Nidoking vs Tyranitar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yung_link
http://pokemondb.net/images/artwork/nidoking.png

vs

http://pokemonelite2000.com/dex248.gif

Neither knows the move Earthquake & Nidoking is 5 lvl's higher than Tyranitar(to make it an even match-up). Who'd win in a battle?

ScreamPaste
Tyranitar rapestomps no expression

He's much more powerful than Nidoking. Semi-legendary status.

MooCowofJustice
Tyranitar wins, but Nidoking is much cooler.

yung_link
really? wow that was a quick deduction...i was thinkin that but nidoking can learn Earth Power, which could b very helpful despite tyranitar's defense...i havent chosen a side yet though...

BloodRain
Will those five levels help?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Will those five levels help? Nah. Levels are basicly a gameplay mechanic way of determing where Pokemon sits in terms of potential power. A more experienced nidoking will not beat a Tyranitar. Even with type advantage, unless the Tyranitar is a noob, and the Nidoking is godly.

yung_link
awesrgmaybe....

yung_link
nidoking can also learn Double Kick, which is 4x as strong against Tyranitar

ScreamPaste
That's true, but while Nidoking is a building buster, Tyranitar is.. Well.. A map.. Changer. When Tyranitar is pissed off, causes so much destruction that the landscape is rearranged completely.

Nidoking, while awesome, and pretty godamn strong, (capable of smashing metal towers in single swigns of it's tail, and breaking the spines of other pokemon, as well as piercing diamond with it's horn), he's just not on Tyranitar's level.

BloodRain
Nido uses Superpower and then prays.

Or Horn attack to Tyranitars eyes << >>

yung_link
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That's true, but while Nidoking is a building buster, Tyranitar is.. Well.. A map.. Changer. When Tyranitar is pissed off, causes so much destruction that the landscape is rearranged completely.

Nidoking, while awesome, and pretty godamn strong, (capable of smashing metal towers in single swigns of it's tail, and breaking the spines of other pokemon, as well as piercing diamond with it's horn), he's just not on Tyranitar's level.

I totally get your point, but Tyranitar is a little on the slow side, compared 2 nidoking @ least...

MooCowofJustice
Nidoking isn't really much faster. The level of power isn't comparable. Tyranitar flattens mountains and buries rivers. Nidoking is much better with Physical attacks anyway, and Earth Power is specially based.

yung_link
i understand tyranitar can level a mountain and all that, but if he can only get one attack in, which isnt earthquake, he'll probably fall flat like the mountain. btw nido's sp. atk might not b as high as his atk, but its up there...

CosmicComet
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4104/4332671020a.jpg

yung_link
get that outta here!

Ridley_Prime
haermm

Heythere,Honey
Yung Link is back! big grin

Tyranitar anyway. Terrain rearranging earthquakes FTW.

Ms.Marvel
since when do pokemon kill each other? no expression

i remember reading in an article once that the creator of Pokemon specifically disallows pokemon to kill each other, because it contradicts his reason for creating them in the first place, or something along those lines.

BloodRain
Not Pidgeot,(?) they kill and eat Magikarp. Besides for food, yeah that's right... unless you're Mewtwo >.>

Heythere,Honey
Several Powkeymawn have come close to killing each other, but never really do it. -___-

MooCowofJustice
He just doesn't want it to happen, so he sees to it that no Pokemon kill each other in all Pokemon merchandise. Doesn't mean it can't happen.

GrieverSquall
Really hard to tell but... Yeah, Tyranitar seems stronger.

yung_link
so despite the super effectives & slightly higher speed, u guys still think nido doesnt stand a chance cuz Tyranitar is almost considered legendary? c'mon i'm gonna need some better proof than that...

BloodRain

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Several Powkeymawn have come close to killing each other, but never really do it. -___-

Didn't Ash's Charizard kill Ritchie's Charizard in the manga or something?

yung_link

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
since when do pokemon kill each other? no expression
Pokemon don't normally kill each other, but they damn well are capable of.

And Pokemon deaths are quite normal, even in the anime really.

Ash died in the first movie (damn American censorship! Ash turning into stone was retarded).

Lucario and Latios died in their respective movies too.

Ms.Marvel
i think the entire concept of pokemon is pretty funny.

what with them being slaves and all.

