How do you Picture Shiatan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
so we have heard how some ppl picture YHVH and Immanuel

5A0-u85aAYg

my question is: how do you picture Shiatan aka: The Adversary, Alias: Satan also known as The Devil.

pls try to use your own words and not quote entire passages of the bible but, if you must go ahead..

You can also use any of your prominent evil adversaries of whatever religion or myth you know or believe in. it does not have to be a judeo based religion.

Lord Lucien
Isn't it Shaitan?

Autokrat
I managed to find a picture while searching ancient texts.

http://i41.tinypic.com/oqeqna.jpg

Lord Lucien
No, that's Muhammad.

Wild Shadow
here is a good pic..

http://www.jonie.snn.gr/images/bedazzled4.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Double lulz at the hotlinking protection.

I happen to like the "sharp dressed man" visual for a supreme evil.

Mindship
http://www.mediacircus.net/bedazzled____12.jpg

Juk3n
You know i have a nice story (theory) about the man downstairs.

God Creates us to be his slaves, he imprisons our souls in mortal bodies that decay and rot from the moment they are born, but he imprints his instructions on our very minds. And they say if we live a life of servitude, call him our master, embrace him as our father and lord then when our bodies finally die, he shall let our souls into paradise. In the meantime however we get put through our paces, love/loss/heartbreak/doubt/anger/confusion...and in this, a merciful being born of fire in gods kingdom called the 'Morning Star' (for he brings with him enlightenment - ive always thought it was a good reason for the name) see's this injustice, sees us born into slavery not given a choice, and so speaks up, speaks to Eve, tells her she has freewill, tells her it is Her life to live, and she can live it however she likes.

Humans wake up and freewill is born, God looses alot of slaves and a lot of respect, so he has but one option. Cast out the Morning Star, snatch the light away from man and plunge us back into the unknowing darkness of doubt..and maybe, just maybe with enough influence or..or..a book of commands -THE WORD OF GOD - he can convince the ENTIRE WORLD OF MEN that Lucifer - the bringer of light - is evil and thus, he has his worship again.

makes about as much sense as anything else you find in the bible, and i happen to like my version alot. People with power want 1 thing..More Power.

Satan is the royal knight who couldnt stand to serve a corrupt king and so freed his slaves from the dungeons, and tried to bring about an uprising, but he coul only convince a few, far too few to win the war, and thus slavery and small mindedness and religion - men of sheep and lemmings - was the result.

Robtard
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
my question is: how do you picture Shiatan aka: The Adversary, Alias: Satan also known as The Devil.

I'd link a picture, but it would be against forum policy. But look up "Goatse Man". That.

Mindship

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Double lulz at the hotlinking protection.

I happen to like the "sharp dressed man" visual for a supreme evil.

anyways it was suppose to be a picture of Elizabeth Hurly in bedazzled promotional poster holding a snake and looking sexy..

http://www.sineport.com/wallpaper/diger/bedazzled.jpg

sooooo.... i usually like the cool aloft looking business dressed man with the evil smile and piercing eyes. but, i dont think his demeanor is actually evil and serious but more of a laid back crack some wise type of guy..

kinda like the Devil from Reapers:

UL2kG9GXU_8

by the way i also like the song sympathy for the devil song.

eUubk2oMAxo

lil bitchiness
I'm not really sure, but mindship, that is one creepy picture.

Personally, I don't think we need to imagine hideous creatures. We're quite capable of all evil imaginable. Shaitan hasn't got anything on humans in terms of torture, maliciousness, injustice and evil-doing.

red joker
see shiatan every day when i wake up and look in the mirror to put my contacts in. face it we all do evil things at times and he is the root of it. he is in me you and everyone else. it comes down to you if you let him win or you let yourself win. fight evil everyday and we just blame others for it not right at all. once you good on the inside. you good everywhere else What the f**k?

Mindship
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Personally, I don't think we need to imagine hideous creatures. We're quite capable of all evil imaginable. Shaitan hasn't got anything on humans in terms of torture, maliciousness, injustice and evil-doing. IIRC, in Interview with the Vampire, Lestat says to Louis something similar, something like, "It's no wonder mortals don't believe in us: you don't need to -- look what you do to yourselves."

Shakyamunison
so we have heard how some ppl picture YHVH and Immanuel

5A0-u85aAYg

pls try to use your own words and not quote entire passages of the bible but, if you must go ahead..

