Michael Jackson vs Soulja Boy vs Lil Wayne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
I asked this in the celebrities forum, but maybe it would be better suited here.

Who's better? big grin

Kelly_Bean
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Funkadelic
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

...what?

Oh, and yes, FYI I'm aware that Michael Jackson is not a rapper.

Alpha Centauri
Don't pay any mind to Kelly telling you that you're dumb.

She likes terrible music for the most part and has no business handing out points.

She's right in though.

-AC

Hewhoknowsall

I'm confused.

NemeBro
The basic point is that Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne are everything that is wrong with mainstream rap and Michael Jackson is a legend and to compare them to him is so excruciatingly idiotic that I should have my eyes punctured with a pick-axe for posting in this thread.

Ms.Marvel
i think

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by NemeBro
The basic point is that Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne are everything that is wrong with mainstream rap and Michael Jackson is a legend and to compare them to him is so excruciatingly idiotic that I should have my eyes punctured with a pick-axe for posting in this thread.

I personally totally agree with you, I'm just trying to see what other people think.

But that first post seemed to be a response to another post, was it like deleted or something?

AsbestosFlaygon
In a freestyle battle, Lil Wayne murders these fools.

In terms of musical ingenuity, no one is better than Michael Jackson.
And I mean no one... not even God the Father.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

In terms of musical ingenuity, no one is better than Michael Jackson.
And I mean no one... not even God the Father.

1. Lil Wayne is a garbage MC. My mother could outrhyme Soulja Boy.

2. Calm down. Michael Jackson was a better songwriter than people know, but he isn't the most musically capable human to have ever lived. He didn't have any overwhelming proficiency on instruments, nor songwriting prowess comparable to many others.

-AC

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GF8AIcFkgM

Alpha Centauri
With all due respect, that's Eminem.

A lot of people would lose a freestyle battle to Eminem. A lot wouldn't, but a lot would. Almost every mainstream MC would lose to him.

-AC

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
With all due respect, that's Eminem.

A lot of people would lose a freestyle battle to Eminem. A lot wouldn't, but a lot would. Almost every mainstream MC would lose to him.

-AC

How Lil Wayne did in relation to Eminem is not the main point. The main point is Lil Wayne's own freestyle performance. It's a joke. I might even be able to freestyle faster than him (although I wouldn't bet on it). He pauses for like several seconds after each line and repeats the same thing over and over again.

Darth Martin
No Ceilings is apparently supposed have been freestyled. Don't know if it was or wasn't, but it was a good mixtape. Far better than what he's been putting out the last 4 years.

Wayne is garbage. His freestyle there is garbage. Soulja Boy is garbage.

Eminem was nasty though, and still is to some degree. Michael Jackson's cool and should never be compared to either of the these two lame artists here.

red g jacks
i actually like wayne... forget what any of you have to say about that... but he could never top mj. jackson is a legend. the man has been touching children's lives since the 80's.

red g jacks
AaSnGaSLidE

Darth Martin
Not sure what the Jadakiss track has to do with this particular thread.

The only compilations from Wayne I like are No Ceilings and Tha Carter II.

An album and a mixtape, for me, are on one side. His literally countless albums, mixtapes, music material, etc. are on the other.

To me, that's garbage.

red g jacks
that's cause you didn't press play

and dedication 2 is much better than no ceilings. the beats on no ceilings were played out before wayne even decided to rap over them. some decent rhymes on there, i wont lie, but far from his best mixtape if you ask me

also, you like carter 2 but not carter 1? personally i think the first carter is the closest he'll ever come to a classic. carter 2 is just like the rest of his career; hit or miss. basically i can find songs i like from just about any mixtape or album of his, and i can find a whole lot of songs by him that i don't like. i'm not going to stop listening to dedication 2 just cause he didn't come right on the drought is over pt 25.

Darth Martin
Some people like Tha Carter. I don't.

For me, No Ceilings>Dedication 2

I don't like every track on No Ceilings. But for most of the songs that were from other artists, he came harder than they did. Swag Surf is my favorite. The mixtape is 22 songs I believe. I like about 6-7 of them.

