The most versitile word in the english language

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
26UA578yQ5g

i had to learn this in school

Mindset
go phuck yourself

§P0oONY
Set

Bicnarok
There is no German word "fricken", but "Ficken" which can be translated as f**king.

good vid.

Quiero Mota
The F-word.

In any language, its always some kind of profanity. In Spanish its pinche, in Japanese its baka, in Korean its pabo and so on.

Mindship
wtf...?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
The F-word.

In any language, its always some kind of profanity. In Spanish its pinche, in Japanese its baka, in Korean its pabo and so on.

Erm, "baka" really means retard and "pabo" means nerd/weirdo.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Erm, "baka" really means retard and "pabo" means nerd/weirdo. Baka means idiot rather than retard.

dadudemon
The internets have so many experts. 313

Rogue Jedi
xf7frtuyF14

Ordo

Deja~vu
The word "No"

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Deja~vu
The word "No"

Indeed. It can mean "no" and "yes".

Ms.Marvel
shut up

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ordo
Spike! Haha... But set is the most versitile word in the english language. It has the most definitions.

Symmetric Chaos

inimalist
Go to the movie set and set the set of dishes then set yourself down by the TV set while I pray to Set!

its a set-up

Quiero Mota

I know exactly what they mean because I picked them up when I was in the service. The question is versatile and those two words can be used in any fashion. Any noun, idea, person, abstract thing, verb or adjective can be baka or pabo.

Now, did you know what they mean, or did you have to Google the words?

Rogue Jedi
Pinche baboso.

Quiero Mota

And they are curse-words but they lose a lot of their "oomph" when translated. In English, "idiot" isn't so bad.

Ushgarak

Symmetric Chaos
And they are curse-words but they lose a lot of their "oomph" when translated. In English, "idiot" isn't so bad.

Which is why I translated baka as "retard" instead. It's slightly stronger.

Pabo I did have to look up, though.

§P0oONY
Baka isn't versitile at all though. It's a suffix, it really has few uses.

Quiero Mota

§P0oONY
Yes it is.

It's also a prefix, as in "baka yaro" (f*cking assh*le). And using it as a prefix doesn't give it a new definition, it's going to mean the same thing no matter what the context.

Quiero Mota

§P0oONY
You're right that it doesn't have many definitions like "set" does. What it is, is a strong modifier that can be used in any sentence to describe or intensify anything. So its basically their F-word. BUt it's only used to modify towards the negative. So it's no where near as versitile as ****.

Bardock42
You're right that it doesn't have many definitions like "set" does. What it is, is a strong modifier that can be used in any sentence to describe or intensify anything. So its basically their F-word.

It sounds like it is more like only one function of ****.

Quiero Mota

§P0oONY
There are plenty of strong modifiers that are on the same level and a lot that are even stronger than baka... Baka is just in a lot of animes so has traveled.

Colossus-Big C
set the table.
take the set of dishes.
are you set to go?
ready set go!
what set you in(gang).
TV set.
set it off.
set down.
movie set.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.