what will happen to these guys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
a large 18 wheeler truck is on the highway going at 130 MPH!

these guys are standing 1 mile ahead directly in the way and facing were the truck is coming
they have to stand up straight and no bracing

1.a normal human
2. bane
3. blade
4. captain ameirca with shield
5. spiderman
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep
7. luke cage
8. Colossus
9. Thor

tkitna
Cage, Colossus, and Thor live while the rest die terribly

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

these guys are standing 1 mile ahead directly in the way and facing were the truck is coming

1.a normal human
2. bane
3. blade
5. spiderman
7. luke cage
8. Colossus
9. Thor
1: They flatten like a pancake.Or a waffle.Thats also pretty flat...right?

2: I don't know

3: He puts his hands out and it pushes him a little but he stops it then goes on to smash it into submission.

4: Puts the shield in front of him and sustains no damage what-so-ever

5: He jumps out of the way and/or stops it like bane does.

6: Throws an explosive and stays still while the truck slides then stops 1 ft. in frony of him.

7: Stands there and the truck crashes.He comes out and there is a body imprint of him in the front of the truck.

8: Same as Cage

9: He throws his hammer and it stops before it starts.

JakeTheBank
5 seconds prep for Batman? That truck gets its azz beat.

Q99
Realistically:

1.a normal human- splatter
2. bane- not much better
3. blade- again not much better
4. captain ameirca with shield- does 'no bracing' include no blocking with the shield? If he takes it full on, he doesn't do much better. If he uses the shield, he'll live
5. spiderman- live but badly wounded
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep- belt explosives, blow himself out of the way.
7. luke cage- hurt but not badly
8. Colossus- fine
9. Thor- also fine

We are talking many tons at high speed. If someone even vaguely human gets hit, they die. Not that in practice it'd work that way in comics, so upgrade Bane, Capt, etc. to 'hurt but lives' in a comics context.

r0nm0n88
the shield cant protect cap. the shield will take no damge, but cap behing it will still be flattened and severely hurt, probably killed.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
5 seconds prep for Batman? That truck gets its azz beat.
It doesn't even take 1 second to draw back his right leg. wink

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It doesn't even take 1 second to draw back his right leg. wink I don't know... huh.The suit is pretty tight and he couldn't move leg that fast.

Ambient

1.a normal human - road meat
2. bane - dead meat
3. blade - dead... or is he..
4. captain ameirca with shield - see bane
5. spiderman - injured
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep - bat stare - truck ceases to exist
7. luke cage - injured
8. Colossus - is sent flying a few feet then smiles
9. Thor - truck is sent flying a few feet then Thor smiles

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Ambient
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep - bat stare - truck ceases to exist
laughing out loud

KingD19
1.a normal human - Dead
2. bane - I AM BA- (he's dead)
3. blade - Dead
4. captain ameirca with shield - If he holds his shield up, he'll be popped backwards, if not, he dies
5. spiderman - Severely injured, or dies
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep - Bat-Kick
7. luke cage - He gets knocked back, but he's fine
8. Colossus - The truck wraps around him, he's okay
9. Thor - Same as Colossus

BlackZero30x

1.a normal human
2. bane
3. blade
5. spiderman
7. luke cage
8. Colossus
9. Thor

shouldn't the shield absorb the impact...i mean is it laced with vibrainium?

KingD19
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
shouldn't the shield absorb the impact...i mean is it laced with vibrainium?

It's mixed with vibranium, adamantium, and some unknown metal. It's got the durability of vibranium/adamantium, plus the kinetic absorption abilities of vibranium.

Endless Mike
Batman uses his prep to move out of the way

Mshinu
130 MPH is about four times the speed of a good striker`s punch.. if the truck weighs 50 tons it will hit eight times as hard as say Colossus` fist.

1. normal human : splat
2. bane : splat
3. blade : splat
4. captain ameirca with shield : survives the impact but still gets run over, ker-splat
5. spiderman : dies
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep : Since he must stand there, a batarang to the steering wheel sends the truck off the road.
7. luke cage : bounces off, lives
8. Colossus : the truck is scrap
9. Thor : se Colossus

SamZED
1.a normal human - turned into pudding
2. bane - Either dies or in a coma. Most likely dies.
3. blade - same as Bane
4. captain ameirca with shield - Same as Blade.
5. spiderman - injured but is alive.
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep - builds a time machine, goes back in time and kicks the driver's ass so he wont be able to drive a truck ever again.
7. luke cage - hurt.
8. Colossus - fine
9. Thor - same as Colossus.