BloodRain
After hit avalanche; physical, 120 damage x2 = more then anything Nidokings got.

yung_link
After hit avalanche; physical, 120 damage x2 = more then anything Nidokings got.

Double Kick; physical, 60 damage x4 = no more tyranitar.

BloodRain

Ms.Marvel
NERDS.

though it is my fault for wondering in here >____>

BloodRain
no expression this is why i shouldn't be allowed pkmn. But this could work

yung_link

MooCowofJustice
Pokemon aren't slaves. Don't know how many times I'll have to say that. erm

Nidoking is still outmatched. Earth Power is a specially based move, and it only has X2 super effective bonus. Tyranitar's Stats are better in pretty much every way. His HP is very important in the equation of defense. And really, all Tyranitar needs is one move.

5 Levels isn't enough of a difference in power. Go for a level 100 Nidoking and a level 80 Tyranitar, and maybe.

BloodRain
Still less then what Avalanche can dish out.

MooCowofJustice
Tyranitar is getting hit first, so he could feasibly use Payback which will result in a 125 or 150 base power move. I don't know if STAB on those applies before or after the increased power from the damage.

BloodRain
Pretty sure its after. ''a level 100 Nidoking and a level 80 Tyranitar'' would have a better chance.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Pokemon aren't slaves. Don't know how many times I'll have to say that. erm

... yeah they are. ermm

theyre slaves. pokemon just follows wierd logic where because theyre captured and encased in a ball several times smaller then their body, they magically become loyal. doesnt change the fact that getting them means finding them in the wild, and literally beating the shit out of them so badly that they dont have enough energy to fight back, then giving them a silly nickname and training them to beat the shit out of other animals and enslave other wild animals.

MooCowofJustice
Edit: Pikachu doesn't resent Ash.

Paul's Pokemon don't even do that in the anime, and hes supposed to treat them like shit.

Had my ******* button on. My bad.

CosmicComet
Ash and every other trainer is almost as bad as Michael Vick.

Mewtwo was in the right trying to take over the world from these enslavers.

I only have respect for pure poke-breeders (and healers like Nurse Joy). As long as their aren't 'poke-kennels' or anything like that.

Knamsayn?

Ms.Marvel
did you know that many slaves back in the trade slave days, genuinely loved their masters?

yung_link

CosmicComet
^Stockholm syndrome. Knamsayn?

MooCowofJustice
Slaves didn't gain as much as Pokemon do, though.

Pokemon are also pretty much free to go whenever they want. Ash has been letting his go free for years and people give him shit about it.

CosmicComet

Pokemon are also pretty much free to go whenever they want. Ash has been letting his go free for years and people give him shit about it.

If he's letting them go, they aren't free to go whenever they want. Masters freed their slaves too at their own discretion. That's still slavery.

And just like a slaver to give another slaver shit for letting slave(s) go. That's lost property right there, of course they'd call him foolish. Knamsayn?

yung_link

i agree, if a pokemon really wanted 2 leave, it could. and there wouldnt b s*** u could do bout it either.(this applies greatly 2 legendaries who could kill u if they didnt like u) yea u could put it bak in the pokeball but what use is that when it'll just run away the next time u let it out.

Ms.Marvel
i dont know. charizard genuinely had pretty much zero respect for ash, but he never left, and the pokeball always recaptured him regardless.

BloodRain

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by CosmicComet
If he's letting them go, they aren't free to go whenever they want. Masters freed their slaves too at their own discretion. That's still slavery.

And just like a slaver to give another slaver shit for letting slave(s) go. That's lost property right there, of course they'd call him foolish. Knamsayn?

All they have to do is display a desire to leave, and Ash lets them go. It isn't at his discretion at all.

Trainers do not view Pokemon as property. They are partners or friends. Except for pricks like Silver in the games.

i dont know. charizard genuinely had pretty much zero respect for ash, but he never left, and the pokeball always recaptured him regardless.

As a Charmander, Ash saved its life. It still cared about him, it just didn't think Ash was skilled enough to help him in battle at all. Either that or it was too lazy to leave.

yung_link

BloodRain
((Attack statx Attack power)/Defence stat) * Weakness/resistance or STAB* from Serebii.net.

Damn, again...

yung_link
so your formula is like mine, only in reverse or something...well y r we getting 2 different answers?

