bumsex with boys under 16. Nor does it say anything about a little filate.. behind the curtains.

Just sayin' if religion started having morals, then it wouldnt be religion anymore and priests would be accountable for there actions just like the rest of us..who'd want that? I learned everything i know from father patrick amen.

Shakyamunison
The problem is, priests are traditionalists, thats just the nature of religion in general, they've got there own rules in there own book, and that book doesn't actually say you can't have bumsex with boys under 16. Nor does it say anything about a little filate.. behind the curtains.

Just sayin' if religion started having morals, then it wouldnt be religion anymore and priests would be accountable for there actions just like the rest of us..who'd want that? I learned everything i know from father patrick amen.

You make it sound like every priest is doing this.

Liberator
What fight? confused Atheism is stupid, there's no fight about that. stick out tongue

That is entirely an opinion. And to be quite honest, other posts are right, I've never run into an Athiest who forced his/her beliefs down my throat or even used their beliefs to start any form of strife, or even brought it up unless religion was brought up.

Symmetric Chaos
You make it sound like every priest is doing this.

Duh, everybody know that Catholics are a totally monolithic entity with no disagreements between any two members. If one Catholic does something then all Catholics have done it. They're like the Borg.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Liberator
That is entirely an opinion. And to be quite honest, other posts are right, I've never run into an Athiest who forced his/her beliefs down my throat or even used their beliefs to start any form of strife, or even brought it up unless religion was brought up.

So, you have never had an atheist tell you that your religion is wrong?

And Symmetric Chaos there is only one thing I can say about your post:

*sticks finger horizontally between lips, and moves it up and down while making babbling sounds*

Robtard
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
After reading that article, I just have to post this one.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100413/twl-vatican-slammed-for-blaming-gay-prie-74199cf.html

What I'm trying to figure out is "Are these guys THIS stupid, or is this some kind of ploy?"

They're trying to blame-shift and distract: "No, we don't have a history of hiding the truth, paying people off, protecting known pedophiles and knowingly putting children in harms way, it's all the gays fault; they're to blame."

inimalist
There was an intereting take presented by an individual on an Al Jazeera program.

While the abuses are tragic, most come from decades ago, and when the first sort-of outrage at these acts came in the 80s-90s, massive reforms were undertaken to try and protect children (and priests at the same time). I don't know the specifics, but nobody challanged him when he said that the church had changed in serious ways.

The big question was: "why is the church reacting in this way?", especially given they could go: "no, look, we changed to address this". However, I think they are still trying to make the issue go away, get it out of the headlines. And besides, if we are talking about how ridiculous their excuses are, we aren't talking about how evil the church's actions were

One Free Man
i swear i didnt know he was three!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.