Warlord
those who say thor will be as colosus after the crush are wrong.
Colosus hair won't need washing afterwards

Mshinu
Bah! Thor`s hair has the power of perpetual shinyness. Besides, Vikings bathe only once a week, saturday which means bath day in norse.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by SamZED

6. batman with 5 seconds of prep - builds a time machine, goes back in time and kicks the driver's ass so he wont be able to drive a truck ever laughing laughing

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by KingD19
It's mixed with vibranium, adamantium, and some unknown metal. It's got the durability of vibranium/adamantium, plus the kinetic absorption abilities of vibranium.

thats my point vibranium absorbs impact and such so shouldn't merly holding the sheild up absorb the impact?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
thats my point vibranium absorbs impact and such so shouldn't merly holding the sheild up absorb the impact? it would absorb impact but not 100% of it. because its not Pure Vibranium.

WickedDynamite

1.a normal human
2. bane
3. blade
5. spiderman
7. luke cage
8. Colossus
9. Thor

1. dies
2. badly injured
3. badly injured
4. shield survives
5. tells his typical lame jokes and WHAM!
6. Beeps Barry and avoids getting hit.
7. dies
8. Don't know...Piotr can pretty stupid sometimes. He most likely won't transform and think he can take it.
9. Poor truck.

Thor and Colossus won't even budge, Cage will get bruised up. Everyone else will be a smudge in the road and you're all making way too much out of the vibranium in the shield.

amnesia
Originally posted by 753
Thor and Colossus won't even budge, Cage will get bruised up. Everyone else will be a smudge in the road and you're all making way too much out of the vibranium in the shield.

Well, cap's shield took a hit from king Thor nicely :P (except that dent, don't bash the captains shield disgust

Originally posted by amnesia
Well, cap's shield took a hit from king Thor nicely :P (except that dent, don't bash the captains shield disgust

Oh the shield will survive of course, CA won't.

KingD19
Originally posted by 753

Actually, Cage won't get hurt either, he's taken hits from Hiroim, Hulk, Absorbing Man, etc..... He'll get knocked back, but he'll be unharmed.

jinio
people dont know crap about half those characters so let me inlight you

1.a normal human - splattered

2. bane - killed

3. blade - knocked back but nothing more since he has super human durability and a healing factor

4. captain ameirca with shield - with the shield nothing happens to him, without the shield he will just get injured the guy took shots from super human charatcers his entire life he wont die from a freakin truck

5. spiderman - injured very badly almost dead his durability is very low he might even die he is not as durable as even blade, spider-man broke his arms by falling and by getting hit by a car he might get killed

6. batman with 5 seconds of prep - use his prep to step away

7. luke cage - nothing happens to him
8. Colossus - the truck is all smashed
9. Thor - truck smashed

they cant step away, CA gets run over with the shield just the same

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
they cant step away, CA gets run over with the shield just the same If cap can put the shield in front of him IMO he would take no damage(unless the truck bent around his sheild and crushed him).

Lord Feron
1.a normal human -WTF do you think?
2. bane - Killed
3. blade - Hit but still breathing
4. captain ameirca with shield - If he is using the sheild as protection, he will bounce back a lil but nothing else.
5. spiderman - Gets hurt bad
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep - If prep allows him mess with the on coming vehicle he is ok if anything else he dies.
7. luke cage - is hurt
8. Colossus - Might notice it
9. Thor - brushes the debris from his hair.

CA is not strong enough to stop the truck and the kinetic energy absorption properties of vibranium don't really stop things like that cold. The truck is too big, he'll get run over and crushed by it, shield or no shield.

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
CA is not strong enough to stop the truck and the kinetic energy absorption properties of vibranium don't really stop things like that cold. The truck is too big, he'll get run over and crushed by it, shield or no shield. Hasn't he stopped Hulk's punch?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by 753
CA is not strong enough to stop the truck and the kinetic energy absorption properties of vibranium don't really stop things like that cold. The truck is too big, he'll get run over and crushed by it, shield or no shield.

