Marvel vs Capcom 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phanteros
Prayers have been answered.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/17/all-official-marvel-vs-capcom-3-works/

Ms.Marvel
"sheer number of characters"

translation: "haha, and you thought MVC2 was unbalanced!"

No End N Site
Maaaaaaaannnnnnn....I can't believe this. I need pictures.

If it's gonna have "even more' characters than MVC2 then I'm almost positive it's gonna be hella "unbalanced". That comes wit the territory of havin' so many damn characters. But I honestly don't care. MVC is suppa phucked up and it's still 1 on the greatest fighters of all time. Needless to say, if this game is a cool and as fun as MVC2, It will be an all time favorite for me as well.

Hoping for Dante, Gene and Viewtiful Joe from Capcom. I wanna see Deadpool, at least 1 Fantastic 4 member and The Sentry from Marvel!

Capcom and Marvel...THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU!

(still skeptical, but still hyped)

Wesker too! M.Bison and Wesker. Muahahahahahahahaha

MooCowofJustice
If it has Captain America in it then it's a buy.

Bro SMASH
It better have Dante in it.

Zack Fair
Nice.

Love how fighting games have made a semi-comeback

Alpha Centauri
Great, another game that totally undermines the ability of Marvel's characters.

Ryu Vs Thanos, how accurate...

Still, it IS fun to play as Marvel characters, even if they are just sprites that look like them. Hopefully this is cheap, because I don't intend to pay full price for Marvel Vs Capcom 3 if it's just Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 with more people.

-AC

Esomark
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Nice.

Love how fighting games have made a semi-comeback

I like to consider the recent influx of fighting games a fighting game renaissance. History is repeating itself in a good way! cool

As long as the Darkstalkers remain, I'm game.

Ridley_Prime
Eh, here's to hoping for Apocalypse (as a fighter, not a boss) or Wesker.

Sin_Volvagia
I knew this ahead of time. THey better have Dante and Deadpool.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Still, it IS fun to play as Marvel characters, even if they are just sprites that look like them. Hopefully this is cheap, because I don't intend to pay full price for Marvel Vs Capcom 3 if it's just Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 with more people.

-AC Wow.. do you even play these games.. even though they are undermined.. marvel characters are still leaps and bounds better to choose than any SF character.. clearly you can see this by just pressing buttons alone.. you dont even have to touch special attacks to understand this

please note a few of the high-tier teams.. sentinel / storm / magneto... magneto / storm / cyclops.. magneto / sentinel / psylocke

The ONLY thing to be a turnoff for me about this game is if it just winds up being a copy paste of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and if the ENTIRE capcom cast doesnt pale in comparison to marvels

-oh dear god.. please dont let them pwn the entire game.. /prays

-ah shit.. I mean.. having more characters is a blessin and a curse in one.. balance is gonna go bye bye for sure XD

-guess its gonna wind up being TvC afterall :/

-nice @ 1080p

cant wait to see some footage big grin

No End N Site
Lol, what was the point of the Capcom characters again in MVC2? Or the point for pretty much anyone who wasn't Sentinel, Magneto, and Storm...maybe just a tad bit of Cable and Black Heart. People would see me chose Captain Commando, Strider and Spider Man and still chose the God Teams, like WTF?!

I'm not lookin' foward to balance (crosses fingers) at all. I am expectin' to see X-Men VS Street Fighter type of shit goin' on. Just as long as it's fun and they put the 3 attack strength lay out back in the series.

Nemesis X
A MvC game with graphics that look almost like SF4's? My prayers have been answered.

The game will probably be unbalanced but as long as it isn't as unbalanced as Midway's Mortal Kombat Armageddon, the game will be alright.

They better have Wesker in this game or at least more RE characters.

Does anyone get the feeling we'll be seeing Frank West in this game? So far, he's appeared in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, will appear in Lost Planet 2 (as a skin), and might appear in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by No End N Site
Lol, what was the point of the Capcom characters again in MVC2? Or the point for pretty much anyone who wasn't Sentinel, Magneto, and Storm...maybe just a tad bit of Cable and Black Heart. People would see me chose Captain Commando, Strider and Spider Man and still chose the God Teams, like WTF?!

I'm not lookin' foward to balance (crosses fingers) at all. I am expectin' to see X-Men VS Street Fighter type of shit goin' on. Just as long as it's fun and they put the 3 attack strength lay out back in the series.

I'd choose team Shoto and people would still OMGWTFBBQ TOP TIER TEAM parade all over me =(

Sin_Volvagia
I hope Cable is not in and none of those annoying ice beam spams like MvC2. I got my ass handed in that game so much that I gave up playing online completely.

Ridley_Prime
Oh gawd, if they have broken Cable in this again, then Apocalypse should be his rival tier-wise. 131 Maybe even send his Horsemen after the opponent with a snap of his fingers. mmm

Ms.Marvel
OPTIC BLAST. OPTIC BLAST. OPTIC BLAST. OPTIC BLAST.

Ridley_Prime
Optic Sweep! Cyclone Kick!

StyleTime
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-LzWEEIfJs

Sin_Volvagia
sad sad sad

SaTsuJiN
OPTIC BLAST. OPTIC BLAST. OPTIC BLAST. OPTIC BLAST. nonono.. its jump, fierce kick fierce kick fierce kick fierce kick OMG DIRECTIONAL OPTIC BLAST~

Nemesis X
Leon Kennedy needs to show off his awesome backflip in this game. That would be perfect to use when dodging attacks.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
sad sad sad
LMAO! I saw what you did there dude.

It'll be our secret. wink

Scythe

WEB BALLS!!!

No End N Site
GAMMATOSH!

Sin_Volvagia
Sunday's Best! PROTON CANNON!!

