Kratos vs. Gengar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Kratos faces one of Pokemon's deadliest ghosts, Gengar.

Kratos has the Claws of Hades and the Golden Fleece, nothing else. He also can't use the power of Hope since it's kinda being wanked a lot.

Can Kratos destroy this Ghost Pokemon or will ScreamPaste think of a way for Gengar to win?

MooCowofJustice
Gengar hides in Kratos' Shadow and hits him with something good when Kratos drops his guard.

ScreamPaste

BloodRain
Think Kratos can hold his breath for a long time (from the underwater parts) Gengar has a few things it can do vur has to watch out for the claws. One hit could end it.

Neme, did you try to make this thread just for Scream or something?

The Scenario
Gengar uses hypnosis and puts Kratos to sleep. Followed by repeated Dream Eating.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by BloodRain
Think Kratos can hold his breath for a long time (from the underwater parts) Gengar has a few things it can do vur has to watch out for the claws. One hit could end it.

Neme, did you try to make this thread just for Scream or something?

Kratos can stay underwater as long as he wants. He has an unremovable item he carries around called the Trident of Poseidon.

No, I'm not really. Everyone is talking about Pokemon around here and I thought I might as well make a thread my own with a Pokemon in it. Why I added his name, well it's because he's the reason Pokemon is being all the rage in here and just likes talking in each of them but don't think I made this for him, I really didn't.

BloodRain
Now all he has to worry about is being put to sleep.. thats like trying to put a raging bull elephant with anger issues in mating season to sleep no expression

...Uh...huh....

The Scenario
Does the Trident allow him to survive without breathing, or simply breathe water? I doubt it'll help him if he's encased in poison gas. Or has Gengar stealing his life via his shadow. Or confusing him via Confuse Ray.

NemeBro
This is all under the assumption Kratos does not use his vastly superior strength and reflexes to destroy Gengar first.

BloodRain
True, out of the two Kratos would be the one to strike first,

ScreamPaste
Gengar can fly. no expression It's ability is levitate. It's also pretty fast for a pokemanz. This makes the melee fight idea hard for Kratos.

The Scenario
Gengar would just use Sucker Punch or something. He's like the fastest Ghost type Pokemon.

ScreamPaste
I think he's second fastest behind only Froslass.

Edit: How does Kratos do against poisons?

"SoulSilver Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes"

^Haunter's pokedex. Working my way through all of Gengar's forms for info.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Gengar can fly. no expression It's ability is levitate. It's also pretty fast for a pokemanz. This makes the melee fight idea hard for Kratos. Not sure I see your point.

Kratos has killed many flying or levitating beings.

Fast for a Pokemon based on stats. Not feats.

Show me a speed feat or GTFO.

The Scenario
Just looked it up. They're tied. Both Frosslass and Gengar are the fastest Ghosts.

BloodRain
Sure they're the same speed. But it wouldnt take many if more then one hit to beat it.

ScreamPaste
Can still fly, and is intangible, can also hide perfectly in shadows.

If Gengar manages to hide or avoid Kratos long enough to sleep him, it wins.

Phanteros
Didn't a snake monster puked poison on Kratos. Being intangible didn't help most of Kratos' enemies. He as the Claws of Hades as well. Kratos can use Helios head to reavel it and stun it.

MooCowofJustice
Kratos ever have to deal with TK?

Maybe Gengar can use Curse and then just hide in Kratos' Shadow. Or Toxic him. Stall him out.

Gengar has Trick and Pain Split, too. So maybe those help.

The Scenario
I doubt Gengar can stall. Hide, maybe, but I don't think it can take many hits. Curse would certainly kill Kratos, but Gengar would be taking a pretty heavy hit. Though Pain Split would be useful. Likely heal Gengar and massively hurt Kratos. Toxic would also solve it handily.

I don't know about Trick unless Gengar has a harmful item.

Phanteros
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

Maybe Gengar can use Curse and then just hide in Kratos' Shadow. Or Toxic him. Stall him out.

Gengar has Trick and Pain Split, too. So maybe those help. I'm pretty sure Helios head will solve Shadow hiding

BloodRain
Curse and Toxic would take a long time to bring him down, Gengar cant avoid for that long. Flying or not.

