Lugia and Ho-Oh vs. Chaos Vincent and Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Who wins?

ScreamPaste
Either pokemon soloes.

Demonic Phoenix
What he said.

*inb4FFfanbois*

CosmicComet
Ok, who wins between Lugia and Ho-Oh though?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by CosmicComet

There's a Lugia vs. Ho-Oh thread. Go there.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Popularity? Lugia.
Coolness? Ho-Oh.
Battle? No idea. Fanboi in me says Ho-Oh.

AsbestosFlaygon
Depends on the power level of the Lugia.

If it's one of the more powerful ones, as powerful (or more powerful?) as Ho-oh, it stands a chance against the FF duo.

Not that it would matter, since Ho-oh can practically solo.

Sin_Volvagia
Let's see:

Lugia
-wings can cause a 40 day storm while a light fluttering blows apart houses.

-It's body can withstand the deep ocean pressure

-Can protect itself from status problems temporarily

-Can shoot high-pressured water

-Can regenerate via Recover

-Has psychic powers (no telekinesis) and can kind of see into the future

-It's signature attack, Aeroblast is supposed to be his most powerful attack but it only seems to cut through icebergs and some airship

-Can use Ancient Power which sprouts up rocks (or shoots some white sphere in the anime) with a chance of raising its stats.

-Calm mind raises special attack and defense

-An airship was a threat to Lugia and IIRC, was having trouble fighting the legendary birds.

Ho-Oh
-Holds a one-use item that restores the dead

-Has a double weakness to rock types

-Can use Safeguard

-Can throw whirlwinds

-Can make high-speed dive bombs

-Can regenerate via Recover

-Has the same Psychic moves as Lugia including Calm Mind

-Uses the element of fire

-Can make the sky clear to use the sun to power up its fire attacks.

Chaos Vincent

fmP_qK6Av1Y
First two minutes
Chaos Vincent destroys Omega who can wipe out all life in the planet. The rest of the FF7 cast couldn't stop the creature.

ucY2k8LhvEU
Vincent is insanely fast.

BiVR4LR3LVs
3:40-4:30

Even as regular Vincent, he's pretty fast.

Sephiroth

l6ZaSipHuO4
Before the events of FF7, Sephiroth was an incredibly powerful swordsman. He was able to handle Angeal and Genesis, both who are superhumans. He could easily cut through steel with one-handed strokes and shoots cutting waves. Genesis's fire attacks did no harm to him at all.

In the events of FF7, Sephiroth could cast magic without using materia, can make illusions, read minds, use telekinesis (which he used on the FF7 party and made them feel like they were being ripped apart), and take control of Jenova's body parts and turn them into clones of him.

As Bizarro Sephiroth, he can use a variety of high-level elemental spells, put people to sleep, slow down targets, and bring one into a near-death state with Heartless Angel.

As Safer Sephiroth, he had a variety of devastating magics including Break (which turns one into stone), Pale Horse (which causes sadness as well as shrinking their targets and turning them into frogs), Supernova (behaves like Heartless Angel but also inflicts confusion, silence, and slow), Shadow Flare (powerful magic attack), and Dispel (erases positive status effects). One of his physical attacks causes blindness and paralyzation.

You got it backwards; either FF character solos. It doesn't matter if both Pokemon were to be revived after being defeated; the result is still the same.

BloodRain
Either FF can solo this.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Either pokemon soloes.

ScreamPaste
Should have expected as much from you.
And how do you propose they do?
The pokemon are probably beyond harm,
from poor team FunnyFarm.

Lugia's wings are powerful enough alone,
to render the other team good and owned.

NemeBro
I notice you did not actually address his post Scream.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
I notice you did not actually address his post Scream.
You want a point by point rebuttal in verse?
A possible hour's effort, a post is not worth.

NemeBro
Then stfu. estahuh

ScreamPaste
A light show with no destruction,
random by-standers continue to function.

Granted he's quick, but I don't see how it helps.
A flap of Lugia's wings and his speed melts.

You posted things on Sephiroth that've been posted before,
none of it saves him from being Lugia's whore. 131

ScreamPaste
Then stfu. estahuh
STFU?
NO U!

FinalAnswer
A light show with no destruction,
random by-standers continue to function.

Granted he's quick, but I don't see how it helps.
A flap of Lugia's wings and his speed melts.

