Apollo (at the surface of the Sun) vs Mister Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

Johnny Sorrow
Majestic.

batdude123
Wouldn't Apollo be overloaded if they were on the surface of the sun?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by batdude123
Wouldn't Apollo be overloaded if they were on the surface of the sun?
No IIRC he was able to journey to the surface of the sun with Majestic during the whole Captain Atom fiasco without being overloaded.

batdude123
It's been awhile since I've read the series, but I don't recall that at all.

I do recall, however, Captain Atom overloading Apollo's cells with solar energy.

Johnny Sorrow

I do recall, however, Captain Atom overloading Apollo's cells with solar energy.

I believe Atom did a little transmutation trick to accomplish that. Apollo's been traveling to the chromosphere ever since World's End began.

Current Apollo will level off in strength, but he'll have an impressive healing factor (for him anyway).

batdude123
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
I believe Atom did a little transmutation trick to accomplish that. Apollo's been traveling to the chromosphere ever since World's End began.

Current Apollo will level off in strength, but he'll have an impressive healing factor (for him anyway).

Nah, all Atom did was "speed up the reaction" in Apollo and "give him a near fatal dose" of solar energy.

Regardless, that's not the only time it's happened to Apollo. IIRC, Winter pulled the same trick on him as well.

KingD19
He's walked on the sun before, so just being there doesn't overload him, since he reaches his maximum level and just stays there. People like Atom and Winter can forcibly overload him though. Majestic wins this in a stomp though. His speed and strength are so far beyond Apollo's, it's crazy.

batdude123
He's walked on the sun before? Interesting. Do you happen to have scans of it or an issue number?

KingD19
I think it's in his respect thread, but I don't have the scan on me.

batdude123
Originally posted by KingD19
I think it's in his respect thread, but I don't have the scan on me.

I couldn't find it in the respect thread.

You lyin' to me? uhuh

Digi

Right, that involved some trickery.

He's walked on the sun before? Interesting. Do you happen to have scans of it or an issue number?

Apollo's been very near or inside the sun numerous times. No reason to think it would be fatal to him.

As others have been saying, Majestic's feats trump Apollo by a fair margin, so Majestic wins in any setting. The dueling showings vs. Cpt. Atom are really the only piece of evidence that favors Apollo, and a single brief fight is not enough to overwhelm the other evidence against him.

Johnny Sorrow
Nah, all Atom did was "speed up the reaction" in Apollo and "give him a near fatal dose" of solar energy.

Regardless, that's not the only time it's happened to Apollo. IIRC, Winter pulled the same trick on him as well.

Well, a little something. wink

Nevertheless, it's not like close proximity to the Sun has ever hurt him before. All the times he's been overloaded were forced. I guess Majestic could do it unconventionally (building crazy machines or subatomic reprogramming), but his feats suggest that he can just wallop on Apollo to win.

batdude123
Originally posted by Digi
Apollo's been very near or inside the sun numerous times. No reason to think it would be fatal to him.

Just curious, when has Apollo been inside the sun?

--------------------

For the record, I'm not trying to push this as a major issue or anything. My only problem is that I've only seen Apollo get "close" to the sun, and being "close" isn't the same as being on the surface or inside of the sun. We've seen on a few occasions that he can be overloaded, which makes me think that the surface of the sun may not be the best place for him to hold a brawl.

But hey, one scan where Apollo has been on or "inside" the sun will sell me.

Omega Vision

What Atom did probably wasn't something that would happen in the Earth's sun, it was similar to what Luthor did to Superman in ASS only much more immediate.

Q99
Apollo's about as strong as Maj at max, he simply has a limited battery normally.

Supercharged and with no worries about running out, endurance should be on *his* side. 'Pollo for the win.

Digi
Just curious, when has Apollo been inside the sun?

--------------------

For the record, I'm not trying to push this as a major issue or anything. My only problem is that I've only seen Apollo get "close" to the sun, and being "close" isn't the same as being on the surface or inside of the sun. We've seen on a few occasions that he can be overloaded, which makes me think that the surface of the sun may not be the best place for him to hold a brawl.

But hey, one scan where Apollo has been on or "inside" the sun will sell me.

He used a Carrier door to teleport inside the sun during the Authority's battle with the evil Doctor. It was ostensibly to give himself as much of a boost as possible. The battle might actually be in the Doctor's section of the respect thread.

There's been other non-feats that aren't in the respect thread though. For example, he once ported to a solar system with twin suns and sunbathed for hours in between them before fighting the religious telepath who had taken over most of the world. That fight's in their, but the sunbathing part isn't.

batdude123
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What Atom did probably wasn't something that would happen in the Earth's sun.

Completely speculative.

All Atom did was speed up the natural absorption rate of Apollo's cells. If he's on the surface of the sun, then he's going to be exposed to a vastly greater amount of solar energy than if he were simply "close" to the sun. I don't see what would stop him from being overloaded.

Unless of course, like I said before, somebody has a scan of him being on or inside the sun...

batdude123
Originally posted by Digi
He used a Carrier door to teleport inside the sun during the Authority's battle with the evil Doctor. It was ostensibly to give himself as much of a boost as possible. The battle might actually be in the Doctor's section of the respect thread.

There's been other non-feats that aren't in the respect thread though. For example, he once ported to a solar system with twin suns and sunbathed for hours in between them before fighting the religious telepath who had taken over most of the world. That fight's in their, but the sunbathing part isn't.

Thank you. smile

Statement retracted.

JakeTheBank
Majestic

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Majestic
Reported for being a fanboy. sneer

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Reported for being a fanboy. sneer

shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.