The shield is special, it has blocked shit is much worse than a truck. It can absorb alot and at worse captain might bounce back and roll on a floor a bit but that's a worse case scenario.

Originally posted by Mindset
Hasn't he stopped Hulk's punch?

Unlike the truck, Hulk's fist is small enough to fit the frame of the shield. I personally don't think he should be able to stop a punch packing the equivalent energy of a truck moving at 130mph, assuming hulk was punching at least that hard. Given his previous history of feats and strengh, a punch like that should blow him away or shove him in the ground. I know it's because of the vibranium in the shield that absorbs the energy so he doesn't have to tank it directly, but even then, it seems far fetched.

Originally posted by Lord Feron
The shield is special, it has blocked shit is much worse than a truck. It can absorb alot and at worse captain might bounce back and roll on a floor a bit but that's a worse case scenario.

maybe we could get h1a8 to do some math on this. But while I'm not questioning the shields durability, if it absorbed all energy directed against it, it wouldn't move. I dont know about him just bouncing and rolling back either, I think the truck would press against the shield push it back against CA and run him over.

Colossus-Big C
how exactly can characters like colossus and thor get hit by a car or something and not even budge or anything. do there bodies negate momentum?
logically no matter how strong your are you should get knocked down

Lord Feron
I'm juts gonna run with you rthoery for now but you think Cap can live if he got run over by a truck? I mean getting hit by one is one thing and getting run over is another. I have a feeling getting run over aint half as bad meaning he should still live.

Lord Feron
how exactly can characters like colossus and thor get hit by a car or something and not even budge or anything. do there bodies negate momentum?

but it's comics dude! big grin

jalek moye

because it looks cool

Mindship

1. a normal human becomes a residual smear of bloody paste.
2. bane dies, but his body might stay in one piece.
3. blade dies: his body does stay in one piece.
4. captain ameirca with shield dies; possibly he could get cut in two by his own shield.
5. spiderman - see blade
6. batman with 5 seconds of prep - dodges (OP never said let yourself get hit batman).
7. luke cage - not familiar with him.
8. Colossus - takes it, though I'm not really familiar with him either. Is he stunned by the blow? Not sure.
9. Thor - takes it. Since no bracing is allowed, he will get flung (as will the others), but for him, this will be more of a stinging annoyance than a lethal blow.

I'm juts gonna run with you rthoery for now but you think Cap can live if he got run over by a truck? I mean getting hit by one is one thing and getting run over is another. I have a feeling getting run over aint half as bad meaning he should still live.

If the wheels pass over you, I think it might be even worse. If he got hit straight up the damage would be very bad too. Do you remmebr a scene in chuck's bride where a guy freaks out and steps out of the van, then a speeding truck hits and desintegrates him? I think that would actually be reasonable for the impact of a 40 ton truck moving at 200km/h like this thread. Without some serious HF or invulnerabilty I don't think anyone can survive that, or at the very least they won't be pretty afterwards if they live.

Originally posted by jalek moye
because it looks cool

Damn straight, real man dont budge when hit by trucks or flinch when walking away from explosions.

But it really is completely far fetched, writers just don't understand intuitive concepts of atriction or inertia. Those same people can get tossed arround by judo flips.

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
Unlike the truck, Hulk's fist is small enough to fit the frame of the shield. I personally don't think he should be able to stop a punch packing the equivalent energy of a truck moving at 130mph, assuming hulk was punching at least that hard. Given his previous history of feats and strengh, a punch like that should blow him away or shove him in the ground. I know it's because of the vibranium in the shield that absorbs the energy so he doesn't have to tank it directly, but even then, it seems far fetched. Hulk's hand being smaller doesn't really matter, he'd be able to generate more force than the truck, anyway.

Not to be rude, but everything else you said is irrelevant.

Hulk's hand being smaller doesn't really matter, he'd be able to generate more force than the truck, anyway.

Not to be rude, but everything else you said is irrelevant.

No offense taken, I simply disagree.