You posted things on Sephiroth that've been posted before,
none of it saves him from being Lugia's whore. 131

Back up your claims *****.

BloodRain
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

How?

MooCowofJustice
Flight is a great advantage, for one. Lugia flaps his wing and both of them are kept at a distance should they somehow get close. And Sephiroth was pwnt by an Omnislash, excellent with durability he isn't.

Red Nemesis
Scream, that was terrific.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Scream, that was terrific.
*Bow*

FinalAnswer
Flight is a great advantage, for one. Lugia flaps his wing and both of them are kept at a distance should they somehow get close. And Sephiroth was pwnt by an Omnislash, excellent with durability he isn't.

Did Sephiroth look cut up at all by the omnislash to you?

MooCowofJustice
Not really. So he got beat by nothing? Is that what you're telling me?

BloodRain
1. Vincent can fly no expression sure Seph can too.
2. Keeping them at a distance will only delay the fight.
3. What can the Pokes do that would hit them? And do tell how one swift (very swift) stab wont kill either of them?

ScreamPaste
_8fPIcW8dyc
Lugia can dodge lightning,
there's no point fighting.
He is faster, and he's strong.
Lugia soloes, how's it feel to be wrong?

BloodRain
Pokemon lightning speed has never been at real lightning speed like a Thunder bolt at equal speeds to a Bubblebeam erm
Wait did you not see the Weiss scene? Lugia is in no way faster.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Pokemon lightning speed has never been at real lightning speed like a Thunder bolt at equal speeds to a Bubblebeam erm
Wait did you not see the Weiss scene? Lugia is in no way faster.
no expression
So, a laser is slower than a bullets, and lightning isn't as fast as lightning?
You rob me of the will to rhyme, such claims are befuddling.
To claim such silliness should be a crime.
Logic weeps, and common sense pines.

Nephthys
Pokemon lightning is not as fast as real-life lightning. You're basing an interpretation of a fictional, very heavily stylised world on real-life physics. You're also directly contradicting on-screen feats. Yeah, I agree that logic is not a happy camper.

BloodRain
no expression
So, a laser is slower than a bullets, and lightning isn't as fast as lightning?
You rob me of the will to rhyme, such claims are befuddling.
To claim such silliness should be a crime.
Logic weeps, and common sense pines.

The Grotle/Rock climb scene the Moo posted. Pikachu uses Thunder bolt, Priplup uses Bubblebeam. They move at the exact same speed, unless bubbles move at the speed of lightning? Thats one reason pokemon electric attacks are not the same as real lightning in the.
Weiss scene, Vinny is faster. Sword to the head, birds able to survive?

ScreamPaste
The Grotle/Rock climb scene the Moo posted. Pikachu uses Thunder bolt, Priplup uses Bubblebeam. They move at the exact same speed, unless bubbles move at the speed of lightning? Thats one reason pokemon electric attacks are not the same as real lightning in the.
Weiss scene, Vinny is faster. Sword to the head, birds able to survive?
The only time that occurs, is when lightning is intertwined with water attacks,
So, I'm afraid, you're actively ignoring the facts.

"Vinnie" cannot land a hit, and even if he could it wouldn't matter,
watch the scene, Lugia's hit by all three birds, and gets back at 'er.

The same scene in which, he instantly accellerates water to cyclone speeds,
his entry in the pokedex is all he needs.

BloodRain
The only time that occurs, is when lightning is intertwined with water attacks,
So, I'm afraid, you're actively ignoring the facts.

"Vinnie" cannot land a hit, and even if he could it wouldn't matter,
watch the scene, Lugia's hit by all three birds, and gets back at 'er.

The same scene in which, he instantly accellerates water to cyclone speeds,
his entry in the pokedex is all he needs.

You would be right if that actually happened. In the scene they were not touching each other but still moving at the same speed. Therefore no facts have been ignored ^^
The speed he showed was faster then anything the pokes could do or hit. Whats to stop Seph from teleporting and killing either?

MooCowofJustice
Bubblebeam's move pretty fast in the anime.

BloodRain
Same speed as a Flamethrower, Razor leaf and Water gun. None of which should be anywhere near lightning speed.

ScreamPaste
Bubblebeam's move pretty fast in the anime.
This is also true. In the anime, bubbles are awesome.
Pikachu's dodged loads, and bubbles have got him.