SaTsuJiN
Bring My Tomato! PROTON CANNON!

Esomark
DRILL CLAW!
SOUL FIST!
HADOUKEN!
ICE BEAM!
VENOM'S BACK!

Juk3n

-AC

Wow, you're really a 'glass half empty' kind of guy arn't ya?
You'd prefer a MVC game that was accurate to actual comic power levels? You want 1 hit kills moves on Iceman and Thanos, and you'd like Wolverine HP to keep regenerating too i suppose?

stick out tongue

Scythe
So, yeah.

7-j7fh2CVQM

Juk3n
Final Justice!
Maximum Spider!

Scythe
Originally posted by Scythe
WEB BALLS!!!
WEB BALLS!!! Originally posted by Scythe
WEB BALLS!!!

Trailer looks awesome, btw, but no Spidey in the trailer, awww.

Oh well!

WEB BALLS!!! Originally posted by Scythe
WEB BALLS!!!

Heythere,Honey
Proton Cannon and Hypar Megaman. smile

Scythe
So, video was removed, nuts.

Oh, wait! Here it is again! Yay, I do stuff!

LIGkAmYLlGI

No End N Site
Man, this is gonna be hot!

My hype is at Mad Crazy Retard Levels! When 27th rolls around, I'm gonna lock myself in my room and aint commin' out unless it's goin' to the store to get this game. Chris VS Hulk.

Gamma radiation vs mad crazy steroids, lol.

And did I see silhouettes of Dante and Deadpool in the beginin'?

Scythe
Man, this is gonna be hot!

My hype is at Mad Crazy Retard Levels! When 27th rolls around, I'm gonna lock myself in my room and aint commin' out unless it's goin' to the store to get this game. Chris VS Hulk.

Gamma radiation vs mad crazy steroids, lol.

And did I see silhouettes of Dante and Deadpool in the beginin'?

I have no idea if it's Deadpool and Dante, I'm hoping it is, that would be cool, but wishful thinking better not let us down, or I'm soooo not gonna be a happy camper at the lunch truck.

Sin_Volvagia
So, video was removed, nuts.

Oh, wait! Here it is again! Yay, I do stuff!

LIGkAmYLlGI

I'm so getting this game, if it has good reviews.

I love the intro love

SaTsuJiN
I'm sorry.. the hadouken at the end looking JUST like tatsunoko makes me want to throw up, and I died a lil inside

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'm sorry.. the hadouken at the end looking JUST like tatsunoko makes me want to throw up, and I died a lil inside

Agreed, I wish it would just stay 3D but I'll try it. Also why is Chris Redfield fighting Hulk?

MooCowofJustice
I'd have rather seen Captain America style on Ryu than Wolverine. erm

Kazenji
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Also why is Chris Redfield fighting Hulk?

Must think Hulk is a Majini stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
I really hope Deadpool isn't in this.

I've followed the character for so long that the over-saturation and bandwagonning fans is actually getting on my nerves more than ever.

Still, I'll buy it if it's cheap.

-AC

Zack Fair
Tony must have gotten an uncomfortable boner in the suit

jalek moye
I really hope Deadpool isn't in this.

I've followed the character for so long that the over-saturation and bandwagonning fans is actually getting on my nerves more than ever.

Still, I'll buy it if it's cheap.

-AC
with how much he has apperaed lately, I'm positive he's gonna be in the game.

kgkg
Even if this game is shit I will still buy it.

Esomark
Good to see Morrigan there! I hope more DSers will make it!

Frisky Dingo
This is awesome. I'm so xcited! That Shinku Hadouken looks scary like the 1 used N TVC. I luv it!

Scythe
Artwork for the game.

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/s-kill/332fbac7f574daaf44df2912946f73ee.jpg?v=143100

No End N Site
Morrigan is so sexy...for a video game character.

Ms.Marvel
LOL at chris redfield fighting the hulk and not dying instantly laughing out loud his special should be a boulder grab and punch

steverules_2
Morrigan is so sexy...for a video game character.

Iron man wanted to put his iron dick in her

I hope dpool is a character or unlockable

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. hulk on that cover art makes me cringe a bit.. but the rest of the characters look bitchin'..

and hell yeah chris can fight hulk.. have you seen his friggin forearms in RE5?.. they're about as big as his damn neck.. he's like hulk-mini XD

my quick mini wishlist :

-un nerf blackheart slightly (his demons USED to be ridiculous.. but MvC2 he's terribad)

some chars I'd like to see : Jubilee, Dazzler, a non-insane Jean Grey
Archangel, Hob / Green Gob, Bishop, Shocker, NightCrawler

hell.. if it was JUST nightcrawler out of this list I'd totally buy the game straight up XD ( totally 'not' a hypocrite laughing )

Nemesis X
LIGkAmYLlGI

HELL FRIGGIN YES!!!

Wolverine vs. Ryu: Awesome.

Iron Man vs. Morrigan: Are you serious? Tony has an obsession with hot women and that will lead to to his ultimate downfall though seen in the trailer, that's taken quite literally.

Chris Redfield vs. Hulk: I don't even know what to say about that fight. In all seriousness, Hulk would easily smash Redfield although since non-canon games make characters overpowered, Chris can own Hulk just like how he owned the boulder in Resident Evil 5.

I want this game badly and it saddens me that I have to wait till next year to get it. Come on Capcom, you didn't have to wait a decade for the fans to tell you to make a part three because a couple years after MvC2 released, you knew that they demanded MvC3.

Scythe
Curly Mustaches make everything better! Let's get crazy!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Hyperphase/curly.jpg

SaTsuJiN
hulk almost looks like dudley there

Scythe
hulk almost looks like dudley there

Oh shi-!