BloodRain
Think its 'cause you did + an - instead of x and /? Both ways Tyranitars still on top.

Not to mention all the choice breeding, can be pretty controversial.

yung_link
Think its 'cause you did + an - instead of x and /? Both ways Tyranitars still on top.

Not to mention all the choice breeding, can be pretty controversial.

nope, i still think ty gets pwned in 1 turn against brick break...

BloodRain
Game stats = Tyranitar. Other descriptions (Dex, anime, etc) = Tyranitar again.

yung_link
Game stats = Tyranitar. Other descriptions (Dex, anime, etc) = Tyranitar again.

i would simulate a battle between the 2 on XD but they're on 2 different memory cards

edit: dont no y i quoted u...just a habit i guess...

Cyner
did you know that many slaves back in the trade slave days, genuinely loved their masters?

And in a lot of cases vice versa...

But CC is just trolling anyway. So it doesn't matter.

yung_link

BloodRain

yung_link
whats wrong with the stats above...ty has an obvious advantage...dont want him 2 lose?
super13
either way tho Brick Break means the end 4 ty...300 damage + nido's 100+ atk - ty's def = 1 hit KO

BloodRain
Bulbapedia is a reliable source, or Serebii.net. Especially when compared to some persons altered EV and IV pokemon from an unknown source no expression Use base stats.

You times and divide not plus and minus. And Avalanche, 417...

yung_link
Bulbapedia is a reliable source, or Serebii.net. Especially when compared to some persons altered EV and IV pokemon from an unknown source no expression Use base stats.

You times and divide not plus and minus. And Avalanche, 417...

Alrite i'll use these base stats, assuming they're both @ Lv.50

Lv.50 Tyranitar(no such thing btw)
HP:100
Atk:134
Def:110
Sp.Atk:95
Sp.Def:100
Speed:61

Lv.50 Nidoking
HP:81
Atk:92
Def:77
Sp.Atk:85
Sp.Def:75
Speed:85

is that better?

yung_link

MooCowofJustice
I'm not sure why I used stats in this thread. no expression

I spent a couple posts in another thread saying they were just part of the gameplay.

yung_link
well i incorporated lvl's in2 this thread so stats were bound 2 appear...

MooCowofJustice
Good point. This presents the possibility that it was not my fault. thumb up

yung_link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHr_IcTGjr0

yung_link
dammit! the vid didnt pop up...could any1 tell me how 2 post a vid? im on a wii so it may present a problem, just tell me what u do when u want 2 post a vid if u will, i'd appreciate it!

BloodRain
1. Those arnt Lv 50 stats
2. My formula is to show the attack power to compare attacks only, it doesnt show the damage inflicted. Actual damage calcs show that its still standing. Not that its needed as we're not making them fight by perfect game rules eg not turn based, more sentient skills. That sentiant part allows these pokemon to act different eg dodge, counter etc

yung_link
1. Those arnt Lv 50 stats
2. My formula is to show the attack power to compare attacks only, it doesnt show the damage inflicted. Actual damage calcs show that its still standing. Not that its needed as we're not making them fight by perfect game rules eg not turn based, more sentient skills. That sentiant part allows these pokemon to act different eg dodge, counter etc

oops thought it said lv.50, thought it was kinda weird 4 them 2 b that weak @ lv.50. well those r base stats, not lv.50 stats, sorry 2 any1 i confusedembarrasment if their not attacking turn-based then its an even greater stomp in nido's favor. he's faster than ty & only needs a few hits 2 win...

ScreamPaste
Flattening a mountain > Flattening a building. (Their respective levels of destruction from the pokedex) While Nidoking could potentially scratch Tyranitar with it's horn, Tyranitar could cause Nidoking to explode with it's fist. no expression Don't see how this is fair.

CosmicComet
Flattening a mountain > Flattening a building. (Their respective levels of destruction from the pokedex) While Nidoking could potentially scratch Tyranitar with it's horn, Tyranitar could cause Nidoking to explode with it's fist. no expression Don't see how this is fair.

...How seriously are these pokedex statements to be believed? Because that's insane for Tyrannitar.