I doubt hulk put that much force into that punch then (even though he obviopusly can exceed it by far). If the shield could absorb all manner of force, kinetic energy and impact, CA would be the juggernaut with it. He'd be able to withstand and push through anything regardless of his own strengh to back it.

And the truck being bigger means that even if it just deforms arround the shield, it will still hit the rest of CA's body, unlees he is crawling into a ball behind it.

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
No offense taken, I simply disagree.

I doubt hulk put that much force into that punch then (even though he obviopusly can exceed it by far). If the shield could absorb all manner of force, kinetic energy and impact, CA would be the juggernaut with it. He'd be able to withstand and push through anything regardless of his own strengh to back it.

And the truck being bigger means that even if it just deforms arround the shield, it will still hit the rest of CA's body, unlees he is crawling into a ball behind it.

Why do you doubt it?

No, he'd be like Sebastian Shaw, seeing as even vibranium has its limits. Being able to absorb kinetic energy doesn't give him super strength, I'm not sure how he'd be able to push through anything. Unless you mean something else.

The shield is curved, the pieces would probably fly outward away from his body.

r0nm0n88
Why do you doubt it?

No, he'd be like Sebastian Shaw, seeing as even vibranium has its limits. Being able to absorb kinetic energy doesn't give him super strength, I'm not sure how he'd be able to push through anything. Unless you mean something else.

so you believe cap would be fine?
when the truck hits his shield does the truck stop?
if the truck doesnt stop what happens to cap behind the shield, does he just move backwards along with the moving truck, or does he go underneath?

if the truck stops after it hits him, which would be almost impossible for a truck that size to immediately stop, but if it does immediately stop then the shield may absorb the impact. i wont get into that debate since it will turn into real world logic vs comic logic.

but if the truck doesnt stop, cap is will most likely be pushed underneath where he will be killed.

Blanket
The shield puts the truck in reverse, and it backs away.

Why do you doubt it?

Because of action and reaction. If he absorbs all kinds of force, the reaction force objects make against it would be nullified and he'd be able to push them forward. But let's ignore this, cause it will get complicated when dealing with comic books loose physics.

Let's just say he is like shaw and not jugs. If CA gets in a defensive position with the shield and the hulk pushes, not punches just pushes, the shield and CA back with his hands does he move? If the hulk can push CA back, then the shield can't nullify all force directed at it and, in the case of the truck, its huge mass would simply keep pushing CA back very fast, he'd drop and get run over.

In another way to look at it, picture CA laying on the ground with the shield on his chest, the hulk jumps or punches down on it. Does CA get hurt? Or does the shield absorb/eliminate the force made against him? Because if CA can hold his ground with the hulk pushing him, it's not because of his physical stats holding the shield, it's all the shield's doing, so he should walk out of this situation too.

If the shield can take all that force and keep CA still and intact behind it in the above scenarios, then CA can stop the truck with it (assuming debris dont hit his legs).

Originally posted by r0nm0n88
so you believe cap would be fine?
when the truck hits his shield does the truck stop?

but if the truck doesnt stop, cap is will most likely be pushed underneath where he will be killed.

thumb up that's how I think it would go down.

KingD19
Cap could take a punch from Hulk, because the surface area of his fist is smaller than the shield, so if he braced himself, he could stop it. On the other hand, him just standing there, he'd either get launched backwards, or demolished underneath.

Mshinu
I see Cap stopping the truck while being pushed back, if bracing was allowed. Since it is not he will be run over and become captain pancake.

BlackZero30x
i think Captain America would be fine.....his shield would keep the truck from hurting him and since I imagine that cap is standing directly in front of the truck as it comes.....he falls backwards but remains to lay their with the shield over his face just in case any jagged parts are hanging down.....seriously he wouldn't need to brace because the shield would probably absorb most of the impact that he might get a small scrape on his back but that's it......

Mshinu
Spidey knows he can`t survive this

http://www.comics101.com/comics101//news/Comics%20101/145/truck2.jpg

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Mshinu
Spidey knows he can`t survive this

http://www.comics101.com/comics101//news/Comics%20101/145/truck2.jpg

did spider man just jump on water?

Black bolt z
did spider man just jump on water? Of course he did.You didn't know he could do that.sneer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.