Bro SMASH
You know who else should be in the game? Gene from God Hand. Its time he made his fighting game debut along with Dante.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
You know who else should be in the game? Gene from God Hand. Its time he made his fighting game debut along with Dante.

He's Capcom?

Bro SMASH
He's Capcom?

Yep.

Nemesis X

Nah. Nobody likes a spanker.

No End N Site
Yeah right. Puttin' Gene in this game would be The Hot Shit.

First_Tsurugi06
Gene? As in Godhand Gene? It never actually crossed my mind that he was a Capcom character. I'd recently regained respect for that game (after previously thinking of it as being a bit outdated). Gene would definitely be a selling point for me--probably as much as Okami Amaterasu.

JustFrame
Hell Yes!!!!!!!!

Capcom is redeeming themselves in the past few years with all of this awesomeness, step aside you company makers of Tekken, GG, KoF, VF, etc, etc...the OG original Dog is back in town.

This game I will play til the cows come home, really loved it back when it first came out, played MvC2 during it's Glory Days, so I'll really be looking forward to MvC3.

I am hoping that they just improve on the MvC3 system, obviously will have new tinks in it, but I will not mind. My only notion to Capcom is that they had better improve the Capcom Cast Side so that they are more viable on the competitive side.

Outside of that, this game I have hoped, and prayed but due to the the licensing I thought it was all but over, however now, I'm happy to see that this will be a reality!

Thank You Capcom!

Bro SMASH
I think it's safe to say that Dante is gonna be in the game. There's a sillouette of a character with a sword on his back, who also seem to have the same hairstyle.

steverules_2
They got Chris aiming a gun at hulk but in all seriousness what has a gun like that ever really done to hulk? All it would is just probably piss him off even more erm

Nemesis X
Originally posted by steverules_2
They got Chris aiming a gun at hulk but in all seriousness what has a gun like that ever really done to hulk? All it would is just probably piss him off even more erm

You do realize how overpowered characters can be in a non-canon crossover videogame, right? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for example has Frank West who can own Ken the Eagle for God sakes. If this game were canon to both Capcom and Marvel, I would have to agree with you that that gun won't do **** on the gamma monster.

Anyways, I hope this game comes out early. Kinda like when Sucker Punch announced the release of their game, inFamous, and suddenly released it very early, due to quickly finishing it and look how well that turned out, it got 9/10 so let's hope Capcom does the same here.

Kazenji
I think people are missing the point of what a crossove means.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
I think people are missing the point of what a crossove means.

And what point would that be (other than two characters from a different series meeting eachother)?

Kazenji
Ummmmmm possibly just to have fun and not take things too seriously.......which some people seem to be doing.

No End N Site
The only reason MVC exists is cuz back in the day, Capcom use to make Marvel fighin' games and use to use the SFA or to be more correct Darkstalkers sprite syle to do it. Might as well make a cross over, Marvel fans and Capcom fightin fans combined=more money, Yesh!

P3ALwKeSEYs

I'm sure Marvel realized how hyper MVC2 sales were as well as the success of TVC and SFIV and decided to get in on all the cash.

Heythere,Honey
I wonder if they're making an arcade version of this? beer

Bro SMASH
Many sources say that they're not planning for an arcade version. They're just focusing on the PS3 and Xbox360 versions.

GenomeFrozener
Wesker, Frank West, Phoenix Wight, Dante, Anti Venom and Jedah I want.

JustFrame
My take on a few things I would like to see happen in Marvel vs Capcom 3...

I feel they really need to make the basic Forward/Backward Air Dash + double jump universal for each character, simply because that will help them all out in someway or manner. Obviously dash speed and distance can be different for each character, however they need to have this simply because majority of the characters who didn't have simply couldn't do anything up against characters who could do it in past Marvel vs Games.

There was alot of situations with characters like Ryu whom when pinned had absolutely no way of getting out of a situation, or getting in, because when taking to the air, they only had ONE option...Super Jump. So in my eyes, they need the F/B Airdash + DJ to be universal to help them out in this fashion.

Another thing for me also is the lack of ground game play, or little to none existent, obviously this would be hard to do in a game where everyone is jumping to the height of skyscrapers, however it would be fun to have characters who would simply make you fear being on the ground for just a few seconds or so simply because they could eat you alive for doing so.

They also need to re-tweak those "BEAM" Projectiles for certain characters...it makes single hit projectiles like Ryu's nearly obsolete. You either give more hit's for things like the Hadouken so that they can compete with the beams, either that, make it so that Beams if they hit will do multi-hit, but if Ryu shoots a Hadouken, and say Iron Man does his Uni-Beam they'll both cancel each other out right away. Not Ryu's Hadouken gets blown out and you get hit for 5-hits.

Lastly, the option for Blind Select...Please! I didn't like it at all when other people would literally sit there to wait for you to choose first so that they could choose a Counter Pick Team against yours...that's just bullsh*t.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JustFrame
My take on a few things I would like to see happen in Marvel vs Capcom 3...

I feel they really need to make the basic Forward/Backward Air Dash + double jump universal for each character, simply because that will help them all out in someway or manner. Obviously dash speed and distance can be different for each character, however they need to have this simply because majority of the characters who didn't have simply couldn't do anything up against characters who could do it in past Marvel vs Games.

There was alot of situations with characters like Ryu whom when pinned had absolutely no way of getting out of a situation, or getting in, because when taking to the air, they only had ONE option...Super Jump. So in my eyes, they need the F/B Airdash + DJ to be universal to help them out in this fashion.

Another thing for me also is the lack of ground game play, or little to none existent, obviously this would be hard to do in a game where everyone is jumping to the height of skyscrapers, however it would be fun to have characters who would simply make you fear being on the ground for just a few seconds or so simply because they could eat you alive for doing so.

