Battle of the Twelve Houses: "Gold Saint Challenge"!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"

-K-M-
Cue the Bowling for Soup cover song.

Digi
Just out of curiosity, am I right in assuming that different character traits are needed to pass each temple, in additions to possibly a variety of powers?

I know nothing of any of these characters, but I hope someone bites.

Bentley
Are the Saints resistant to matter manipulation, mind-rape or magic?

I'm just looking for a cheap way to take them down!

Starscream M
Classic Juggernaut.

Bentley
Geminis bfr the heck out of Juggs.

Philosophía
Eradicator manifests the Phantom Zone projector and BFRs everybody.

ermm

What the hell is this?

psycho gundam
Saint Seiya characters.

and yes, they have twelve different power sets, for example that Aries guy specializes in simply BFR'ing his opponents. they're all pretty much psychic lightspeeders + other powers and there are TWELVE of them.

Philosophía
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Saint Seiya characters.Stopped reading.

And you should be ashamed of yourself for knowing that. Bentley too.

psycho gundam
we all should be at least a bit ashamed

kmc's like AA

"Id"
Originally posted by Digi
Just out of curiosity, am I right in assuming that different character traits are needed to pass each temple, in additions to possibly a variety of powers?

I know nothing of any of these characters, but I hope someone bites.
Yeah each Saint manipulates the same force (Cosmo Power) in a different manner. One trick ponies like Juggernaut will be hard pressed to win consecutive matches.
Originally posted by Bentley
Are the Saints resistant to matter manipulation, mind-rape or magic?

I'm just looking for a cheap way to take them down!
Gold Saints are masters of the 7th sense. It is precedent to master the first 5 human senses, and the 6th. In Saint Seiya, the 6th sense is considered to be the mind. So mastery over the mind is a perquisite to attain the 7th sense.

In short, all Gold Saints exhibit psi abilities. In terms of mental fortitude, that actually varies. For example Saga can see through mental warfare, where Shaka is outright immune to it, reversing mental attacks all together.

Gold Saints can manipulate matter through their cosmo power. The same cosmo power protects them from matter manipulation. It grants them a form of invulnerability.
Originally posted by Starscream M
Classic Juggernaut.
He does not get passed the first house. Its guarded by Mu who is the master matter transportation through space. Starlight Extinction would outright BFR Juggy, and possibly destroy him.

"Id"

Starscream M
so you're making a very one-sided challenge

why are they allowed to BFR if teleportation is not allowed.

you're stacking it so that the only people who can enter this challenge can't possibly win.

Starscream M
cyborg superman can take them.

"Id"

Starscream M
Originally posted by "Id"

Cyborg Supes first opponent is Aries of Mu. How does this go? Cyborg integrates himself into the sanctuary and takes control of the environment. then he beats aries after a fight, due to aries being unable to destroy cyborg.

"Id"
Cyborg integrates himself into the sanctuary and takes control of the environment. then he beats aries after a fight, due to aries being unable to destroy cyborg. He can integrate into a slap of stone?

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8559/saint050012.th.jpg

Starscream M
ok, Zoom beats them.

Naija boy
Hmm. have no diea about these characters at all. But ill go with Silver Surfer.

Omega Vision
Uh...Classic Captain Comet?

"Id"
ok, Zoom beats them. Zoom approaches the first temple guarded by Mu. How does he beat Mu?

Originally posted by Naija boy
Hmm. have no diea about these characters at all. But ill go with Silver Surfer.
Norrin approaches the first temple guarded by Mu. How does he beat Mu?

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Uh...Classic Captain Comet?

Captain Comet approaches the first temple guarded by Mu. How does he beat Mu?

Starscream M
Zoom approaches the first temple guarded by Mu. How does he beat Mu?

by altering time relative to himself so that he is faster than Mu and Mu would be helpless to touch him.

"Id"
Time, and Reality warpers can outright beat the Gold Saints. So yeah Zoom can cheap shot his way into victory. Problem is both time, and reality warping are banned.

Starscream M
Time, and Reality warpers can outright beat the Gold Saints. So yeah Zoom can cheap shot his way into victory. Problem is both time, and reality warping are banned. lol so you're banning the very means which can beat them?

so whats the point then?