ScreamPaste
Curse and Toxic would take a long time to bring him down, Gengar cant avoid for that long. Flying or not. Why not? All he has to do is fly out of Kratos' reach. no expression

MooCowofJustice
Trick can remove one of Kratos' items. Pain Split would essentially put them at the same condition. If Gengar is being beaten badly, Gengar heals and Kratos weakens until they're the same.

Phanteros
Trick can remove one of Kratos' items. Pain Split would essentially put them at the same condition. If Gengar is being beaten badly, Gengar heals and Kratos weakens until they're the same. Sadly one of Kratos' items, Kratos uses rage of sparta and ends this match.

BloodRain
Kratos can fly too.

NemeBro
Can still fly, and is intangible, can also hide perfectly in shadows.

If Gengar manages to hide or avoid Kratos long enough to sleep him, it wins. Has fought flying enemies before, and has killed intangible enemies as well.

Continuing to ignore the fact that Kratos is both fast and powerful enough to end this in a single attack does not make your argument the correct one.

NemeBro

Gengar has Trick and Pain Split, too. So maybe those help. Ares' TK is considerably better than Gengar's... Actually so are his mental abilities.

Remind me what curse does. Though it does not matter, fight ends in one attack from Kratos.

Read above.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
Has fought flying enemies before, and has killed intangible enemies as well.

Continuing to ignore the fact that Kratos is both fast and powerful enough to end this in a single attack does not make your argument the correct one. Killed flying enemies stupid enough not to just fly straight up. no expression

Not ignoring it, pointing out he may never land it.

NemeBro
Why not? All he has to do is fly out of Kratos' reach. no expression Because he will be dead before he will be able to fly out of reach.

Also, Kratos can jump. Very well.

NemeBro
Killed flying enemies stupid enough not to just fly straight up. no expression

Not ignoring it, pointing out he may never land it. Show me Gengar using his abilities from a distance greater than Kratos' range.

Based on what? Is it because Gengar will be so unexpectedly slow he will be caught off guard by the lack of speed and botch his attack?

NemeBro
Trick can remove one of Kratos' items. Pain Split would essentially put them at the same condition. If Gengar is being beaten badly, Gengar heals and Kratos weakens until they're the same. How can he use Pain Split when he has already been destroyed in the first attack?

BloodRain
Kratos can fly. One hit would kill. Slow draining attacks will take too long.

ScreamPaste
New strategy, Gengar flies down. Just remembered he can phase through solid matter. Flies underground. WUT NAO? :]

NemeBro
Kratos can fly too. What?

Phanteros
New strategy, Gengar flies down. Just remembered he can phase through solid matter. Flies underground. WUT NAO? :] Kratos pulls him out of the ground with Hades claws. :]

Phanteros
What? He did it in the pandora section.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Phanteros
Kratos pulls him out of the ground with Hades claws. :] Kratos can neither see nor reach Gengar underground. no expression

CosmicComet
Spite thread.

There are some Pokemon by at least Pokedex statements that would destroy Kratos. But Gengar isn't one of them.

Kratos can hurt intangible enemies with Hades Hooks (why not, it can attach to souls) and the BoO itself.

As for poison, well the Chimera enemies spit highly acidic venom, but canonically Kratos never gets hit by it. The giant scorpion's boss' greenish saliva didn't bother kratos, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to be venomous or not.

Not entirely related but Kratos was in Cronos' stomach and wasn't bothered by the stomach acids that would inevitably be there.

NemeBro
Kratos can neither see nor reach Gengar underground. no expression But Gengar will never be able to submerge in time, will be destroyed.

CosmicComet
Could someone detail what attacks Gengar could use? I don't see any possible physical attack that could do anything.

Phanteros
Kratos can neither see nor reach Gengar underground. no expression Helios flash solves that issue. Stop trying to make it difficult for Kratos.

BloodRain
Only way I can think of is sleep to nightmare/dream eater. Dont see Kratos being put to sleep, at least not for a long enough time.