They also need to re-tweak those "BEAM" Projectiles for certain characters...it makes single hit projectiles like Ryu's nearly obsolete. You either give more hit's for things like the Hadouken so that they can compete with the beams, either that, make it so that Beams if they hit will do multi-hit, but if Ryu shoots a Hadouken, and say Iron Man does his Uni-Beam they'll both cancel each other out right away. Not Ryu's Hadouken gets blown out and you get hit for 5-hits.

Lastly, the option for Blind Select...Please! I didn't like it at all when other people would literally sit there to wait for you to choose first so that they could choose a Counter Pick Team against yours...that's just bullsh*t.

QFT

Sin_Volvagia
I hope there's no Assist. I'm not fond of strikers.

Bro SMASH
Anybody else interested in what the storyline is gonna be like? I'm hoping we get some cutscenes or something because it would be cool to see how the Marvel and Capcom characters interact with each other.

No End N Site
I was told that they are considerin' Pyron, Galactus, Mephisto, some dude or thing from Breath Of Fire or Jedah as bosses.

Scythe
Galactus would have to be multi-level high, though it would be cool.

Wei Phoenix
Galactus should not be in this game because no team of Marvel or Capcom heroes I've seen in the capcom vs games can beat him.

No End N Site
Never mind, the post at SRK just got removed. That was fast.

Zack Fair
Galactus should not be in this game because no team of Marvel or Capcom heroes I've seen in the capcom vs games can beat him.

Does it really matter?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Does it really matter?

To me yes, to the majority of gamers no. It's a personal thing. I feel the same way about any boss that gets jobbed or they're there for a silly reason. I liked MVC2's boss.

Heythere,Honey
I hope Apocalypse is in this.

JustFrame
Like I said, make Justin Wong into the Final MvC3 Boss, because he was the Real Boss in MvC2. Seriously, I thought I was "decent" in MvC2...however playing against Justin Wong on more then one occasion when I used to play MvC2 at one point in time made me realize I was a total douche scrub in contrast.

If they made a character to look exactly like Justin Wong but with a cape on, and basically just take all of what he could literally do in-game from MvC2 and roll it into one character, you would have a character that even Galactus, Apocalypse and such would crap in their pants going up against.

I could just imagine fighting CPU Boss Wong, and seeing him do 1-Pixel Comebacks just when you thought you were going to win.

Yes, you know you would like it too!

Ridley_Prime
Anybody else interested in what the storyline is gonna be like? I'm hoping we get some cutscenes or something because it would be cool to see how the Marvel and Capcom characters interact with each other.
Games like this don't need a storyline.

To me yes, to the majority of gamers no. It's a personal thing. I feel the same way about any boss that gets jobbed or they're there for a silly reason.
Same here.

Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
I hope Apocalypse is in this.
Also, this.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Games like this don't need a storyline.

Well it's gonna get a storyline anyway so too bad.

FistOfThe North
wow just seen the trailer. very nice. i liked Ryu's loud and grand hadouken at the end. and i liked that liked how they showed him more that once on that trailer kinda showing that once again, in a way, Ryu is still indeed the most popular fighting game character in video game history.

I remember he was the capcom mascot for a while. like it was his silouette behind the beginning of the logo.

The Nuul
To me yes, to the majority of gamers no. It's a personal thing. I feel the same way about any boss that gets jobbed or they're there for a silly reason. I liked MVC2's boss.

Well, might as well say that they shouldnt even bother to make any Capcom vs Marvel games or MK vs DC games etc..... Why? because they cannot beat the characters of the comics. No way Zangief cannot beat Cyke never mind Hulk etc...

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
wow just seen the trailer. very nice. i liked Ryu's loud and grand hadouken at the end. and i liked that liked how they showed him more that once on that trailer kinda showing that once again, in a way, Ryu is still indeed the most popular fighting game character in video game history.

I remember he was the capcom mascot for a while. like it was his silouette behind the beginning of the logo.

as I said, copy pasted from TvC.. it 'is' nice.. but I still expect something better for MvC3

QYXPAESvq0Y
--------------------

http://kotaku.com/5520736/a-first-look-at-marvel-vs-capcom-3s-in+game-graphics

I think if they made the hadoukens and stuff ALOT faster (like as fast as they fly like damn bullets in the animes), they wouldnt really need mega 5 hit hit-boxes

Ridley_Prime
Well it's gonna get a storyline anyway so too bad.
Doesn't change what I said.

JustFrame
VS Series from a *insert character* vs *insert character* isn't supposed to make sense. How in the world should Spiderman defeat Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet in Marvel Super Heroes? Thanos was the final boss with that whole shebang and he's beatable.

So even if Galactus is in here, it shouldn't matter if he's a boss that was beatable. Of course, basically everyone within that roster would not be able to contend with him, however that shouldn't matter because it's only a game.

Because if we went by this, then that means in a game like Tekken...nobody should be allowed to beat Jin, and 98% of the entire Street Fighter cast should not even be allowed to beat Ryu as well unless your Alpha Bison, Gill, Gouki or Oro. So to me, having an "all powerful" well established boss from the Marvel Universe is fine, in the end, its all for fun with the inclusion of that boss regardless if he/she/it within that universe would have been "near" unstoppable.

Also, I will be extremely pissed if Marvel vs Capcom 3 played like "another" version of TvC. This isn't TvC2...this is Marvel vs Capcom 3, make it more true, and similar in fashion to the Marvel vs Series please, not TvC.

The Nuul
The series is not supposed to be serious. Its just fun and should be taken that way.

No End N Site
The game is not gonna have 1 boss, it's gonna have a boss from each side or at least that's what everyone else is sayin'. I haven't actually seen Capcom or Marvel say this but whatever...