"Id"
Its listed in my opening post under Restriction and Limitations. mhmm

Naija boy

Absorbs him into his board or blasts him very hard.

Omega Vision
Zoom approaches the first temple guarded by Mu. How does he beat Mu?

Captain Comet approaches the first temple guarded by Mu. How does he beat Mu?
I have no idea. I'm just throwing it out there. I really don't know anything about Saint Seiya (sp?)

Bentley
Without PIS Iceman can destroy gold armors making them go into absolute zero, he can inhabit moisture around the sanctuary. The Saints with the best psychic abilities (Shaka, Saga) could be a threat, but his natural defenses against Psychic powers may apply. Don't know how exactly they would register Bobby's cosmos in order to locate him but it shouldn't be an easy feat. We know for a fact that absolute zero is capable of bringing Gold Saints down.

"Id"
Bobby has reached absoulte zero?

"Id"

Naija boy

"Id"
Originally posted by Naija boy
Im not sure if teleporting out of norrin board is possible cuz ur body structure is changed and u are sort of fused with the board. Genis who iirc can open spatial apertures to go from one place to another couldnt get out of it. Also what exactly does that starlight extinction attack even do.
Genis-Vell as Legacy was a complete dong. Its was not his inability to escape the board, but his unwillingness act due to extreme tardism. Mu is the complete opposite, being a child prodigy well aware of the extant of his abilities. That, and his powers are internalized.

Besides fusing the Saints molecules are not so simple, considering a Saints armor (cloth) grants them invulnerability. (it goes back to my comment addressing matter manipulation).
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7659/600o.jpg

Starlight Extinction, does what is stated, and shown in those scans. Mu summons this blinding light, that absorbs everything in its path. Everything absorbed is destroyed. Considering it absorbed Iapetos dimension containing worlds, stars etc..and destroyed it. I am hard pressed to believe that if Norrin gets caught in, he will no survive.

Naija boy
Genis-Vell as Legacy was a complete dong. Its was not his inability to escape the board, but his unwillingness act due to extreme tardism. Mu is the complete opposite, being a child prodigy well aware of the extant of his abilities. That, and his powers are internalized.

Besides fusing the Saints molecules are not so simple, considering a Saints armor (cloth) grants them invulnerability. (it goes back to my comment addressing matter manipulation).
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7659/600o.jpg

Starlight Extinction, does what is stated, and shown in those scans. Mu summons this blinding light, that absorbs everything in its path. Everything absorbed is destroyed. Considering it absorbed Iapetos dimension containing worlds, stars etc..and destroyed it. I am hard pressed to believe that if Norrin gets caught in, he will no survive.

I doubt he would willingly allow himself to simply be absorbed innto the board and stay there if he could simply escape. Regardless of how stupid he was he wouldnt allow himself to remain in such an unfavorable situation if he could have escaped.

Furthermore, relative invulnerability/high durability is not proof of resistance to manipulation. Surfer fused ravenous to his board and he is also highly invulnerable. Then we also have cases of him affecting wonderman, Lunatik, Skaar,thing etc. who have relative levels of invulnerability as well. Surfer is a the premier herald matter/energy manipulator in marvel and simply being durable doesnt cut it.

Also, not to use wiki as and end all be all source but i checked wiki to get a quick background on the .starlight extinction move and it was described as more of a teleportation move. If thats accurate then im confident that surfer can resist it without too much trouble. Even if it isnt, simply assimilating/absorbing an energy and matter manipulator of surfers calibur is certainly not an easy task, so im still pretty confident that surfer can resist it and still have alot left.

"Id"

Naija boy

"Id"

Endless Mike
This is just bait for the people who are ignorant of Saint Seiya. You would need a skyfather or higher to pass this challenge.

Naija boy

"Id"
Originally posted by Endless Mike
This is just bait for the people who are ignorant of Saint Seiya. You would need a skyfather or higher to pass this challenge.

Hush You!uhuh

jalek moye
so basically you made this just to say no one in the allowed grouping of characters can win?

"Id"
Originally posted by jalek moye
so basically you made this just to say no one in the allowed grouping of characters can win?