ScreamPaste
...How seriously are these pokedex statements to be believed? Because that's insane for Tyrannitar. Very seriously, it's the encyclopedia on pokemon. When Tyranitar gets angry, maps need to be redrawn. blink

Heythere,Honey
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Didn't Ash's Charizard kill Ritchie's Charizard in the manga or something?
Almost did. Plus, that manga is one of the most non canon ones. smokin'

yung_link
Very seriously, it's the encyclopedia on pokemon. When Tyranitar gets angry, maps need to be redrawn. blink

tell the truth, can u really even imagine a mountain being flattened? no i didnt think so...now u can visualize nidoking demolishing a building, thats possible, but no mountain destroying is gonna happen...dont get me wrong, tyranitar could destroy a forest with his Hyper Beam, but he's not as strong as the pokedex makes him out 2 b, they just exaggerate its power 2 make it seem like its a big deal 2 hav a tyranitar

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by yung_link
tell the truth, can u really even imagine a mountain being flattened? no i didnt think so...now u can visualize nidoking demolishing a building, thats possible, but no mountain destroying is gonna happen...dont get me wrong, tyranitar could destroy a forest with his Hyper Beam, but he's not as strong as the pokedex makes him out 2 b, they just exaggerate its power 2 make it seem like its a big deal 2 hav a tyranitar The truth: The pokedex is canon. no expression Therefore, Tyranitar can indeed flatten mountains, that's what it does. How strong the pokedex makes him out ot be is how strong he is. It's an encyclopedia.

Sin_Volvagia
What's all this ridiculous math and stat crap? Tyranitar destroys Nidoking even if we're not accepting Pokedex info.

yung_link
just cuz its an encyclopedia doesnt mean it cant exaggerate, has it ever been proved that tyranitar can topple a mountain? no, its not been seen in the manga or the anime, its just been speculated by the professors who study them due 2 their immense strength. i mean could regigigas really tie ropes 2 the continent & move them? well y can he b defeated by regular pokemon, same with ty, y is it if he can flatten mountains he cant stand up 2 a single Brick Break from nido?

Nephthys
The pokedex is Professor Oaks opinion. Opinion does not equal fact.

ScreamPaste
just cuz its an encyclopedia doesnt mean it cant exaggerate, has it ever been proved that tyranitar can topple a mountain? no, its not been seen in the manga or the anime, its just been speculated by the professors who study them due 2 their immense strength. i mean could regigigas really tie ropes 2 the continent & move them? well y can he b defeated by regular pokemon, same with ty, y is it if he can flatten mountains he cant stand up 2 a single Brick Break from nido? Gameplay mechanics aren't an argument. Originally posted by Nephthys
The pokedex is Professor Oaks opinion. Opinion does not equal fact. No, it's the encyclopedia on pokemon. It's fact. Canon fact.

yung_link
i thought canon meant something that was actually SEEN...hmm

Nephthys
Right, an encyclopedia created by Prof. Oak. Using his scientific opinions. Which are still opinions.

CosmicComet
Yeah, I don't accept this pokedex business. Maybe a Tyrannitar can flatten a mountain given a 100,000 years or something.

ScreamPaste
There's no choice in the matter really. no expression It's canon.

CosmicComet
It's canon in that its stated in the game, nothing more.

It's a dubious description, with to my knowledge, zero visual support that could even hint at such a level. Now if it said Groudon could do that, maybe I'd believe it.

ScreamPaste
The games are full of crap like that. A Gyarados created a lake by causing a massive lake-size crater just be thrashing. Groudon can move continents and shit, Tyranitar can certainly destroy mountains.

yung_link
The games are full of crap like that. A Gyarados created a lake by causing a massive lake-size crater just be thrashing. Groudon can move continents and shit, Tyranitar can certainly destroy mountains.

he can destroy mountains...big deal, he cant stand up 2 a Brick Break from nido so it doesnt matter...& if we're gonna start reading pages outta the pokedex, nido could finish ty off with a Megahorn; his horn can pierce diamonds, so im sure it could pierce the hide of a tyranitar.

CosmicComet
The games are full of crap like that.

I agree. wink

ScreamPaste
he can destroy mountains...big deal, he cant stand up 2 a Brick Break from nido so it doesnt matter...& if we're gonna start reading pages outta the pokedex, nido could finish ty off with a Megahorn; his horn can pierce diamonds, so im sure it could pierce the hide of a tyranitar. Actually, you're missing the point, a brick break from Nidoking won't do shit. Also, at best the horn will scratch Tyranitar.