FistOfThe North
as I said, copy pasted from TvC.. it 'is' nice.. but I still expect something better for MvC3

--------------------

i remember a few months ago i posted on the tvc thread that if mvc3 were to ever come out it would be just like tvc cause of the gameplay and cause the game is beautiful no doubt but now that i think of it, mvc3 should do, and i believe will do, leagues better, i mean it's the father of games like tvc. and it'll be for the more powerful next gen system so you know it's going to look way better.

I also believe mvc3 will probably be the most popular and best selling fighting game in video game history.

It's gonna be big. and i can't wait. i've dreamed of this game and i thought it would never be made and now it's a reality. the next game i want to be made just as badly is SW battlefront 3. I'll then be able to die happily with a smile.

Bro SMASH
The game is not gonna have 1 boss, it's gonna have a boss from each side or at least that's what everyone else is sayin'. I haven't actually seen Capcom or Marvel say this but whatever...

If that's the case, then I know two bosses that would be perfect for their sides:

Galactus for Marvel

Pyron for Capcom

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

--------------------

i remember a few months ago i posted on the tvc thread that if mvc3 were to ever come out it would be just like tvc cause of the gameplay and cause the game is beautiful no doubt but now that i think of it, mvc3 should do, and i believe will do, leagues better, i mean it's the father of games like tvc. and it'll be for the more powerful next gen system so you know it's going to look way better.

I also believe mvc3 will probably be the most popular and best selling fighting game in video game history.

It's gonna be big. and i can't wait. i've dreamed of this game and i thought it would never be made and now it's a reality. the next game i want to be made just as badly is SW battlefront 3. I'll then be able to die happily with a smile.

hell yeah battlefront is da shii~

if the in game is going to look as nice as they're promising, I'm definitely interested..

also.. I loved the baroque system in TvC.. and I cant wait to see what kind of amazing new system capcom comes up with for MVC3

Sin_Volvagia
I'm hoping Demitri is in the game so Dante can get Midnight Blissed.

FistOfThe North
hell yeah battlefront is da shii~

if the in game is going to look as nice as they're promising, I'm definitely interested..

also.. I loved the baroque system in TvC.. and I cant wait to see what kind of amazing new system capcom comes up with for MVC3

man i really hope the end up making bf3 but for now it's looking like mvc3 did 5 years ago. just a bunch or rumors, speculations, and retarded fan made youtube videos with the occasional rick roller.

And it will look nice. tvc looks good for a wii fighting game but mvc3 should look great on ps3 and 360.

but I read the that mvc3's gameplays' gonna be profound yet simplistic and very stylistic. meaning it'll flash properly, mvc style, with the in-game moves looking amazingly spectacular and complicated but it'll control like a dream meaning it's not going to be as intricate to pull off some of the more explosive attacks as it may've been before.

Heythere,Honey
If that's the case, then I know two bosses that would be perfect for their sides:

Galactus for Marvel

Pyron for Capcom
This should happen. rolling on floor laughing

And I really think the game should be called "Capcom vs. Marvel."

peejayd
I'm hoping Demitri is in the game so Dante can get Midnight Blissed.

* so we can see all male characters get Midnight Bliss'ed... stick out tongue

KCJ506
Confirmed characters

Wolverine
Iron Man
Hulk
Ryu
Chris
Morrigan

Semi-confirmed

Deadpool
Super Skrull
Doctor Doom
Chun Li
Frank West
Dante
Felicia
Trish

Since the roster is gonna have less characters there should be as many unique characters as we can get. No characters that are similar to another. So

War Machine, Charlie, Bone Claw Wolverine - Pointless when we have Guile(If he's in), Iron Man, and regular Wolverine

Sabretooth - Too close to Wolverine

Ken/Akuma/Dan/Sakura - Unneeded. We have Ryu

Jill - We got Chris now. The only other RE I can see making it in now is Wesker. Because he could play way differently.

Plus no more than 4 X-men and Street Fighter characters. In MVC2 both sides had 28 characters with 18 of them being X-men and 12 of them being Street Fighter. I hope they don't go overboard with that this time.

Heythere,Honey
Semi-confirmed is as close to confirmed as one can get. I'm pumped.

KCJ506
Oh I forgot to put Captain America on semi-confirmed.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by KCJ506
Confirmed characters

Wolverine
Iron Man
Hulk
Ryu
Chris
Morrigan

Semi-confirmed

Deadpool
Super Skrull
Doctor Doom
Chun Li
Frank West
Dante
Felicia
Trish

Since the roster is gonna have less characters there should be as many unique characters as we can get. No characters that are similar to another. So

War Machine, Charlie, Bone Claw Wolverine - Pointless when we have Guile(If he's in), Iron Man, and regular Wolverine

Sabretooth - Too close to Wolverine

Ken/Akuma/Dan/Sakura - Unneeded. We have Ryu

Jill - We got Chris now. The only other RE I can see making it in now is Wesker. Because he could play way differently.

Plus no more than 4 X-men and Street Fighter characters. In MVC2 both sides had 28 characters with 18 of them being X-men and 12 of them being Street Fighter. I hope they don't go overboard with that this time.

Sadly, they're gonna throw in Akuma. I just know he will.

No End N Site
People have to realize 'why', there were so many Street Figher and X-Men characters. *Prepare for a MVC history lesson*

3/4ths of MVC2 cast were just sprites ripped from every other games. Nearly all the character came from older games.

-X-Men CotA, explains all the X-men

-XMvsSF, explains all the X-men and Street Fighters

-MSvsSF, explains all the Street Fighters

-MVC 2 has the WHOLE CAST of Children of The Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, XMvsSF, MSvsSF, and MVC1. The hidden characters were the only characters that didn't make the cut.