CosmicComet
Kratos has resisted resisted hypnosis from Persephone as well.

ScreamPaste
Helios flash solves that issue. Stop trying to make it difficult for Kratos. IT's a perfectly viable option for Gengar. Originally posted by BloodRain
Only way I can think of is sleep to nightmare/dream eater. Dont see Kratos being put to sleep, at least not for a long enough time. Has he ever resisted sleep? erm
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Kratos has resisted resisted hypnosis from Persephone as well.
Hm, guess so.

Phanteros
IT's a perfectly viable option for Gengar. Helios head, Problem solved.

ScreamPaste
Helios head, Problem solved. Don't see how that solves the problem.

Phanteros
Don't see how that solves the problem. It reveals hidden characters. Not like it was the first time Kratos fought invisable opponents.

CosmicComet
He did it in the pandora section.

Huh? I don't remember this.

MooCowofJustice
Gengar won't lose. He's constantly plotting.

He has plans for Kratos...

ScreamPaste
It reveals hidden characters. Not like it was the first time Kratos fought invisable opponents. This doesn't fix the fact that Gengar is *underground*. no expression

Phanteros
Gengar won't lose. He's constantly plotting.

He has plans for Kratos... So did Heph, and look at how that turned out.

CosmicComet
Plans that will fail. Scream and Co, you don't have to take up the mantle for every minor Nintendo character here you know.

Phanteros
They are trying to spread Nintardism

ScreamPaste
Plans that will fail. Scream and Co, you don't have to take up the mantle for every minor Nintendo character here you know. Playing Devil's advocate.

But nah, not taking up any mantle, just pointing out that Gengar has options. If Youtube cooperates I will have video evidence. >_> But it's being a dick.

The Scenario
Could someone detail what attacks Gengar could use? I don't see any possible physical attack that could do anything.

Sucker Punch, priority move that hits first if the opponent is preparing an attack. Shadow Punch, a punch from the shadows that apparently never misses. Shadow Ball, a blob of energy. Dark Pulse, a pulse of Dark Energy. Curse, hurts himself to put a damage over time effect. Hypnosis, puts enemy to sleep. Dream Eater, drains the energy of sleeping opponent. Lick, causes paralysis. Destiny Bond, takes Kratos with him if he dies. Confuse Ray, confuses opponent into attacking themselves.

etc. etc.

NemeBro
Stop using the gameplay of the moves.

BloodRain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHQTIqkC_Y up up and away. Think he does this three times.

Edit: Scenario, only one or two of those pose a treat.

The Scenario
The only gameplay effect there is Sucker Punch's priority and Shadow Punch's inability to miss. Rest are fine.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by The Scenario
Sucker Punch, priority move that hits first if the opponent is preparing an attack. Shadow Punch, a punch from the shadows that apparently never misses. Shadow Ball, a blob of energy. Dark Pulse, a pulse of Dark Energy. Curse, hurts himself to put a damage over time effect. Hypnosis, puts enemy to sleep. Dream Eater, drains the energy of sleeping opponent. Lick, causes paralysis. Destiny Bond, takes Kratos with him if he dies. Confuse Ray, confuses opponent into attacking themselves.

etc. etc.

K. I don't know the specifics of these. Kratos has shown immense mental strength so hynopsis and the like mental attacks will likely not work. As for the physically damaging attacks, unless they can do something drastic, like blow up a small mountain, they won't hurt kratos at all.

Demonic Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHQTIqkC_Y up up and away. Think he does this three times.

He uses the steam to fly upward.

He can't fly with the Icarus Wings outside of that. Only Glide.

CosmicComet

Ugh there is a strong air under his wings.

BloodRain

The Scenario
Youtube is failing for me right now. Still, it seems flying is open for Gengar.

Cyner

geez... and Kratos had such a promising future...

Phanteros
Not like flying helped most opponents.

ScreamPaste
Not like flying helped most opponents. Most couldn't fly underground, or were too stupid to fly straight up.

Demonic Phoenix

NemeBro
Most couldn't fly underground, or were too stupid to fly straight up. Or, like Gengar, are too slow to make a difference where they fly.

