thanos vs dr.strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tests
Thanos vs Classic Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange. Who wins in each scenario?

1) without prep

2) with prep (i.e. a few days)

I would say that strange takes it both times, but without prep its more even, like a 6/10, while with prep, a 8/10.

What do you guys think?

Warlord
without prep Thanos
with prep Strange

tests
Originally posted by Warlord
without prep Thanos
with prep Strange

Would you without prep, thanos stomps strange, or is it a close one, i.e. thanos wins like 6/10 or 7/10.

Warlord
7/10 I think

amnesia
Thanos in both, Thanos is second only to doom in the prep department.

tests
meh, doctor strange was definitely number 1 or at the very least number 2 in the prep department. No way is doctor strange 2nd to dr.doom.. keep in mind, this is classic sorcerer supreme strange, not today's de-powered strange.

i still believe strange takes it both time, albeit it is not a stomp without prep.

quanchi112
Originally posted by amnesia
Thanos in both, Thanos is second only to doom in the prep department. Thanos is much higher than doom and if you don't believe me read marvel's the end. Thanos takes this in both scenarios.

Nihilist
1.Strange.

2.Strange stomps.

Black bolt z
1messedtrange 6/10
2messedtrange stomps/spite.

BattleMage
Doom in both smile

Nihilist
Originally posted by BattleMage
Doom in both smile If you mean inferior, then yes you are correct.

amnesia
Originally posted by Nihilist
If you mean inferior, then yes you are correct.

Not true!

Nihilist
Originally posted by amnesia
Not true! What good would nuking a empty house do, as either would have already prepped for such a event?

amnesia
What good would nuking a empty house do, as either would have already prepped for such a event?

I edited, i got confused. I have no idea what's happening right now. I though it was Dr Doom vs Strange now.

galactusischere
Thanos
Thanos

Black bolt z
1: stalemate
2: strange 9999/10000

leaning towards strange too

Bouboumaster
1- Strange
2- Thanos stomp. Spite

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos takes both and with little difficulty. True if we're using classic strange it's not a stomp and a good fight in both. The point and overriding factor here are Strange's OWN WORDS. He has already made it clear he is NO MATCH for Thanos.

tests
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos takes both and with little difficulty. True if we're using classic strange it's not a stomp and a good fight in both. The point and overriding factor here are Strange's OWN WORDS. He has already made it clear he is NO MATCH for Thanos. [/QUO

and heroes like wolverine say they can take on anyone. Seriously though, words can be extremely exaggerated by the writer and should not always be taken literally. I mean classic strange has insane feats and he was (is?) one of the most powerful heroes in the MU. Thanos can take a few wins from strange, but the majority and with little difficulty? I don't buy that.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos is much higher than doom and if you don't believe me read marvel's the end. Thanos takes this in both scenarios.
His prep feats in the End are somewhat tainted by the fact that it was really the One Above All who came up with the plan and manipulated Thanos into doing His will.

tests
Originally posted by Omega Vision
His prep feats in the End are somewhat tainted by the fact that it was really the One Above All who came up with the plan and manipulated Thanos into doing His will.

true that

Black bolt z
His prep feats in the End are somewhat tainted by the fact that it was really the One Above All who came up with the plan and manipulated Thanos into doing His will. Also he needed months to find it's exact location and needed minions sacrificed to do it.

tests
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Also he needed months to find it's exact location and needed minions sacrificed to do it.

by "it" what are you referring to? What did thanos have to find again? Sorry i totally forgot heh

quanchi112
His prep feats in the End are somewhat tainted by the fact that it was really the One Above All who came up with the plan and manipulated Thanos into doing His will. No, not at all. Thanos was tricked but he also worked for it. he was needed to save reality which is leaps and bounds a huge show of respect for the titan while doom failed.

Nihilist
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos takes both and with little difficulty. True if we're using classic strange it's not a stomp and a good fight in both. The point and overriding factor here are Strange's OWN WORDS. He has already made it clear he is NO MATCH for Thanos. facepalm i see you have never heard of hyperbole.

Fact is Classic Stranges average feats, prep feats are above Thanos.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by tests
Thanos vs Classic Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange. Who wins in each scenario?

1) without prep

2) with prep (i.e. a few days)

I would say that strange takes it both times, but without prep its more even, like a 6/10, while with prep, a 8/10.

What do you guys think?

Strange takes both. Without prep he'll beat the he'll out of Thanos. With prep, he'll grab his most powerful items and attack Thanos before Thanos can come up with anything.

tests
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Strange takes both. Without prep he'll beat the he'll out of Thanos. With prep, he'll grab his most powerful items and attack Thanos before Thanos can come up with anything.

yo whitewitchking, how powerful would you say classic strange was. Like, where would he rank in the MU and how would he fare against the likes of thor, silver surfer etc. I am asking you because your sig has a picture of him, so im assuming you might know a lot hehehe

quanchi112
Strange takes both. Without prep he'll beat the he'll out of Thanos. With prep, he'll grab his most powerful items and attack Thanos before Thanos can come up with anything. Even though doom henchmen beat the crap out of him and Thor with the power gem was handing him his ass while Thanos ended the fight when he saw fit.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Even though doom henchmen beat the crap out of him and Thor with the power gem was handing him his ass while Thanos ended the fight when he saw fit.
Read the first sentence again.....

vansonbee
Preparation = Thanos

W/O prep = Dr. Strange

WhiteWitchKing
yo whitewitchking, how powerful would you say classic strange was. Like, where would he rank in the MU and how would he fare against the likes of thor, silver surfer etc. I am asking you because your sig has a picture of him, so im assuming you might know a lot hehehe

Overall, Strange was much more powerful than Thor or Surfer. He's far more versatile than Thor for sure. Though, Surfer could match him on that. But the foes he beats ranged from top tiers to skyfather level demons. Unlike Thor or Surfer, Strange invokes spells from various deities and artifacts that are the equivalent of plot devices.

facepalm i see you have never heard of hyperbole.

Fact is Classic Stranges average feats, prep feats are above Thanos.

Strange calls up Adam Warlock and Drax from different time lines. Warlock being Warlock destroys out preps and destroys Thanos. Lol. Strange wins.

tests
Overall, Strange was much more powerful than Thor or Surfer. He's far more versatile than Thor for sure. Though, Surfer could match him on that. But the foes he beats ranged from top tiers to skyfather level demons. Unlike Thor or Surfer, Strange invokes spells from various deities and artifacts that are the equivalent of plot devices.

Strange calls up Adam Warlock and Drax from different time lines. Warlock being Warlock destroys out preps and destroys Thanos. Lol. Strange wins.

Yo whitewitchking, other than the vishanti, what other deities or extremely powerful skyfather did strange invoke during his classic days?

Blanket
Classic Strange:
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/09ad3.jpg/
http://img86.imageshack.us/i/11gq4.jpg/
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/12hw0.jpg/

tests
just curious, but when does strange officially become sorcerer supreme. Like what issue and was it from the master of the mystic arts? Anyone know?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Read the first sentence again..... Why?Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

Strange calls up Adam Warlock and Drax from different time lines. Warlock being Warlock destroys out preps and destroys Thanos. Lol. Strange wins. How is warlock outprepping Thanos let alone Strange?

WhiteWitchKing
Yo whitewitchking, other than the vishanti, what other deities or extremely powerful skyfather did strange invoke during his classic days?

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/exemplar.htm#Octessence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dormammu

tests
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.