MvC2 is just a mash up of all the previous games. And it should be noted that those who were new to the series in that game, none of them were SFs and only 2 were X-Men. Wit that bein' said, I would be very angry if Akuma and Ken were not in this game. Sure they have the same fightin' style but everyone should know, Guile and Charlie play totaly different (Charlie is better X10). And Ryu, Akuma, and Ken play totaly different. I needs my 3 Shoto squad, even though Ken is leagues ahead.

KCJ506
I'm sorry but I have to disagree there. If the roster was bigger then I would say bring them on, but this time, they should go back to the MvC 1 way where there was a very limited amount of X-Men & SF characters (there was only Ryu, Chun-Li, Zangief, Wolverine, & Gambit). No more than Ryu, Chun-Li, & another SF character(one who's not even remotely similar to another). , & no more than Wolverine, Magneto, & another X-Men character or two & that's it. There are tons of other Marvel & Capcom characters outside of those two franchises (as well as Darkstalkers & Megaman) that are more deserving to be in this sequel.

In TVC there are only 3 SF characters (one was from SF3), so I don't even think we'll be seeing Ken or Akuma. From the characters we know of, and the way TVC's roster turned out, I can assume they're going for a much more diverse cast.

No End N Site
I'm sorry but I have to disagree there. If the roster was bigger then I would say bring them on, but this time, they should go back to the MvC 1 way where there was a very limited amount of X-Men & SF characters (there was only Ryu, Chun-Li, Zangief, Wolverine, & Gambit).

Becuase that was a 1st attempt at a VS/Marvel game that didn't have X-Men or SF in the title.

No more than Ryu, Chun-Li, & another SF character(one who's not even remotely similar to another) & no more than Wolverine, Magneto, & another X-Men character or two & that's it.)

I disagree. I think they should focus on who people actually want in the game, so that everyone will buy it.

There are tons of other Marvel & Capcom characters outside of those two franchises (as well as Darkstalkers & Megaman) that are more deserving to be in this sequel.

There were a hefty amount of DS and Megaman characters in MVC2

In TVC there are only 3 SF characters (one was from SF3), so I don't even think we'll be seeing Ken or Akuma. From the characters we know of, and the way TVC's roster turned out, I can assume they're going for a much more diverse cast.

Yes, and TVC isn't as good or as well known as MVC2 at all. On the Capcom and SRK forums, there were tons of peeps who said they didn't buy that game simply cuz someone like Ken wasn't in it. "No Ken, no spend".

I just hope they don't axe loved and respected Capcom and Marvel veterans to put in someone like Pure & Fur and Ant Man.

No End N Site
-Edit-

I'm all for a diverse cast, just make sure the new faces aint forgetteble And you take care of the fanbase 1st.

KCJ506

There are other characters from other franchises a lot of people want. Thor is one of the most characters on people's wishlists. This is Marvel Vs. Capcom, not X-Men Vs. Street Fighter 2 with some new additions (which is what MvC 2 basically was)

Exactly my point. Morrigan and Felicia should be it for DS and Megaman and another character(preferably Zero) should be it.

This isn't specifically towards you, but that's a pretty lame reason not to buy a game just because a character you want didn't get in. No offense to those guys. There were quite of few characters I wanted in Super Smash Bros Brawl that didn't make the cut, but that didn't prevent me from buying it.

This I do agree with. Plenty more deserving Marvel characters than Ant-Man and I never even heard of Pure & Fur.

No End N Site
There are other characters from other franchises a lot of people want. Thor is one of the most characters on people's wishlists. This is Marvel Vs. Capcom, not X-Men Vs. Street Fighter 2 with some new additions (which is what MvC 2 basically was

Okay, Thor is cool, but do you really think he is going to be added to the roster before mega stars like the X-Men?

Exactly my point. Morrigan and Felicia should be it for DS and Megaman and another character(preferably Zero) should be it.

I love me some DS, but I don't expect any of them to be thought about before the most popular SF characters.

This isn't specifically towards you, but that's a pretty lame reason not to buy a game just because a character you want didn't get in. No offense to those guys. There were quite of few characters I wanted in Super Smash Bros Brawl that didn't make the cut, but that didn't prevent me from buying it.

I get that, but it's also kinda lame to not put Ken in a game just cuz Ryu is already in. Especially since Ken is one of Capcom's most famous characters and he and Ryu don't play alike (especially in MVC). I can understand the WFTness in not addin' Ken but findin' the time to add someone like Frank West.

This I do agree with. Plenty more deserving Marvel characters than Ant-Man and I never even heard of Pure & Fur.

Pure and Fur come from a game called "Capcom World 2". They were assist characters in the 1st MVC.

Sin_Volvagia
Megaman had his chance. So did Volnutt. Now it's time for X to step in.

No End N Site
Again, a wierd ass choice of characters. Why would Volnutt be in a VS game before X?

Sin_Volvagia
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2889094

Fantastic Four and Resident Evil monsters deconfirmed.

Again, a wierd ass choice of characters. Why would Volnutt be in a VS game before X?

Go ask Capcom that. I didn't put Volnutt in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

SaTsuJiN
I'm honestly sick of seeing the typical characters from each series..

what about friggin rikyuuoh, or bishamon.. that undead dude.. or hell.. John Talbain?.. Donovan?... COURSE NOT.. needs more morrigan! (/sarcasm)

Bro SMASH
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2889094

Fantastic Four and Resident Evil monsters deconfirmed.

Guess that means the Super Skrull rumor is debunked.