ScreamPaste
Or, like Gengar, are too slow to make a difference where they fly. We'll see. wink

BloodRain
What scene are you waiting to get?

ScreamPaste
Dun't matter atm, because my freakin' Youtube isn't working. I've installed flash player, and it still tells me to update. no expression

Demonic Phoenix
Most couldn't fly underground, or were too stupid to fly straight up.

Won't matter if he is susceptible to the sound of the Siren Summon's shriek.

CosmicComet
How is this seriously being debated still.

ScreamPaste
How is this seriously being debated still. It hasn't even begun to be debated. (thanks heaps, for the fail, Youtube)

It's entirely possible Gengar could put himself in a position where Kratos cannot hurt him.

BloodRain
Right now isnt Kratos in the position?

What scene is it? I can try find it.

CosmicComet
It hasn't even begun to be debated. (thanks heaps, for the fail, Youtube)

It's entirely possible Gengar could put himself in a position where Kratos cannot hurt him.

Going underground? He has to come up sometime. Going intangible? Kratos can attack intangible things.

Even if he can put himself in a position where he can't be hurt, (self BFR really), he has no means to put himself in a position to hurt Kratos either.

ScreamPaste
Going underground? He has to come up sometime. Going intangible? Kratos can attack intangible things.

Even if he can put himself in a position where he can't be hurt, (self BFR really), he has no means to put himself in a position to hurt Kratos either. Why does he have to come up from underground?

BloodRain
To attempt to attack?

ScreamPaste
Gengar's attacks don't care about the ground either. no expression He's not a physical attacker. He might come close to the surface to lick the bottom of Kratos foot, poisoning him, but otherwise there's no reason to come up.

Phanteros
Gengar's attacks don't care about the ground either. no expression He's not a physical attacker. He might come close to the surface to lick the bottom of Kratos foot, poisoning him, but otherwise there's no reason to come up. Kratos can pull enemies out of the ground.

ScreamPaste
Kratos can pull enemies out of the ground. How's he gonna pull Gengar out of the ground? no expression

Phanteros
How's he gonna pull Gengar out of the ground? no expression Hades claws

ScreamPaste
1. Kratos can't see through the ground.
2. The claws will hit the ground.

CosmicComet
The same way he can to those spectre enemies that can go intangible through the ground.

Phanteros
1. Kratos can't see through the ground.
2. The claws will hit the ground. Specter enemies Kratos faces can intangible and go under ground. How many times must I meantion Helios flash will solve that issue.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Kratos faces one of Pokemon's deadliest ghosts, Gengar.

Kratos has the Claws of Hades and the Golden Fleece, nothing else. He also can't use the power of Hope since it's kinda being wanked a lot.

Can Kratos destroy this Ghost Pokemon or will ScreamPaste think of a way for Gengar to win?

Phanteros
Even without it he fought Persus that basically was invisible.

ScreamPaste
But he can't see underground, and he can't get to Gengar. no expression

Phanteros
But he can't see underground, and he can't get to Gengar. no expression Doesn't mean it has the a has the attack power to hurt him.

CosmicComet
He could carve up the ground.

ScreamPaste
He could carve up the ground. Now this is progress. So, it becomes a game of tag. Can Kratos dig up and execute Gengar before Gengar's cippling poison takes down Kratos?

CosmicComet
Let's be honest. That poison isn't going to do anything.

ScreamPaste
It's not just a poison, my good man! It drains your life force, so it's sort of like a poison, but it's also supernatural, and it causes you to shake and leads to paralysis and stuff.

Sin_Volvagia
Hades' Claws pull out souls. Gengar is a ghost so this is an instant win. Plus the claws can summon the souls of GoW3 enemies with Siren and the Gorgon being the deadliest to the Pokemon.

Gengar's only hope is Destiny Bond and I doubt it's anywhere as a threat as Fear Zeus.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Hades' Claws pull out souls. Gengar is a ghost so this is an instant win. Plus the claws can summon the souls of GoW3 enemies with Siren and the Gorgon being the deadliest to the Pokemon.