I can think of a few characters that can clear the challenge.

Endless Mike
Wally at his best might do it

"Id"
The Saints are susceptible to speed theft, I cant imagine how they could counter it. The only problem I see, is the fact that the Saints are blazing fast themselves. Likewise Flash are suitable to slick, and broken abilties.

Endless Mike
I was thinking that he could stack the speed he steals from each of them as he goes into the next fight

"Id"

Endless Mike
Yeah, he has done so in the past. He can also steal speed from a distance

Bentley
Yep, it seems Wally for the easy win then. Good game.

psycho gundam
against psychics that move at light speed + other crazy powers...don't be so confident.

"Id"

Starscream M
Lets not forget that connecting Starlight Extinction would be the end of Wally. lets not forget that IMP would be the end of Mu

"Id"
lets not forget that IMP would be the end of Mu

Whats an IMP?

Starscream M
Whats an IMP? infinite mass punch

Flash can also vibrate holes in Mu

"Id"
infinite mass punch

Flash can also vibrate holes in Mu

Oh yeah the Saints toss Infinite Mass punches as well. Not really worried about his vibration feat. Mu would just blitz, and teleport Spam to set up a trap, or land his hits.

Endless Mike
Wally has outraced teleporters before

"Id"
Wally is speed is not intimidating. Wally needs to build momentum to attain c, while Mu intercepts lightspeedsters at c with little effort.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/e263/andromeda13/SSEG/Volume%2003/Chapter%2010/193.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/e263/andromeda13/SSEG/Volume%2003/Chapter%2010/194.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/e263/andromeda13/SSEG/Volume%2003/Chapter%2010/195.jpg

Starscream M
Wally is speed is not intimidating. Wally needs to build momentum to attain c, while Mu intercepts lightspeedsters at c with little effort.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/e263/andromeda13/SSEG/Volume%2003/Chapter%2010/193.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/e263/andromeda13/SSEG/Volume%2003/Chapter%2010/194.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/e263/andromeda13/SSEG/Volume%2003/Chapter%2010/195.jpg that doesn't show him to be faster than wally.

"Id"

Blair Wind
Legion of Superhero's old foe Nemesis - develops any one power necessary to defeat you.

"Id"
Leo lectures Seiya in their speed.
2bIHStrtW4o

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Legion of Superhero's old foe Nemesis - develops any one power necessary to defeat you.
sad

Hellspawn28
King of Hell Arc Spawn could do it maybe? Or he is above the limit?

Bentley
Speed steal + Uber healing + uber reflexes make Wally take it, the only thing standing between him would be Mu and he can do next to nothing against Speed steal.

"Id"
coffee1
With Mu superior speed, and reflexes. He can just as easily paralyze Wally with his psionic abilities.

Bentley
Speed stealing will make Mu slower while making Wally way faster, even if Mu was any faster -he isn't-, he would lose any edge inmediately.

Also with those vaunted reflexes, didn't Aioria attacked Sheena when she tried to defend Seiya when those two first met? If he had those reflexes he could've simply outreacted Sheena, stopped his own attack and move onto Seiya for the easy kill. I don't think Mu has speed feats over Aioria.

"Id"
Speed stealing will make Mu slower while making Wally way faster, even if Mu was any faster -he isn't-, he would lose any edge inmediately.

Mu is a bonafied Gold Saint, who can relay on his FTL reaction, light speed movement, and agility. Flash will fail to execute a speed steal on Mu, because Wally lacks the raw speed to beat Mu to the gun.

Going instantly at light speed, in a Mexican Showdown, Mu will immobilize Wally, and execute him for trespassing before Wally realizes whats going on.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/e263/andromeda13/SSEG/Volume%2003/Chapter%2010/195.jpg

Also with those vaunted reflexes, didn't Aioria attacked Sheena when she tried to defend Seiya when those two first met? If he had those reflexes he could've simply outreacted Sheena, stopped his own attack and move onto Seiya for the easy kill. I don't think Mu has speed feats over Aioria.