Heythere,Honey
Thank God, I can't stand the Fantastic Four. no expression

dvampire
Donovan or Demitri will be great additions in MvC3 but I don't want both of them in the game because I want other Capcom characters to fill the games cast. Morrigan is a female fighter from DS, now all they need is a male fighter. Ryu should be the only shoto fighter. MvC2 had Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, and Dan taking up space that could have easily been filled by other Capcom characters. I don't want Capcom's side to be covered with SF characters. On the Marvel side I hope Thor and Blade be added to the games cast.

KCJ506
The Fantastic Four not being in makes sense since Super Skrull has the powers of all four. It also saves up a few character slots. Hey maybe we'll get Silver Surfer.

Esomark

what about friggin rikyuuoh, or bishamon.. that undead dude.. or hell.. John Talbain?.. Donovan?... COURSE NOT.. needs more morrigan! (/sarcasm)

I'm with you, man. The SFers have had their time in the spotlight so let the Darkstalkers have their share. Talbain's style would have meshed perfectly the whole time (considering how fast paced MvC is) Bishamon would have made the perfect rival for Silver Samurai, and Lord Raptor's psycho attitude would make Venom look tame. Rikuo and Donovan would do good as well.

Ms.Marvel

whoa re any of those people (besides morrigan)?

...thats why theyre not going to have those people in it no expression

i dont even play fighting games, have never played street fighter in my life, or the game morrigan is from.. but i know who ken, ryu, and morrigan are...

Esomark

All from Darkstalkers, same game Morrigan is from but she isn't the only DSer that's appeared in the MvC series. Felicia, Anakaris, and BB Hood were from DS as well.

JustFrame
From the DS, they need to put in Dimitri in the game, I've always wanted him in here. As from the Street Fighter Cast, since Ryu is in it, and obviously Chunli's silhouette says it all, the other Street Fighter character they should seriously consider putting in is none other then the Sagat!

I've always, always wanted Sagat in a Marvel vs game, simply because his Tiger Genocide already looks like a Marvel vs like Super, however if they probably incorporated that into the series, it would probably look powerful enough to wipe out a city. He imo should make the cut from the SF side.

I agree, we don't need a ton of SF characters, so that more from other Capcom games can get some limelight, I would like some Rival School characters as well, possibly like Hyo, whom imo could "potentially" play well in a Marvel vs Series due to the fact that he has a long reaching sword which if they did it right could serve him well, or "possibly" even Daigo from the Rival School Series.

Megaman-X imo would be great, and how about Zero? I would love him in here as well. However remember that they did announce that they only wanted around 30 characters in.

If it was 50+ like MvC2, yes, you can definitely add more, however with 30 only, and seeing as there are 203948230948208 Capcom and Marvel characters to choose from, they should choose wisely and imo with more variety then from just one series (Maybe I'm biased because I know Ryu is already IN for Marvel vs, however why should he not, he's practically the Poster Child for Capcom anyhow, it's like not adding Kyo Kusanagi in a SNK spinoff). I agree on characters like Ant-Man who shouldn't make the cut, lmao, I'd rather have guys like Silver Surfer or such then Ant-Man.

Heythere,Honey
Lol, for a second there I thought it was gonna be released for the DS when its actually just abbrev. Darkstalkers. no expression

Scythe
Rival Schools was awesome, they should be in there. I'd love to see a Monster Hunter in there. Brawl had a Pokemon trainer, so it could work.

KCJ506
Well I read that they want more characters than Super Street Fighter 4. So it could be around 36. With 18 on each side. If that's how it is here's my wishlist

Marvel

1. Wolverine(confirmed)
2. Iron Man(confirmed)
3. Hulk(confirmed)
4. Captain America(semi-confirmed)
5. Spider-man
6. Storm
7. Magneto
8. Jean Grey
9. Thor
10. Super Skrull(semi-confirmed)
11. Doctor Doom(semi-confirmed)
12. Deadpool(semi-confirmed)
13. Dormannu(semi-confirmed?)
14. Green Goblin
15. Daredevil
16. Elektra
17. Black Panther
18. Silver Surfer

Capcom

1. Ryu(confirmed)
2. Chris Redfield(confirmed)
3. Morrigan(confirmed)
4. Chun-Li(semi-confirmed)
5. Felicia(semi-confirmed)
6. Dante(semi-confirmed)
7. Trish(semi-confirmed?)
8. Viewtiful Joe
9. Frank West(semi-confirmed)
10. Mega Man
11. Zero
12. Albert Wesker
13. Regina from Dino Crisis
14. Vanessa Schneider
15. Strider
16. Captain Commando
17. Nathan Spencer
18. Batsu from Rival Schools

Boss: Galactus

Sin_Volvagia
Trish is semi-confirmed? Source please.

KCJ506
Trish is semi-confirmed? Source please.

One of the silhouettes looks very much like her. Not really sure it is that's why I put a question mark on it.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/KCJ506/26509_103953822980685_1038662763227.jpg?t=1271962477

SaTsuJiN

...thats why theyre not going to have those people in it no expression

i dont even play fighting games, have never played street fighter in my life, or the game morrigan is from.. but i know who ken, ryu, and morrigan are... do you know why you know them?.. because they shoved them in your face *awe of revelation*.. so.. if they do the same with the other DS chars.. you'll know them too stick out tongue

Esomark
I actually played Darkstalkers before I ever played Street Fighter!
In fact, if there wasn't Darkstalkers, the anime-like graphics for the succeeding Street Fighter games and even the Vs. series itself would not have existed. Well, that's probably a stretch to say but those fluid sprites had their roots in Darkstalkers.

Bro SMASH
You know I just thought of something; when they said they couldn't get the Fantastic Four, did they mean many characters from the fanchise or just the team itself?

If it's the latter, then that could still mean that they could use their abilities for Super Skrull, thus they probably wouldn't need to put all of them in.

JustFrame
I'd love to see a Monster Hunter in there.