Although he does lay down some mean wordplay on the track "Cannon".

Darth Martin
Originally posted by red g jacks
that's cause you didn't press play Wayne's verse is garbage. He isn't even the best in his own label.

red g jacks
i disagree. its simple but effective, and sounds dope especially over that beat. think thats what i like about that song, its on some grimey LOX type beat and he still does his thing

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Some people like Tha Carter. I don't.

For me, No Ceilings>Dedication 2

I don't like every track on No Ceilings. But for most of the songs that were from other artists, he came harder than they did. Swag Surf is my favorite. The mixtape is 22 songs I believe. I like about 6-7 of them.

Although he does lay down some mean wordplay on the track "Cannon". well yea, thats why i enjoyed listening to no ceilings like once or twice. just to see someone actually put those commercial beats to work. swag surfin is prolly the only track i actually go back and listen to.

either way, im not a huge wayne fan or anything i just think he gets shitted on unfairly by internet fans who hate anything trendy or popular. you can't class him in the same group as soulja boy or those niggas that wrote swag surfin... he actually has pride in his craft and has a hell of a work ethic and i respect that. even if i dont really play most of those mixtapes.

Darth Martin
He puts out a shitload of music every year. Most of it is garbage.

If that's what you call work ethic......

I'd rather listen to someone who puts out one great album/mixtape: J.Cole, Kid Cudi, etc. than someone like Wayne who puts out around 10 mixtapes/albums a year and most if not all of it is trash.

He has some good stuff, sure, but I'm not going to go weed out of 100 tracks for 5 that I like.

red g jacks
he puts out a shitload of mixtapes, some of which are dope, most are mediocre... and some are straight garbage. you don't like any of his stuff besides one album and one mixtape that i think was pretty mediocre. clearly we're not in agreement as to how much of his music is garbage or even which of his music is garbage.

what i respect is that he is gunning for the throne. i don't think he's the best but i respect the fact that he's trying. i feel like he always tried his best to re define himself and that a lot of the time it doensn't work out too well, but once in a while he can strike gold. mixtapes are mostly promotion anyway and are meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

as for j cole, dude can put together a mixtape or two, but thats no real feat. tons of rappers can put out a decent mixtape. one thing that separates weezy from j cole is that wayne has a distinct style. there's really nothing in his style separating j cole from the thousands of other mediocre-to-dope mixtape emcees on the internet. i actually would like to see him do well but as of right now i dont think its the best comparison to make... since j cole has really yet to prove himself

guy222
I grew up a Prince fan, but Michael Jackson is clearly better than Soulja or Lil Wayne

Darth Martin
Originally posted by red g jacks
he puts out a shitload of mixtapes, some of which are dope, most are mediocre... and some are straight garbage. you don't like any of his stuff besides one album and one mixtape that i think was pretty mediocre. clearly we're not in agreement as to how much of his music is garbage or even which of his music is garbage.

what i respect is that he is gunning for the throne. i don't think he's the best but i respect the fact that he's trying. i feel like he always tried his best to re define himself and that a lot of the time it doensn't work out too well, but once in a while he can strike gold. mixtapes are mostly promotion anyway and are meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

as for j cole, dude can put together a mixtape or two, but thats no real feat. tons of rappers can put out a decent mixtape. one thing that separates weezy from j cole is that wayne has a distinct style. there's really nothing in his style separating j cole from the thousands of other mediocre-to-dope mixtape emcees on the internet. i actually would like to see him do well but as of right now i dont think its the best comparison to make... since j cole has really yet to prove himself

1.Your correct; we are not in agreement.......at all.
2.What throne? Best now or ever? It's impossible for him to be either.
3.The Warm Up>Wayne's career.

How has J. Cole yet to prove himself? The Come Up was solid and The Warm Up was out of the this world good. Quite possibly the best mixtape I have ever heard. His skills dwarf that of Wayne's. Wayne isn't even the best artist in his own label. When has Wayne put out anything that compares to The Warm Up or Kid Cudi's debut album?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.