Gengar's only hope is Destiny Bond and I doubt it's anywhere as a threat as Fear Zeus. Actually, Gengar already had it's soul taken out when it died, now it just plain is a soul. You can't pull him out of.. himself. no expression Also, Kratos cannot reach Gengar underground without digging around for him.

Demonic Phoenix
Actually, Gengar already had it's soul taken out when it died, now it just plain is a soul. You can't pull him out of.. himself. no expression Also, Kratos cannot reach Gengar underground without digging around for him.

True, but Kratos can still store Gengar within himself as he is a ghost/soul as you said.

This all depends on whether Gengar is fast enough to go underground before Kratos hooks him with the Claws or not. Think Gengar's fast enough to hide underground?

Sin_Volvagia
Actually, Gengar already had it's soul taken out when it died, now it just plain is a soul. You can't pull him out of.. himself. no expression Also, Kratos cannot reach Gengar underground without digging around for him.

That means Gengar gets defeated instantly once both hooks are on it.

The fight is a stalemate if Gengar wants to hide underground since he won't hit Kratos.

ScreamPaste
0HmY1vZCngM Gengar looks plenty fast enough to pull off heading underground before Kratos attacks him, to me.

Ms.Marvel
pikachu ***** slapped him with his tail like three times in that fight...

also shadow ball looks really weak in the anime. i mean was climbing on it wtf.

ScreamPaste
Pikachu's also been seen dodging lightning bolts and shit, pikachu is not slow. Gengar dodged a lightning bolt in that scene, too.

Ms.Marvel
well... considering that agatha managed to literally give a verbal command before pickachu could travel like, three feet, id have to disagree.

though im curious what pokemon think when their masters give them a command right in the middle of a fight. id be pissed.

ScreamPaste
Pokemon is funny that way, anime physics and all that. Doesn't change that they're extremely fast pokemon.

I'm surprised pokemon don't just kill their trainers.

Ms.Marvel
seriously. i dont understand why any semi-sentient creature would willingly put themselves into situations where they could end up getting pile drived from 7000 feet up into a lake of lava, all so that some ******* can win a badge that he could probably buy at party city for 6 bucks anyway.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
seriously. i dont understand why any semi-sentient creature would willingly put themselves into situations where they could end up getting pile drived from 7000 feet up into a lake of lava, all so that some ******* can win a badge that he could probably buy at party city for 6 bucks anyway. In the scene you're referencing, we actually get to hear a sonic boom as Magmar passes the camera. haermm GFR.

But yeah. I agree. no expression If I were an insanely powerful wild animal, and some douche stuck me in a ball, I'd eat him.

BloodRain
Pkmn with 5000IQ and whos their trainer? Kids who think striking their bird pkmn with a lightning bolt is a good idea :/

Only skimmed the vid /lazeh didnt see speed that Kratos cant match.

ScreamPaste
He dodged lightning at point blank and moved behind Pikachu. no expression

BloodRain
Pikas thunder attacks can be as fast as Bubble erm That moving part can be hit by Kratos, Gengar'd have to go deeper.

AsbestosFlaygon
Only chance for Gengar to win is Destiny Bond.
Well, technically it still is a lose, but Kratos goes down with him.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Only chance for Gengar to win is Destiny Bond.
Well, technically it still is a lose, but Kratos goes down with him.

And climbs back out of Hades as the victor stick out tongue

Sin_Volvagia
He dodged lightning at point blank and moved behind Pikachu. no expression

All Gengar did was flatten itself. If those were the Claws of Hades, Gengar would've been reeled in.

ScreamPaste
If those were the claws of Hades they would have missed very badly.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Still haven't addressed whether Gengar is susceptible to sound or not.

ScreamPaste
I have, the OP says Kratos doesn't have that. stick out tongue Gengar's not soundproof, but Kratos doesn't have that ability here.

CosmicComet
Siren summon is an ability of the claws of hades. It's a soul summon.

Demonic Phoenix
What? The ability in question is tied to the Claws of Hades and is its Magic. The Claws have the ability to summon the soul of a Siren. Ergo, he does have the ability.

ScreamPaste
Oh, in that case, could be problematic. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.