Omgosh, I completely forgot about that, Hahahahaha! Yes, I 100% agree a Monster Hunter Character, but not just "any" monster hunter character, but a Male and Female Rathalos Set Monster Hunter character using possibly the Katana Sword. If you press punch it's the male version and if you press kick it's the female version, just give them the same exact hitboxes, so that it doesn't eff them up.

My goodness, I forgot about Monster Hunter...I would so love a Rathalos Set (Remember, the original Red Set!) Character in MvC3...make it happen Capcom!

Ms.Marvel
do you know why you know them?.. because they shoved them in your face *awe of revelation*.. so.. if they do the same with the other DS chars.. you'll know them too stick out tongue

good point >_>

Heythere,Honey
Well I read that they want more characters than Super Street Fighter 4. So it could be around 36. With 18 on each side. If that's how it is here's my wishlist

Marvel

1. Wolverine(confirmed)
2. Iron Man(confirmed)
3. Hulk(confirmed)
4. Captain America(semi-confirmed)
5. Spider-man
6. Storm
7. Magneto
8. Jean Grey
9. Thor
10. Super Skrull(semi-confirmed)
11. Doctor Doom(semi-confirmed)
12. Deadpool(semi-confirmed)
13. Dormannu(semi-confirmed?)
14. Green Goblin
15. Daredevil
16. Elektra
17. Black Panther
18. Silver Surfer

Capcom

1. Ryu(confirmed)
2. Chris Redfield(confirmed)
3. Morrigan(confirmed)
4. Chun-Li(semi-confirmed)
5. Felicia(semi-confirmed)
6. Dante(semi-confirmed)
7. Trish(semi-confirmed?)
8. Viewtiful Joe
9. Frank West(semi-confirmed)
10. Mega Man
11. Zero
12. Albert Wesker
13. Regina from Dino Crisis
14. Vanessa Schneider
15. Strider
16. Captain Commando
17. Nathan Spencer
18. Batsu from Rival Schools

Boss: Galactus
WTF no Venom. no expression VENOM WEB!!

No End N Site
should seriously consider putting in is none other then the Sagat!

yes. Yes! YES!!!

I'd love to see a Monster Hunter in there.

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some MH in there. They'd be stupid not to. Capcom and Marvel seem' to be aimin' straight for popularity. Makin' the largest crowds happy 1st.

Scythe
Omgosh, I completely forgot about that, Hahahahaha! Yes, I 100% agree a Monster Hunter Character, but not just "any" monster hunter character, but a Male and Female Rathalos Set Monster Hunter character using possibly the Katana Sword. If you press punch it's the male version and if you press kick it's the female version, just give them the same exact hitboxes, so that it doesn't eff them up.

My goodness, I forgot about Monster Hunter...I would so love a Rathalos Set (Remember, the original Red Set!) Character in MvC3...make it happen Capcom!

Yeah!

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some MH in there. They'd be stupid not to. Capcom and Marvel seem' to be aimin' straight for popularity. Makin' the largest crowds happy 1st.

I hope so.

Nemesis X
I hope that Ghost Rider, Venom, and Albert Wesker appear in this. I would say Nemesis but I bet him being in MvC will only be a dream. But if he was, a Nemesis versus Hulk would make more sense than Chris versus Hulk in the trailer.

Bro SMASH
I hope they'll have Level 3 combos similar to the ones in TvC.

Frisky Dingo
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (F)ate of (T)wo (W)orlds.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 FTW................

The "win-ness" of this sure 2 B epic game is all N the name.

Bro SMASH
There are some people on GameFAQs that think that Dante can take on the Hulk which has me thinking, where would Dante rank in the Marvel universe?

Nemesis X
In case nobody knows, Capcom confirmed that they've been developing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since summer 2008 so I guess all that demanding in 2009 was a waste for fans. The game hasn't been finished yet due to Capcom working on other projects.

First_Tsurugi06
Good. That means the chances we're getting something rushed, unpolised and/or half-assed are slim. Worth the waste imo, even if I was late to the MvC craze.

FistOfThe North
i hope capcom pour their heart and soul and alot of money into this. they should that MVC3 can be the most popular fighting game ever made and for years to come.

and i wonder what the graphics'll look like. "sf4" water colors? "tvc" cell shading, or blaz blue's 2d/3d meld.

I think it's most likely gonna look like blaze blu but just a bit better.

No End N Site
The gameplay is actually gonna look almost exactly like the trailer.

KCJ506
Screw Attack's top ten of who should be in MVC3

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/64935

It starts off decent, but it gets worse as it goes on. Number 2 and number 1, had me facepalming.

First_Tsurugi06
As fae as I can tell, Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken at the end of the trailer looked like something out of gameplay.

Sin_Volvagia
Screw Attack's top ten of who should be in MVC3

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/64935

It starts off decent, but it gets worse as it goes on. Number 2 and number 1, had me facepalming.

Professor X is a bad idea for MvC3 as he's barely a fighter and just wouldn't work in a fighting game. But Mickey Mouse as #1? Worst choice for a fighting game character ever. I don't give a shit if Disney bought Marvel, you have to be an idiot to think he has any chance in MvC3.

The only noteworthy characters in that video are Nightcrawler, Apocalypse, and the Bionic Commando.

Kazenji

The only noteworthy characters in that video are Nightcrawler, Apocalypse, and the Bionic Commando.

And also Arthur the guy needs to be an actual fighter instead of team up bullshit as that video said

Punisher also.

KCJ506
Punisher is a good choice, but I don't think he'll be in because THQ(I believe) has the rights to the character. This is why he wasn't in MUA 1 & 2.

Nemesis X
Disney in my Marvel vs. Capcom? **** that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>