Sin_Volvagia
_8fPIcW8dyc
Lugia can dodge lightning,
there's no point fighting.
He is faster, and he's strong.
Lugia soloes, how's it feel to be wrong?

Lugia is still slow
and Ho-Oh's all show.
Sephiroth goes for a lunge
Both Pokemon take a plunge
Vincent shoots a big beam
all thats left is goo cream.

My last line sucks sad

ScreamPaste
Same speed as a Flamethrower, Razor leaf and Water gun. None of which should be anywhere near lightning speed.
Watch the scene, we see fire, and ice,
moving as fast as lightning, isn't that nice?
Anime physics don't care about substance.
And lugia dodged them, isn't that something?
Here's the deal. Lightning is lightning, now promptly get real. no expression
Still much faster than bullets, no matter what you say.
and that means Lugia's reactions are better today.

Vincent and Sephiroth lack strength feats sufficient,
to harm a bird so incredibly and thoroughly proficient,
at soaking damage the way you'll see,
if you ever watch that movie.

Nephthys
Why hell, Mr. Double standards, how are you today.

Vincent *****-slaps a guy a football field away in Dirge.

ScreamPaste
And this is supposed to be comparable?
Next to those blasts, that is terrible.

FinalAnswer
Not really. So he got beat by nothing? Is that what you're telling me?

Was pretty sure it was stated Omnislash was a spiritual attack.

Nephthys
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Dirge%20of%20Cerberus/Update%2042/52-azuldead69.jpg

What about this? Which he did with a casual, one-handed throw. The guy he throws it through also the durability of an actual tank.

Also, Sephiroth cuts through steel like butter. Lugia gets pwnt.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, none of you should be talking about double standards.

Omnislash is spiritual? Cool, because Pokemon have non-physical attacks.

BloodRain
Watch the scene, we see fire, and ice,
moving as fast as lightning, isn't that nice?
Anime physics don't care about substance.
And lugia dodged them, isn't that something?
Here's the deal. Lightning is lightning, now promptly get real. no expression
Still much faster than bullets, no matter what you say.
and that means Lugia's reactions are better today.

Vincent and Sephiroth lack strength feats sufficient,
to harm a bird so incredibly and thoroughly proficient,
at soaking damage the way you'll see,
if you ever watch that movie.

And then we see that natural lightning in the anime like in the first ep is at normal lightning speed. So attacks in the anime arnt at real lightning speed. Dodging pokemon electric attacks ≠ dodging lightning.
When could the birds resist a sword to the head?

ScreamPaste
Zapdos in the pokedex is specificly stated to create lightning.
Lugia dodged that lightning, it's the pokedex you're fighting.

BloodRain
No its the anime im on about.

NemeBro
Omnislash is spiritual? Cool, because Pokemon have non-physical attacks. Lugia and Ho-oh not being among them.

Anime is not canon to the games.

LLLLLink
Lugia and Ho-oh not being among them.

Except for Yellow version.

SpadeKing
Lugia and Ho-oh not being among them.

But outside the anime dodging electricity is basically in both games.

Sin_Volvagia
Sephiroth breaks Ho-Oh's bones with TK and slices Lugia's body with sword waves. The end.

And no, Lugia has no telekinesis since it has to learn Psychic (should be called Psychokinesis like Swift should be called Speedstar) from a TM.

MooCowofJustice
Pretty much anything not declared a Physical attack means it works off of Special Attack, making it non-physical. Should be close enough to spiritual.

wakkawakkawakka
I know some people have made an argument about it already but I would just like to say that Vincent in his highly overrated(and awesome) Chaos form is pretty much the "bane of life". Wouldn't that give it at least some credibility over Lugia and Ho-oh?

Even if the two legendary birds do win the whole planet they're on will still blow up......that is if Sephiroth has the time to cast meteor and they give it about a couple of weeks to get to the planet.(joking)

Heythere,Honey
FF pplz dodge lightning fairly easily. (t3h SOLDIERs I mean)

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Sephiroth breaks Ho-Oh's bones with TK and slices Lugia's body with sword waves. The end.

And no, Lugia has no telekinesis since it has to learn Psychic (should be called Psychokinesis like Swift should be called Speedstar) from a TM. Oh look, once again claims with no evidence, now that I don't have to rhyme allow me to enlighten you.

Lugia's wings are strong enough to cause 40 day storms, he can dodge Zapdos' lightning, Zapdos is stated to create lightning, in the pokedex. Lugia can tank a simultaneous hit from Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos.