Seems like Leo was soo focused on Seiya, he did not realize Shaina was already there when he attacked. Saint Seiya is plagued with PIS, no different to Flash's own comics. Why do you think Mu doesn't have speed feats over Leo? The scans I am posting, are from Mu vs Leo encounter. confused

Bentley
You mean a younger less experienced Aioria? Being held by telekinesis while underestimating Mu -Mu teleporting-? I'm even suprised you say my argument is PISy and then you bring this kind of example.

Also, why does people keep slowing Wally down to argue against him as if he was using his top speed in every comic? I may as well ask you to show me scans of Mu reacting to an actual faster than light attack.

Endless Mike
You know Wally has shown the ability to steal speed from a distance before

"Id"
Saints Can attack from a tremendous distance.
rKSYHhyenFM

Starscream M
Saints Can attack from a tremendous distance.
rKSYHhyenFM thats anime. thats not canon. no expression

galactusischere
Saient Seiya characters are level.

"Id"

Endless Mike

Wei Phoenix
Boring thread when there's only like 3 people in that fit under the entire stated rules and restrictions. This is like me making a challenge with Kenshiro but you can only choose street levelers and they can't bring any weapons.

"Id"
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Then post the manga scan.
I checked the scans, they changed that bit around. Camus creates seaquake, to sink the wrecked ship.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Boring thread when there's only like 3 people in that fit under the entire stated rules and restrictions. This is like me making a challenge with Kenshiro but you can only choose street levelers and they can't bring any weapons.
Well name those 3 characters.

You mean a younger less experienced Aioria? Being held by telekinesis while underestimating Mu -Mu teleporting-? I'm even suprised you say my argument is PISy and then you bring this kind of example.

Also, why does people keep slowing Wally down to argue against him as if he was using his top speed in every comic? I may as well ask you to show me scans of Mu reacting to an actual faster than light attack.
Mu, and Leo are of the same age, and experience. Your bit on PIS makes no sense.

Why are you arguing as if Wally actually starts off at his top speed, when he is consistently shown the need to build up, and maintain light speed movements?

Bentley
Even if he has to gain momentum -he has showing going to top speeds instantly-, he can just start running before entering the house of Aries and sh*tstomp Mu at full speed.

"Id"
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/schecter-sama/newryo6.gif

Bentley
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/schecter-sama/newryo6.gif

You're saying he doesn't get to walk and speed up while walking to the Aries house. Flash's top speed is fairly above C, Mu just doesn't have the feats to stop him if he's running already.

(The only way he had a slim fightning chance is if both had to quick draw at the same time)

"Id"
You're saying he doesn't get to walk and speed up while walking to the Aries house. Flash's top speed is fairly above C, Mu just doesn't have the feats to stop him if he's running already.

(The only way he had a slim fightning chance is if both had to quick draw at the same time)
What is Flash Top speed, and how much distance was needed to attain said speed?

Bentley

"Id"
A saint who realizes or grasps his 7th sense raises his speed to a new standard. That new standard is the speed of light. Yet a Gold Saint is not limited to light speed, utilizing the maximum capacity they exceed the speed of light.
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5928/010430.th.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5928/010430.jpg

Why would a Gold Saint be bothered by Flash speed?

Bentley
Well, first you have to prove that Mu has faster-than-speed-of-light feats because I just proved that Flash already tops it, handily. Then it would be cool to know how much faster they are, because that can be pretty much anything. Flash was shown to be more than 1000 times the speed of light in that showing. Any thing less than that = saints are toast.

EVEN if you think some of them can compete, Flash can steal speed and become even more untouchable as he avances through the houses, so Mu has to be the one who tops Wally, they rest may have no chance.

So well, prove me wrong if you can. Challenge cleared?

"Id"

Blair Wind

Galan007
However, Wally does not need to run or accerlate to achieve speed results. thumb up Here's additional proof of that:
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9438/ninjasp.jpg

"I kicked into hyperspeed automatically!"

"Id"

Bentley
Won't help a bit if he is put down before he can react. Easily done with Flash's superior speed.

Also, maybe I misread the scans you posted but it seemed that the character going faster than light was Aioria. A feat actually done by Mu would be better.

