Ezio vs Altair

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Who wins? Ezio doesn't get the pistol because that is too much of an advantage. Other than that - everything goes.

wakkawakkawakka
I saw thread like this somewhere else and everyone practically called it blasphemy for Ezoi to lose. Even if he does win(I still might be missing something even after AC2) I still vote for Altair.

BloodRain
Ezio at his known peak at 47. 17 year old free runner then had 30 years of being an assassin where he got weapon training. Uses sword, (mainly) knife and twin hidden blades.

Altair at his peak at 50. (25 years after AC) Was trained as an assassin since he was a child, and can use the same weapons above^. Even the hidden gun.

Altair has 12 years more training/experience and the same weapons Ezio has besides maybe smoke bombs. Altair can win this.

KingD19
Originally posted by BloodRain
Ezio at his known peak at 47. 17 year old free runner then had 30 years of being an assassin where he got weapon training. Uses sword, (mainly) knife and twin hidden blades.

Altair at his peak at 50. (25 years after AC) Was trained as an assassin since he was a child, and can use the same weapons above^. Even the hidden gun.

Altair has 12 years more training/experience and the same weapons Ezio has besides maybe smoke bombs. Altair can win this.

Ezio was shown to be a better assassin and fighter once he got properly trained, he also used a higher multitude of weapons than Altair. Oh, and let's not forget at the end of the game, Ezio had Possession of an Apple of Eden, and the Staff.

FinalAnswer
Altair > Ezio in skill and experience. Altair was raised to be an assassin. Altair in his prime had most of Ezio's equipment, t3h uber haxx armor, and the Apple.

Altair 6.5/10

KingD19
Just because he was raised to do that, doesn't make him super duper better. Ezio was actually shown to be a better assassin, since he had a higher number of moves and techniques at his disposal. And Altair gave the apple up, Ezio never did.

Plus, Ezio had much better equipment.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by KingD19
Just because he was raised to do that, doesn't make him super duper better. Ezio was actually shown to be a better assassin, since he had a higher number of moves and techniques at his disposal. And Altair gave the apple up, Ezio never did.

Plus, Ezio had much better equipment.

Gameplay limitations. Altair in his peak would in all probability think of doing the same things, given Ezio's equipment. Furthermore, Altair spent the vast majority of his life creating new techniques, weapons, and assassinating people. At the very least, Altair is on par with Ezio in skill, though it is very likely Altair surpasses in skill. It is inarguable Altair has more experience.

No he hasn't.

Altair gave up the Apple after many years, right before his death I believe. The Apple is a regular tool of Altair's.

Most of which was created and used by Altair.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah. Altair.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Who wins? Ezio doesn't get the pistol because that is too much of an advantage. Other than that - everything goes.

Straight up fight? Slight edge to Ezio maybe.

Assassination/Stealth? Altair. Handily.

Heythere,Honey
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
blasphemy for Ezoi to lose.
laughing

menokokoro
see, as far as game mechanics, ezio wins, but as far as actual stated skill, altair, altair was a legend, they kinda worshiped him

First_Tsurugi06
Ezio was actually only 40 when he hit his peak.

As for the battle, I'll say at the very best, it's a draw. Otherwise, I still maintain that Ezio has a better chance at winning this so far, and not just because he's an infinitely more interesting, more well-developed, charismatic, personable and better-voiced character. By the standards of the plot, if it was to prove anything, it's that Ezio ultimately grew into, arguably, the greatest Assassin to ever live since Altair--had all his basic combat and free-running skills, was the only one shown to have skill to use all of the rebuilt weapons Altair constructed, was the one to finally discover all the Assassin's tombs, retrive their relics, and unlock the way to Altair's legendary armor. It's also pretty obvious that even before being formally trained to be an Assassin, Ezio and his older brother still had noticeable skill in the free running aspects of the arts.

But Travis Touchdown >>>>> them both http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Ezio was actually only 40 when he hit his peak.

As for the battle, I'll say at the very best, it's a draw. Otherwise, I still maintain that Ezio has a better chance at winning this so far, and not just because he's an infinitely more interesting, more well-developed, charismatic, personable and better-voiced character. By the standards of the plot, if it was to prove anything, it's that Ezio ultimately grew into, arguably, the greatest Assassin to ever live since Altair--had all his basic combat and free-running skills, was the only one shown to have skill to use all of the rebuilt weapons Altair constructed, was the one to finally discover all the Assassin's tombs, retrive their relics, and unlock the way to Altair's legendary armor. It's also pretty obvious that even before being formally trained to be an Assassin, Ezio and his older brother still had noticeable skill in the free running aspects of the arts.

But Travis Touchdown >>>>> them both http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

Has it been proven Ezio unlocked Altair's armor in canon?

BloodRain
They do canonly mention it.

FinalAnswer
I know they talk about it in canon, but was it shown in a canon cutscene Ezio gaining/wearing it in canon?

Cause I'm pretty sure Altair's armor is only optional.

First_Tsurugi06
No, it's not optional. You can't get to the last act of the game until you retrieve it. It's canon, although you can get it earlier than necessary.

BloodRain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2CFrXU19g If you count this as canon.

FinalAnswer
Kay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.