I agree. wink
Full of pokemon doing insanely destructive things.

yung_link
Actually, you're missing the point, a brick break from Nidoking won't do shit. Also, at best the horn will scratch Tyranitar

1. where in the pokedex does it say his hide is tougher than diamonds? nowhere...meaning nido could tear right thru ty's flesh & leave him with a deadly poison

2. just read up & i found ty can only rearrange maps with his Earthquake, which he doesnt hav...

3. since when does x4 damage = shit?

ScreamPaste
Go read the pokedex entry that tells you that Tyranitar can survive nearly any attack no expression

CosmicComet
Pokemon don't kill each other anyway.

yung_link
Go read the pokedex entry that tells you that Tyranitar can survive nearly any attack no expression

keyword: nearly

ScreamPaste
Actually, I added that word.
"Gold Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack, so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies. "
"Silver Extremely strong, it can change the landscape. It has an insolent nature that makes it not care about others. "
"Crystal In just one of its mighty hands, it has the power to make the ground shake and mountains crumble. "

Three pokedex entries there all say it wins.

CosmicComet
So Godzillatar wins yes?

ScreamPaste
Yes.

yung_link

ScreamPaste
See how Nidoking topples towers, and Tyranitar crushes mountains? Tyranitar wins.

MadMel

MooCowofJustice
Actually it's horn piercing diamond was pretty impressive. I dunno if that's enough for it to beat Tyranitar.

yung_link
See how Nidoking topples towers, and Tyranitar crushes mountains? Tyranitar wins.

mountains dont hit back...cool

CosmicComet
CAN'T BE TOUCHED. CAN'T BE STOPPPPED. CAN'T MOVVVED CAN'T BE ROOOCKED. CAN'T BE SHOOK... WE HOT. WHEN WILL YOU NIDOKINGS LEARN?!

ScreamPaste
Actually it's horn piercing diamond was pretty impressive. I dunno if that's enough for it to beat Tyranitar. You'd need something sturdier than diamond to crush a mountain without destroying itself. stick out tongue

MooCowofJustice
So what if we add Nidoking's Rivalry ability into the mix?

*sees an opening*

Maybe, just maybe, it'll be enough. :O

ScreamPaste
Enough to wound Tyranitar at most, imho.

MooCowofJustice
I dunno. I'm kinda leaning towards a 50/50 match up on this now. Rivalry plus that Horn is pretty good.

yung_link
You'd need something sturdier than diamond to crush a mountain without destroying itself. stick out tongue

but he's not crushing a mountain, he's crushing a slow ass tyranitar! im sure one jab of nido's horn would send ty 2 the pokemon ER in a stretcher. in that case Brick Break might cause brain damage, or blunt force trama...laughing

ScreamPaste
I dunno. I'm kinda leaning towards a 50/50 match up on this now. Rivalry plus that Horn is pretty good. Nah, Nidoking's rivalry will just make it try harder, it's still not powerful enough to be a threat. Originally posted by yung_link
but he's not crushing a mountain, he's crushing a slow ass tyranitar! im sure one jab of nido's horn would send ty 2 the pokemon ER in a stretcher. in that case Brick Break might cause brain damage, or blunt force trama...laughing Wut? Tyranitar smashes mountains. Nidoking is chanceless.

CosmicComet
but he's not crushing a mountain, he's crushing a slow ass tyranitar! im sure one jab of nido's horn would send ty 2 the pokemon ER in a stretcher. in that case Brick Break might cause brain damage, or blunt force trama...laughing

Scream is saying; that if Tyranitar can crush a mountain, he would have to be more durable than a diamond to do so.

MooCowofJustice
If I recall it adds to his attack power by 50%. Could be as much as 350 after that, I believe.

ScreamPaste
If I recall it adds to his attack power by 50%. Could be as much as 350 after that, I believe. Stats.

In reality Rivalry would more likely amount to Nidoking trying extremely hard against other males. A nidoking giving it's all against a tyranitar is still chanceless, imho. It might damage Tyranitar slightly with it's horn, but Tyranitar can totally crush a Nidoking.

yung_link
Scream is saying; that if Tyranitar can crush a mountain, he would have to be more durable than a diamond to do so.

pokedex says his hide is rock-hard, not diamond-hard. he's no steelix. he's probably just harder than the mountain, thats most likely what makes him so durable & able 2 crush em'. mountains tho, r not harder than diamonds...