Sephiroth has no means to harm, catch, or survive against Lugia alone. no expression Ho-Oh adds some srs spitiness to this thread.

Nephthys
Becuase he has super powers, specifically to do with the ability to control the weather and the sea. The most he can do wing-wise is destroy houses, which both of team 2 can tank.

Again, anime physics make this not too impressive. Just becuase something is referred to as something from our world, doesn't mean it has the exact same characteristics.

Sephiroth and Chaos can dish out more damage than those attacks. And you'll notice that the three overwhelm him at various points (and knock him out in another). All they need to do is make him faint anyway.

ScreamPaste
Vids?
This could easily be applied to Sephiroth and Vincent. Anime physics, unimpressiv,e bullets in fiction =/= bullets IRL, ect.

Lolno. No feats suggest this. Any one of those birds is superior to Seph and vincent. Vincent's best feat is a light show that did no damage to the random people nearby, or the city of Midgar. Sephiroth can cut through steel, small time.

Lugia took a hit from all three at once, got back up.

Sin_Volvagia
Vids?
This could easily be applied to Sephiroth and Vincent. Anime physics, unimpressiv,e bullets in fiction =/= bullets IRL, ect.

Lolno. No feats suggest this. Any one of those birds is superior to Seph and vincent. Vincent's best feat is a light show that did no damage to the random people nearby, or the city of Midgar. Sephiroth can cut through steel, small time.

Lugia took a hit from all three at once, got back up.

Nintendo wank.

Sephiroth easily cut through steel with one handed strokes from his 10ft sword. He took fire magic without any damage. Lugia tooks hits and shown that it took pain. Hell, an airship was giving it trouble.

Chaos Vincent destroyed a monster that could wipe out all life on the planet.

You say my previous post has no evidence but the videos I posted prove otherwise. Chaos Vincent made a light show? I guaranteed if that was a Nintendo character doing that, you'd over here claiming how that would beat any Final Fantasy characters and Dante. If there's someone with no evidence that would be you.

ScreamPaste
Irony.

did you seriously just compare Firage with Moltres' flames? You joking? Moltres would vapourise Sephiroth.

I had a laugh, no. I'd use actually destructive feats. That isn't one. All it was, was a light show. See those random people hanging aroudn nearby? None of them died, Midgar was fine, everything was fine. It's a non-feat, nothing was destroyed. You can stop wanking FF any time now.

BloodRain
But really, they cant touch Vincent at the speed he went at. Then theres TK and sword damage to worry about.

May of been a lightshow (?cant recall) but there had to be an immense force and power to make a lightshow on that scale. Whatever red charge he did would have drastic effects on the birds.

ScreamPaste
Well, that might be so, if it weren't for the energy all being used up in the light show. stick out tongue That's sorta what I'm getting at, though.

All the normal bystanders, the city, nothing was damaged no expression Whatever happened, while pretty kool looking, wasn't destructive.

Sin_Volvagia
Irony.

I at least post videos proving my points.

No proof that Moltres is better than Firaga. The bird had trouble fighting an airship. Sephiroth would have destroyed that thing easily and easily beat all three legendary birds. Pokemon wank!

Omega Weapon was destroyed and it was something the rest of the FF7 cast couldn't put down.

ScreamPaste
So do I, and I did in this exact thread.

Moltres' fire is hot enough to damage pokemon who are unharmed by lava. That's a feat. It's hot enough to instantly vapourise ice created by Articuno's icebeam, which if you watched that video, can instantly freeze a giant cyclonic pillar of water in motion. That's a feat on par or above Samus' ice beam. no expression Did I mention Lugia tanked that, at the same time as Moltres flames and Zapdos lightning?
Got any durability feats? The FF7 cast isn't exactly high on offensive power. erm

BloodRain
=why Vincent wont be hit. If he can easily slice through large steel cannons why not Lugia/Ho-oh?

ScreamPaste
=why Vincent wont be hit. If he can easily slice through large steel cannons why not Lugia/Ho-oh? I justcovered this. Lugia tanked attacks fro mthe three legendary birds simultaneously. no expression Also, has great reaction time, you can watch him dodging the majority of their attacks all at once in that video, and he's so fast he can instantly accellerate water to above cyclone speeds and lift it out of the ocean in a pillar just by spinning. no expression

BloodRain
None of that speed matches the Vincest vs Weiss scene. Was hurt by the three attacks but Im not seeing how that makes it resist a sword that is a hotknifethroughbutter to steel from a TK'er.