You can also use any of your prominent evil adversaries of whatever religion or myth you know or believe in. it does not have to be a judeo based religion.

Satan is the personification of the negative aspect of human nature.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Mindship
http://www.mediacircus.net/bedazzled____12.jpg laughing out loud laughing

Though there isn't a Satan as a person, but you can see satan which means advasary in the faces of man.

Not women though. We are sweet little things. lol

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Satan is the personification of the negative aspect of human nature. why does it have to be the b negative aspect of human nature, why cant it be the positive aspect of human nature?

Shakyamunison
why does it have to be the b negative aspect of human nature, why cant it be the positive aspect of human nature?

I didn't make it up. Satan is just mythological being.

Wild Shadow
to me the devil has always bn the guy who says "no" who refuses to stand down no matter what.. the devil with the ultimate cause.

he is our ego and pride in oneself who knows whats right for him and wont back down..

to me he is the ultimate rock star and warrior with black wings.. old school leather and armor.. a 300 spartan mixed with a lil lestat.

a tragic hero who knows his faults but is also righteously angry and wants his justice a true badass in full sense of the word
yHkY-yYkw2g

Shakyamunison
I like the ten worlds in Buddhism better then the god vs satan in Christianity. It gives you more to work with.

Wild Shadow
that has almost nothing to do with the thread unless i am missing something here.. i might as well say i prefer the seven deadly sins doesnt really add much unless i am trying to give them each a human characteristic and what they represent..

so care to enlighten me?

Shakyamunison
that has almost nothing to do with the thread unless i am missing something here.. i might as well say i prefer the seven deadly sins doesnt really add much unless i am trying to give them each a human characteristic and what they represent..

so care to enlighten me?

God vs Satan is a mythological expression of human nature. That is what you were getting at in your last post (at least that is what it appeared to me). The ten worlds is another expression of human nature, but it's not mythological. The problem with the god vs satan is perfectly illustrated by your post. You (or pop culture) attributed almost anything you wanted to satan. This does very little in the way of helping a person get through life. Sure it might be helpful in some cases like war, but when you are trying to get along with people at work, it falls far sort. The ten worlds has all of the aspects you listed for satan, plus the ones for god, and more. It also shows the relationship between these emotions, and gives concrete solution that work in every day life. Enlightened yet?

I was really just telling you that I think the icon of satan is stupid, and falls short of anything really usable with the exception of a few extreme circumstances.

Mairuzu
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lAVHOFnzJp0/SEdiYjEU06I/AAAAAAAAArQ/2nRubUqMsTw/s400/lucifer-rising.jpg

Wild Shadow
is that norman obsorn on the sh#@#er?

anyways at shaky i just wanted ppl to anthropomorphize whatever it was about the adversary and his attributes. i was just tired and bitter last night and decided to question ur post.

Mairuzu
God not only took away his beauty but also gave him a receding hairline

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mairuzu
God not only took away his beauty but also gave him a receding hairline was that specifically stated in the bible? i really cant remember any reference to his actual punishment in the quran and i know it wasnt mention in the Torah about his fall or anything other then him being a servant of god... unless i completely missed something from the new testament or an old manuscript outside the bible like the book of enoch.

also aren't angels in their physical form shapeless or something?

i bn giving the devil a human form if he took on a human form but what would he look like in his true form?

would he still look like the morning star or would he be something more hideous with some form of a malleable body?

i mean we know angels arent human so why would they look like bone and meat like the rest of us?

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/reviews/endblu1b.jpg

Shakyamunison
is that norman obsorn on the sh#@#er?

anyways at shaky i just wanted ppl to anthropomorphize whatever it was about the adversary and his attributes. i was just tired and bitter last night and decided to question ur post.

That ok, I was board, and no one was on the form. big grin

Mairuzu
I was being facetious but honestly, i dont think they even have forms. They're probably of spirit.

Shakyamunison
I was being facetious but honestly, i dont think they even have forms. They're probably of spirit.

What is a spirit?

Mairuzu
All the energy flowing within our bodies.

Shakyamunison
All the energy flowing within our bodies.

What kind of energy? Does it have mass? It is effected by gravity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy

It seems that you can't have energy without a partial of some kind.

Mairuzu
Unfortunately I'm not too sure, I was born with limited knowledge just as everyone else. Everything we've come to know is just what we've been told by the people of the past. If god is real, i believe the soul to be just as real.