ScreamPaste
"Platinum If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward. "

CosmicComet
pokedex says his hide is rock-hard, not diamond-hard. he's no steelix. he's probably just harder than the mountain, thats most likely what makes him so durable & able 2 crush em'. mountains tho, r not harder than diamonds...

Not saying otherwise, just interpreting on Scream's behalf.

I'm neutral here.

yung_link
"Platinum If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward. "

enough with the damn pokedex entries! if any1 wants 2 c em' they go on bulbapedia, besides its annoying 2 hav 2 counter your entry with 1 of my own; im on a wii, no copy & paste, i actually hav 2 write this stuff down...sad

Heythere,Honey
Tyranitar wins damnit! Why can't you people see the light?!

yung_link
Tyranitar wins damnit! Why can't you people see the light?!

the only reason u guys think ty wins is cause he's a pseudo-legendary pokemon & cause that damn dex says he can crush a mountain. nido wins this, regardless of what ty can do, weaknesses still apply; Brick Break

BloodRain
Thats stats. And even the stats say Tyranitar wins.

yung_link
go back & read the page where i actually did the math, ty lost...in 1 turn...

BloodRain
>__> you did the maths based off the calcs to determine what attack is better. You have to do the full calc to see if he lives after the hit. And yeah, Ty does.

But thats only stats.

yung_link
>__> you did the maths based off the calcs to determine what attack is better. You have to do the full calc to see if he lives after the hit. And yeah, Ty does.

But thats only stats.

alrite...i'll stop bringin stats in2 this, dont need em' anymore...nidoking horn drill ftw

yung_link
yay nido!hw00t
http://local-static4.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0011/3339/recoloredNidoking.png

Heythere,Honey
Now that I think of it, Tyranitar's EQ won't be of much use if they fought in a field or something.

ScreamPaste
Now that I think of it, Tyranitar's EQ won't be of much use if they fought in a field or something. Doesn't need to use EQ. Pokedex says just one of his hands has the power to crush a mountain. erm Nido is scr00'd.

Heythere,Honey
Dragonite is still better. >_<

yung_link
Doesn't need to use EQ. Pokedex says just one of his hands has the power to crush a mountain. erm Nido is scr00'd.

Horn Drill...end of conversation...

ScreamPaste
Horn Drill...end of conversation... Not really, no. The end was "Tyranitar wins" no expression

Heythere,Honey
Horn Drill's low accuracy will prolly screw up. Tyranitar 7.5/10 no expression

ScreamPaste
Horn Drill's low accuracy will prolly screw up. Tyranitar 7.5/10 no expression Horn Drill only has a 5% chance of hitting a pokemon 5 levels lower. Yeah.

Also, I'm ready to call OHKO's gameplay mechanics. =|

yung_link
Not really, no. The end was "Tyranitar wins" no expression

even big ol' tyranitar is not above succumbing 2 a one-hit KO, one hit & that mountain crusher just becomes a useless pile of flesh...or whatever he's made out of...

Heythere,Honey
Horn Drill only has a 5% chance of hitting a pokemon 5 levels lower. Yeah.

Does it do that now? Mmkay, Tyranitar wins 9.9/10

yung_link
Horn Drill only has a 5% chance of hitting a pokemon 5 levels lower. Yeah.

Not just a gameplay mechanic, it has been shown in the manga 2 KO an enemy in a single hit, so its canon. Also it has a 30% chance of hitting normally, u add 1% 4 each extra lvl the foe is below the pokemon(or something like that) making it 35%. higher than a 1/3 chance of hitting & besides, ty's slow ass couldnt dodge it anyway...laughing

ScreamPaste
Not just a gameplay mechanic, it has been shown in the manga 2 KO an enemy in a single hit, so its canon. Also it has a 30% chance of hitting normally, u add 1% 4 each extra lvl the foe is below the pokemon(or something like that) making it 35%. higher than a 1/3 chance of hitting & besides, ty's slow ass couldnt dodge it anyway...laughing Show me a horndrill working on say... Groudon? Hm? No. OHKO's are gameplay mechanics. I've seen flamethrower OHKO plenty of enemies, but it's not going to instantly kill everything.