ScreamPaste
None of that speed matches the Vincest vs Weiss scene. Was hurt by the three attacks but Im not seeing how that makes it resist a sword that is a hotknifethroughbutter to steel from a TK'er. Lugia >>> Steel. no expression It's one of the hardiest pokemon evar. It's also one of the pokegods, sorta. Given that those beams can all be seen causing extreme destruction and explosions and shit, and the three birds fighting nearly wrecked the world, I'd say Lugia's not going to go down from a swording from a ten tonner. Especially seeing that ten tonner strength is so far below even average pokemanz.

MooCowofJustice
Don't get carried away, Scream. Articuno isn't close to Samus' Ice Beam. Absolute Zero, I believe it is.

ScreamPaste
IIRC her beam is supposed to be "close".

BloodRain
Could be laziness but I may call a draw on this. If the FF duo cant harm the birds (which Im sure they can) then the birds cant hit the FF two. Either FF wins or its a tie.

MooCowofJustice
Can't dodge wind.

A specified battlefield for this would have been nice. But NemeSis makes bad threads.

BloodRain
So at best the pkmn make a stalemate?

ScreamPaste
The pokemon have far greater destructive power, and are harder to put down. no expression

MooCowofJustice
Sure, why not. Would be cool to have a thread settled for once.

Edit: Guess that ain't happening.

ScreamPaste
Will agree to stalemate for the sake of laziness, if that pleases everyone. uhuh But I don't like it.

LLLLLink
Lugia has thumbs. Your arguments are invalid.

MooCowofJustice
Shut up, 5L.

STALEMATE, GO FOR IT! SETTLE A THREAD FOR ONCE!

LLLLLink
Shut up, 5L.

"MooCow gave you the Justice Medallion! He adds his power to your own!"

Thanks, Moo.

ScreamPaste
I just imagined something horrific to do with a Lon Lon temple in OoT. Thanks for ruining my life, 5L. haermm

LLLLLink
Thanks for ruining my life, 5L. haermm

It's what I do. thumb up

link-rape

BloodRain
Agree to the stalemate for the sake of it. (Even if Seph and Vincent win >.&gtwink

MooCowofJustice
Dun do that.

STALEMATE IT IS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO

ScreamPaste
No. uhuh You agree to a stalemate. Therefore no one wins. ExceptmaybeLu-..

Pi?

MooCowofJustice
Imma slap you both.

BloodRain
Verbal agreement for the thread, I can still think otherwise shifty

MooCowofJustice
I can to, but I wasn't posting about it.

ScreamPaste
Verbal agreement for the thread, I can still think otherwise shifty You can think otherwise, while I know otherwise, we still agree to a stalemate. uhuh

MooCowofJustice
This doesn't look like it's gonna work out. no expression

BloodRain
Aye shall leave it at that....

He says knowing someone later on will start this up again :/

ScreamPaste
Aye shall leave it at that....

He says knowing someone later on will start this up again :/
Yep. Someone will. Ten bucks says it's not a pokemon fan.

LLLLLink

OMG!!! Lugia and Ho-oh would own Vincent and Sephiroth!!!

Where's my ten bucks?

BloodRain
Ten bucks that you're thinking of Sin.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by LLLLLink
OMG!!! Lugia and Ho-oh would own Vincent and Sephiroth!!!

Where's my ten bucks? You cheated.Originally posted by BloodRain
Ten bucks that you're thinking of Sin. Not taking that bet. wink

LLLLLink
You cheated.

Wha-? Aw...sad

BloodRain
Not taking that bet. wink
Damn xD

Bah. I should of taken the bet, 5L would of made me win >:

LLLLLink
Damn xD

Bah. I should of taken the bet, 5L would of made me win >:

Anything to get my hands on some of Screampaste's dough.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Anything to get my hands on some of Screampaste's dough. You forgot to say "no homo" stick out tongue

Also, I don't really have any. Nintendo steals it all.

LLLLLink
You forgot to say "no homo" stick out tongue

Your Canadian slang doesn't apply to me. wink

ScreamPaste
Toon Linkery.^

LLLLLink
Toon Link can DIAF. Somehow...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.