Its obvious you're just looking to prove someone wrong. It's fun isnt it? stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Unfortunately I'm not too sure, I was born with limited knowledge just as everyone else. Everything we've come to know is just what we've been told by the people of the past. If god is real, i believe the soul to be just as real.

Its obvious you're just looking to prove someone wrong. It's fun isnt it? stick out tongue

Proving something wrong is the only thing we can do. Speaking of wrong, your assertion that all we know is what people have told us, doesn't take into account experimentation. There are people who believe in Santa Clause, unicorns, and space aliens. They are all loosely based on some belief, and maybe even some truth, but belief is not good enough to convince someone else.

Mairuzu
Indeed. I'lll still continue to spread the word in case I'm right, you know, just like we send radio signals for aliens just in case.

Shakyamunison
Indeed. I'lll still continue to spread the word in case I'm right, you know, just like we send radio signals for aliens just in case.

We search for radio waves from possible aliens; we don't intentionally broadcast signals to possible aliens.

Mairuzu
How are you so sure? wink

Shakyamunison
How are you so sure? wink

http://www.seti.org/Page.aspx?pid=1366

Mairuzu
Lazy.

Shakyamunison
Lazy.

Always. stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
how do you guys picture his voice?

8uTThzrBYwg&NR=1

Quiero Mota
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/janedoehasamnesia/funny-66.jpg

Shakyamunison
Quiero Mota That was was one those "I wish I had not clicked on it" things. sick

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by Juk3n

God Creates us to be his slaves, he imprisons our souls in mortal bodies that decay and rot from the moment they are born, but he imprints his instructions on our very minds. And they say if we live a life of servitude, call him our master, embrace him as our father and lord then when our bodies finally die, he shall let our souls into paradise. In the meantime however we get put through our paces, love/loss/heartbreak/doubt/anger/confusion...and in this, a merciful being born of fire in gods kingdom called the 'Morning Star' (for he brings with him enlightenment - ive always thought it was a good reason for the name) see's this injustice, sees us born into slavery not given a choice, and so speaks up, speaks to Eve, tells her she has freewill, tells her it is Her life to live, and she can live it however she likes.

Humans wake up and freewill is born, God looses alot of slaves and a lot of respect, so he has but one option. Cast out the Morning Star, snatch the light away from man and plunge us back into the unknowing darkness of doubt..and maybe, just maybe with enough influence or..or..a book of commands -THE WORD OF GOD - he can convince the ENTIRE WORLD OF MEN that Lucifer - the bringer of light - is evil and thus, he has his worship again.

makes about as much sense as anything else you find in the bible, and i happen to like my version alot. People with power want 1 thing..More Power.

Satan is the royal knight who couldnt stand to serve a corrupt king and so freed his slaves from the dungeons, and tried to bring about an uprising, but he coul only convince a few, far too few to win the war, and thus slavery and small mindedness and religion - men of sheep and lemmings - was the result. Bullshit dude.

Wild Shadow
http://www.cardealers.ltd.uk/img/Used%20Cars.jpg

Juk3n
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
Bullshit dude.

How do you know it's bullshit. FFS, i could be fcuking Lucifer for all you know.. Well couldn't i? Do you think Lucifer is powerful enough to work a PC? lol. If you're religious then you can't really claim bullshit on any particular point can you? I mean honestly, one explaination is pretty much the same as the next in the "lack of evidence" sense.

And compared to the stories in the Bibles..what about MY story sounds more farfetched?

Exactly.

Wild Shadow
Gabriel didnt know how to work DOS or drive and was surprised about the radio..

wtPTPECrkI8&feature=related

Juk3n
Thats cos God likes his servents ignorant.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Juk3n

Satan is the royal knight who couldnt stand to serve a corrupt king and so freed his slaves from the dungeons, and tried to bring about an uprising, but he coul only convince a few, far too few to win the war, and thus slavery and small mindedness and religion - men of sheep and lemmings - was the result.

I like your theory...

I am more inclined to agree that Earth is Hell and humans are its demons, born over and over and over again, to experience suffering and pain until they transgress...not sure where yet, I will have to work more on my theory.

Bardock42
Lucifer as Prometheus is a pretty appealing idea. Lucifer is a very interesting character on the whole.

Juk3n
Hell yeah he is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.