Nidoking tries to Horndrill Tyranitar, gets swatted, dies.

yung_link
Show me a horndrill working on say... Groudon? Hm? No. OHKO's are gameplay mechanics. I've seen flamethrower OHKO plenty of enemies, but it's not going to instantly kill everything.

Nidoking tries to Horndrill Tyranitar, gets swatted, dies.

but he's not a groudon, & besides its been shown 2 work on everything so far, so canon. too heavy, nidoking dodges & goes in 4 a finishing blow.

ScreamPaste
facepalm

You're missing the point, you're using a no-limit fallacy. no expression Tyranitar is much more powerful than Nidoking, and as a result, wins. End of.

yung_link
facepalm

You're missing the point, you're using a no-limit fallacy. no expression Tyranitar is much more powerful than Nidoking, and as a result, wins. End of.

what exactly do u mean by "no limit fallacy"?

ScreamPaste
You're assuming because Horndrill can KO some things in one hit, it will KO anything in one hit, this is a logical fallacy.

yung_link
You're assuming because Horndrill can KO some things in one hit, it will KO anything in one hit, this is a logical fallacy.

ty is a lower level, horn drill works on lower level enemies, its shown in the manga & anime, and his horn can pierce diamonds. where's the unlogical part again?

edit: my point is, that if he can pierce diamonds, his horn will b able 2 pierce tyranitar flesh, meaning a OHKO

BloodRain
Wait you agree with the dex that King can pierce diamonds but disagree on Tys the mountain part?

yung_link
he can destroy mountains...big deal, he cant stand up 2 a Brick Break from nido so it doesnt matter...& if we're gonna start reading pages outta the pokedex, nido could finish ty off with a Megahorn; his horn can pierce diamonds, so im sure it could pierce the hide of a tyranitar.

@Bloodrain
I already agreed on the fact that ty could crush mountains, as u can c in my post...

BloodRain
So a hit from that power wont take out Nidoking?

yung_link
nido is lighter, so he's much quicker. in the time it takes ty 2 lift up 1 of those heavy arms, nido would already KO'd him with his multitude of highly effective moves; Earth Power, Megahorn, Brick Break, & most easily Horn Drill.

Sin_Volvagia
Tyranitar destroys Nidoking. Using gameplay, it has attack power on par with Dragonite and above Machamp. Tyranitar takes it out with Earthquake.

If we're going by Pokedex, Tyranitar causes greater destruction.

As for the anime, I've only heard that it was pretty powerful in Pokemon battles though I stopped watching it a long time ago. As for Nidoking, I haven't seen anything impressive from it.

LLLLLink
Tyranitar goes underground to move continents, then Nidoking uses Fissure, killing all of the Larvitar and Pupitar nearby as well.
/thread

yung_link
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Tyranitar destroys Nidoking. Using gameplay, it has attack power on par with Dragonite and above Machamp. Tyranitar takes it out with Earthquake.

If we're going by Pokedex, Tyranitar causes greater destruction.

As for the anime, I've only heard that it was pretty powerful in Pokemon battles though I stopped watching it a long time ago. As for Nidoking, I haven't seen anything impressive from it.

read the first post. no earthquake allowed. this is easily a win 4 nido. much faster + horn pierces diamonds = OHKO. it doesnt matter how strong u r, if u get impaled by that long ass horn u will b finished...

BloodRain
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Tyranitar goes underground to move continents, then Nidoking uses Fissure, killing all of the Larvitar and Pupitar nearby as well.
/thread

Sin_Volvagia
read the first post. no earthquake allowed. this is easily a win 4 nido. much faster + horn pierces diamonds = OHKO. it doesnt matter how strong u r, if u get impaled by that long ass horn u will b finished...

Well then Nidoking wins with Earth Power and Mega Horn.

ares834
read the first post. no earthquake allowed. Tyranitar doesn't need it. Aqua tail, Ice Fang, Dig, Ice beam... all of these can finish of the King.

Not at all.

Tyranitar's "body can't be harmed by any sort of attack". Nidoking's horn is useless.

Nidoking can't pierce the Tyranitar, and Tyranitar has enough strength in one hand to crumble mountains... Nidoking is ****ed.

Ms.Marvel
OOC how do people figure that these pokemon even know any of these moves?

i mean what are the odds that a wild earth type pokemon could inherently know such a contradictory move as ice beam. no expression

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>