(I don't think anyone argues about Flash being overall superior to the saints, just the fact he clears this challenge as its stated by the rules)

"Id"
Won't help a bit if he is put down before he can react. Easily done with Flash's superior speed.

Also, maybe I misread the scans you posted but it seemed that the character going faster than light was Aioria. A feat actually done by Mu would be better.

*ignores

(I don't think anyone argues about Flash being overall superior to the saints, just the fact he clears this challenge as its stated by the rules)
Flash is going to have to be superior, if he wants to make past the first house protected by Mu. You cant clear the challenge, if you cant make it passed Mu now can you?

"Id"

Bentley
Mu fighting at C is fine and dandy, I already explained that Wally will be moving more than 1000 times faster than that, you haven't shown any proof that puts Mu in those reaction times -actually, in your scan of the Ares saga he seems troubled by the speed of the butterflies while using his light-speed attack, he acts as if it was his fastest.

Again, if Mu can't react, what is he going to do? erm

"Id"

Bentley
Sure, it could be hyperbole. Just say this with me:

"If it's not, Mu loses"

Go ahead, its a short sentence.

...Now seriously, Mu cannot mount a crystal wall if he cannot react to his opponent, this is what we call speedblitz is an easy concept, if you can't accept its part of the fight then you have no business making a fight with above-c speed characters.

"Id"

I'm thinking he can shift into time stop, say the formula, all while stealing speed to become even faster. Then he just runs right through the houses.
If he attempts a 12 house blitz, he would be ultimately stopped by either Shaka or Saga. Upon entering the Gemini or Virgo house, they would have him running in circles, and left for easy pickings.

Bentley
If he attempts a 12 house blitz, he would be ultimately stopped by either Shaka or Saga. Upon entering the Gemini or Virgo house, they would have him running in circles, and left for easy pickings.

They can't react, not even Shaka with the 8th sense.

"Id"
Sure, it could be hyperbole. Just say this with me:

"If it's not, Mu loses"

Go ahead, its a short sentence.

...Now seriously, Mu cannot mount a crystal wall if he cannot react to his opponent, this is what we call speedblitz is an easy concept, if you can't accept its part of the fight then you have no business making a fight with above-c speed characters.

*ignores cycle of redundancy

"Id"
They can't react, not even Shaka with the 8th sense.
It has nothing to do with the 8th sense, the house is spellbound by the Saints illusion. Unless Flash has a way to dispel it, he will remain spellbound running in circles.

Bentley
No one can argue with your superior debating skills, good game, you win.

Blair Wind
Leach. He does not affect just mutants.

Reflecto from LSH. All powers directed at him (including Psi powers) bounce off him and hit the original attackers.

Martian Manhunter. Phased the entire time, since all his mass is shifted to another dimension.

Aquarian. Nulls all energy/powers.

"Id"
Leach. He does not affect just mutants.

Reflecto from LSH. All powers directed at him (including Psi powers) bounce off him and hit the original attackers.

Martian Manhunter. Phased the entire time, since all his mass is shifted to another dimension.

Aquarian. Nulls all energy/powers.

http://i41.tinypic.com/nqtu6h.jpg
You know leach is not surviving the first nano second of this match. I don’t know much about Aquarian, or Reflecto. But I doubt Mu would be troubled by Martians phasing ability.

"Id"
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6674/flashseiyahx1.jpg

Found this image. embarrasment

galactusischere
Saint Seiya characters are sky-father level. No herald can defeat them.

Bentley
Originally posted by galactusischere
Saint Seiya characters are sky-father level. No herald can defeat them.

I would put them on trascendant level tops, and not all of them.

Id here though just doesn't want them to loss, its like discussing with Quan.

Endless Mike
I would put them on trascendant level tops, and not all of them.

Id here though just doesn't want them to loss, its like discussing with Quan.

Well if you include the gods and titans, they can reach up to Cube Being or low Abstract level.

Bentley
I was referring only to this thread, gods should be higher.

Bentley
Just got some scans of Flash jumping through dimensions, it seems that the Geminis house wouldn't hold him:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt240/ScarletSpeed/flash_v2_158-15.jpg

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt240/ScarletSpeed/flash_v2_158-16.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.